PDA

View Full Version : the ghost

Fabio Pinto
10th Aug 2004, 01:02
anybody know how to kill the ghost in the aod? if you know tell my.

Dino
10th Aug 2004, 06:24
Welcome aboard, Fabio Pinto, on this your second day on the forum.

There have been many threads with "Brother Obscura" or the "Red Ghost" in the thread title. You can use the Search function to find them. With the Search function there is no waiting for a reply.

Here is one of the best of the posts you would find if you used the Search function:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Quillan [9/24/2003]
The way I did it, was after the cutscene, crouch immediately and crawl out to the side of the room. You can crawl around the room picking up the shotgun and shells at this point.

Find out what statue has the blue light on it. Crawl around the outside of the room until you are near that statue. Save the game. Crawl a little closer, and see if the light is still there. If so, save the game. If not, reload. Repeat until you are as close as possible to the statue without the light moving to another.

Now, quickly, when the ghost moves away, stand and recrouch, and draw your shotgun. Stay facing the statue at all times. Do not turn around to shoot at the ghost when it is behind you; you need to be able to see the statue. Now, when the ghost is in front of you, shoot it. When the ghost pauses, stand up, put away the shotgun, and RUN to the statue and hit the action key. If you have timed the pause correctly, you will be able to grab the painting.

Once you have, crouch immediately again, and double check your inventory to be SURE it is there. If it is, save the game again, and crawl out of the room and down the stairs.

gamegerl
10th Aug 2004, 13:56
stay calm girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or boy!!!!!!!!!!!

Pink
15th Aug 2004, 16:48
Grabbing that painting about drove me mental, but that's good advice, works every time! It just takes some tries to run, stop, and grab in the little time you get.

Lia67
4th Sep 2004, 20:37
Originally posted by Pink
Grabbing that painting about drove me mental, but that's good advice, works every time! It just takes some tries to run, stop, and grab in the little time you get.

Yeah me to, but you can also do a backflip, putting the shotgun away in mid-flip too.

agent008
4th Sep 2004, 21:50
what i did was collect everything in the room and waited for the blue light to go on the statue near the door so this pointless part in the level can be quick and btw the ghost still follows u when u go down the stairs

Lia67
4th Sep 2004, 22:08
lol, I know you just about have to crawl into the water in the hallway.