PDA

View Full Version : Thief 2 Major Video Card Prob. !!

V2000
6th Aug 2004, 12:42
When i had Windows ME , Thief 2 used to work perfect for me with no probs at all

but now i got a computer with P4 2.8GHZ , 512MB RAM , ATI Radeon 9600 , and everytime i try and run Thief 2 : at the first couple of seconds the game crashes and pops up a message saying "ERROR : Direct3d device driver does not accurately report texture memory usage. Contact your 3D accelator vendor for updated drivers"

now im using the 4.7
i tried re-moving that semi-colon of that cfg file and it still didnt work , tried installing the previous driver and still didnt work , waaaaaaaaaaaa can someone help me plsss

I NEED HELP !!!

znienacka
8th Aug 2004, 11:15
i have the same problem, or rather, sometimes i get this message and sometimes i play a minute or two and the game crashes ( stops ) ...i finished t3 a couple of days before so i thought playing t1 and t2 would be great...p4 2.8 512 ram r9200 c 4.7 ... help ...

znienacka
9th Aug 2004, 12:44
read the section 'Direct 3D Device does not accurately report texture memory usage, or Help! I only get a black screen!' at www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031#hyperthread. worked for me.