PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Glory at Leipzig Convention

Vic Flange
4th Aug 2004, 11:32
Hi all,

Just to let you know, if anyone is going to the Leipzig Convention (19th-22nd August), Imperial Glory will be there :)

sick
4th Aug 2004, 15:23
I'm still having vacation that time, so I can come (and I really want to!!)
Only problem is that I have to travel for about 800 km's for that...:o
The money isn't a problem, but I don't like sitting in a train for hours.

Probably I'm going to London somewhere in November for a couple of days, can I give you guys a visit?:)

Mike_B
4th Aug 2004, 17:47
Interesting to know, thanks. What exactly will be show there, will there be playable content :D ?

Hmm... Leipzig...

vacation = check
distance = quite do-able, compared to other events
money = check
German = http://home.pi.be/~turkyen5/uhoh.gif

maybe

sick
4th Aug 2004, 21:07
I just saw a short video from the Games Convention site. Man, it's crowdy there!! I read that there where 92.000 visitor last year.:eek: They should really have a better minimum age than 6 years...
Thanks for posting this Vic, but walking there and having 13 year old kids running and screaming around doesn't really sound attractive to me. Neither does the travel time of 9½ hours.
For those who go, have lots of fun!!

GC Site (http://www.leipziger-messe.de/gc/gcinfo_e.shtml)

Willmore
5th Aug 2004, 00:00
If it were 2 kilometers away, I might consider it, as it stands, it's oh ... 8207 kilometers away. And if I had that kind of cash, I would far prefer the Olympics to any gaming convention (barring perhaps E3).

Mike_B
5th Aug 2004, 08:42
Originally posted by sick
I just saw a short video from the Games Convention site. Man, it's crowdy there!! I read that there where 92.000 visitor last year.:eek: They should really have a better minimum age than 6 years...
Thanks for posting this Vic, but walking there and having 13 year old kids running and screaming around doesn't really sound attractive to me. Neither does the travel time of 9½ hours.
For those who go, have lots of fun!!

GC Site (http://www.leipziger-messe.de/gc/gcinfo_e.shtml)

Let's put it this way, if we're sure we actually get to see something we might consider coming :p

Arctic_Wolf
6th Aug 2004, 04:01
Theres no way I can get there, there never seems to be a games thingy within reasonable drive distance. Why can't they hold E3 in Newcastle, why?!

Willmore
6th Aug 2004, 04:05
Because if it were in Newcastle, you would get a new district - South Central ... and you don't want that, believe me.

Arctic_Wolf
6th Aug 2004, 04:13
I don't live in Newcastle its just easier for me to get to than London, or Los Angeles. I don't mind so much the Leipzig Convention being in Leipzig but I wish Northern England wasn't treated as some barren land of savages, thats Birmingham :D, and something actualy happened here. House Prices are Sky-Rocketing, Cities are growing exponentially, urban renewal everywhere you look, Hello world, we do exist you know! :rolleyes:

Willmore
6th Aug 2004, 04:44
riiiight .... I'll believe it when I see it ... and I'm never going there ... so tough luck :-)

Vic Flange
9th Aug 2004, 09:13
Yes, Leipzig isn't the most easy to reach place in the world. There aren't even any direct flights from Heathrow or Gatwick :confused:

Unfortunately, the code won't be playable; instead we'll demo-ing all the main features.

sick
9th Aug 2004, 09:23
What can be seen at Game Stars Live (http://www.gamestarslive.co.uk)?

You'll be able to get your hands on - Crash and Burn, Snowblind, Shellshock: Nam '67, Imperial Glory, Get On Da Mic and Championship Manager.
Advertising trick or true?

Joker II
9th Aug 2004, 09:56
Originally posted by Vic Flange
Unfortunately, the code won't be playable; instead we'll demo-ing all the main features. [/B]

Demo-ing ships aswell abit more extensively then in the previous trailer?

Oh yes, to get to Leipzig is a pain in the ass, it takes about 11.00Hr to get there by train :( , but euh, I think it'll be worth it :D

See ya,
Joker ;)

Souto
25th Aug 2004, 11:12
Hello Gents,

Yes we will be at GameStars and Imperial Glory will be playable.

Vic and Myself will be there to show you the ropes.

Come and see us if you can!

Cheers,

Souto

Mike_B
25th Aug 2004, 12:44
Wish I could but schools calling, well not in the weekend but still.