PDA

View Full Version : FINALY, SSN'67 forum is alive and kicking again

carberus
2nd Aug 2004, 17:06
Finally, the SSN'67 forum is back on track.

At last whe have got our own place back to talk about the all time favorit of delayed games: SHELLSHOCK NAM '67 .:p

I hope that i'm not the onely one hwo is still interested in the game and how it evolves to the actual release date????:D

All that has to be defrosted now is the site itself, and then they'll be on the right way.

All you SSN'67 fans , get over here !

-live by your rules, play by ours-

AgentOrange_section8
3rd Aug 2004, 00:57
wow..still no replies from anyone! your right we need to get this thing up..i think i'll try and stop by the Gamespot forum boards and post up that this thing is back open...and the IGN boards

ACEofSPADES87
3rd Aug 2004, 13:52
Ya Shellshock's main site needs to get updated, it still says ' As the release of Shellshock Nam '67 draws near...' . which was of course wrote 2 weeks prior to the june 29th release date. Getting frustrated with this game. Looks like I'll be playing the MOV demo till this game comes out in September, hopefully then it will be the final release date.

AgentOrange_section8
3rd Aug 2004, 14:10
yeah man hopefully they dont delay Men of Valor...lol..i think they did some one on the MOV gamespot forum was spreading that around...o well all the great games gettin delayed! if it isnt delayed i guess i'll be playing MOV until SSN67 comes out also...oh well

ACEofSPADES87
3rd Aug 2004, 14:30
Ya I remember reading somewhere it was delayed till Oct 26th or somethin like that.

b3nje
4th Aug 2004, 02:29
Australia have it listed for mid september. 16th roughly.

but as always with all things military, its 'subject to change'

Capone
4th Aug 2004, 15:03
hey how about we BOYCOTT ALL EIDOS PRODUCTS

Mike_B
4th Aug 2004, 17:02
How about no.

Jack455
4th Aug 2004, 17:05
well said :D

Jack455
4th Aug 2004, 20:36
Forget Medals
Forget Honor
Just....Survive........

O bloody hell I can't wait. lol sorry if this is spam I'm just excited again after waiting so long :D

CampKillYourself
8th Aug 2004, 13:24
Where can you get a demo for MOV?? And last i heard its release day was september 21 or something like that

ACEofSPADES87
9th Aug 2004, 15:56
the demo of MOV is in the September issue of Official x-box magazine.

SgtSpecht1234
9th Aug 2004, 16:01
will they release a SSn67 Demo at all?

Jack455
10th Aug 2004, 03:34
No, I think not. For one the release date is pretty close and two not having a demo is becoming an increasing trend in the industry.

SgtSpecht1234
10th Aug 2004, 03:37
Why would they release a Men of Valor demo then...thats pretty close also...

Evo_Elite
11th Aug 2004, 16:26
Originally posted by Capone
hey how about we BOYCOTT ALL EIDOS PRODUCTS

I'm actually pissed at Eidos too, the game was ready to ship in mid June, the reason was no touching it up, It was cause of Summer being a quiet sales period which is bullcrap, cause I buy like 30% of my games in summer. And I was looking forword to it, but then again, there's nothing anyone could have done. Unless like a thousand people preordered it....

CampKillYourself
11th Aug 2004, 21:22
They didnt just delay it because they wanted to... they delayed it to work on the graphics and i heard that they put in online from gamestop.... Hopefully its online

ACEofSPADES87
12th Aug 2004, 01:51
Shellshock Nam '67 will not be featured with online play.

bbsacha
12th Aug 2004, 02:23
Originally posted by CampKillYourself
They didnt just delay it because they wanted to... they delayed it to work on the graphics and i heard that they put in online from gamestop.... Hopefully its online

you must be stupid or something go read what they said at gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/shellshocknam67/news_6100826.html

CampKillYourself
12th Aug 2004, 03:06
well ask anyone they delayed it to work on the graphics.. so why dont you research this stuff before you run your mouth. And no im not stupid
:mad:

bbsacha
12th Aug 2004, 15:40
well ask anyone they delayed it to work on the graphics.. so why dont you research this stuff before you run your mouth. And no im not stupid
well you must be cause from what I was reading from gamespot they said this right

Eidos delays ShellShock: Nam '67

Eidos delays the release of Guerrilla's Vietnam War-themed action game until September.

Eidos today announced that it has decided to delay the release of ShellShock: Nam '67, which was scheduled to arrive in stores later this month, until September. The Guerrilla-developed title has already been approved for the PlayStation 2, is completed for the PC, and is expected to be approved for the Xbox any day. Eidos feels, however, that although the game is effectively ready for release, it might not achieve its true sales potential if it's released during what is traditionally a quiet sales period for games

hmmm looks like Im right eh! oh why would they lie about stuff like this

bbsacha
12th Aug 2004, 16:04

oh heres some more for you and this is from Ign

and this is what they said to June 17, 2004 - In a business update sent out today, Eidos reported that softer-than-expected sales of titles such as Hitman: Contracts and Thief: Deadly Shadows have prompted it to delay the upcoming shooter ShellShock: Nam '67 until September of this year.

Interestingly, in the same release, Eidos comments that ShellShock is now complete for the PC, approved for the PlayStation 2, and that Xbox approval is "expected imminently." Despite the production on the game being effectively finished, Eidos feels a September release will improve sales, as summer is typically a slow season for games.

Eidos expects ShellShock to contribute to their 2005 financial year, which ends June 30, 2005. Currently the company expects to break even or report a small loss for fiscal 2004.

Shellshock: Nam '67 Gold and Delayed [June 17, 2004, 11:45 am EDT] - Viewing Comments

This Eidos Profit Warning (thanks Frans) shares Eidos' concern about their margins for this fiscal year, combining the contradictory news that ShellShock: Nam '67, their upcoming Vietnam shooter is both complete, and delayed. That's right, in spite of pronouncing "ShellShock: Nam '67, has been approved on PS2, is completed on PC and Xbox approval is expected imminently," the article goes on to warn not to expect the game's release until September, citing a soft market and a traditional summer slow season as the reasons for this unusual move:
On May 20, 2004, the Company reported that the recent and unexpected softness in the games market, particularly in the US, was negatively impacting unit sales of Hitman: Contracts even though it was charting well in Europe and the US (and continues to do so). Since that time, this market trend has not reversed and the industry is about to enter the traditionally quieter summer period for game sales. Given these circumstances, and notwithstanding that the game is now ready to release, the Board has decided to hold the release of ShellShock: Nam '67 until September so as to provide this important new franchise with a better opportunity to deliver its true potential.

heres a link wow I dont c nothing abou graphics do you heres a link to that http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=49538
wow im right you are so wrong kid :D

CampKillYourself
12th Aug 2004, 16:23
Why does everyone believe gamespot??? They didnt even have the right release date for like half a month...if anyone else comes please post this moron saying that they worked on the graphics and fixed glitches. You are a wrong and i am sooo right :D

SgtSpecht1234
15th Aug 2004, 21:13
They Didnt delay it for graphics, they delayed it cause hitman contracts sold like garbage,(to their standards, cause they predicted more sales) along with Theif Deadly shadows, Contracts is a very good game, but extremely short, and Thief (sorry to say) Just flat out dumb. Thats why they delayed it, and were afraid Shellshock would have sold the same way. BUT since they were gonna delay it, they had an extra 3-4 months to update graphics and stuff, which was a very good idea.

CKY1709
18th Aug 2004, 04:36
but thats what im saying that they did it to tweak the graphics a bit and work on glitches... thats just what im told... im glad they did work on the graphics though cause the filter they have makes the game look nasty!

ACEofSPADES87
18th Aug 2004, 16:43
The filter is still the same CKY. The made the game less choppy, that's all.

CKY1709
18th Aug 2004, 16:55
i know but i was just saying how i like the grainy look the filter gives the game

SgtSpecht1234
19th Aug 2004, 00:05
NO they didnt do it for graphics, they did it cause other games sold like garbage and they were afraid Shellshock would have done the same, and they would have lost more money on there end of the year Tally type thing, and its supposed to look grainy, because thats how the old films looked on the history chyannel and stuff, it gives it a more real look, like how it was back then

CKY1709
19th Aug 2004, 01:32
i know they didnt do if for graphics but they did work on them!

CKY1709
19th Aug 2004, 01:35
sorry i dont know what the hell happend hahah my computer flipped out, haha , i dont know why it posted that many times

SgtSpecht1234
19th Aug 2004, 01:38
yeah, they worked on them cause they had the extra 3 months to do so

CKY1709
19th Aug 2004, 02:06
i dont understand why the american version of www.shellshockgame.com isnt udated like the others.. UK and germany have Private Kowliski or what ever his name is and Germany and France have 3 more weapons than the U.S. If any moderators read this, do you know if they are even still working on the site.?

SgtSpecht1234
19th Aug 2004, 02:17
yeah, when will you guys update the site and stuff? You gotta do it soon, cause the "release date draws near" so it should be updated!!!

Jumpin_Jebus
19th Aug 2004, 16:56
Although web design is not my field, I will ask around and see what I can find for you. Stay tuned....

SgtSpecht1234
19th Aug 2004, 22:12
It should be updated, cause people are getting angry that nothing new is coming out, its like your keeping everyone in the dark on purpose and want us to suffer or something... Your like Sadists.... enjoying watching everyone suffer while everyone at eidos can play it whenever they feel like it!! just kiddin' But it should be updated so we know whats going on...

CKY1709
20th Aug 2004, 01:30
ive seen all the pin up girls
:D

AgentOrange_section8
20th Aug 2004, 03:38
DUDE! how?

CKY1709
20th Aug 2004, 03:51
http://www.gamewallpapers.com/wallpapers.php?titel=ShellShock%3A+Nam+%2767 its the first one... if you look up top it will show all of the girls

AgentOrange_section8
20th Aug 2004, 03:58
dang homieee daz mess is sweet! haha thanx man!

CKY1709
20th Aug 2004, 18:18
haha no problem man!

Jack455
20th Aug 2004, 18:37
yeah you're WELCOME CKY and AgentOrange :mad: lol jk:D

CKY1709
21st Aug 2004, 03:20
i know, thanks jack455 hahaha i was just so excited i had to share and forgot to give my reliable source's (jack455) name :( sorry

SgtSpecht1234
22nd Aug 2004, 16:28
So, does this mean that the site is updated? because its being released in.............22 days