PDA

View Full Version : Authentic uniforms and realism!

Kai-Arne
24th Jul 2004, 13:37
While watching the screens, I recognized some strange details:

1. The british musketeers aren't wearing their stovepipe- or Wellington-shako, instead something that is quite similar to a french shako! But I'm sure Pyro will fix that little mistake!

2. Hopefully I'm wrong, but on some screens it looks as if the soldiers shoot through their own camerads, standing in front of them! That is more than just a little mistake, I think!
But up to the release the game will change much from that what we see now, I think! To the better of course!

PS: Does anybody know which and how much infantry-units will be includet?

Willmore
24th Jul 2004, 18:23
Yeah, I think that was an early build, and they will add the correct textures, as well as the kneel animation.

As for the units, they are going for somewhere near 2 thousand units, whethe it is for one side or both is to be decided.

Kai-Arne
25th Jul 2004, 09:58
I've already seen kneeling animations, I think!

Kai-Arne
25th Jul 2004, 09:59
I've already seen kneeling animations, I think!

Arctic_Wolf
25th Jul 2004, 14:30
Didn't the third row fire over the shoulders of the second? That might be whats going on.

Kai-Arne
25th Jul 2004, 18:11
Originally posted by Arctic_Wolf
Didn't the third row fire over the shoulders of the second? That might be whats going on.

Oh no! There were really 2 seperate Formations, one fireing through the other!

Willmore
25th Jul 2004, 19:56
Yeah, I know what you mean, I saw that two - and they converged on the same position, so one was right on the other. I think that it will be adjusted one way or another.

Mickwnl
28th Jul 2004, 14:22
What about formation designations? Does anybody know whether the units will bear names and numbers to identify them, or will it be just the usual nameless mass where nobody can tell one unit from another?

Arctic_Wolf
29th Jul 2004, 03:25
I've looked through the trailer and I've found out whats going on, although I may be wrong as its only the tiny one (320x240)

It looks to me as if the first unit, standing, is firing and the second is coming in to fill and strengthen the line, this is probably because it's under fire and taking losses.

Mike_B
29th Jul 2004, 08:24
Originally posted by Arctic_Wolf
I've looked through the trailer and I've found out whats going on, although I may be wrong as its only the tiny one (320x240)

Have you had a look at this one (ftp://ftp.eidos.co.uk/pub/uk/imperialglory/video/imperial_trailer01_big.zip)?

75 MB of goodness @ 640x480 :D

Arctic_Wolf
29th Jul 2004, 16:14
Downloading 75MB would take me 10-12 hours and during that time my connection would probably cut out 14 times.

That is why I downloaded the small one :rolleyes:

sick
29th Jul 2004, 18:21
Now I understand you want to move to Canberra!!:p ;)
You can also download a program such as FlashGet, when you need to close down your pc you just stop the download and resume it later. It will start where you stopped.

Arctic_Wolf
29th Jul 2004, 21:39
Must get FlashGet, where get FlashGet? :p

sick
29th Jul 2004, 22:26
Here you go:
http://www.amazesoft.com/download.htm

Willmore
29th Jul 2004, 23:56
or getright, or any other of about a hundered similar programs ... but since we're on the subject, I'd like to gloat with my 3000 Kb/s connection :-)

Mickwnl
30th Jul 2004, 07:03
Let's stick to the subject here guys.

I still need to know whether the armies in IP will feature unit designation.

Johnny_H
2nd Aug 2004, 01:01
Originally posted by Kai-Arne
While watching the screens, I recognized some strange details:

1. The british musketeers aren't wearing their stovepipe- or Wellington-shako, instead something that is quite similar to a french shako! But I'm sure Pyro will fix that little mistake!

2. Hopefully I'm wrong, but on some screens it looks as if the soldiers shoot through their own camerads, standing in front of them! That is more than just a little mistake, I think!
But up to the release the game will change much from that what we see now, I think! To the better of course!

PS: Does anybody know which and how much infantry-units will be includet?

Sweet Im not crazy lol i noticed that too infact i mentioned it in my thread.

Walter
6th Aug 2004, 08:54
I didnt see anyone shoot through another ones body, but they burn their hats thats for sure!:D