PDA

View Full Version : Dead?

member_10073914
30th Jun 2012, 11:42
Is this franchise still alive...somehow?

member_10074094
30th Jun 2012, 12:26
Will its fans ever let it die?

It's a cult game... a very small fanbase... but, that small amount of fans loves this series way to much to let it die.

member_10073914
3rd Jul 2012, 08:20
My the gods forgive my due disgust with how Square Enix treats this series.
Until now, no Valkyrie Profile action figures? Just a bunch of either low-quality trading figures and an uber expensive (and rather poorly-detailed) statue.

member_10018463
7th Jul 2012, 20:19
Valkyrie Profile was such a great series. Sadly it doesn't have the merit it deserves. Great characters, great storyline and gameplay system, not to mention the mythological aspects. I wish I could play something like that one day. Gladly there was a port from the first one to the PSP, but now it's an old game and probably forgotten by many...

WorstBirthdayEver
13th Jul 2012, 18:29
Valkyrie Profile was such a great series. Sadly it doesn't have the merit it deserves. Great characters, great storyline and gameplay system, not to mention the mythological aspects. I wish I could play something like that one day. Gladly there was a port from the first one to the PSP, but now it's an old game and probably forgotten by many...

If anything, Enix (pre-Square Enix) should've went for broke when VP Lenneth was released for the PS1. Every copy sold in the U.S. and it was going for $90 on ebay (new). Now it's going for about $450 on Amazon. Things would've been a lot different.

Although it's all said and done, I just wonder why they (Enix) never responded to such positive reception and more obviously, the sales if they were trying to play it safe in the states. At least Square with VP2 delivered on the fanservice.

If the series was ever rebooted someway, I think it still has potential in the future.

Grimoire
8th Apr 2013, 02:47
Producer: New Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Romancing Saga Not Being Made Now www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-0... (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-04-06/producer/new-star-ocean-valkyrie-profile-romancing-saga-not-being-made-now)

mike_ptbr
27th Dec 2014, 03:37
How about now?

SE need to release at least release a tease of a sequel of Valkyrie Profile Series!!

Would be a good start bring Valkyrie Profile Lenneth and Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria to PC via Steam, PS4 and XOne, to get things interesting. ;)

Please SE do a sequel for this game!!