PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a Serial Blackjacker

roscoman
19th Jul 2004, 00:46
Will anyone else confess that (like me) they would love to 'Ghost' the missions but can't take the pressure of not taking out guards?

I start each mission with the intention of not touching anyone but very quickly the tension overwhelms me and I have to relieve it.

I feel much better for having admitted that I'm a yellow-bellied coward! My hat is off to the steel-nerved Ghosters out there.

P.S. - For anyone who initially found the game an unplayable diappointment after T1 & T2: do everything humanly possible with the graphics and just give it till at least the clocktower. I grew to like it far too much and it is wrecking my life now. Brilliant.

Rosco

tealsmith
19th Jul 2004, 01:10
In Deadly Shadows, I've only managed to ghost the first 4 missions and 'The Cradle'. Generally though, I NEED to blackjack people, I have an overwhelming urge. Like an itch that must be scratched. Some of those heads are just BEGGING to be blackjacked!

roscoman
19th Jul 2004, 01:15
Yeah, to be fair a lot of those guys bring it on themselves.

I Like Pie
19th Jul 2004, 02:04
I like ghosting as much as the next person but my problem is when I try to ghost past a guard 3 or 4 times and he catches me every time. it gets annoying so I just blackjack him. In the museum when i was trying to get The Eye, I was glad I blackjacked all the guards so I could run back and fourth between the two balconies to try and grab it without getting cought. That and I hate killing people and I'm not really sure how to mug people so i blackjack civvies to take their jewelry.

oh and am I the only one who loves killing the statues? they die quite dramatically, it's very fun.

Silent_Hitman47
19th Jul 2004, 03:15
I to confess that I tried to ghost every one with out knoscking anyone out. Eventually I had blackjacked 47 people before I knew it. Damnit.

MetalDragon68
19th Jul 2004, 04:07
Originally posted by Silent_Hitman47
I to confess that I tried to ghost every one with out knoscking anyone out. Eventually I had blackjacked 47 people before I knew it. Damnit.

I'm getting as bad as the statues:rolleyes:

Blackjack...blackjack....and blackjack again.....no sound...all silence...no sound! :D

uberam
19th Jul 2004, 06:50
When in a mission, I don't blackjack anyone, even if the mission is un-ghostable (like the sunken citadel). But, when I'm in the town, if an NPC even as much as say something remotely rude (like "Look as those teeth") its blackjack time, even if they have no loot on them.

3DFanatic
19th Jul 2004, 17:41
Originally posted by I Like Pie
That and I hate killing people and I'm not really sure how to mug people so i blackjack civvies to take their jewelry.
To mug someone, just stand in front of them and wave your dagger at them (don't stab them with it!) until they get scared and drop their jewelry and run away. :)

- 3DFanatic

wolfsbane
19th Jul 2004, 17:47
i know the urge, but so far i've been able to resist :)

jm

Brother52
20th Jul 2004, 12:10
Yep, the urge is a tough one to resist, some people are just asking for it. I take a pragmatic approach, I try to sneak past people but will black jack if it's proving too dificult, after all this is supposed to be fun isn't it?

I try not to kill people, and pick pocket but don't mug citizens. Monsters, undead etc. tho' are fair game. I remember in the sunken citedal level for some reason deciding I really hated the fish people and wererats so I killed em all In the Abysmal Gale I killed zombies where necessary but not all of em, kinda feel sorry for the poor unfortunates, they were human once, or is that the Shawn of the Dead influence :D