PDA

View Full Version : spoiler - Gammal's Lair & end game

Rockn-Roll
17th Jul 2004, 04:31
in Gammal's Lair there is an open book in a bookcase (not telling where so you can find it yourself) which explains why the last glyph was created. It's the only information I could find which really ties everything together. It explains why the Keepers are exposed during the end game. It really doesn't explain how Garret becomes a Keeper, in fact the only keeper to stay, or why a new Keeper order must be formed. But, it does tie everything together nicely. I actually missed this book the first time through, and came upon it kinda by accident.

I'm curious to hear if anyone else has found it.

Azal
17th Jul 2004, 08:48
I wonder what was going through the devs' heads when they decided to call a Keeper Somersault!

Lendrik
17th Jul 2004, 09:11
It's my first time through the game, and I did find that book. Cool stuff. But I'm still not sure about one thing:
what did Gamall intend to do with the Last Glyph? I don't think it's possible to destroy it, only possible to activate it. So, did she want to destroy those magical items or keep them hidden so that no-one can ever use them to activate the Last Glyph?

The_Insane
17th Jul 2004, 10:06
in the final cutscene, when garrett puts his hand on the fountain, you see a key appearing on his hand, so i think by activating the final glyph, he became the one and only keeper

Carsti
17th Jul 2004, 10:40
Originally posted by The_Insane
in the final cutscene, when garrett puts his hand on the fountain, you see a key appearing on his hand, so i think by activating the final glyph, he became the one and only keeper

Quetsion remains, how would that have worked for Gamall? She sure wouldn't want to be honourable True Keeper anyways, so what would happen to her? Aside from the regular Rule-the-World and/or Destroy-the-World (I always wonder about how to rule a completely destroyed world.)

Lendrik
17th Jul 2004, 18:03
I think she wanted the artifacts so that she could destroy them, or at least keep them hidden, so that the Last Glyph can never be activated.