PDA

View Full Version : Help Around The Factory Please? (Having Sneaked My Way Round Eventually)

Nikeon
16th Jul 2004, 23:36
Hi again everyone. :)

Yes, I've finally managed to sneak my around the factory at last. *PHEW!*

A couple of things here.

Firstly.....
On reaching Inspector Drept's room, I heard some kind of a weird noise outside it. It sounded to me, like Inspector Drept snoring, as I thought he was asleep, but when I got in there, the room was completely empty, (as in, no one in there) so I went over to the table to pick up the stuff, read the note on the table, and collected the arrows from the chest. (Were they arrows? I can't rememebr now, since I put this game down for a couple of days. Been a bit busy e.t.c)

I couldn't really work out where the noise was coming from until I reached the other rooms, and saw the Undead.
Were there 2 of them in seperate rooms?There seemed to be 1 lurking in a small room (with a metal door) dressed in red, and another one where I saw a body lying on the floor, and so as soon as I had Garrett wander over, to my surprise, it raised itself up off the floor, and started attacking Garrett. *SHEESH!*

I have a rough idea how to kill it, but I can't be too sure right now.

Secondly.......
I found the cog for the stamping machine, and have dealt with that e.t.c
but there's one thing......

What are these machines used for with the switches on them?
There was a Transport Regulator Machine, which I don't even know whether to switch it in the off or on position, and a couple of others around.

The first one was in the room on the right, from the enterance room to the Factory, (one with a patrolling Guard I managed to sneak past, by hugging the wall) but I didn't stick around to look at it closely enough because of the patrolling guard.

Please could I have some help here?
Thanks.
:) :cool:

P.S. - I had a fun time watching the guard slipping on the oil, (oil flasks at the ready) I had the giggles from that. LOL. :p
Then he stood still, as I crept up on him, and knocked him out with the Black Jack. (Great Fun! :) ) This was the guard patrolling the nearby area of Inspector Drept's room. (Unless that WAS Inspector Drept)
:cool:

uberam
17th Jul 2004, 00:43
Finally managed to get into the factory, eh? That room to the right as you first enter, the switch in there turns on the incinerator. If you flick it on, the patrolling guard would get burned up. The other switches are for lights, like the one in the storage room and the one in Drepts room. The switch on the machinery near the storage area, I'm not sure of what it does. Maybe nothing.

That one undead in red, that might be the Hammerite priest you're refering to. If it is, he is not undead. In that room should have been 1 priest, 3 undead (1 in each cell, and one in the incinerator).

Nikeon
17th Jul 2004, 16:47
Originally posted by uberam
Finally managed to get into the factory, eh?

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. :)

Yep. Finally! It was quite a challenge too, I can tell ya!
Heh heh

That room to the right as you first enter, the switch in there turns on the incinerator. If you flick it on, the patrolling guard would get burned up. The other switches are for lights, like the one in the storage room and the one in Drepts room. The switch on the machinery near the storage area, I'm not sure of what it does. Maybe nothing.

Oh, so the machines with the switches on them, (like the ones I mentioned, and not the light switches) don't really have anything to do with the stamping machine, leading up to retrieving the unstamped gear, and......

retrieving the Chalice from the cage then?

That one undead in red, that might be the Hammerite priest you're refering to. If it is, he is not undead. In that room should have been 1 priest, 3 undead (1 in each cell, and one in the incinerator).

OOPS! I wondered why I couldn't tell them apart. *shakes head*
Heh heh.

Nikeon
17th Jul 2004, 16:55
This quick question is for anyone who can help me.

In my first post, I mentioned a guard wandering around near Drept's room, (he was carrying a sceptor. I forget what their specific names are.....
Mage(s) perhaps?) and I crept up, and clubbed him over the head with the Blackjack. Was that Inspector Drept perhaps?

Thanks.

Lendrik
17th Jul 2004, 17:14
Originally posted by Nikeon
This quick question is for anyone who can help me.

In my first post, I mentioned a guard wandering around near Drept's room, (he was carrying a sceptor. I forget what their specific names are.....
Mage(s) perhaps?) and I crept up, and clubbed him over the head with the Blackjack. Was that Inspector Drept perhaps?

Thanks.
Don't think so. You'll meet the Inspector later (much later) in the game actually :cool:

Nikeon
17th Jul 2004, 19:24
Originally posted by Lendrik
Don't think so. You'll meet the Inspector later (much later) in the game actually :cool:

Hi.

Thanks. That was of better help. :)

Nikeon
17th Jul 2004, 19:29

btw - ~Uberam~

That character in red I referred to, I think it was a zombie, because I opened the cell door, (using the outer switch) and when I got close to it, it was making such weird noises, as a zombie or undead creatures do.

At least that's seems to be the case in my game.

The_Insane
17th Jul 2004, 21:00
let the priest burn the zombies, then release them :cool: :D

Nikeon
18th Jul 2004, 01:59
Originally posted by The_Insane
let the priest burn the zombies, then release them :cool: :D

Hi.

Heh heh. That sounds like an amusing idea to me, but I did this one differently.

Much later, after I had already clubbed the priest, I went to open the cell doors, (one by one) let out the undead first, then I let it see me, and follow me, as I ran into the nearby Charnel Furnace. (using the switch, I opened the door first, before letting out the undead, so that I could easily run in there without taking a bit of time for the undead to catch up, and whack me one. Same with the grate on the other side)

Then, making sure the undead was in there, I went through the grate, (crouching of course) quickly ran around to flick the switch by the door, and suddenly........

WHAAMMM!!!

One fried/frazzled undead! *wicked laugh!* :p

I did the same with the zombie too, but I found this trick a bit awkward to do, (with both of them) as it wasn't very easy I thought, and my heart kept pounding away.
Gladly though, I triumphed on this eventually.

uberam
18th Jul 2004, 03:26
Originally posted by Nikeon

That's who I thought you were refering to when you wrote 'undead in red', sorry. ;) That would have been one of the priest/mages, the guard w/ the scepter, actually I think it's a wand. I a bit of fun with that one. After he had incinerated an undead in the furnace, I crept in through the grate on the other side, grabbed the loot in there, made some noise to get him to investigate. I crept back out and while he was in the furnace, I ran to the other side and flicked the switch, voila - roasted priest. :D

Nikeon
19th Jul 2004, 17:48
Originally posted by uberam
That's who I thought you were refering to when you wrote 'undead in red', sorry. ;) That would have been one of the priest/mages, the guard w/ the scepter, actually I think it's a wand. I had a bit of fun with that one. After he had incinerated an undead in the furnace, I crept in through the grate on the other side, grabbed the loot in there, made some noise to get him to investigate. I crept back out and while he was in the furnace, I ran to the other side and flicked the switch, voila - roasted priest. :D

Hi.

Heh heh. It was probably my fault. Sorry about that.

It's just that, when I went over to the Undead in the cell, and it raised itself off the ground, (I didn't even know it was an undead at first. It looked like a dead corpse just lying there, so I was a little startled when it got up) I thought......
well this one looks completely different to the other one. The other one was wandering around in the cell, and it looked like a kind of red colour.
Eventually I just assumed it was a Zombie. (judging by the weird noise it was making)

You must have been more clever with this one. Did you sneak by the priest when letting the undead out of the cell?
I fellt quite wimpish, so I felt that I couldn't get to the cells unless the priest was either knocked out, or dead first. (which is why I fired an arrow at his head from the last room, where it was dark)

wolfsbane
19th Jul 2004, 18:03
i actually never let them out of their cell, :) was too worried about what they would do...

i also approached from the stamping machine room, so i waited for the priest to nuke the incinerator zombie, then when the prieset was turned i snuck into the incinerator to get the ring on the floor, then snuck to drept's room, i was ghosting so i couldn't let anyone or any"Thing" see me, feel me, hear me :)

jm

Nikeon
19th Jul 2004, 20:32
Hmm...... I actually only saw 2 of them. 1 Undead, and 1 Zombie. (both in their cells) Were there 3?

Unless there was an Undead wandering the nearby area where the priest was, and I just didn't see it at the time, maybe because the priest had already fried its arse off. :p

I'm sure I heard at one stage though, the priest muttering something under his breath about Undead, or Zombies. I couldn't tell what it was properly.
He wasn't close enough for me to hear it.

Ghosting? that term is relatively new to me. I've seen it being mentioned all over the boards though. I presume it has something to do with keeping yourself (or more to the point ~Garrett~) to the shadows, as much as possible, and not letting anyone see you, feel you, or even touch you.
(I think) If I'm missing something here, please feel free to explain it to me.

wolfsbane
19th Jul 2004, 21:27
this is the link to the official ghosting rules as put down by the ghost authority :) it's a good thread, but gets kind of wordy, you've got the basic gist of it though... no sight, sound, feel = ghost (there are other rules like, never leaving anything moved, only taking loot, not even letting an npc detect your presence... for example when they go into alert mode, you've been busted.)

anyway read on, its' all there

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30310

btw: this thread was back in the days of thief 1 and 2, so there will undoubtedly be some updatese proposed for thief 3.

jm