PDA

View Full Version : Surrender!

Spero
15th Jul 2004, 01:38
Surrender your message boards and all of its resources to us or you shall all taste the wrath of my super-heated plasma! Mister Wolf, prepare the dropships! We shall now proceed to rip this area of all its resources in our quest for world domination.

sick
15th Jul 2004, 10:12
Originally posted by Spero
super-heated plasma!
You shouldn't play so much Startopia.:D
Welcome to the Imperial Glory section, it's nice to see a good ol' forumer.:)

Willmore
15th Jul 2004, 17:47
SPAM !!!

Spam is a popular Monty Python sketch in which a customer tries to order a breakfast without SPAM from a menu which seemingly includes it in every item.

Waitress: (brightly) "Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it."

Customer: (exasperated) "I don't want ANY spam!"

Eventually, a group of Vikings at the cafe drown out all conversation by singing more and more loudly a song about "Spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam" till it builds to an operatic climax.

The sketch was the final sketch of the 25th show of Monty Python's Flying Circus, and was first aired December 15, 1970. Despite its shortness, the sketch achieved immense popularity.

SPAM was one of the few meats excluded from the British food rationing that began in World War II and continued for a number of years after the war and the British grew heartily tired of it, hence the sketch.

The phenomenon, some years later, of marketers drowning out discourse by flooding Usenet newsgroups and individuals' email addresses with junk advertising messages was named spamming in honour of this sketch.

sick
15th Jul 2004, 21:59
Monty Python, I love it!! The ministry of silly walks is really hilarious! Some nice stuff here: http://guardian.curtin.edu.au/cga/art/tv.html
Falwty Towers is also cool, I love that episode with the Germans (DON'T MENTION THE WAR!:D)

Willmore
16th Jul 2004, 14:32
I love the parrot sketch :-)

Arctic_Wolf
18th Jul 2004, 12:18
And now for something completely different.

"Don't say mattress!"