PDA

View Full Version : can't run thief3

The_pink_dragon
12th Jul 2004, 16:42
i've just purchased thief deadly shadows, but when i try to install it nothing happens. My pc says there's no cd in the cd-rom drive. Is this because the cd is empty, or because it's a dvd-rom (I only have a cd-rom drive, not a dvd-drive).

The_pink_dragon
12th Jul 2004, 19:39
come on, there's gotta be someone who know's this.

4W4K3
12th Jul 2004, 22:31
sounds liek ur cd-rom drive has broken. possibly clean it with a kit or something. mine died a lil' after i got the game (bad luck) and i swapped it and it works fine. there normal cd's...not dvd's lol.

Grey Mouser
12th Jul 2004, 22:48
Originally posted by The_pink_dragon
i've just purchased thief deadly shadows, but when i try to install it nothing happens. My pc says there's no cd in the cd-rom drive. Is this because the cd is empty, or because it's a dvd-rom (I only have a cd-rom drive, not a dvd-drive).

The game is released on DVD only for the UK, so if you are located there you'll need a DVD drive to install and play the UK version on.

If you are located in North America there is some other problem, as the CD version will install and run fine from most DVD drives.

The_pink_dragon
13th Jul 2004, 09:16
damn'it, I live in Denmark and i own the uk version, so i guess i'll have to invest in a DVD-rom drive.

but why the crap did they make it a dvd-rom for uk, and a cd for america?

Grey Mouser
13th Jul 2004, 18:40
Originally posted by The_pink_dragon

but why the crap did they make it a dvd-rom for uk, and a cd for america?

There are not enough DVD-drives installed on the PC's of the 'target audience' in the U.S., but there are in Europe. Or so I am told.