PDA

View Full Version : Prison?

c0y0te
12th Jul 2004, 07:56
OK- so I played through the entire game without ever seeing this 'prison' people are talking about.

IS there any point in getting 'caught' just to play the prison level? Is it worth it? Are there any goodies to be had in prison?

I ask because I'm about to go back and play the entire thing again on expert level for the hell of it.

c0y0te

Rockn-Roll
12th Jul 2004, 08:22
There's some extra loot and tools there. I think it was just an add-on that really doesn't make that much of a difference. I think the best strategy for the prison is to wait until you need that extra thousand for some extra tools, for example the Shalebridge Cradle mission.

c0y0te
12th Jul 2004, 11:51
and I'm guessing the only way in is to allow yourself to be 'caught'?

njcl
12th Jul 2004, 13:10
indeed the first time you get caught its off to prison but the next time the guards see you they will kill you

littlek
12th Jul 2004, 13:42
I thought the prison was fun....it was the surprise of going there rather than the standard "get killed, reload saved mission" mentality The same thing happened in Half-Life. Plus getting back at the warden was great.

Catman
12th Jul 2004, 14:23
You don't need to be caught. Once Garrett sees the City Watch guard and does his little speech about them, you can kill him in your favorite manner (jump off a tall building, stand in a fire), and he'll end up in prison.

Of course, as mentioned, this works only once.

smokey684
13th Jul 2004, 00:00
Originally posted by Catman
You don't need to be caught. Once Garrett sees the City Watch guard and does his little speech about them, you can kill him in your favorite manner (jump off a tall building, stand in a fire), and he'll end up in prison.

Of course, as mentioned, this works only once.

I wonder if this could be used to escape from the cradle, mansion, castle, or other non city area, before completing the mission goals there.
I'll have to replay T3 yet again to find out.

Clumsyorchid
13th Jul 2004, 00:25
You can only go to pavelock after dying in a city environment.

mystery meat
13th Jul 2004, 00:44
I did it accidentally with a (don't read this enemy type if you are not beyond the clocktower level) keeper assassin hot on my heels. A guard killed me instead and the keeper I suppose just allowed him to carry me off. It was convenient since after escaping I was in South Quarter where I needed to be

Silent_Hitman47
13th Jul 2004, 02:48
lol, nice way to escape those taffin keepers' assassins