PDA

View Full Version : crashing when i try to change my controlls

AbombBILL
2nd Jul 2004, 04:06
i cant change my controlls in thief, everytime i try it crashs on my and sometimes when i save it crashs too, if there is anything you need to know tell me please

Clumsyorchid
2nd Jul 2004, 04:38
There is a known crash issue if you have any usb control devices connected to your pc while using Thief. This could be any flight stick or USB controller. Unplugging these devices before changing your controls could eliminate the crash problem.

Post back if you are still having problems.

4W4K3
2nd Jul 2004, 14:52
could also be USB mouse, keyboard, camera, webcam...unplug any of those and possibly buy the little green and purple adapters for your keyboard and mouse. those are great cuz u gety2 extra USB slots and u wont have crash problems in thief. hope that works.

AbombBILL
2nd Jul 2004, 15:51
i cant because for some reason my mouse doesnt work with the green adapter for my mouse, and i have a headset that goes through my usb port and that has my only sound card in it. but it doesnt matter i figured out another way to change my controlls, i just goto where my controlls get saved in a folder and i changed them there

4W4K3
2nd Jul 2004, 16:15
Originally posted by AbombBILL
i cant because for some reason my mouse doesnt work with the green adapter for my mouse, and i have a headset that goes through my usb port and that has my only sound card in it. but it doesnt matter i figured out another way to change my controlls, i just goto where my controlls get saved in a folder and i changed them there

good thinking. seems in the game it doesnt like it. it does work from the file though correct?

AbombBILL
10th Jul 2004, 00:14
yes it does, if you have any trouble ask me how i did it i dont have time to type it all out now

SoundW@v3
10th Jan 2005, 02:30
Please do post you method for changing controlls.ty.:)

*EDIT: nevermind, fixed my problem.