PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Error 2002

Nangasaur
24th Aug 2013, 15:54
"The lobby server connection has encountered an error."

Is this just because the NA servers are down? I wasn't awake when the initial Early Access started, so I don't know if this is the reason for this error or not. Please advise, thank you :)

genmaruakiha
24th Aug 2013, 15:55
I got the same errors for a while; but seems to have worked itself out after loading it a few times- loading the lobby for NA/EU is not available right now till 11AM PDT

Nangasaur
24th Aug 2013, 16:20
I found a temporary solution at the other FFXIV forums: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/65781-Error-2002-Can-t-connect

Seems there's some networking problems internally, and people figured out to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) as a solution temporarily. We're using Spotflux http://www.spotflux.com/ . As the posters said, as soon as I fired it up, this network problem went away. So, SE needs to get on this and figure out why many PC users are getting this error code 2002.

Ghost-Lyracist
25th Aug 2013, 02:29
Well, here it is, August 24, 2013 (Early Access Day) at 7:25 Pacific Time and I am still getting the "Lobby Server Error 2002".
I have tried everything!! So far I have tried logging in no fewer than 100 times.
Oh good lord somebody please tell me I am not the only one still having this issue!

Woobisan
25th Aug 2013, 16:39
What does this mean? i am looking and i see the lobby server up yet i still cannot login, i opened up ports on my router and such, still no go. Are they artificially locking people out from logging in to make new characters?

DasdeThwar
25th Aug 2013, 17:39
Same thing is happening to me, not sure on what to do with the ports.

Codo22
28th Aug 2013, 06:33
This code is very interesting. I can log-in and the game loads, but my "start" button is grayed out, and roughly 10 seconds after, it gives me the code 2002, game lobby is closed. I've only noticed this on the forums once, but because I can't create a character at all, I can't post this on the forums of the actual site. SO this is my next step in my order of operations. Now my brother went to a local mcdonalds and used their (wifi) on his laptop, started up the game and was able to play! I assume this is a port forwarding issue, but I'm not the greatest at portforwarding, and using a static-ip. Can anyone help me with this problem, and would this be the cause at my home network?

Codo22
28th Aug 2013, 07:42
bump

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 07:49
You really shouldn't be 'bumping' posts as the mods don't like it. As for your issue then this is a general problem (I've had this error myself, with 2 PS3's one had port forwarding & other didn't but both had this error at some point) but setting up good port forwarding is always advisable. Just google port forwarding for FFXIV to find out some of the commonly used ports. Set you comp to a static IP and then go to your router setup and forward the relevant ports to that IP. If you need detailed guides then google is your friend and there are many sites that have detailed guides for most routers :)

persona52k
28th Aug 2013, 19:40
when i try and play the game i can login fine, but when i get to the "start,configuration,and exit menu" the start is greyed out, and about a couple seconds later i get the message telling me there was an error with the server, and the only option is to press okay and get kicked back to the login screen just to start the entire process over again. i was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, and if they have found a reason why this is happening, or they've have found a solution, or if SE is taking care of the problem

DescendGG
31st Aug 2013, 12:48
Is anyone else getting Error 2002 The Lobby Server Connection Has Encountered An Error?

Ltwingnut
31st Aug 2013, 13:29
Yes. I log in and start loading. Bang. Lobby error 2002.

Hisoka_Demon
31st Aug 2013, 16:01
Same here and it dosent seem to stop no matter what I do. error 2002

pammiechick
31st Aug 2013, 16:08
I cannot log into my game. When I press PLAY, the opening screen comes up but the start button isn't lit. If I press anything else, a black screen comes up and says Lobby server error 2002.

What does this mean?

Fearconsumer
31st Aug 2013, 16:50
i brought the game and
my account wont work and i already put in everything. Help me please

Hunter008
1st Sep 2013, 04:21
I'm playing FFXIV-ARR from JP World. For 4 hours straight today I've been trying to log back in non stop every time i tried to log in i keep on getting error 1017. Error 1017 is OK with me but whats not OK is error 2002. When it seems i am able to log back in since i can see the loading sign, after minutes of waiting error 2002 will pop up. And am back to square one again. I kept on getting error 2002 for like 10x now. I'm irritated because I can't even play the game. Cant you even do something about this? Your ruining our game mood its my off day from work and I'm excited about playing but because of your stupid restriction and limitation all this is happening. I am pretty sure am not the only one suffering from this. Fix your damn system make it healthy.

HunterXlll
1st Sep 2013, 13:33
finally got a toon on in my own area with people who speak my own language and now i have no start button, and keep geting error 2002, is there any fix i can do?

hotTACO13
2nd Sep 2013, 08:49
since the second day after buying this game I've been getting error 2002!
does anyone know how to fix this problem? D;
im on the ps3 btw.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 09:13
You can't fix the problem, I've fell victim the the 2002 error several times and last night they even changed the number (can't remember new number) but it's the same message and it boots you back to the launcher. I'm on the PS3 as well and find that the error will persist if you just keep trying to log in, so quit the game and reload the launcher. This doesn't fix the problem but I have found that a reboot can occasionally get you past this error, although you then get faced with the 'unable to load NA/EU servers' crap but it's a step closer!

hotTACO13
2nd Sep 2013, 09:21
so would the best thing to do is just wait? ;o
btw thanks for replying, for person to actually have useful information on this stupid error lol

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 09:39
It all depends on how easily frustrated you get! When I get this problem I quit to the XMB and reload the launcher. I even do a full shutdown of the PS3 which can sometimes help. I just found that constantly trying while in the launcher/game menu never got any results.

Until they fix the main log in issues you could always potentially come up against this, but once you get in then it's generally pretty stable. I was playing fine all day yesterday but when I logged out I got this error and wouldn't be able to get back in, I was going to bed however so it didn't matter but just shows it can happen randomly even though I was just logged in fine.

graewins
2nd Sep 2013, 14:41
anybody else have it as well?

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 14:45

Read the forums before you post and you'd know that people do.....

Neijma
2nd Sep 2013, 17:11
Seriously, why would I want to read the forums ? I am contributing to these by saying: there should a million posts about that 1017 + 2002 errors. Every user should post. So this forum would be as useless as it ... is. Ah wait. Ok.

Nyxa75
2nd Sep 2013, 17:22
Read the forums before you post and you'd know that people do.....

What is this read the forums idea you are posting? noone reads threads before they post, they just assume that they are the first or only one having thing issue and they don't want to waste thier typing time looking to see if there is any info out there before they add a new thread to the mes.

PoppaDoc
2nd Sep 2013, 17:41

Yes. Most people are getting this error or some other error that prevents login... Thus the temperament of most of the post in this forum. ;)

lokate
2nd Sep 2013, 18:23
en clair et sans décodeur on a achété un jeu et square enyx nous pisse dessus et vous nous faire croire qu'il pleu.....parce que pour encaisser notre argent l* il n'y pas de probléme....bravo vous avez le record du lancement de jeu merdique devant age of conan.... go facebook le dire ça leur bougeras leur gros cul parce que pour le moment il sont payé avec nos salaire notre argent qu'on leur a donné pour un truc qui marche même pas ...(avec la voix de golum du seigneur des anneaux lol) "voleur mon précieux y m'on volé monprécieux"

hotTACO13
5th Sep 2013, 03:12
en clair et sans décodeur on a achété un jeu et square enyx nous pisse dessus et vous nous faire croire qu'il pleu.....parce que pour encaisser notre argent l* il n'y pas de probléme....bravo vous avez le record du lancement de jeu merdique devant age of conan.... go facebook le dire ça leur bougeras leur gros cul parce que pour le moment il sont payé avec nos salaire notre argent qu'on leur a donné pour un truc qui marche même pas ...(avec la voix de golum du seigneur des anneaux lol) "voleur mon précieux y m'on volé monprécieux"

in English please?

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 07:26
in English please?

I'll google translate it for you ;)

lokate said:
plain and without decoder we bought a game and square enyx piss on us and make us believe that pleu ..... because to collect our money where there are no problem .... well done you have a record of launching crappy game to Age of Conan .... go facebook say it budge them their big ass because at the moment there are paid our money with our salary we gave them for something that works even ... (with the voice of the Lord of the Rings golum lol ) "my precious one thief stole me there monprécieux"

Still not quite English is it but I like the LOTR reference lmao

hotTACO13
5th Sep 2013, 16:09
lol yeah I laughed when I read the last bit

diehard29
7th Sep 2013, 01:37
at my title screen the start selection grayed out i couldnt start the game, and 10 second later the message pop up said ( the lobby server connection has encountered an error please could anyone tell me what happen? please thank you... bought the game almost a week and cant play it yet .

Ghost-Lyracist
7th Sep 2013, 22:14
Is your Internet Provider Comcast?

diehard29
8th Sep 2013, 03:58
yes, so what can i do ? please help

Ghost-Lyracist
9th Sep 2013, 19:09
It has to do with your router settings. Log into you Router and change your security settings (firewall). Let me know if that helps.

diehard29
10th Sep 2013, 01:32
i run the game on ps3 , not on pc , so how can i change security (firewall) on ps3?

Ghost-Lyracist
10th Sep 2013, 02:00
I am using the PS3 Version also.
Alright, so I am assuming you have the Xfinity all in 1 modem/router and have a computer.
1) go into the web browser on your computer and type "http://10.0.0.1" and press enter.
2) log-in with your user name (which will be "admin" ) and password. When you installed your modem/router you
should have written it down in the "quick start guide" that came with it.
3) Once your logged in click on "firewall" on the left (under "connection" ) and select "minimum Security".
Let me say that I am sure there is a better way to accomplish this but I am tech illiterate so that's how I did it.

Please let me know if that worked for you.

diehard29
11th Sep 2013, 03:56
its work thank you , but i have to do all the step to make it work , do you have any way to make it work without do all these steps...lol

Junior_2150
24th Sep 2013, 03:41
Hi,

Just bought the PC downloadable version of this game early this morning around 8:30am CST. Downloaded the game and everything seemed fine.

I ran into the issue users have had with the multiple password resets. To resolve this, I changed my password through the launcher first, then I went to my Square Enix account and changed the password on my account to the same thing I put through the launcher (minus the one time password). Everything worked fine and I thought I was ready to go...

Then I ran into error 2002. Research shows that this is a server congestion error (too many people on at one time, even though there's like 15 servers)??

Anyway, I've been trying to log on since 9am CST. Its now 10:39PM CST. Still haven't had any luck logging in at all (Grey Start Button at Load Screen). Is this really a server congestion issue? or something else? I would hate to ask for a refund so soon, especially since I would really like to try playing.

Thanks ^^

Hippy_Pickle2
24th Sep 2013, 09:04
This was a big problem the other week but after the big maintenance this is usually quite rare for most people now. I gather it keeps throwing you back to the launcher and you're just logging back in and going in circles? When I got this on my PS3 I would do a full shutdown and restart which sometimes cleared the error.

You may want to check your firewall settings etc and/or the port forwarding on your router as this can sometime throw that error out.

WolfofGray
24th Sep 2013, 23:54
This an active issue atm for many players. It is not ISP, firewall, or router related. This rests squarely upon SE's shoulders, point blank. I surmise this is an easy way to make a dog chase its own tail, but as for me I don't buy it! Getting pretty fed up with this garbage as well.

Hippy_Pickle2
25th Sep 2013, 07:37
This an active issue atm for many players.

How many of the 300,000+ active players do you know? Doing a google search on the error code doesn't bring up hardly any hits after September the 1st, this will be due to a good majority of players now not receiving this error code since the two 10hr maintenances which did resolve most of the login issues.

I didn't say that is was anyones ISP/firewall/router to blame but these are all steps to check to help minimise potential login difficulties. I myself have received a 2002 error recently and this was after my router decided to reset itself which first gave me the 90000 error, followed by the 3102 and then a 2002.

Junior_2150
25th Sep 2013, 14:00
This was a big problem the other week but after the big maintenance this is usually quite rare for most people now. I gather it keeps throwing you back to the launcher and you're just logging back in and going in circles? When I got this on my PS3 I would do a full shutdown and restart which sometimes cleared the error.

You may want to check your firewall settings etc and/or the port forwarding on your router as this can sometime throw that error out.

Hey there,

So, I a nub when it comes to port forwarding and such, so I tried this (I have a Comcast cable modem)

I went into the router webpage and proceeded to open some ports as advised by another webpage that suggested the following ports be opened for FF XIV: UDP 55296--55551; TCP 80, 8080 443, 55296-55551 (I've closed these ports since then).

For the server IP, I selected the IP address of my default gateway, as using my local IP address returns an error.

I tried this and would still constantly get the same 2002 message. Ironically, a similar issue like this has kept me from playing FF XI.

Perhaps I'm opening the wrong ports? Not sure what to do at this point. FF XIV looks amazing, now if only I can play it too ^^

Hippy_Pickle2
25th Sep 2013, 15:21
I'm not familiar with that router but it should be the IP of your PC you're forwarding the ports to, you should have assigned your PC a Static IP address within your routers range for this to work though.

Those ports you've listed are the ones I've seen and used myself.

Gno331
25th Sep 2013, 16:26
I just downloaded a week ago for my ps3 and have yet to get on. Log in is fine, but when i get to the start screen, the start button is geyed out and error 2002 pops up. Ive tried so much stuff and dont know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hippy_Pickle2
26th Sep 2013, 09:11
Hi Gno,

A lot of PS3 users stick their consoles on a DMZ in their routers. Obviously this opens all ports but so far I haven't seen any reports of problems with people doing this on the PS3. You need to assign your PS3 a static IP and then go into your router setup and assign that IP to the DMZ. You could just do basic port forwarding for the ports listed in this thread.

You could try a DMZ first to see if that is causing the 2002 error, if that doesn't work though you may have to try re-installing it (which I know is another lengthy download).

Was your download after they put the game back on the store? If you do re-download it use the link in your download list instead.

If however you try a DMZ and it doesn't work and then a re-install also doesn't work you may have to contact customer services, but hopefully it won't come to that. If the DMZ does work then you could just assign the ports for FFXIV if you don't want to keep your PS3 on a DMZ.

guado12
3rd Oct 2013, 06:11
Error2002 most likely your firewall if you have a comcast modem just set the firewall setting on low. it happen to me when i got the new modem from comast . the setting was high so i put setting low and i connect find. it very easy find just go ur rounter ip address . i think it 1.0.10. idk something like that i dont care just check your firewall it could be that

Fernitty
30th Nov 2013, 05:44
The title says it all. i have been trying to login for 2 days with no success...... Just purchased and so far havent been able to play 1 sec of the game.

:mad:

Fernitty
1st Dec 2013, 09:25
2nd day and STILL cant get past lobby msg..............:mad2:

Fernitty
2nd Dec 2013, 04:27
3rd day no login..................mabey the maintenance will fix.

Fernitty
3rd Dec 2013, 12:28
:gamer: 4 days NO LOGIN is there anyone in this forum?

Chim3ra
24th Dec 2013, 09:59
As far as i know, this usually is a blocked port problem/router problem, not necessarily an issue with the game. You should check out the forums that talk about the greyed out start button or the 2002 error, you'll most likely find more answers there. Some people have this issue fixed by disabling the firewall, others by resetting the router, or having their ports unblocked.
Hope this helps in the future,
Kim

nathoraz85
28th Jan 2014, 16:34
Sadly, I've been having this issue since after I played the game for the first time, even in beta. Unfortunately, I am not sole owner of the router that I use and can't ask to gain access to the user and password to open up the ports. I have tried everything else but Im guessing too of the alot of players trying to log in and play. Hope they find some "real" fix soon.

DapperDespot
7th May 2014, 13:38
I bought the game yesterday afternoon for the PS4. I have since been unable to play at all. I keep being informed that "The lobby server connection has encountered an error" followed by the number 2002. This occurs when I try any data center. I've tried resetting the system, the game, my router and just about everything I can think of doing. I can't contact SE support, since it seems all their **** is down. All the forum posts just say "wait it out" which to me isn't a really acceptable response. Maintenance is one thing, but a day an a half is kind of crap. At this point I wish I had just gone with Wolfenstein or Killzone. At least then I could play the game I spent my money on. Feeling kinda screwed out of 40$