PDA

View Full Version : big time bummer

j2k+1
19th Jun 2004, 22:23
i just realized from looking at this site that this game is going to be a 3rd person game. this completely baffels me as to why you would ruin the best vietnam game ever made by doing this. i was looking foreward to buying this game but now im not going to. looks like vietcong will be the best vietnam game still.

PRO ONLINE PLAY
19th Jun 2004, 23:04
no your wrong im so glad they made it 3rd person. 3rd person are the best and look the best when you can actually see your person sneaky through the jungle, rather than your hand and a gun sneaking through the jungle.

ONLINE PLAY FOR THE CONSOLES!!

p8ntballeraj
20th Jun 2004, 17:20
Just treat it like you would treat SOCOM

j2k+1
20th Jun 2004, 21:20
Originally posted by PRO ONLINE PLAY
no your wrong im so glad they made it 3rd person. 3rd person are the best and look the best when you can actually see your person sneaky through the jungle, rather than your hand and a gun sneaking through the jungle.

no your wrong..3rd person is for newbies and kids. this game had the potential of being THE UNQUESTIONABLE KING of vietnam shooters. now its basicly tombradier again. for people that dont have the situational awareness to know whats around them without haveing to see it with an external camera. you are a newbie at shooters. but its ok. I used to like 3rd person shooters. i played hitman 1 but 2 was better cause of 1st person. I was there..not just watching. im not saying it shouldnt be an option because some need it in order to survive. but they should have the option of 1st person it wouldnt be that hard to add it they are just being lazy. or trying to cut costs.

Coffin nails
21st Jun 2004, 04:30
um i like 3rd and 1st person shooters but 3rd person shooters are not cutting back on cost or anything i mean if you knew how much it took to make a good looking game that any computer can handle and to make a 3rd person game is just harder because you have to have this character on the screen all the time so you have to make really good animations for the main character or it looks like complete freakin crap just to say but i think a good 3rd person game is goin to be awsome the only really good 3rd person i have played is mafia which is by far my favorite game of all time it had an awsopme story

Jesus didnt die for my sins.............

willpump4gas
21st Jun 2004, 06:51
ne ways 1st person and 3rd person are all da same u stare at a crosshair and shoot when something cross's it and continue to fire until you know what ever u killed is a enemy or a teamate :D :p

j2k+1
22nd Jun 2004, 00:43
Originally posted by Coffin nails
um i like 3rd and 1st person shooters but 3rd person shooters are not cutting back on cost or anything i mean if you knew how much it took to make a good looking game that any computer can handle and to make a 3rd person game is just harder because you have to have this character on the screen all the time so you have to make really good animations for the main character or it looks like complete freakin crap just to say but i think a good 3rd person game is goin to be awsome the only really good 3rd person i have played is mafia which is by far my favorite game of all time it had an awsopme story/quote[]

yeah i liked mafia too but i had more fun in the driving parts than i did in the shooting parts..besides you proved my point for me when you said that it takes more time and more money to produce a good 3rd person shooter cause you see your guy all the time.. true statement. so why not just add it so you can be either 1st or 3rd. all the hard part is already done... they did it with hidden and dangerous 2 and that game had awesome graphics and details as well..you could be 1st or 3rd there why not this game too.. they arent going to sell as many copies if they make it only 3rd person. and im not just talking about me not buying it. there are alot more people that feel like i do.

Jesus didnt die for my sins.............

Coffin nails
22nd Jun 2004, 00:54
ya i understand your point but there is nothing saying it isnt like that is there

Beefypeanut
22nd Jun 2004, 02:54
Actually, it would take more time to make a 1st person mode because they owuld have to edit the weapon models for 1st person and make them more detailed as well as beef up the textures and delete the polygons you would never see, also they would have to have the different hands on the guns (American, Black, Latin, Asian, etc...). I'm not sure how they did the reload animation or changing firemode animation but if they just did a basic one in 3rd person because your not close enough to see anyways then they would have to make new animations for the 1st person mode. So it would require maybe a couple to a few more weeks of work. The amount of work it would take mostly depends on how well they made the stuff for 3rd person already.

MarshalJake
22nd Jun 2004, 14:06
Has anyone hear played Thief: DS?

That's a nice combination of 3rd person versus 1st person pts of view--where the player has the choice...

I rather enjoy being able to toggle back and forth between the views in the single player game.

But man, FPS games (1st person shooters)--from the multiplayer side--are about realism. I'm sitting here at my computer typing this, and I see my hands, and I see the keyboard. I turn my head to the left--I see a doorway and some people outside...

How gay to think that it would be "better" or "more realistic" to have a game where I'm sitting at my desk looking at the back of my head and can't even see through the perspective of my own eyes...

Real world, fast action combat, you ninnys. Real life happens in 1st person.

Jack455
22nd Jun 2004, 15:39
#1 its a game which is about pretending kinda. so while, yes, FPSs are more "real" 3rd person is just as enjoyable for alot of ppl.
#2 i don't have a number two :o