PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Love

member_10628951
7th Jul 2012, 13:31
So throughout the games Sora & Kiari have always had this flirty, love thing going on. Do you think Square will ever touch on it again? I think after saving the worlds.... twice, I think Sora deserves at the very least a single kiss from Kiari. Am I the only one in this boat? (I am on a boat!)

Lightning_Stryker
7th Jul 2012, 14:18
No you're not. Honestly, I think they are so cute together! But I wish that in KH3, they at least admit that they like each other. I think (and hope) that Square will touch on this again, but then again why would they add something like that and it have no significance? I also wish that they would give Riku a girl! xP

ShelkeNeko
7th Jul 2012, 14:21
Sora romance always had it down fall by saving the day meeting new friends and old fighting bad guys even fought with Rikku countless time even asleep while his heartless Roxas also save the day from making Xion be a tool then return back to Sora but later on team up again with Rikku ..... In the end....Yes Sora and Kiari should have a heart to heart moment n-n hehe. Or will there be another person enough to the future of Kingdom hearts. such a puzzle moment there.

tabbyanimelover
7th Jul 2012, 16:47
Sora and Kairi always had the classical fall in love type of relationship. (as proof remember in nightmare before christmas, in kingdom hearts II when sora was dancing to what he saw as kairi?) I believe that they should be together! they are adorable http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

member_10074094
7th Jul 2012, 22:56
I disagree to some extend... and not in the way you might think. while we see to little of Kairi to be as 100% sure of it as we are with Sora, Sora is not falling in love. He is already in love. He is like Peter Parker in the original spider man movies... fallen in love before he was old enough to like girls. He never talks about anything remotely sexual(and I realize this is kingdom hearts, but I mean that he does not once calling her beautiful or anything similar... he simply wants to be with the person most special to him). His actions throughout the series reflect this; even Kairi shows a deep compassion for him, though we see it less often. The story doesn't need to waste time showing the process of them falling in love, because it has already happened. And yes, I think we will see more of it in the future. I just hope that Kairi will become a stronger character, not in combat specifically, but become a motivating factor in his life by doing something other than being captured... that is pretty motivating but it is getting old...

new_tradition
10th Jul 2012, 20:13
The thing with KH is that the focus of relationships are based on friendship. I think only the Disney characters have some romantic relationships, but all the KH original characters are based on incredible friendships, and I won't lie, that really hits home with me.

I'm not denying Sora doesn't have more than friendly feelings for Kairi, but I can't see a big climatic kiss scene between them either any time soon. Admittedly, I don't think it's needed. That embrace in KH2 when they reunited was so shy and sweet (after Kairi glomped him, lol), but oh ghod, look at their faces *_*

Then again, the depth of feeling he has for Kairi isn't higher or lower than the feelings he has for other people. I mean, c'mon, it's obvious he and Riku love eachother dearly as friends. Does that mean his romantic love for Kairi means more than his friendship love for Riku, or vice versa?

Truthfully, I just see Sora as someone who can't NOT love someone. He's so damn giving ;A;

member_10074094
11th Jul 2012, 09:21
The thing with KH is that the focus of relationships are based on friendship. I think only the Disney characters have some romantic relationships, but all the KH original characters are based on incredible friendships, and I won't lie, that really hits home with me.

I'm not denying Sora doesn't have more than friendly feelings for Kairi, but I can't see a big climatic kiss scene between them either any time soon. Admittedly, I don't think it's needed. That embrace in KH2 when they reunited was so shy and sweet (after Kairi glomped him, lol), but oh ghod, look at their faces *_*

Then again, the depth of feeling he has for Kairi isn't higher or lower than the feelings he has for other people. I mean, c'mon, it's obvious he and Riku love eachother dearly as friends. Does that mean his romantic love for Kairi means more than his friendship love for Riku, or vice versa?

Truthfully, I just see Sora as someone who can't NOT love someone. He's so damn giving ;A;

kissing is a sexual thing. This is what I was referring to in my post, Sora shows more compassion and emotional devotion to Kairi than sexual attraction. And I would be happy if they kept it that way. As far as I am concerned, kissing is not equivalent to love. Sora's actions prove that he feels more for her than Riku or other characters... he gets on his knees and begs for her when Saix torments him. Namine describes her as the one most special to him.

new_tradition
11th Jul 2012, 11:09
Sora's actions prove that he feels more for her than Riku or other characters... he gets on his knees and begs for her when Saix torments him. Namine describes her as the one most special to him.

Er, I don't wanna make this a Kairi vs Riku thing because I think they're both equally important to Sora, but if Sora went on his knees just on the hope of saving Kairi, he also fell to his knees in overwhleming relief and full-out cries, desperately clasping his best friend's hand when he's finally reunited with Riku. I mean, his whole journey in KH2 in the first place was to find Riku and bring him back, right?

Lil_Nyan
11th Jul 2012, 12:09
I feel like after Kh1, a lot of the romantic feeling between kairi and sora faded, though i get KH2 was mostly about finding riku, but still, idk i just feel like it was lacking a more serious, dramatic plot, i realized this after i replayed each game several times. Kh1 seemed almost more tragic, kairi lost her heart, then riku turned to darkness, sora having to eventually realize rikus betrayal, sora gave his heart to revive kairi ect. Anyways back on topic, I feel like Kairi in KH2 was more ditzy, but i know Square Enix is now starting to really work on her character, Sora and Kairi kissing? Idk, honestly i dont think its very likely, this is a DISNEY kids game were talking about lol sometimes i forget that, they have to watch what they put in these games, Square enix itself has done kissing scneces in games, but because theyre linked with disney theyre probably holding back on a lot of stuff just cuz of the disney title.

BUT i would like to see some more romantic stuff happen in KH, I think riku deserves someone too :) Not nessicarily someone to be all mooshy gooshy around, but someone who he really wanted to protect like Sora is to Kairi.

member_10063863
21st Jul 2012, 22:45

kissing is a sexual thing. This is what I was referring to in my post, Sora shows more compassion and emotional devotion to Kairi than sexual attraction. And I would be happy if they kept it that way. As far as I am concerned, kissing is not equivalent to love. Sora's actions prove that he feels more for her than Riku or other characters... he gets on his knees and begs for her when Saix torments him. Namine describes her as the one most special to him.

Of course I agree with you, I do not see it soon in the series but I think because of that the fans have done a lot of doujinshi or fan-story

iambasho777
22nd Jul 2012, 01:58
Er, I don't wanna make this a Kairi vs Riku thing because I think they're both equally important to Sora, but if Sora went on his knees just on the hope of saving Kairi, he also fell to his knees in overwhleming relief and full-out cries, desperately clasping his best friend's hand when he's finally reunited with Riku. I mean, his whole journey in KH2 in the first place was to find Riku and bring him back, right?

He was only really concerned about Riku because up until about halfway through Kairi was safe on the islands. As soon as Sora finds out she's in danger, he completely humiliates himself without a second thought to someone he deems an enemy. Throughout the entirety of KHII Sora got nothing but cryptic hints as to if Riku was even still alive or not, and right before finding Kairi Axel pretty much says she's okay, and apologizes for kidnapping her. Also, how could you support a Soraku shipping when the game gives us this straight-up wishful fluff? :P

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeUylShTJaE&feat... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeUylShTJaE&feature=player_detailpage#t=351s)

WhitePrism
25th Jul 2012, 19:06
I disagree to some extend... and not in the way you might think. while we see to little of Kairi to be as 100% sure of it as we are with Sora, Sora is not falling in love. He is already in love. He is like Peter Parker in the original spider man movies... fallen in love before he was old enough to like girls. He never talks about anything remotely sexual(and I realize this is kingdom hearts, but I mean that he does not once calling her beautiful or anything similar... he simply wants to be with the person most special to him). His actions throughout the series reflect this; even Kairi shows a deep compassion for him, though we see it less often. The story doesn't need to waste time showing the process of them falling in love, because it has already happened. And yes, I think we will see more of it in the future. I just hope that Kairi will become a stronger character, not in combat specifically, but become a motivating factor in his life by doing something other than being captured... that is pretty motivating but it is getting old...

I agree, and I too hope Kairi helps out in some way. Apparently she's to become a keyblade user too so that should help.

member_10628951
18th Aug 2012, 23:34
See everyone keeps saying "well it's a Disney game so no kissing allowed" but I know a whole bunch of Disney movies where the heroes kiss. Sleeping Beauty? Snow White? Ariel? All kissed in their respective movies. So I don't see this as much of a problem.

I think Normura is trying to build to that moment but we haven't necessarily gotten to that moment yet in there "relationship". I think it will happen and needs to happen. It's been alluded to in almost every game and at some point needs to happen. It's not about kissing itself but the meaning and the impact of a kiss. I am sure it would get most fans of KH crying tears of joy if it happened. I don't know maybe I am just weird :p.

edward.busch.18
8th Feb 2013, 03:06

yes his love for Kairi and the reason why he couldnt wake up in 358/2 days is becuase his most important memories of Kairi was walking around as Xion.... He dueled in kingdom hearts 1 with Riku to protect her heart going full battle on Riku..... Riku seems to accept those two have a thing... he still likes her but maybe Namine will be his girlfriend?

Roxas1985
8th Feb 2013, 10:44

yes his love for Kairi and the reason why he couldnt wake up in 358/2 days is becuase his most important memories of Kairi was walking around as Xion.... He dueled in kingdom hearts 1 with Riku to protect her heart going full battle on Riku..... Riku seems to accept those two have a thing... he still likes her but maybe Namine will be his girlfriend?

Oh, now hold on! Namine is Roxas' girl! lol *Roxas pulls out two Keyblades and faces Riku in the battle for Namine's hand.* lol

Grimoire
8th Feb 2013, 12:08
(Not according to this picture: images.khinsider.com/2013%20Uploads/01/K... (http://images.khinsider.com/2013%20Uploads/01/KHHD%20COVER.jpeg))

edward.busch.18
8th Feb 2013, 18:42
Riku seems to like Namine and spent the most time with her CoM- 358/2- KH2 and he rescues her daily more then any other girl.... Roxas likes having "ice cream" with Xion....

edward.busch.18
25th Mar 2013, 05:14
Well pairings have always been a arguement with Nerd/fans... but i wanna know your reasons too ..i will start out with the basics

I know alot of people say Kairi x Sora but I honestly View Namine x Sora WAY better due to thier interactions in CoM it looked cuter ...
Kairi x Riku... I know they haven't been seen together as much but im thinking He did go all over on his own adventure for her...
Xion x Roxas .... They got "Love on the battlefeild down "
AquaxTerra... duh She was willing to give up everything and he resisted Xehanort most with her around...
...alas poor ven I dunno about him

Bobguy117
25th Mar 2013, 17:14
Shipping Thread? I guess it was inevitable.

Sora x Namine

Riku x Kairi

Roxas x Xion

Terra x Aqua

aaaand we're all out of girls.

edward.busch.18
26th Mar 2013, 08:44
YOU JUST REPEATED EVERYTHING I JUST SAID!!! ok then...lo X D

Bobguy117
26th Mar 2013, 09:30
I guess we're on the same page then!

edward.busch.18
26th Mar 2013, 09:31
Namine and Sora just looks like a good couple.....Xion and Roxas too....

new_tradition
26th Mar 2013, 18:37
Most of the pairings I'm into are boy/boy and girl/girl, so I don't know if I can have contructive discussions about them here *shrugs*

Crystal_Power
26th Mar 2013, 19:21
Most of the pairings I'm into are boy/boy and girl/girl, so I don't know if I can have contructive discussions about them here *shrugs*

You should be able to post them here, these forums should NOT tolerate Homophobia and hate agaisnt gay and lesbian.

edward.busch.18
26th Mar 2013, 22:21
yeah no why not....i just wont respond... I will make one thing clear... I do not hate gays and or Lesbians BUT not with my Kingdom hearts i want cute little riku babies and Namine babies and sora Babies running around.....of course the whole axel/roxas thing is always hinted at....duh

Bobguy117
27th Mar 2013, 00:22
Oh obviously Sora x Riku and Axel x Roxas are a thing. I'm just going by what Disney will probably allow in a game.

new_tradition
27th Mar 2013, 00:26
Alrighty then ;D

Currently I'm really into the relationship between Lea/Axel x Isa/Saix.

Putting it behind spoiler tags because of, uh, spoilers >.>

I won't lie, I just started seeing something when 358/2 Days came out, and even then it was mostly in the reports. Like the one from Axel about Saix having changed and Saix's thoughts on what Axel saw in Xion and Roxas, along with so-called plans to overthrow Xemnas together being more or less cancelled.

Then there was Birth by Sleep as their complete selves, and just being young and happier than they are as Nobodies. It's clear they're on good terms, and I can only assume they're good friends. Fickle thing with games is that single scenes are suppose to carry a larger amount of importance than reality.

Then finally the climatic reunion in DDD when we find out Saix has returned to being Isa (backtrack a bit and notice one of Lea's first thought to waking up as his whole self is Isa's whereabouts, d'awww), but it's finally clear he's there as a vessel for Xehanort (the pointed ear, gold eyes, Xehanort's cryptic words to Terra in BbS-this scene had been in the making for a loooong time, lol)

After that, there's lots of conjecture (so the following is just my opinion, 'kay?). I don't know if this is officially stated anywhere, but I assume Lea and Isa have been together for a long time (they look like they're around 14-15 in BbS, and then another 10 years pass to the Days timeline, right?). Nothing wrong with pairing people who just met, but with that much history, it's hard to ignore for me.

Not to mention Isa basically goes along with Lea more so than his own desire. I could imagine this is more so because he doesn't want Lea to go off alone, which branches from his concern, and ultimately based off of how much he cares. When they become Nobodies, for whatever reason, they came to the decision to overthrow Xemnas (not sure who else was part of this plan...), but at some point, Xemnas/Xehanort's influence starts to take hold of Saix, and Saix really comes into his role as second in command to the Organization. Coupled with Axel's blooming relationship with both Roxas and Xion, lack of communication eventually causes their falling out.

(At this point, I kind of break off into pairing Axel/Roxas and Xemnas/Saix, but I digress...)

Anyways, I sincerely hope Isa can be saved. I kind of think that Isa is being forced to be a vessel (explains why he didn't say anything to Lea when they clash, and it probably doesn't mean anything, but his mouth was shut closed, like he was forced into silence). In fact, since it appears Isa was already picked as a vessel for Xehanort back when he was a teen, he could've been dealing with that the entire time. Probably unconsciously at first, then when he became Saix, the longer he was with the organization, the more he could've known something wasn't right. Heck, Xemnas even calls Saix out on his lack of loyalty in KH2. So the guy was clearly fighting as hard as he could.

But with this context in mind, I just feel awful for him. Like Lea, he kept his memories, and despite how much he tried to embody an emotionless Nobody, he probably wasn't (case in point, his Berserker mode in battle-got a lotta of anger there for having no heart, eh?). Ultimately, Isa had NO ONE to help him. The one guy he basically gave up his safe life for dismisses him, and I wouldn't put it past him to have felt Axel's death when he was helping Sora either. So when he fell, desperately begging Kingdom Hearts for a heart, only to get it back in the worst possible way, I just...;A;

So yeah, I hope he can be saved and get some kind of happy ending. Over-all, I just want to see him and Lea get their snarky and tearful reunion that will be awkward and embaressing to watch, but will still make me smile in the end xD

Bobguy117
27th Mar 2013, 00:31
"Axel, do you know what love is?"

Illyaria
27th Mar 2013, 12:29
What in the world are you guys talking about?? Riku definitely belongs with Xion! I think Namine has the cool solo thing going on and I like kairi with sora. I don't ship it like most people. I am basically blah about it. I like Kairi as a separate identity and Sora only because I have to play him. =) His characters lack depth to me.

edward.busch.18
27th Mar 2013, 19:20
yeah xion and Riku pairing i was on the fence but they look nice together.... but Roxas and Xion seems better i dunno we need more girls and more chacter depth for the male leads

SorasSister
24th Aug 2013, 12:28
You like or don't like some couples in KH? Well post here!!!

SorasSister
24th Aug 2013, 12:30
My fav couple would be the relation between Xion and Roxas. They go really well together! My least fav would be Roxas and Namine. Nobodies don't age! Namine would be about 13 and roxas is 14 because that's how old Ventus was. BTW, Ventus is technically Roxas but a bit different.

shinakazami1
24th Aug 2013, 15:04
Hmmmm.... I don't know, maybe Xion and Roxas, I'm neutral there. I don't like SoraxKairi because.... maybe because I don't like Kairi (I won't tell, why). And if somebody don't know what was in KH2, when Sora found Kairi and when he found Riku, you won't know how there are doujinshi about this malexmale pairing XD (Please see my post, pleaaaaase http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=4280 and sorry for English, it's very bad :(

TetsuoTen
27th Aug 2013, 13:12
I'm old-school so Kairi and Sora is my fave.