PDA

View Full Version : September?!?!?!!??

omnithought
17th Jun 2004, 12:30
This just plain sucks. The game is ready to be shipped, but Eidos is going to wait until September because they feel it will sell more if released then instead of now.

Eidos, shame on you. Most companies are clamoring to get their next title out as soon as humanly possible. Many even make the mistake of releasing before the game is ready. You know the game is ready, but you wait because of greed?

Bastards! You know...if you can afford to wait to release it, that means you don't really need the money.

My respect for Eidos just dropped a great deal. Don't be greedy corporate slimeballs. Just release the game. I've been waiting for this game since I heard about it. I've been all set up to buy it this month. Then I find out you've delayed for 3 months, even though the game is ready for release now.

You suck.

Jack455
17th Jun 2004, 13:11
:mad: I second all that was said (emphasis on the bastards). I guess they don’t feel the game has been hyped up enough yet. Well let me just say if you release the game, and it’s as good as it looks it will get hyped up. I know I’m gonna tell all my friends.

Can anybody please help us poor grunts waiting for the war?

p.s. the only excuse for a delay is that the game is being continually improved or in some way made better by the designers.

Capone
17th Jun 2004, 13:14
Oh my God Eidos, what are you thinking?

Words cannot describe my hatred of you right now. I track this game for the last 2 months, read everything there is to know about it, tell my friends to look at, and they loved it. And now poor Eidos wants to ruin everyone's summer. What else are we susposed to do over the summer now??!?! THIS IS THE GAME I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO!!! THIS IS THE GAME THAT GOT ME THROUGH SCHOOL!!! AND JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK IT WILL SELL A LITTLE BETTER IN 3 MONTHS!! Trust me Eidos, it will sell fine now, what else are kids susposed to do for the next three months?

barns1
17th Jun 2004, 13:34
terrible not good at all

barbieri
17th Jun 2004, 15:15
What the fu... dammit. I was waiting for this game since I first heard about it many months ago. Now, I won't be able to buy it until December, because I leave for the Army in August. Those sons of *****es.

Zeke
17th Jun 2004, 15:23
Ah just great...:mad: Wouldn't it make more sense to release it now, when most people are you know, on vacation, especially the younger (well, not too young, you know high school/college/university types) people have just finished their schooling. To me, more people would buy and play it over the summer.

BTW, where'd you hear this news?

maniac44
17th Jun 2004, 16:03
It's well known in the gaming industry that the summer time is the worst time to release a game. Everyone is out having fun. The fall, winter and spring are a better time (kids are in schoool and tell their friends about great games).

A game's "shelf life" (the amount of time a retailer will keep the game on their shelves) is about three months. That time frame means the game will be off the selves just as the school time begins.

If you want a Viet Nam fix, but Battlefield: Viet Nam.

This also give Eidos more time to test it. You can never have enough time to test.

Private Joker
17th Jun 2004, 17:43
What??????

I reserved my copy for this game and paid for it in full, and they delay it 'till September?!?! This game was going to make my summer great. I'll hardly have time for videogames in September. Eidos, you let me down.

Beefypeanut
17th Jun 2004, 18:26
Maybe the dev team will add things to the game and make it better while they are wating for it to ship too?

Mongo
17th Jun 2004, 19:32
You'll have plenty of competition around that time of year with football gearing up and all. Dumb move, people have been waiting for a long time now and you let them down like this. Shame on you!

Capone
17th Jun 2004, 19:45
Goddamn eidos....

Jsans
17th Jun 2004, 20:26
they made a realy bad choice one other forums people say they arent going to buy it in september , they are going to get other games

stupid ****s they canciled it t omake more money now they will make less

Firefight
17th Jun 2004, 21:07
I heard they finished making the game a year or two ago and there going to hold back the release date even farther! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Private Joker
17th Jun 2004, 21:17
It's really bad timing too, since GTA: San Andreas is coming out a month later and everyone's going to more interested in that than Shellshock.

Hitman47
18th Jun 2004, 00:41
Shellshock needs the improvement. I would have bought it on my ps2. and as we all know, the xbox destroys the ps2 performance wise. there are a bunch of little things that take away from the realism too (i.e. shooting an m60 from the hip....) I am very pleased at hearing this news. more time to make this the most true to life war experience of any video game. im not sure when Call of Duty : Finest Hour comes out, but for the sake of shellshock, it better be before that. no doubt about it, there wil be a lot of competition this fall. that would be the only downside to its later release ( for the company that is ) considering that Eidos is planning to sell thierselves away ( id go w/ EA ). basically if they wanted that extra cash so bad they would have sold it now.

omnithought
18th Jun 2004, 06:04
Just to add a note:

A good game will sell regardless of the month. Think about this, Eidos:

If you release in September, you will be competing with Everquest 2, Sims 2, Brothers In Arms (early Oct.), Call of Duty: United Offensive, Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, and probably a couple others. Shellshock will end up on the back burner for many gamers.

Right now, you have no real competition. Shellshock would stand out. It's been highly anticipated. It will sell quite well. When September rolls around, sorry to say it, but other games will be on my mind.

What if Valve gets it together and releases Half Life 2 in September?

Wake up, Eidos...all you've done is piss off a lot of gamers. Think of all the people who asve up to get maybe one game a month. Right on September's heels we'll be seeing Men of Valor, another hot Vietnam title. EA will be cleaning up.

Bad, bad choice. Whoever made the decision to wait until September should go work for George Lucas.

York_Hunt
18th Jun 2004, 06:08
i dont think they care

banality
18th Jun 2004, 06:33
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock.

IrishJediX
18th Jun 2004, 14:37
Has this September push-back even been announced officially??

I ask because I see that only GameStop has the new 9/1/04 date while many other retailers (including EB Games) still show June 30.

Jack455
18th Jun 2004, 15:09
I dont wanna get any false hopes, but maybe their is still time to reverse this very unpopular choice for delay.

Com'on Eidos, please, we are askin' very nicely. I mean at the very least you could tell us you're greatly improving game play or adding more content (cuz personally i don't think 12 missions is enough). If the only reason for the delay is money:mad:... well all I'm gonna say is we've got our limits.

York_Hunt
18th Jun 2004, 16:46
aint those 12 missions long??? and yeah i still think thats not that enuff but since they delayed it to september y wont they give out a demo?

AgentOrange_section8
18th Jun 2004, 17:15
Well isnt that great...looks like some Private Pyle really screwd up this time...i was waiting so long for this GAME i was so hyped up about it because all i had been playing was Battlefield: Vietnam and i told all of my homies to check this game out and now...ITS NOT EVEN BEING RELEASED?...well thats great...just great oh yeah that dude up there asking if it was official or whatever...on www.amazon.com it says it will be released on the 29th and they have not updated the offical site talking about it so i hope it ISNT true....but yeah even if they did push the date back they better hook those graphics up chop chop....
peace,
-Justin

sandman441
18th Jun 2004, 20:06
If they have delayed the game until september just because they think it will sell more I have lost all respect for eidos. To me they used to be a good game company but it started with deus ex 2 for me that game was a little bit of a disappointment.

Can't wait for the game though:D

PRO ONLINE PLAY
18th Jun 2004, 23:32
ONLINE!!! MAKE IT ONLINE WITH ALL THAT TIME!!!!

omnithought
19th Jun 2004, 01:19
Some of you may be wondering where I got my info. It was from an artice at Gamespot. Here's the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/shellshocknam67/news_6100826.html

and here's the full text (not very long):

"Eidos today announced that it has decided to delay the release of ShellShock: Nam '67, which was scheduled to arrive in stores later this month, until September. The Guerrilla-developed title has already been approved for the PlayStation 2, is completed for the PC, and is expected to be approved for the Xbox any day. Eidos feels, however, that although the game is effectively ready for release, it might not achieve its true sales potential if it's released during what is traditionally a quiet sales period for games. "

Since this article, it's looking like they may be releasing it just a wee bit sooner: August 28.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the came is complete and ready for shipping NOW. We, the customers, are not a priority. Eidos has proven that they're just in it for the money now. If we were a priority, the game would be on the shelves within the week. Just for that I think I'll reconsider buying Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3. I was going to get them with my next check, but I think a boycott is in order, at least for me. Or....maybe I'll still play them, but on a "back up copy" (and I don't like to do that, but when companies get too greedy, I stop supporting them).

omnithought
19th Jun 2004, 01:31
Something else just occurred to me. If they truly did move the release date up to August 28 (I'm going by the date on GameSpot), that seals it that they are just after the money.

Check it out: They read the forums, get a bit of a wake up call that they'll have more competition than they'd like in Spetember. They move it to the end of August to be just ahead of the wave.

Dudes, please...stop insulting our intelligence and just release the damn thing.

I want to like you Eidos, I really do. If you just realize you're making a mistake and realease the game (since it's ready), I'm sure the gaming community would forgive you. It's easy. Just say "oops, my bad!", contact your distributors, and get it on the shelves. Most people won't even know you were going to wait until September.

But...if you wait until September...well, everyone will find out about your greedy marketing tactics. Word tends to get around rather quickly on the internet. Don't be the Wal-Mart of gaming companies. Have some integrity.

AgentOrange_section8
19th Jun 2004, 05:02
lol...this dude is great man...lol....yeah word up to this dude...this game was so hyped up lol...and now they delay the release...lol...that is a really good good move:rolleyes:

Capone
20th Jun 2004, 17:13
Do you think Eidos even reads these forumns? If they did then they could stop it, but since they put the money first, they'll never stop it.

I say everybody on these forumns boycott Eidos, tell your friends and your family to boycott Eidos. Never buy or rent anything again from Eidos or IO until they decide to give into our demands of a June or July release date. Eidos, your not going to make any money with Men of Valor out around the same time, since it is clearly the better game, the only smart thing to do is to release the game now so everybody buys it and plays it and gets completely sick of Vietnam games before Men of Valor comes out. Then you'll ***** EA, but instead, your just ******** yourself.

Capone
20th Jun 2004, 17:14
Do you think Eidos even reads these forumns? If they did then they could stop it, but since they put the money first, they'll never stop it.

I say everybody on these forumns boycott Eidos, tell your friends and your family to boycott Eidos. Never buy or rent anything again from Eidos or IO until they decide to give into our demands of a June or July release date. Eidos, your not going to make any money with Men of Valor out around the same time, since it is clearly the better game, the only smart thing to do is to release the game now so everybody buys it and plays it and gets completely sick of Vietnam games before Men of Valor comes out. Then you'll ***** EA, but instead, your just ******** yourself.

p8ntballeraj
20th Jun 2004, 17:30
Thats what me and all the other gamers in the San Juan school district are doing(Sacramento Cali.) SJSD has over 6,000 gamers and well, we all vowed not to buy this game. Edios ruined our summer, the dont care about us, the customers should be a #1 priority to a gaming company. Ive got connections into gamespot(My dad) and hes gonna have a little chat with his GS buddies and see what they can do.

j2k+1
20th Jun 2004, 21:15
Originally posted by omnithought
Just to add a note:

What if Valve gets it together and releases Half Life 2 in September?

sept 30 is the date for hl2 unless they changed it again.
but also stalker is supposed to be out in sept also. and dont forget, doom3 is getting close too. if they release this game when doom3 or hl2 is out it will drown. they better be in front of it. or behind it.

willpump4gas
21st Jun 2004, 02:50
well then again if you boycott this game... u will make wast of what looks to b a good game... what if edios comes out with another good game, but da boycotting make edios look bad and make ppl look down on it...:rolleyes: i guess lol

willpump4gas
21st Jun 2004, 03:07
NEways on my newest magazine....GameInformer..[July] it says dat it is gonna b released "June 2004" so im guessing its not gonna b delayed...cuz it to short of notice (i think) to b delayed :D

Cloaked Figure
21st Jun 2004, 13:50
Hmmmmm, Madden 2005 or Shellshock.. Son of a *****, i dont like spending more then 50$ a month on games,

OptikNerv04
21st Jun 2004, 19:50
Well I am as pissed off as anyone else here! I think that a boycott is in order.... anyone agree? If Eidos like all you are saying is only doing this out of greed than fuc* em let em dig themselves a grave. Eidos you guys have made a big mistake! And I mean a big ass MISTAKE! I have gathered around 1,300 people to BOYCOTT this game and teach you ass holes a lesson. And more and more people keep on joing in on my BOYCOTT! I love it cuz Eidos will wish they had never done this..... I promise you all here today that read this forum...... BOYCOTT is the answer and I garantee Eidos will regret what they have done! There is still time to make em change thier minds...... so lets give em a hand shall we? Everyone interested in joing up reply to this post A.S.A.P.

P.S. Eidos you could at least give out a demo!

Jack455
21st Jun 2004, 20:16
look I'm as hacked off as the next guy about what eidos is doing :mad: but .......um....... how exactly do you have 1300 people lined up to boycott Eidos with you? Im not hatin', im just askin'.

also i don't have to miss out on the games Eidos makes to boycott them. i want say how but i think you know.

willpump4gas
21st Jun 2004, 20:29
just to let you know, if u boycott u might b ruining a good game for many, and edios DID give out a demo b4... had two levels one of which was an onslot and the other a stealth based mission which you only started out with a knife...

Jack455
21st Jun 2004, 20:43
and where might this be found good sir?

OptikNerv04
21st Jun 2004, 20:46
Well for starters I got the 1,300 peeps from playing Joint Ops and Black Hawk Down through online multiplayer. Lots of people where going to buy the game and I told em about the new delay! Well if it ruins the game for others than I suggest they join in the fight! And where is this so called demo that you where talking about? Cuz it aint out now.... And if it was out a long time ago they should have left it out for others to dowload as well!

Jack455
21st Jun 2004, 20:53
and so you have 1300 exactly wow i mean how can you be so sure that one didn't decide to renig (sp?) his/her offer to boycott making your mighty number be 1299 :rolleyes:

Beefypeanut
21st Jun 2004, 21:26
I think you're on to something here Jack455...:eek:

OptikNerv04
21st Jun 2004, 22:01
Well I do not know if any have bailed out on me or not.... But I want a demo...

Coffin nails
21st Jun 2004, 23:00
ok who cares if its been delayed i mean if one stuipd little game being delayed ruins your summer you gotta lay off video games man go outside or find a girls or somthin man and if thats to intense for you you will never get enough people boycott edios i mean if they do read the forums they're laughing at you guys what kind of little kids thinks thats gonna work.......jesus you are all idiots

and i know some little kid is gonna try to retaliate and protect his honour but just save it

AgentOrange_section8
21st Jun 2004, 23:20
lol

OptikNerv04
22nd Jun 2004, 00:25
Well Cofin Nails like it or not we already have a poll set up! I live on the base with my father as he is a Marine and curently serving in Iraq. There are no girls to go lay and there are no friends to be made when living the way that I have to! So get off my as* about it!

AgentOrange_section8
22nd Jun 2004, 00:32
that is true my dads in the airforce (we are in japan though) but yeah people do have to PCS down to iraq with their families or saudi arabia

Coffin nails
22nd Jun 2004, 00:59
i get what your saying totally but 1. there are other games 2 i was also in iraq when i was on base there was more then one family in the living quarters im not saying your wrong i know what its like to live on base but just try to see if there are other kids around i even found some punks that were cool with me even tho im serving

rpgsniper
22nd Jun 2004, 01:04
This sucks :mad:

OptikNerv04
22nd Jun 2004, 01:08
Thank you orange for your support most people scoff at me and say that, that is my problem but you seem to understand so again thank you. This delay has just added more depresion to what I am already dealing with as far as never knowing if my dad is going to come back dead or alive or even in one peace.... scares the crap out of me.....

rpgsniper
22nd Jun 2004, 01:12
I dont think they pushed Shellshock back to september yet

Coffin nails
22nd Jun 2004, 01:16
that sucks having people you know in war man i know people have died but trust me just get a hobby or go find some chicks to bang thinking is the last thing you want to do just advice

rpgsniper
22nd Jun 2004, 01:21

rpgsniper
22nd Jun 2004, 01:26
We need to contact Eidos and make them change the date back to June 29th

Coffin nails
22nd Jun 2004, 01:26
what the hell does that mean^

AgentOrange_section8
22nd Jun 2004, 01:28
good point we are on a Eidos offical form they prob dont even read this and if you do contact you do you think they will actually answer you back? lets say you email them...u think they will email u back saying "oh why yes sir we shall change the date back for you" i dont think so if they did then i'd run around saying your cool and awesome and i'd send you one dollar 4 my graditude

Coffin nails
22nd Jun 2004, 01:36
besides has anyone thought that the people who worked on this game care about it they strive to bring you an excellent game but when the delay it for who knows what reason they my be fixing a problem or enhancing the game i mean if you played it and it had a major flaw in it wouldnt you be more pissed off and to try to boycott the game is bull**** these guys work hard so you can play for hours i think if you want to boycott this game you just shouldnt buy it i dont think you deserve to play

rpgsniper
22nd Jun 2004, 01:36

AgentOrange_section8
22nd Jun 2004, 01:39
yep i basically said the same thing on my other posts that they could be beefing the game up more

Coffin nails
22nd Jun 2004, 01:41
i like you agent orange maybe......a little.......to much
you ever hear of agent orange the band?

AgentOrange_section8
22nd Jun 2004, 01:42
nope im gonna try and download it right now lol

Coffin nails
22nd Jun 2004, 01:55
they are good hope you like punk if you do listen to THE PARTIASANS

AgentOrange_section8
22nd Jun 2004, 01:57
yeah b4 i hated it becuz i never listend to it but now i get to listen to it more often becuz a whole bunch of my friends are BMX'ers or Skateboarders