PDA

View Full Version : problems already?



Hitman47
16th Jun 2004, 10:36
okay. well. ive already notices a few problems in the game. one in my opinion is a very serious problem. ive watched video after video and the characters all fire from the hip. what the hell is up with that? realism? true vietnam? in the real vietnam US soldiers werent trained to fire from the hip.... ive also notcied that the death animations are very ....shall we say...uhhh whats that word...o n/m. lets just say that it looks like theyre being played next to a strobe light. they skip. personally i think these are some major flaws. 1) not realistic to shoot from the hip. 2) gameplay is definetley affected by frame rate. i hope that these errors are corrected in time. by the looks of it, i say this game is suited for a rental and thats it. but thats just my opinion. hell its 4 in the morning and in ranting about this. what a loser i am. HITMAN RULES BTW!!!!!!

jaywalker2309
16th Jun 2004, 12:57
Originally posted by Hitman47
okay. well. ive already notices a few problems in the game. one in my opinion is a very serious problem. ive watched video after video and the characters all fire from the hip. what the hell is up with that? realism? true vietnam? in the real vietnam US soldiers werent trained to fire from the hip.... ive also notcied that the death animations are very ....shall we say...uhhh whats that word...o n/m. lets just say that it looks like theyre being played next to a strobe light. they skip. personally i think these are some major flaws. 1) not realistic to shoot from the hip. 2) gameplay is definetley affected by frame rate. i hope that these errors are corrected in time. by the looks of it, i say this game is suited for a rental and thats it. but thats just my opinion. hell its 4 in the morning and in ranting about this. what a loser i am. HITMAN RULES BTW!!!!!!

Putting the game down before you've played it, and basing it off of probably very old game footage is a bit lame, even at 4am ;)

The game is very very atmospheric and you get totally pulled into it.. you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Hitman47
17th Jun 2004, 02:49
hope so.

banality
18th Jun 2004, 09:12
Ah the irony, that someone who's named after the titular character of the most unrealistic of games should be the definitive authority regarding realism.

lloydsgames
18th Jun 2004, 17:55
I haven't seen the trailers but based on the website info I'm not encouraged about the "realism" the developers are trying to create. On the website under "Base Camp" and "Weapons" you are treated to these flights of fallacy:

>>9MM PISTOL<<
Which is described as the "Standard-issue sidearm for the last Century". The picture is of the Colt .45 caliber ACP pistol which was the standard issue sidearm from WWII through Vietnam. The 9MM Beretta replaced the Colt in the 1980s, I believe.

>>ROCKET PISTOL<<
Known as the Gyrojet pistol, about 1000 were produced for use in Vietnam and it didn't fare well. Poor accuracy, misfiring, etc. Plus it was hard to load and. So it wen't the way of the Dodo and saw such infrequent use that its not very realistic to include in the game. This one was added for the fun of it.

>>M-14 RIFLE W/SCOPE<<
The picture is of the M-16A1, with no scope. The M-14 has a wooden stock and definitely did not have "30 in the clip" as the description states -- standard was/is 20. The M-16A1 depicted did not come into circulation until after the war had ended. The original M-16 (or Armalite AR-15) had the smooth handguard, not the ribbed one shown in the pic.

>>M-14 RIFLE W/SCOPE<<
Again? Yes, they look like they got this one right, except for the description "Superceded by the M-15 assault rifle as the standard-issue US firearm". Ummmm...No. The M-15 never made it into production, much less into the hands of soldiers in the field and nowhere near becoming the "standard-issue" anything.

There are a number of "COMING SOON" links that will, no doubt, reveal that the AK-47 was designed by Ho Chi Minh himself or that punji sticks were actually the VC's standard hand-to-hand combat weapon. We shall see. So far, I'm underwhelmed. It may be up to modders to fix these screw-ups and get it right.

Jack455
18th Jun 2004, 18:12
I think it'll be ok. These things should be corrected pretty soon (being that the designers have time now that the game is finished AND SHOULD BE RELEASED:mad:). I think (hope) all these things are just stupid mistakes due to the fact that they havent been spending much time on the site, OR maybe there were communication problems between the devs and the web people. I should think with all the emphasis that Guerrilla has been put on how much they researched the war and how 'real' this game is that things like this wont actually show up in the game .

Jsans
18th Jun 2004, 18:56
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lloydsgames
>>M-14 RIFLE W/SCOPE<<
The picture is of the M-16A1, with no scope. The M-14 has a wooden stock and definitely did not have "30 in the clip" as the description states -- standard was/is 20. The M-16A1 depicted did not come into circulation until after the war had ended. The original M-16 (or Armalite AR-15) had the smooth handguard, not the ribbed one shown in the pic.



the M-16A1 is in the game thats a pic of a M-16A2 which was developed avter the war

lloydsgames
18th Jun 2004, 19:01
Thanks for that. You are correct. Brain fart for me.

Hitman47
20th Jun 2004, 22:08
Originally posted by banality
Ah the irony, that someone who's named after the titular character of the most unrealistic of games should be the definitive authority regarding realism.

That may be so. But the Hitman Series doesn't claim to be the "most true to life assassination experience" does it? Whereas
that is what is supposed to make Shellshock such a great game. :p

Zeke
21st Jun 2004, 01:27
Well, the VC were a largely untrained, unprofessional group of fighters...that could account for them not aiming all the time.

Coffin nails
22nd Jun 2004, 01:11
thats not true at all i mean compared to american soldiers they didnt have the training but they had seen much much more combat then the majority of american soldiers they had been fighting the french and each other for 40 years we were only there 11 years