PDA

View Full Version : Bug in Auldale *possible spoiler*

artiebucco
14th Jun 2004, 19:28
I have posted on Ion and TTLG forums and haven't gotten a reply.

I've lowered the water level in the canal and am trying to enter the fog to enter gamall's lair.

However, I cannot move forward enough into the fog to enter the level. There's an invisible wall there or something. I can't believe I have this problem and noone else has.

Emailed Eidos technical support but no response yet.

http://members.rogers.com/gnichols/images/lair.jpg

Majnun
15th Jun 2004, 15:05
Well I have no clue what's causing it...but here's 3 weird things to try.

First try emptying your Temp files folder and Temporary Internet file folder. I just use a program called CrapCleaner (it lets you choose cookies that won't get deleted when you run it) found at www.majorgeeks.com somewhere (it's free).

Then try changing your screen resolution in the game...then trying to go through the load zone. I know it sounds stupid but bugs aren't always logical. Just try iy.

Then make a backup copy of your save folder, or just hide it somewhere (its in your My Documents Folder) and uninstall (delete everything) and reinstall the game (and put you save folder back where it was).

The first 2 things are odd, but I've had them fix seemingly unrelated bugs before. Won't hurt to try while you wait for some real advice.

artiebucco
15th Jun 2004, 19:54
This stupid forum doesn't seem to want to log me in. Solved the problem by reinstalling game.

ShaolinPadwan
30th Jun 2004, 05:00
Experiencing this in the not so secret tunnel to the museum...cant enter tunnel even when squating.

wolfsbane
4th Jul 2004, 02:07
Originally posted by ShaolinPadwan
Experiencing this in the not so secret tunnel to the museum...cant enter tunnel even when squating.

i don't know about the problem in the canal, but i know for sure that you can't enter the museum until you get the objective to enter it... .

the objective to enter it is by entering gamal's lair and finding the paw and chalice and getting the glyph that allows you to kill the stone creatures

once you've satisfied it a keeper glyph will show up on the tunnel under the museum for a mission

jm

ShaolinPadwan
4th Jul 2004, 07:44
I guess I haven't got that far yet.
Will need to find a way to lower the water in the underground tunnel to permit entry to nasty Hag lair....kinda off-beat endeavor for a thief...er, what did you say it paid again?....yeah...well good luck with like ..ALL THAT.

For underground Museum tunnel; Thanks to wolfbane for reply...will wait for keeper glyph to appear above tunnel permitting entry.

wolfsbane
4th Jul 2004, 15:47
Originally posted by ShaolinPadwan
I guess I haven't got that far yet.
Will need to find a way to lower the water in the underground tunnel to permit entry to nasty Hag lair....kinda off-beat endeavor for a thief...er, what did you say it paid again?....yeah...well good luck with like ..ALL THAT.

For underground Museum tunnel; Thanks to wolfbane for reply...will wait for keeper glyph to appear above tunnel permitting entry.

no problem, been helped out here more than once myself... if you need to know how to open the gate to lower the water...

Go to the pagan faction in auldale, in a corner of it, there is a note from the pagans leader lydia that says you can use the necklace (which is right next to the note) to lower the brambles to get into the pump house to lower the water... i was allied with them so it was cake to walk in and she even spoke to me to take it, i assume if you are not allied, then you must steal it from them.

oh and this won't appear until you've triggered the objective to find gamal's lair