PDA

View Full Version : Browser Hijacker Found

musico
13th Jun 2004, 13:28
Hi all

First post on here. Ive found a weblink for theif on some magazine sites stating:

www.thief3.com

After going to this page, I found it was a corperate search engine and a browser hijacker. Fortunately, I use Spyware, so was able to get it from the resgistry before I activated it and it spread to my IE.

Just thought Ide pass it on.

Cheers
M

Mawerick
13th Jun 2004, 13:33
Umm... no. The Thief3.com is the official TDS website, and it most definitely has NO browser hijack plugins or anything like that...

chris20202
13th Jun 2004, 13:46
Originally posted by musico
Hi all

First post on here. Ive found a weblink for theif on some magazine sites stating:

www.thief3.com

After going to this page, I found it was a corperate search engine and a browser hijacker. Fortunately, I use Spyware, so was able to get it from the resgistry before I activated it and it spread to my IE.

Just thought Ide pass it on.

Cheers
M

Ah, thanks for the info. You might also want to avoid these dangerous browser hijacker sites:

www.yahoo.com
www.google.com

They claim to be search engines, but they secretly implant software onto your hard drive. Furthermore, the software sends xrays to your brain to cause voices in your head which tell you to kill.

Trust no one!

thegrommit
13th Jun 2004, 13:50
Originally posted by Mawerick
Umm... no. The Thief3.com is the official TDS website, and it most definitely has NO browser hijack plugins or anything like that...

I suspect his problem is that he has undetected spyware that is redirecting his browser.

PokingAbout
13th Jun 2004, 14:37
Originally posted by thegrommit
I suspect his problem is that he has undetected spyware that is redirecting his browser.

thank god for spybot.

(try ad-aware i find its better)

Speesh
13th Jun 2004, 17:29
I guess I have it too then.

EDIT: I got rid of some spywares (I haven't scanned in a while) but now instead of redirecting when I go to the site my browser can't find it. It only works when I type in a hyperlink. Anyone know why it does that?

theBlackman
13th Jun 2004, 19:10
I've been hijacked three times in the last week when DLing the DEMO.

It puts trojans in Notepad EXE, and in my DAP Accelerator.

Even with Adaware, and Spybot running.

It puts the data in the Local information in the IE5 temp, and temp internet files.

A bear to get rid off. There are "dropper", Seekseek" trojans, and one other that this bugger installs.