PDA

View Full Version : How to make arrows go faster, and how do you...

colinexl
13th Jun 2004, 12:28
Hey all, 2 simple questions:

1. How do you make arrows fly faster in deadly shadows?
2. How do you make the bow draw faster, not just the intial animation, but the actually drawing of the string. I guess what I'm asking is, how do I make garret reach the full power of the arrows faster.

Thanks for any info!

TheOriginalNobody
13th Jun 2004, 12:29
1. You can't
2. You can't

colinexl
13th Jun 2004, 22:37
well that was easy

sweet_kes
14th Jun 2004, 15:45
:)

sweet_kes
14th Jun 2004, 15:47
Especially troublesome if a guard is coming after you with a sword and you're running backwards trying to shoot him with arrows. Not exactly a close quarters sort of weapon!

Dryzzt
14th Jun 2004, 15:58
Originally posted by sweet_kes
Especially troublesome if a guard is coming after you with a sword and you're running backwards trying to shoot him with arrows.

Why would you want to do that? Thief is a "first person sneaker" and you can play the whole game on expert difficulty level without ever getting injured by a guard. Should you be pursued (which can be avoided alltogether), there are flash bombs, gas bombs and oil flasks. You can also lure the pursuer into a group of enemies.

There's no need to fight, most definitely not with your bow at close quarters. ;)

colinexl
14th Jun 2004, 17:02
Yah I already beat it once sneaking around. I'm playing again so that I can kill everything :D . I want to shoot like Legolas, fire off a round pretty much every second or so if you know what I mean.

sweet_kes
14th Jun 2004, 17:16
Originally posted by Dryzzt
Why would you want to do that? Thief is a "first person sneaker" and you can play the whole game on expert difficulty level without ever getting injured by a guard. Should you be pursued (which can be avoided alltogether), there are flash bombs, gas bombs and oil flasks. You can also lure the pursuer into a group of enemies.

There's no need to fight, most definitely not with your bow at close quarters. ;)

Hee. Oh, you're a thief after my own heart! And you're absolutely right. (Although once she's played it all, a girl can go back and experiment a little here and there, eh? ;) )

I think I need to play again...I miss Garrett and the shadows already...

Heero
14th Jun 2004, 17:21
Originally posted by colinexl
Yah I already beat it once sneaking around. I'm playing again so that I can kill everything :D . I want to shoot like Legolas, fire off a round pretty much every second or so if you know what I mean. Garret isn't some hardass elf with poofy hair...
he's the scrawny mangey type of bastard who lives in the shadows... he's so sinuey and wasted looking im surprised he can even draw the bow as far as he can :)

Dryzzt
14th Jun 2004, 17:40
Originally posted by sweet_kes
I think I need to play again...I miss Garrett and the shadows already...

Yesterday, I finished Deadly Shadows for the third time. I think I'll wait a while before I have another go. At least a week, or maybe even two. ;)

Come to think of it, I could do Dark Project and Metal Age again, but I already played them last month, so this is getting a bit old... Dang, where's Thief 4? :D

colinexl
14th Jun 2004, 23:19
lol it's good to hear a lot of people enjoyed the game! I know Garrett may seem like a weakling, but tell that to the guards when there's an arrow in his throat ;) . I edited the animations so now I can fire a lot faster. But still have to wait a second or two till it gets to full power! And I think I'm gonna play the first two games, I never finished them! :eek:

Sylph_14
15th Jun 2004, 02:22
I need to track down the older games. I played Thief 2 a bit when I was younger, but I was never any good at PC games back then ;) Tracking down the first one however, may prove to be difficult :mad:

Majnun
15th Jun 2004, 03:26
I just bought Thief Gold used through the amazon marketplace for $8.95. And it looks like they still have it for $9.49.

Here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00002CF94/qid=1087269811/sr=-1/ref=sr__1_etk-software/102-1851555-6221737?v=glance&s=videogames&n=229534

If that doesn't work just search for Thief on amazon.com and choose the one ya want. Click on the "used and new" link. Amazon marketplace is a fine place to get older games cheap.

Only one place selling it cheap there now...the rest are $30+. Might wanna click fast. :)

shoppa
15th Jun 2004, 14:29
check EB games if you have them near you, the one near me has T1 and T2 for 9.99 in unopened boxes.
Or you could always order off the net.
9.99$ each

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/172364.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/176296.asp

asmodian
15th Jun 2004, 14:38
was thief gold diffrent from thief 1 at all since we are on the subject?

Gothik
15th Jun 2004, 14:54
Thief Gold differences to Thief 1
-4 Extra Levels (Three playable through game, one "hidden")
-Some of the original levels slighly changed
-Each Talisman found in its own level (rather than a just a couple of levels)
-Bugs fixed/tweaks made
-Extra creatures added

I think those were the main differences - the general opinion seems to be that Thief Gold is the game the Thief 1 was meant to be if the developers had time to finish it properly first time around.

colinexl
15th Jun 2004, 21:49
I will definitely be buying those two games and playing them over the summer. They are just classics that all Thief fan's should have!