PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Happens in lock pick mode!

archer101
13th Jun 2004, 06:21
I am just going through the Training mission and when I get to the locked door I go into lock pick mode but nothing happens his right hand is constantly moving reguardless of what I do but the lock pick indicator never moves in the right lower hand corner WTF how do I get this thing to work?

LongVin
13th Jun 2004, 06:27
you have to move the mouse(or analog stick on Xbox) around until you find the sweetspot then hold it there till it clicks then do the same for the next tumbler till the entire lock is picked.

Speesh
13th Jun 2004, 17:40
You can also click left mouse so you don't have to hold it there.

bravus
13th Jun 2004, 19:29
Check out this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39901) for *painfully* detailed lock-picking instructions!

Acronomic
13th Jun 2004, 21:50
It's actually incredible simple once you get used to it. Certainly easier than in real life.

(did I just say that?)

Just try out w, s, a or d, and click when you hear the rattling. ;)

archer101
14th Jun 2004, 07:56
What I don't think I am getting across to those who are trying their best to help me in my time of need is this.

1. The lockpick down in the right corner doesn't move not matter how I turn my mouse every thread I have read said that the lockpick will move around the tumblers until it starts to rattle and move but the lock pick do not move for me am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch in my game?

Laffingtaffer
14th Jun 2004, 08:04
Are u saying its not moving at all?

make sure the indicator pin is stretched out as far as it can go (roll the mouse out from the middle) and hold down the left mouse key at the same time.

archer101
14th Jun 2004, 08:17
The W,A,S,D, worked for moving the lock pick but the mouse does absolutley nothing but the keys got throught the training mission finally, Thank you to all those who helped me.