PDA

View Full Version : Thief 3 on Xbox - Beeping instead of music

johnjohnson
12th Jun 2004, 11:41
I have a us-xbox dated september 2001 and today i got my copy of Thief 3. Everything seems to work fine. everything except the music. As soon as the title screen appers there are beeping noises. This noises can only be removed by setting the music volume in the options to 0.

Sadly the same thing happens in game... if the music volume is not set to 0 i hear this annoying beeping noise.

I could live with that, but playing with the music volume set to 0 seems to deactivate other sound effects too! And this cuts a lot of atmosphere.

Is this a known problem, hopefully with a known solution? Does the dvd have a production error or doesn't Thief 3 work correctly with first generation xboxes?

The last games I bought were Breakdown and Ninja Gaiden. Both work perfectly.

Thatguy
12th Jun 2004, 12:14
That'll teach you for getting a console! good luck finding a patch muhahaa

johnjohnson
12th Jun 2004, 12:16
Thank you very much for this helpful answer. :rolleyes:

bryanhickman7777
12th Jun 2004, 12:45
Probably because you have pal (UK) version of the game and the NTSC (USA) Xbox...try gettin the uk demo of thief and playin it...see wot appens.

johnjohnson
12th Jun 2004, 13:11
No, I have the US (canadian) version of Thief 3 running on a US Xbox. I tried the game on my pal xbox too, but it's regional locked.

[JpC]Shadow
12th Jun 2004, 20:58
Rent the same game from blockbuster and see if the same problem happens, if so it might be your xbox. However it would not matter which xbox version you had anyways.