PDA

View Full Version : How much gold did you have at the end?

chris20202
12th Jun 2004, 10:40
By the end of the game, I had 35,800 gold. If I hadn't spent 1500 on the museum map, it would have been more.

Freeloader
12th Jun 2004, 10:56
yeah, i had about 25,000 after playing on expert, made sure to keep my resources fully stocked :P (though rarely used them, hmm)

btw, where do you buy the map from?

Tricky_Thief
12th Jun 2004, 12:16
Ahahahhah guys u had really a large sum of money but how did u get it?
Havent u bought items??
I've finished with only 15 000 gold.And every mission i acquired at least 75-80% of the gold(but perhaps u've acquired 100%:) ) and my inventory was always full of items.:)

Lake
12th Jun 2004, 13:19
One my first play through, I only bought the climbing gloves. Do not need to buy any other equipment if I do need it. :)

koorby
12th Jun 2004, 15:03
I ended with about 1500 gold. I never went higher than 9000 gold throughout the game.

u5ndh
12th Jun 2004, 15:56
I guess how much you end up with depends on your style of play.

If you use alot of water arrows to take out all the lights then you'll spend more. If you don't and only put out the candles then you'll end up with more.

The same goes for killing people arrows or just blackjacking them.

Neil

DEVASTATOR
12th Jun 2004, 16:06
I finished with almost exactly 25,000 in cash. Playing on expert will help get you that high since you'll need to get 90% of all the loot in every mission. I had 100% in 2 missions and 98% in a thrid one so it adds up fast. And, as someone pointed out, if you conserve your gear and use it only when necessary you'll find you'll always have plenty of cash on hand.

chris20202
12th Jun 2004, 18:53
I got 35,800 because I always got above 90% loot on all missions, and I practically never bought anything, except the climbing gloves. Probably the only other thing I ever bought were water arrows, and not all that many of those either. A couple after each mission.

Kaspre
12th Jun 2004, 19:26
Hmmm, I wonder if you can play through the game without the climbing gloves? That would end up adding to your loot count at the end...

The only places I can think of where you absolutely *needed* the gloves could possibly be gotten around if the materials are available for box-stacking. I could be wrong though. Has anyone given this a try?

Ferett
12th Jun 2004, 20:01
You can just mug people all day long and get quite a bit (remember, the city uses an open style of play with respawning guards/citizens etc).

tootired
12th Jun 2004, 20:44
Originally posted by Kaspre
Hmmm, I wonder if you can play through the game without the climbing gloves? That would end up adding to your loot count at the end...

The only places I can think of where you absolutely *needed* the gloves could possibly be gotten around if the materials are available for box-stacking. I could be wrong though. Has anyone given this a try?

I've tried (see thread on "Stacking"). This engine is so stupid about it. I mean if you pick up a barrel and throw it, it might land on it's side or it's top or whatever. But if you pick it up and set it down gently it should land on it's bottom. NOPE! Everything except small crates land on their sides. Pick up a candel stick and you can't set it down on it's base?

And who is it that cleans up Garrett's apartment everyday?! I go in there and throw things around and knock things over trying to stack stuff and the next day it's all put back nice and neat and I have to start over from scratch.

Another thing is when the stack gets higher than about 12' the base goes out from under and the whole thing crashes down. I pushed 4 big crates and two barrels against the bottom of a stack in a corner and the pressure from the stack moves all that weight back and Crash! What this game needs is great bug like key climbing.

Oh by the way (just to be on subject) I finished the first time with like 28,000. Main things I bought were gas bombs and flash bombs (I use ALOT of flash bombs against undead). What about those practice locks? Did any one buy those? Why?

Mr. ItchY
12th Jun 2004, 22:50
The game can't be completed without the gloves as far as I know.

When you are accused of Caduca's murder, then besides all those enforcers roaming in the town all the glyphs aren't working. And after the graveyard rendesvous you are to get to the library. There ain't any other way how to do this that climbing in the window above the glyph doorway.

=ItchY=

Kaspre
12th Jun 2004, 23:00
Yeah, Itchy, I was thinking of that location. I haven't been there recently, but I was thinking it wasn't that high, and since its in a city map there should be enough detritus laying about for a decent pyramid.

However, if tootired is correct (and I have no reason to believe otherwise) then the game engine simply doesn't allow that approach. Its these little details that irritate me, and it is why I claim that T1 & T2 were actually better games than T3. Don't mistake me, I love T3 and hope to get another couple of replays from it. However, in spite of the nifty physics/light/sound engine the game provides, as a player you are actually *less able* to manipulate and explore the environment around you.

Ack, gotta run. :D Cheers!

eXz
21st Jun 2004, 22:44
I ended up with 33625 in loot when I finished the game.
I only bought a couple of waterarrows through the whole game.
Now, I will play it again and KILL everything. :D
I'm gonna mess everything up, destroy and kill.
Humiliate all the dead corpses and stuff like that.
No, i'm not a psycho. ;)

__

KiCKASS THiEF 3 SCREENSHOTS:
www.thief3screens.da.ru

u5ndh
21st Jun 2004, 22:56
i Had around 15,000 left over but as i was only playing it on normal and only needed 40% of the loot thats all i was aiming for. I spent around 5k aswell as i needed to get some more arrows at some point. I could have made more money by finding alot more loot and picking up alot more of the free arrows when i saw them.

Neil

BurnedToast
22nd Jun 2004, 06:25
I played on expert, finished with some 20k gold, around 9k of loot I never bothered to sell and full equipment.

I also bought all the practice locks. why? why not. it was obvious even early on i would have no trouble with money. even with the insane prices (100g for a broadhead arrow? with fancy rings being worth like 75g garrett should just become a fletcher!) there is way too much loot and too little to spend it on, not to mention you dont really need any of the stuff anyway.

entropyltd
11th Jul 2004, 22:59
I ended up with 144,700 in loot and cash total. I never bought a thing aside from the gloves. The loot system is very buggy, it seems.

njcl
12th Jul 2004, 00:11
man i had 5,000 after just 2 missions.lol.im a miser.......:cool:

uberam
12th Jul 2004, 05:16
Originally posted by entropyltd
I ended up with 144,700 in loot and cash total. I never bought a thing aside from the gloves. The loot system is very buggy, it seems.

:eek: That's a lot of shei├če! What did you do? Lurk around whacking folks for loot?

That's what I'm trying to do in the city, I go back and forth between stone market and south quarter, sometimes old quarter. So far I've got about 44k g.

entropyltd
12th Jul 2004, 08:02
Here's a pic at Heartless Perry's:

http://www.chaoscafe.com/thief3_score.jpg

There is a finite amount of lurking you can do; or else it reaches a point of diminishing returns [e.g. knock out 20 more people for another purse...].