PDA

View Full Version : Play TDS via an XGA projector

Saudi_Garrett
12th Jun 2004, 07:28
I was wondering if it would be possible to play thief via XGA projector that supports resolution of 1024x768 and more?

Tricky_Thief
12th Jun 2004, 12:22
Of course u can.....I've seen many people playing games in this way....but i dont know exactly how it works.
I think u have to try connecting ur video adapter to the projector.

ViperTCR
12th Jun 2004, 12:52
Normally every projector has an vga input so it's just like using a monitor. You only have to connect the your vga-card to the vga-input of the projector an maybe setting the projector to using the vga input as acutal input.

Some projectors as the one I sometimes use even has a DVI-input.

ViperTCR

Saudi_Garrett
13th Jun 2004, 04:27
what if the projector dose not have a DVI input? would it still be working on the vga input? Is there any difference between the two ports?

ViperTCR
13th Jun 2004, 10:00
It's no problem at all if the projector doesn't have a DVI input. You can use the VGA input the same way as if you were using a normal pc monitor.

DVI provides slightly better quality because the signal works digital. But you need a graphics card that has a DVI output, of course (almost every card in radeon 9600 class or up does have one - except some low budget models. don't no about nvidia but normally they have one, too.).
I myself run my TFT over DVI. Though I ran it over VGA just till february I cannot see such a better picture. But some tweaks are made automatically by the TFT when using DVI.

Long speech, short sense: if it has a VGA input you can run any PC / Laptop on it. You might have to turn the Resolution down to 1024x768 if you normally use a higher one (i.e. when using most 17" TFT's or bigger).
You can switch a projector to any input it has just in it's own menu so if you can connect your graphics card with any of the projector's inputs it would work without any problems (in my experience - i've just worked with about 5 projector's yet).

ViperTCR

Oneofthe8devilz
20th Jul 2004, 21:43
I am playing TDS over a Projector/Beamer and all I can say is WOW......

For other users that want to enjoy that game on a big screen: Make sure to adjust the beamer's contrast settings so you squeeze the last bit of quality out of the game.....

I got a DLP beamer (which have a nice contrast by default)