PDA

View Full Version : A twist on not killing anyone...

Guineapiggy
11th Jun 2004, 23:21
Does it count if you kill someone by accident? I erm... well it all began in the Hammerite church, I had just gotten in to the factory when I found a lever on the wall. With a huge surge of 'OOOOOH! What does *this* lever do?' taking over, I pulled it. A few moments later I hear cries as a Hammerite drops dead... I hadn't noticed the flames as I had crept out of the room straight away...

Killing someone by accident was a first for me, but it didn't stop there... ooooh no.

I had attracted some unwanted attention visiting the moss arrow shop and was hidden in some shadows from some guards. I picked up a barrel to use as a distraction, why waste valuable noisemakers? I hurled the barrel in no particular direction... and, taking me totally by surprise, seemed to explode on impact with a civilian. Notch a second accidental kill up...

A few minutes later, I discovered the thief who had pretended to be Garrett whilst hiding in some shadows. Overhearing him say 'The real Garrett would have found it by now, I was overcome with curiosity and went inside. I crept inside the room and hid under the shelves... the best I can tell from what happened next, is that someone who had been following me encountered this guy and the would be Garrett killed him. Erm... bad day?

Finally, and most stunning of all for me, in the pagan sanctuary after the paw, I crept on the boards above the people fighting. Now we all know what this big gear can do, right? Most of us do. Some of us weren't paying attention and just heard something about a big gear. Instinctively I crept over and... yes, you've guessed it, *splat*.

I'm not sure if this would ever happen to Garrett, or if it's possible to shout 'Sorry!' from the shadows withouit being found but I've never had such a spectacular series of accidents as this in any Thief game...

Astalder
11th Jun 2004, 23:33
Lol.

NitroX
12th Jun 2004, 05:49
That has to be the funniest story i have ever seen on these forums! You truly are blessed

mardi
12th Jun 2004, 06:22
Originally posted by Guineapiggy
A few minutes later, I discovered the thief who had pretended to be Garrett whilst hiding in some shadows. Overhearing him say 'The real Garrett would have found it by now, I was overcome with curiosity and went inside. I crept inside the room and hid under the shelves... the best I can tell from what happened next, is that someone who had been following me encountered this guy and the would be Garrett killed him. Erm... bad day?

This guy went psycho on me for awhile. I went into the shop, ghosted him and stole everything. On my way out he saw me and chased me out into the street so I hid and he started slaughtering everyone in sight. I must've watched him kill 10 people. It was really funny. He was finally taken down by 2 guards so I reloaded but couldn't get him to do it again.

HOC
12th Jun 2004, 06:32
oh man, this was some funny read. if there's gonna be a movie based on thief, then it had better be a spoof starring leslie nielson. i can just imagine his befuddled stare into the camera after each one of these antics occurs.

Lake
12th Jun 2004, 13:52
Remind me not to sit next to you.