PDA

View Full Version : sikest unexpected level

EnterTheLlama
11th Jun 2004, 00:10
i dont know about anyone else but i find the prison sub level or whatever to be the one of sweetest levels for some reason, maybe its satisfaction of getting out of the prison cell after 30 mins of lookin around.

im posting cuz from what i read, most people here are super theives and reload the second they are spotted, so it would be nice for u guys to know.

to get to it u gotta die in The City apparently since i found out about this after being too lazy to reload myself and getting rocked up by two guards

the super theif ppl may like it too cuz its interesting what u have to work with

tealsmith
11th Jun 2004, 00:14
I quite enjoyed the prison level myself. I let out all the fellow pirsoners so they'd distract the guards while I made my escape. Even turned out a bit profitable, as I got some goodies on the way back up to the surface.

koorby
11th Jun 2004, 02:04
Yeah I found it accidently too.

I opened the grate on the ground in Auldale Park and jumped in.
Turns out it's just a trap. The first thing I heard was "GOT HIM!" Of course, that's not what the voice actually says, but that's what it sounded like the first time.

I thought it was pretty neat.
In the prison, there's a cell that leads down with a prisoner inside. There's a lever to open up the top of the cell and a tray of fire hanging above the opening.
I assumed I could toss Oil into the cell and drop the tray of fire down somehow, but couldn't figure it out.

GHOSTNOTES
11th Jun 2004, 02:20
I found it the same way by opening the trap i played around in there for a while i set everyone free and would get their attention then hide in the vent or what ever it was for about a half an hour.....i wonder if there is any more like this through out this game .
Any ways i could use some help im stuck at the tap root and i can't figure out where or how to get the blood to release the claw the rest were obvious but i just can't figure out the blood.

Clumsyorchid
11th Jun 2004, 02:22
For blood you'll need to either take a body to the altar or, preferably, blackjack an unsuspecting pagan and drop them on the altar. Apply daggar liberally and yer done :)

koorby
11th Jun 2004, 02:31
Originally posted by Clumsyorchid
For blood you'll need to either take a body to the altar or, preferably, blackjack an unsuspecting pagan and drop them on the altar. Apply daggar liberally and yer done :)

Worthy to mention that you don't try to get the blood on the Blood symbol. But rather place the body right underneath the tree, and above the symbols. Then slash away and yer done.

The body is already supplied in the cave. He's been pre-killed, just for that task.
(And the monster can be killed with arrows to the head. Wish somebody had told me that earlier, thought he was invincible.)

Clumsyorchid
11th Jun 2004, 02:59
Bah, not invincible, a few fire arrows will drop him.

herechickychicky
11th Jun 2004, 04:07
I placed one of those mines in his path when he was at the other end and when he came back KAAAABOOOOOOM! Monster parts everywhere.

Mawerick
11th Jun 2004, 06:28
Originally posted by herechickychicky
I placed one of those mines in his path when he was at the other end and when he came back KAAAABOOOOOOM! Monster parts everywhere.

Lol. exactly what I did :D

Cruo
11th Jun 2004, 07:23
Originally posted by Mawerick

Originally posted by herechickychicky

Lol. exactly what I did :D

And I thought I was the only one :(

TheBoss
11th Jun 2004, 08:16
Good to see others using my old stragety also :p

Techtite
11th Jun 2004, 08:31
One alternate approach:

For diehard fans of the "You're an expert in stealth/kill no humans" rule that is so grossly lacking in Thief DS: use a noisemaker arrow, while hiding, preferably, right at the entranceway to the tree cave. Aim it so it hits right where the blood must go; just above the symbols, beneath the tree (this may take two or three tries). When the patrolling creature gets up there to investigate, you have two options. Peg him with a broadhead arrow and the little blood that results will be enough for the tree to accept the "gift" (side effect; one very peeved creature on your tail!). Better still; use a gas bomb or arrow, if you have one, and if the creature's body falls to the appropriate location, that will appease the tree as well.

That's how I solved the puzzle, anyway...

Dolyn123
11th Jun 2004, 17:24
Originally posted by koorby
Yeah I found it accidently too.

I opened the grate on the ground in Auldale Park and jumped in.
Turns out it's just a trap. The first thing I heard was "GOT HIM!" Of course, that's not what the voice actually says, but that's what it sounded like the first time.

I don't believe the Audale Parke grate is a trap. It's another enterance/exit to the canal. If the water is still high, you die on contact, like falling of the pier at the Docks (I guess no one knows how to swim). It sounds like you got the standard "Trip to the Jail" cut scene whenever you first die on a street level.

Azal
12th Jun 2004, 15:07
Originally posted by koorby
In the prison, there's a cell that leads down with a prisoner inside. There's a lever to open up the top of the cell and a tray of fire hanging above the opening.
I assumed I could toss Oil into the cell and drop the tray of fire down somehow, but couldn't figure it out.

I had heaps of fun with these cells. If you get a guard to follow you and pull the lever just as he runs onto the sliding cell door, he will fall into the cell and be unable to get out.

I trapped every guard in the mission (except for the archer) in one of those cells just for the fun of it. It was getting pretty crowded.

I would like to see them explain how that happened to the next shift :D