PDA

View Full Version : Stacking

tootired
10th Jun 2004, 17:30
Anybody having any luck stacking items to climb to otherwise unreachable areas?

Short answer -- "Uh-uh" :)

I'm playing though again and don't have the climbing gloves yet but I wanted one of the gas arrows in Stonemarket. I gathered up every barrel and dumped them in a big pile and if I could get just one more on top of the stack I could get the arrow. Course you have to stand 15' back and chuck the barrel way up in the air. Then the whole pile comes down :(

Two funny things have happened. Once I got trapped inside the wall (that's happened before) BUT once I got an effect like NPC jumping in the dark engine. I was on the pile and jumping and twisting trying to drop that last barrel when all of a sudden I was rocketed up and could see the whole map below me. I wish to God I had taken a screen shot! Then I wouldn't say nothing about how I did it, I'd just post the shot and say, "I got up HERE you taffers! You try!" Of course I died a miserable death when I hit the ground but that didn't stop me from spending the next hour trying to do it again.

padillah
10th Jun 2004, 17:33
I know you don't have the best control but try stacking them like stairs.

Put down a box, then put one NEXT to it, then climb on top and put a box on top of the first one, and so forth. Then you can stack them and don't have to throw them.

Hey, it MIGHT work,
padillaH

Speesh
10th Jun 2004, 17:37
I also piled up items I think in stonemarket and old quarter. Although I have never been shot up into the air, stacking items did work as for getting to previously unreacable areas. The wheelbarrow in Auldale is also a good way (when it is flipped onto it's back) to get a little height.