PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of Lighting?

member_10770952
27th Jun 2012, 17:54
is she cool? does she drool? does she rock or not? ? you decide. i would apreciate it.

member_10829610
27th Jun 2012, 18:24
She definitely rocks harder than the whole FFXIII character cast imo.

DerekMaverick
27th Jun 2012, 20:46
I don't think there has ever been a character in a video game that is more amazing than Lightning Farron. She was amazing and was on a calibur of character development/design I have never seen. So I think she's cool and she does definitly rock.

member_10614538
27th Jun 2012, 21:54
She is an awsome brave women and I respect her. Don't under estamate her when it comes to fighting, but she is nice and kind like an angel, and my she is my sister, just kidding XD. I wish she was in real life... oh well -_-' , but she is beautiful and has a fine body so does Serah not being perverted and all...sorry going back to the subject, yes she does rock!! XD

member_10628951
27th Jun 2012, 22:24
I don't think there has ever been a character in a video game that is more amazing than Lightning Farron. She was amazing and was on a calibur of character development/design I have never seen. So I think she's cool and she does definitly rock.

Really? I thought she had very little depth and very little character development. Most Final Fantasy games explain why certain characters act the way they do. There was more range with every other character in XIII than Lightning. Most bland character I have ever played as. She is actually one of the reasons I didn't enjoy XIII. I enjoyed XIII-2 more because she wasn't in it as much.

I know I will be the minority on these forums but the general consensus of the Final Fantasy fans will say that they did not like her character.

member_10074094
27th Jun 2012, 23:50
I thought she was cool in Dissida but didn't like her much in ff13... she was cold for no reason, but then she gave that up and things seemed to get worse... she was just as whiney as the rest of them at that point

member_10829610
28th Jun 2012, 06:50
I agree on her personality. I think she had a somewhat militant attitude throughout almost half the story, since she was a soldier and all.

Lightning_Stryker
28th Jun 2012, 11:43
I think she's amazing! xD I love her personality because she'salways determined and I actually really loved how cold she was because It made her feel like a stronger character. I loved her fighting style, her personality, and her outfits haha. So yeah Lightning Farron is an amazing character in my eyes.

MagiusNecros
28th Jun 2012, 17:05
I think she is a flat and boring character.

hmzfier
28th Jun 2012, 18:15
I like how she has a fiery personality, and is the type to act quickly and make decisions on the fly.

And she has pink hair :P

member_10706344
28th Jun 2012, 18:30

Cant agree more. Ive played all Final Fantasy games up to XIII-2, and she's by far the best character of then. No Cloud, Squall, Galuf, Auron or Edgar can surpass her, they are not even close.

Hala
28th Jun 2012, 18:32
She is cool but doesn't have a worthy appointment to deepen her personality ,so she is not the coolest.

Sand_Man
28th Jun 2012, 19:29

I agree. The best thing about the FF13 series was lightnig herself. Without her, what is FF13? I don't Know. In 13-2 they even saver her DLC story for last and its the largest (file wise)

Pros:

Character Design is number one. Lets be real, Lightning has as much sex appeal as any femal FF character

Shes unique. One of the more notable strawberry blonds I've seen since Mimi from Digimon LOL

We all know the protagonists weapon is a key aspect of the character. Cloud with his big @$$ sword (Overcompensate much lol), Squall with the smith & wesson Gunblade, Zidane with twin daggers (meh), and Lightnig with the humongous Leatherman lol.

Cons:

Who the hell taught that girl how to fight!!!! I've seen Advent Children and as much as I like FF7, 8 and 9 Lightning will dance graceful circles around any of those characters then hit them with Army of One lol. Cloud is a Maco/Genetically enhanced test-tube baby, Squall was raised as a mercenary for hire by an elite military organization for most of his life and Zidane is half monkey, meaning extra agility and strength normal humans dont have.

As far far as i can tell, getting "Branded" only gave her the ability to summon and use magic. I would accept this as a pro also if only it ware fleshed out better.

member_10706344
29th Jun 2012, 19:42
Well she becomes a soldier when she's still very young. Since then, trained whith the anti-gravity tecnology, and despite being part of the guardian corps of Bodhum, one of the most weaks groups of the Sanctum, she make her way to a promotion quite quickly and go on missions in dangerous areas like the Vile Peaks.

Sand_Man
29th Jun 2012, 20:11
Well she becomes a soldier when she's still very young. Since then, trained whith the anti-gravity tecnology, and despite being part of the guardian corps of Bodhum, one of the most weaks groups of the Sanctum, she make her way to a promotion quite quickly and go on missions in dangerous areas like the Vile Peaks.

Thanks for that. It partly exsplains her inhuman fighting abilities. I think the other part it is the developers just making the action over-the-top advent children/kingdom hearts style. Another part is probably the fact that a lot of the story in FF13 isn't flesed out through the actual gameplay instead requiring you to sit there and read it for five to ten minutes in-between mission. Needless to say...... I didn't do that LOL.

member_10163369
29th Jun 2012, 20:58
Yeah she's a cool leader type character. It was nice seeing another female heroine in the FF series.

Castiel
29th Jun 2012, 21:58
Lightning is fantastic. She's definitely my favorite leading lady in the entire series.

member_10074094
29th Jun 2012, 23:08
Who the hell taught that girl how to fight!!!! I've seen Advent Children and as much as I like FF7, 8 and 9 Lightning will dance graceful circles around any of those characters then hit them with Army of One lol. Cloud is a Maco/Genetically enhanced test-tube baby, Squall was raised as a mercenary for hire by an elite military organization for most of his life and Zidane is half monkey, meaning extra agility and strength normal humans dont have.

Comparing the way the characters fight has always seemed meaningless to me... FF5, 8, and 12 had more "realistic" limitations on the characters... Squall and Vaan can't exactly jump up massive skyscrapers. Dissidia makes them all OP in order to balance the gameplay but... each character comes from a world where different powers and levels of super-humanness are expected, and I dislike comparing them to decide who is better.

It would probably annoy some people here if I said Ichigo Kurosaki could destroy all of them... and for the same reason that comparing FF "power levels" annoys me.

member_10770952
30th Jun 2012, 00:29
I think she's amazing! xD I love her personality because she'salways determined and I actually really loved how cold she was because It made her feel like a stronger character. I loved her fighting style, her personality, and her outfits haha. So yeah Lightning Farron is an amazing character in my eyes.

and so are um moving on.

Hala
30th Jun 2012, 10:58
She is cool but doesn't have a worthy appointment to deepen her personality ,so she is not the coolest.

But I should explain that it is the writer’s fault, not hers.

member_10553149
4th Jul 2012, 11:54
is she cool? does she drool? does she rock or not? ? you decide. i would apreciate it.

I honestly thought she was very similiar to Cloud being an individual who still fights for the family with the same attitude alike they were also ex-soldiers but lightning is also mysterious like Vincent Valentine making Lightning a fan favorite

LinkRoxas
5th Jul 2012, 23:28
I loved her! She is like the female version of Cloud in my point of view. LOVE LOVE LOVE her attitude! As the story moved on and on it changed a lot. She gets right into the action! It's very understandable by the way she acts because she was a soldier and all.

member_10813519
6th Jul 2012, 00:24
She's beautiful and an awesome fighter! She kinda scares me when she acts all mean and cool, but her personality's great even when she acts all caring around her sister Serah or Hope. I like to play as her in Dissidia, even though her moves are not as good as Zidane, Yuna, or Vaan; and I like to play her in Theatrhythm which I am playing now.

Inhibitor
9th Jul 2012, 01:17
She started off kind of bland to me, always serious, loner type, cold. Her character development throughout the game made her one of my favorite characters eventually. ^^

FantasyCross
9th Jul 2012, 04:12
Lightning she is an amazing woman,strong, beautiful, and fighter anyone could've fell in love with her in the way she is.

member_10248324
9th Jul 2012, 21:17
she is my babi boo nuff said

FantasyCross
11th Jul 2012, 01:33
she is my babi boo nuff said

lol aw yeah :D

cky182dude
11th Jul 2012, 01:45
When I first started playing FFXIII she didn't seem like that cool of a character. It wasn't until about chapter 5 that I started seeing potential in the game as a whole. Once I started reading the Data Log (or whatever it's called) I got a deeper perspective of everything in the story and started liking the characters much more. In my opinion ALL of the characters in 13 were awesome. Lightning being number 3 or 4 in my list of overall best FF characters. Number one being Squall.

WorstBirthdayEver
13th Jul 2012, 17:41
Really? I thought she had very little depth and very little character development. Most Final Fantasy games explain why certain characters act the way they do. There was more range with every other character in XIII than Lightning.

I agree. Lightning is very superficial. That is what makes her superficially appealing.

member_10752400
30th Aug 2012, 18:30
As there is no normal way of writing to Square-Enix with my concerns I post them here.

Lighting is a pretty amazing character, IMO--beautiful and deadly. She rivals Samus and Lara Croft as one of the most iconic and recognizable female video game characters.

I mean this will all my heart, Square-Enix... If Lightning is paired with Hope in canon, I will hammer my PS3 in to 1,000,000,000 pieces with a sledgehammer and never buy another SE title as long as I live. (I currently own and have beaten all of the FF series, TR, CT, and SoM.) Put simply, he is not good enough for her; he is the most annoying creation I have ever beheld and one of the least sexually attractive male concepts in history.

Being single suits Lightning very well. But, I could easily accept and support her with virtually any character other than that emo twerp. Any of the following partners would not cause me to fly into a violent rage: Snow, Cid, Rygdea, Amodar, Sazh, Noel, Bartholomew Estheim, Caius, any non-emo male other than the aforementioned twerp, Rosch, even Fang or Vanille (that's right--a lesbian is more desirable than a repulsively self-absorbed emo boy).

Lightning is too good for a loser. And, that is all I have to say.

member_10027098
30th Aug 2012, 19:30
That won't happen. I'm fairly certain Lightning considers Hope something of a younger brother, despite his age.

However, to call him emo, loser? He is absolutely nothing of the sort, especially in XIII-2. I'd have expected you to know this, as you say you have beaten all of them. :)

member_10323743
30th Aug 2012, 23:05
That won't happen. I'm fairly certain Lightning considers Hope something of a younger brother, despite his age.

However, to call him emo, loser? He is absolutely nothing of the sort, especially in XIII-2. I'd have expected you to know this, as you say you have beaten all of them. :)

Well said, Hope is far from being the insecure child he was in XIII but even then... Lightning with Hope? Doubt that would ever happen lol

member_10827409
31st Aug 2012, 00:50
As there is no normal way of writing to Square-Enix with my concerns I post them here.

Lighting is a pretty amazing character, IMO--beautiful and deadly. She rivals Samus and Lara Croft as one of the most iconic and recognizable female video game characters.

I mean this will all my heart, Square-Enix... If Lightning is paired with Hope in canon, I will hammer my PS3 in to 1,000,000,000 pieces with a sledgehammer and never buy another SE title as long as I live. (I currently own and have beaten all of the FF series, TR, CT, and SoM.) Put simply, he is not good enough for her; he is the most annoying creation I have ever beheld and one of the least sexually attractive male concepts in history.

Being single suits Lightning very well. But, I could easily accept and support her with virtually any character other than that emo twerp. Any of the following partners would not cause me to fly into a violent rage: Snow, Cid, Rygdea, Amodar, Sazh, Noel, Bartholomew Estheim, Caius, any non-emo male other than the aforementioned twerp, Rosch, even Fang or Vanille (that's right--a lesbian is more desirable than a repulsively self-absorbed emo boy).

Lightning is too good for a loser. And, that is all I have to say.

great homosexuals and bad matchmakers.... this place has gotten interesting.....

Grimoire
31st Aug 2012, 17:41
I believe this comic says it all: member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/comic/detail.php?id=3740)

CPancer
31st Aug 2012, 17:47
I believe this comic says it all: member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/comic/detail.php?id=3740)

Translation, please?

Grimoire
31st Aug 2012, 17:52
Summary: While Hope is happy that big sis Lightning is there for him, being a little kid has its downsides...

iambasho777
31st Aug 2012, 18:21

Translation, please?
Pretty much Hope is trying to pick the flowers for Lightning to tell her he likes her, but can't reach them. She sees him struggling to reach them and picks them for him, then hands them to him and starts to walk off. Then she sees he's sad about it and is confused.

Grimoire
31st Aug 2012, 18:46
(Ringo/Apples, not flowers.)

AyaFarron
31st Aug 2012, 18:51
What? Did I miss something? Did square hint that Lightning was going to be with Hope? He is the ONLY character I, personally, would ever want to see Lightning with. But I really hope she doesn't have a relationship or anything. I'm annoyed at how female characters ALWAYS have to have a boyfriend to obsess over. Lightning just wants to be with her sister. But..I do think Hope is super hot. That's just me <<

Grimoire
31st Aug 2012, 19:05
Did square hint that Lightning was going to be with Hope?

No.

member_10827409
31st Aug 2012, 19:57

oh yeah that...

member_10827409
31st Aug 2012, 19:59
I believe this comic says it all: member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery...
Translation, please?
Pretty much Hope is trying to pick the flowers for Lightning to tell her he likes her, but can't reach them. She sees him struggling to reach them and picks them for him, then hands them to him and starts to walk off. Then she sees he's sad about it and is confused.

wow..... that brings back memories.

CPancer
1st Sep 2012, 09:41
Lightning = An independant woman taking charge of her own life (in the case of the Lightning Saga).

new_tradition
2nd Sep 2012, 23:32
I really don't want to see Lightning paired up with anyone in canon beyond ambiguous relationships.

I mean, I do ship Hope/Lightning in a fan way (and Caius/Lightning, Raines/Lightning, Odin/Lightning [yeah, I said that], Noctis/Lightning, Kain/Lightning, Squall/Lightning, Tifa/Lightning...Bless you S-E for making Dissidia &hearts;), BUT! On principle, Lightning thus far has come off as someone who can stand on her own merits. She doesn't need a man (or woman; hey, who knows?) to be important. She's plenty awesome on her own. If we were to choose the character Lightning cares the most about, it would be her sister Serah; i.e. her family, not a romantic interest.

Basically, Lightning to me symbolises this: you don't need to be in a romantic relationship to be fulfilled and happy.

(Well, she's not exactly happy at the moment, but we'll see after Lightning Returns...)

Sand_Man
7th Sep 2012, 18:30
UPDATE!!! I know this is off topic but I emplore you alls to SIGN THIS PETITION!!!

techdeville.com/2012/09/07/project-cryst... (http://techdeville.com/2012/09/07/project-crystallis-a-fan-based-movement-for-final-fantasy/)

I wrote someting along the lines of

"I have supported a similar initiative known as "Operation Rainfall", (with my wallet no less) by purchasing the two localized versions of The Last Story (Collectors Edition) and Xenoblade Chronicles (Gamestop pre-order w artbook) and I pledge to also support these two games when released (With said wallet)"

Zench-XIII
7th Sep 2012, 18:37
UPDATE!!! I know this is off topic but I emplore you alls to SIGN THIS PETITION!!!

techdeville.com/2012/09/07/project-cryst... (http://techdeville.com/2012/09/07/project-crystallis-a-fan-based-movement-for-final-fantasy/)

"I have supported a similar initiative known as "Operation Rainfall", (with my wallet no less) by purchasing the two localized versions of The Last Story (Collectors Edition) and Xenoblade Chronicles (Gamestop pre-order w artbook) and I pledge to also support these two games when released (With said wallet)"

Next time check the threads before posting. A thread about this project was already created.

Sand_Man
7th Sep 2012, 18:43

Next time check the threads before posting. A thread about this project was already created.

Sorry. I'm not on here a lot and am not aclimated to this sites user interface yet (had a time figuring out how to navigated to threds I already posted to lol).

How do I navigate to that thread if you don't mind http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

Zench-XIII
7th Sep 2012, 18:51

Sorry. I'm not on here a lot and am not aclimated to this sites user interface yet (had a time figuring out how to navigated to threds I already posted to lol).

How do I navigate to that thread if you don't mind

When you're on a thread, under preferences and under the jump menu, you can see where you are. Click on Forum to go to the index, then go to the Final Fantasy general forum.

And stop flooding the threads with the same thing.

Sand_Man
7th Sep 2012, 18:56
Thanks http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

Zench-XIII
7th Sep 2012, 18:59
Thanks

One last thing, delete those posts since they're off-topic and there's already a thread for the subject.

Sand_Man
7th Sep 2012, 19:13
Thanks

One last thing, delete those posts since they're off-topic and there's already a thread for the subject.

I would do that assuming everybody knew about the petition in the first place. The main role I can play in this petitiom is to spread the word, so I respectfully decline

Zench-XIII
7th Sep 2012, 19:19
Thanks

I would do that assuming everybody knew about the petition in the first place. The main role I can play in this petitiom is to spread the word, so I respectfully decline

And for that purpose the thread was created. Do you see people posting about it on every single thread? The answer's no.

Every time someone writes on that thread, it is shown as recent activity, which means people finds out about it, not to mention the coverage some websites have about the movement.

Since that's the case, follow the guidelines of the forum, and avoid off-topic posts.

alanman178
19th Sep 2012, 14:19
Let's get back to Lightning. I think she was well-designed, and her attitude was molded from the previous events in her life. Then, when things got worse, she grew colder because of regret. As for my favorite female character... Terra, from FF6, is my favorite. Learning Ultima at level 99 was awesome. :) Wasn't expecting to learn a spell. Well, that's my nickel minus three pennies.

LunaRosalina
23rd Oct 2012, 23:48
Some people think she is cold for 'no reason'. Are you kidding me? She lost her parents when she was fourteen, had the weight of not only her life but Serah's as well, joined the military for money to support herself and her sister and changed her ENTIRE former self. Shes never relied on anyone since then, so you can't exactly expect her to be all happy when she meets new people. And now she belives Snow is trying to take Serah away, the person she's given her entire essence to, so of COURSE she hates him! Think for a second people!http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

danielgmz
24th Nov 2012, 21:16
I haven't played much but I think she's a lot more cold, serious and sad than I expected.

maybe they tried to give her some Squall-like personality (but somehow failed).

However, if you played FF8 you know the game went depth about Squall's feelings.

Now talking about the good things, she has an awesome looking and a very cool weapon.

just by looking at her you know how brave she is.

Mari-San
2nd Dec 2012, 00:30
Heh x) she's amazing.

WorstBirthdayEver
3rd Dec 2012, 03:47
Really? I thought she had very little depth and very little character development. Most Final Fantasy games explain why certain characters act the way they do. There was more range with every other character in XIII than Lightning.

I agree. Lightning is very superficial. That is what makes her superficially appealing.

Changed my mind. I like Lightning more now.

billmaster17
5th Dec 2012, 11:55
made me play xiii

WynterHewett
23rd Dec 2012, 13:57
I thought she was cool in Dissida but didn't like her much in ff13... she was cold for no reason, but then she gave that up and things seemed to get worse... she was just as whiney as the rest of them at that point

Everyone who says Lightning was cold for no reason, obviously didn't pay much attention to the story. Lightning was a soldier, that's the way she was. She had to be strong for Serah, so she toughened up after her parents died. They explain her story in FFXIII a lot and they began to show the softer side of her. I think Lightning is awesome. Definitely the best female Final Fantasy character! I'm actually hoping we get something new soon, we need to change the characters out again and start with a new Final Fantasy instead of being focused on XIII....