PDA

View Full Version : What frustrated me about the Cradle...

chris20202
10th Jun 2004, 01:51
... was that I had no map to it. And I had to wander back and forth, round and round, through the mission area, over and over, with no map, which usually meant me wandering around in circles lost until I stumbled upon whatever I was looking for.

And then, (spoiler)

I finish the mission, follow the girl to where her body is buried, and what do I find right outside the room? THE MAP! Just when I don't need it anymore. What the hell?

asrian
10th Jun 2004, 02:01
I had the same thing happen to me, but I didn't find it that frustrating. I'm used to playing games without maps, or even refering to them when there is one, so I had my own mental images/names for all the rooms that I visited. The only problem I encounted was toward the end when I had to find the vial and they said go to the 'treatment room' so I didn't go to the right area (I was calling it the lobotomy chamber, heh). Other then that, it was decently easy, if creepy, to get around in.

Asrian

Quillan
10th Jun 2004, 03:41
Everyone is different. I have extremely good sense of direction, so exploring without a map doesn't really hinder me at all. I rarely get lost. I can see how it would be frustrating to those who get lost easily, though. I didn't find any hints about the map in the game, though I might have missed it.

Rhelamos
10th Jun 2004, 03:48
heh this is why you should read EVERY single note you EVER come across.

There's a note near the entrance to the cradle (in The City) on a porch that mentions the map AND that it is in the Hammer's catacombs

winstonsmith1984
10th Jun 2004, 04:46
Yeah, I had the map before I went to the cradle. A note before you get there mentions where it is. You have to read everything.

chris20202
10th Jun 2004, 04:57
Ah, I didn't see that note.

And I have a poor sense of direction, and no ability to visualize. I can't make a map in my head, so I just wander at random. This was particularly a problem for me in the cradle, because so many of the hallways and rooms look alike.

atenyotkin
10th Jun 2004, 07:20
Umm... I'll be honest with you, the map was horrible for that mission. I ended up not using just because it mislead me a few times. I usually just end up taking it at a floor at a time, before advancing.. just slowly explore the level :-)

I actually lost her after the cradle.. Didn't know there was a hidden door down there :-)

Corrosion
10th Jun 2004, 21:53
what i loved was trying to find the white ward in the cradle. ITS NOT ON THE STINKING MAP! damned game

hellbilly
11th Jun 2004, 04:19
yeah..actually..the map isn't that great..it confused me as much as helped. I didn't go to the catacombs before the mission but I had the map when I was in there. I don't know why that is... At first I thought it may be b/c I am allied with the hammers..but I don't know. I did see the note up by Ramien's place though.