PDA

View Full Version : Museum Map?

asrian
10th Jun 2004, 01:47
Ok, I have a save right before I enter the Museum area just in case. =)

Anyway, I went to the museum just see what the map for the area looked like, and it tells me that I don't have a map for this area yet. I am sure I bought one from the fence in Old Market, but it isn't showing up. Am I wrong, and the map is somewhere in the level, or is this a glitch I've encountered?

I don't mind doing the level without the map, I did Shalebridge Cradle without a map, only finding it after the mission was over and I was exploring around a bit more. Talk about making that mission more interesting, it was hell having to guess where everything was, more exciting, but hellish to get through. *Chuckles*

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I'm not overly concerned about the map, I just want to know if I have encounted a glitch or not.

Thanks,
Asrian

Unbalanced
10th Jun 2004, 01:52
I somehow had a map of the museum when I entered, dont know where the hell I got it from as I certainly didnt buy one from the shop.

I'd be interested to know where I picked it up or if it was a bug.

Dalixam
10th Jun 2004, 10:44
I had one too, but don't know where I got it...is it on the barrel just before you enter the museum? Where the mother left food for her sons? Maybe she left a map too. You can't buy maps, can you?

Majnun
10th Jun 2004, 11:57
I'm pretty sure you do get it on that barrel in the tunnel. The note that the mother left for her sons mentions it I think.

And you can buy a map for one mission at one of the fence's shops. I can't remember which fence and I can't remember which mission though. It was one of the earlier missions/areas I think (like in the firs thalf of the game). There's always a bookcase in the background on the right hand side of the shops. The map was sitting on one of the mostly empty shelves. I think it only appears on a certain day(s).

Kaspre
10th Jun 2004, 12:55
Someone said that they pick-pocketed a map off of one of the two people that stand in front of the Museum and talk about robbing it. Failing that, you can just buy the map (for a hefty price) at the local shop. ;) Personally, I never acquired a map for the Museum, and had no troubles ... its a fairly simple layout.

Come to think of it, I never found a map for the Cradle, either. Again, after wandering around a little I was able to put things together without too much trouble, but a map would have been helpful there. Where's that map to be found?

Yandros
10th Jun 2004, 13:25
I think the place you're talking about, Kaspre, is outside St. Edgar's, not the museum.

The map to the Cradle is in the architect's casket down in the crypt in Ironwood.

I've had issues with the maps - I think I've had a map for every area (except the Gale and the Lair), even though I know I didn't find them all ahead of time - they just appeared in my maps once I entered the area. And some of the areas' pages got mixed together - I think the Pagan maps are in between the two pages of the Keeper Compound, for instance.

gadflyjs
13th Jun 2004, 10:03
Originally posted by Majnun
I'm pretty sure you do get it on that barrel in the tunnel. The note that the mother left for her sons mentions it I think.

And you can buy a map for one mission at one of the fence's shops. I can't remember which fence and I can't remember which mission though. It was one of the earlier missions/areas I think (like in the firs thalf of the game). There's always a bookcase in the background on the right hand side of the shops. The map was sitting on one of the mostly empty shelves. I think it only appears on a certain day(s).

I think I missed to steal the map from ppl, and I don't find map from the old quarter fence either!

So, I guess I need the map on the barrel, but what tunnel you mean? I really want to have a map before get inside the museum. Thank you!

Tin Star
13th Jun 2004, 11:38
Originally posted by gadflyjs
I think I missed to steal the map from ppl, and I don't find map from the old quarter fence either!

So, I guess I need the map on the barrel, but what tunnel you mean? I really want to have a map before get inside the museum. Thank you!

You need to find the Hags lair first and do that part of the mission before you can get the Museum map.Once you have done that part of the mission you can go to the store in the Old Quarter and buy it.

:cool: Tin Star

gadflyjs
13th Jun 2004, 11:53
Not this time, I can find any map in all the fence!!! I do start the Lair mission and about to enter the lair, then I think better get a map first.

So what tunnel they talk about? what mother? I don't remember I met any mother.

Tin Star
13th Jun 2004, 12:01
You have to do the Lair part of the mission before you can get the Museum map,forget about the tunnel and take care of that part first or you will never get the map or into the Museum.

:cool: Tin Star

chris20202
13th Jun 2004, 13:08
There is no map on the barrel. That is just a letter, you don't get a map from it.