PDA

View Full Version : Question About The Cradle!!!

billyjoe
9th Jun 2004, 17:32
I'm in the inner cradle right now (AHHHHHH IT'S SCARRY!) I just ran into the first mental patient and I used two flash bombs to kill him, but he isn't disapeering. The undead always disapeer when I kill them, so...

Is he still alive? I could find out myself buy I'm not sure I want too.

asrian
10th Jun 2004, 02:08
The 'Mental Patients' do not disappear when you kill them. Niether do the Haunts (dead Hammerites) in the Catacombs under Fort Ironwood.

You just have to hope they stay down =P

Best way I've found to "kill" the patients is to use my dagger and flash bombs. Backstab them with the dagger, then as soon as they fall drop two flash bombs. They always stayed down for me that way. =)

Asrian

strontium
10th Jun 2004, 03:08
Or...

Once, a patient is down, throw one holy water on them.

Dalixam
10th Jun 2004, 10:41
They're dead once their heads and upper body are buried in the floor and their legs are sticking up. I used two or three flash bombs to get them.

billyjoe
10th Jun 2004, 14:49
Originally posted by Dalixam
They're dead once their heads and upper body are buried in the floor and their legs are sticking up. I used two or three flash bombs to get them.

Same here. I had to use almost all my flashbombs because I was out of holy water. I hear they jump up for some people, but they haven't for me, thank god. Once you get past the mental patients, that really is the best mission of all. :D

Silent_Hitman47
23rd Jun 2004, 00:44
taffers always jumped up for me damnit.

Kheldin
23rd Jun 2004, 02:39
I've pumped countless fire arrows, thrown countless amounts of flashbombs, doused patients when they were down with holy water, set up explosive mine traps, threw oil on and lit aflame .. and still, I had a few pop back up on me and scare the living **** out of me. Thats really the best part of that mission.

I'm going to guess by what I've read, with people having some stay down and some having them pop back up, regardless of difficulty, could this be something that is just randomized by chance? Just a guess...

Also, if you can, when a mental zombie is patrolling, and you want to take him down, to be on the safe side, observe his pathing carefully, and try to drop him in an area you don't plan on walking near. Otherwise, your just going to have to take that gamble. But its so fun when they pop up, scare you to death, jump out of your chair... ESC... Load ... light a smoke.. take a deep breath..