PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy - Your Ideas

JmanD25thPunk
27th Jun 2012, 10:37
Ok guys, we've all found out by now that until a Final Fantasy comes out that surpasses FF7, Square isn't going to remake it. This thread is our chance to give them a few ideas to them so the FF7 remake comes out faster! Put your ideas up for elements they could incorporate into this! COME ON GUYS, I WANT FF7 REMAKE TO COME OUT FASTER!!!

My idea:
Elements used: FF12 License Board and ADB System
FF13/13-2 Graphics!
FF7 Styled storyline!
FFVS13 Real Time (i.e: Walking down a street and having a plane crash through a building and into the street in front of you!)
Monsters from every single Final Fantasy and a few new ones!
Open World Exploration!
Airships and Airship dogfights!
New epic environments! ( Cities, Mountains, etc.)
C'mon guys, you would love to see this!

member_10628951
27th Jun 2012, 10:54
@Jonathan

So.... Basically Final Fantasy Versus XIII without the real-time battle system?

member_10653235
27th Jun 2012, 12:30
So, if you were to look it up. You would find out that they don't have enough money and the man power to make a good enough remake. If they made it now, it wouldn't even be close to the kind of quality they want it to be.

Shiroiboshi
27th Jun 2012, 14:05
I think Square should focus mainly on the storyline for any FF series. Before anything else, like the graphics, gameplay, new environment, new monsters, and other things along those lines; they need to focus on the storyline. If they take the time to think up an amazing storyline, then put their new graphics, gameplay, and all the other things i mentioned, then their is a possibility that it will surpass FFVII.

member_10628951
27th Jun 2012, 14:28
^^^^This.

BTW that's how preproduction worked on Versus XIII. The game idea was thought up long before they announced it. Nomura fleshed out the story and then got to work on everything else. That is why I firmly believe that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be amazing!

Oh man Square needs to talk about this game at Gamescom, PAX or TGS this year!!!

JmanD25thPunk
27th Jun 2012, 15:47
@Jonathan

So.... Basically Final Fantasy Versus XIII without the real-time battle system?

@Psycho Ninja

Eh for some reason I liked the FF12 Active Dimension Battle but loved the FF Versus-13 Real Time exploration and liked the idea of combining them

Azure
28th Jun 2012, 02:00
I think Square should focus mainly on the storyline for any FF series. Before anything else, like the graphics, gameplay, new environment, new monsters, and other things along those lines; they need to focus on the storyline. If they take the time to think up an amazing storyline, then put their new graphics, gameplay, and all the other things i mentioned, then their is a possibility that it will surpass FFVII.

I don't like story driven , they should balance between the story and gameplay like . If they focus too much on the story , it will become linear like FFX and FFXIII . That game will never surpass FF VII . In fact , there are many FF has surpassed FFVII in many different ways but not in terms of revenue

ADB is the evolution from ATB so I hope it reappears in the future

Shiroiboshi
28th Jun 2012, 04:06

I don't like story driven , they should balance between the story and gameplay like . If they focus too much on the story , it will become linear like FFX and FFXIII . That game will never surpass FF VII . In fact , there are many FF has surpassed FFVII in many different ways but not in terms of revenue

ADB is the evolution from ATB so I hope it reappears in the future

Well, the game doesn't have to be story driven to make an amazing storyline. I wasn't trying to say that. If they were to focus on the story, they would be able to fit other things, like different stories in, if they wish. The other FF games had stories, but you got to go wherever you wished, like in FFVII, VIII, IX and other; however, you still need to beat the main objective to actually beat the game.

I agree that other FF games surpassed FFVII in many different ways, but not in revenues. That's what Square is trying to surpass, which will be difficult, since it is very hard to please everyone, especially those who compare other FF games to which ever new FF game they release.

I also hope that ADB appears in their future games as well.

Ksquall
3rd Jul 2012, 23:25

I agree. It's actually the story that makes me enjoy the games in the FF series more than anything else. Final Fantasy XIII lacked in that area in my opinion and my interest wasn't the same as in some of the others.

Vertigo501
5th Jul 2012, 17:02
Final Fantasy Tactics Online: A Cell Shaded (Think Valkaria Chronicles) Skill Based, Dark-mature, Low Fantasy, MMORPG based in the Ivalice world from Tactics/and Ogre.

Would use similar classes, however skill bars like many MMO's today would have 8 active, 8 passive skills to choose from, kinda like guild wars. Class balance would of course be a top priority. Squire/Chemist would be tutorial -level 5 class then branch out from there, however even a Knight could go toe to toe with a Lancer/Time mage if played properly. Obviously PVP would be a big thing in this game.

The story would have branching archs based on your choices throughout the game. Also race/class/sex/national heritage/goodvsevil decisions would open secondary quests/ story options with multiple endings. There would be one MAIN story line that branches, makes sense? It would also be a dark, political, low magic/fantasy story (No fighting gods in the end or such nonsense.) Back stabbing and bribbery abound in the struggle for power blah blah blah! Oh and yes romance, why not!?

The art style would be simple enough to reflect the Tactics games, except in 3D. Armor/Weapons would be suprisingly simple. (None of the multi-colored Fireworks flying off them). LOW Fantasy, even grudgy even. Start with armor with holes in them/ or caked with mud/rust etc. Art with armor/weapons are huge in my book. Also character creation should be complex enough to give the player a sense of individuality, and yet not over the top. Simple is always better.

Voice acting for just cinematic portions of the game. If KOTOR taught me anything, it's that voice acting really isn't necessary, and that budget could have been put in various other places. (Longer game maybe?) Music however, is what Square has always done right, and would like to see a masterful Soundtrack as usual. Any thoughts suggestions comments bring it, cause this is my fantasy, what is yours?

member_10628951
6th Jul 2012, 14:11
For Versus XIII to be called Final Fantasy XV and for it to be released by spring of next year.

member_10395167
11th Jul 2012, 20:40
for them to remake Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Legend, Final Fantasy 3(IE Final Fantasy VI), and Final Fantasy VII for any platform. Final Fantasy Legend and Final Fantasy were and still are my absolute favorites.

Sweeney49
30th Jul 2012, 21:42
Hello. As a fan of Final Fantasy I have always wanted my heroes in one place. I was thinking that Square Enix could help with the idea or give me some insight to how they felt about my idea. No I do not want credit. Just the game. LOL. I was thinking that the title should be, Swords of Time or something of that sort. It starts off by a modern time hero and his accomplices battling their enemy. The entire team gets demolished except our hero who has barely survived. He was rescued and learns that his enemies have decided to go back through time and space to destroy all of the past hero's and make an alliance with their enemies. Making an army so powerful to take over and rule his time and to ensure that he could never be defeated. Our hero must do the same by gathering the hero of each time (Tidas, Squall, Cloud, and Auron just to name a few). Even some new ones as well. A whole new battling system for the Eons, Gaurdians or Summons which include new moves and team specials. A new battling system with new "overdrives" that can be single or a tag team effort that changes with each character. New and older Boss's. Larger map areas and even new Ultimate Weaponry and body armor. I have many more ideas. Please respond and let me know what everyone thinks of my idea. Thanx!!!

Sweeney49
30th Jul 2012, 21:43
Hello. As a fan of Final Fantasy I have always wanted my heroes in one place. I was thinking that Square Enix could help with the idea or give me some insight to how they felt about my idea. No I do not want credit. Just the game. LOL. I was thinking that the title should be, Swords of Time or something of that sort. It starts off by a modern time hero and his accomplices battling their enemy. The entire team gets demolished except our hero who has barely survived. He was rescued and learns that his enemies have decided to go back through time and space to destroy all of the past hero's and make an alliance with their enemies. Making an army so powerful to take over and rule his time and to ensure that he could never be defeated. Our hero must do the same by gathering the hero of each time (Tidas, Squall, Cloud, and Auron just to name a few). Even some new ones as well. A whole new battling system for the Eons, Gaurdians or Summons which include new moves and team specials. A new battling system with new "overdrives" that can be single or a tag team effort that changes with each character. New and older Boss's. Larger map areas and even new Ultimate Weaponry and body armor. I have many more ideas. Please respond and let me know what everyone thinks of my idea. Thanx!!!

iambasho777
30th Jul 2012, 22:41
So... you're basically asking for a Dissidia with a decent plot?

Sweeney49
30th Jul 2012, 22:54
Oh wow. I just looked up Dissidia, which I never heard of, and I guess my idea and that game does seem similar. So I guess so lol.. What do you think of my idea?

iambasho777
30th Jul 2012, 23:08
I think it sounds like what I had expected Dissidia to be like in the first place lol, only problem is that almost none of the numbered FF titles occured in the same universe. Now, if it was based on the void instead of time and the main character was Gilgamesh void-hopping around and picking up all the heroes for a huge battle royale, that would probably fit better within the Final Fantasy settings.

Sweeney49
30th Jul 2012, 23:22
hey that sounds even better. That is what I meant by time though. Didn't mean it in that way so thank you for clearifying that up. Gilgamesh can be the main character. That sounds like a great idea as well. I would love to see a cross combo between Cloud's Omnislash and Squall's Lionheart overdrive. Now that is some major damage. At first I wanted that to be part of the Eon and character cross ability. Like an Omnislash and Lionheart overdrive ended by Bahamut's blast. But that would be pushing it and I don't think that ppl would like that idea.

ldupreez
31st Jul 2012, 00:31
Greetings, An'Ton!

Thank you for sharing your ideas for a new Final Fantasy game! In order to make sure that your thread can be properly viewed, though, I made sure to move the thread from "Official Square Enix Announcements" to the "FINAL FANTASY General Discussion" thread. Thanks again for your participation!

Sweeney49
31st Jul 2012, 01:09
Ok. Thank you. It was my mistake. Didn't mean to post in the "Official Square Enix Announcements" threads. My apologies. Thank you again.

aaronwebb91
1st Aug 2012, 03:18
seems alot like dissidia in my opinion they need something that hasmt been done yet like pirates or space. yeah they had sky pirates but im talking sea faring ones that dont fly and yeah cid in 7 went to space but i dont think it really been touched since that.

Sweeney49
1st Aug 2012, 12:06
Yh I just found that out. I never heard of Dissia until someone brought it to my attention. But even they said that Dissia didn't really have a point or a meaning. I have to play it to see how much it will resemble my idea. Then maybe I can update my idea. Thanks for responding!

aaronhollis
2nd Aug 2012, 20:27
Lately I've been playing MOBA-style games such as DOTA, League of Legends, and SMITE. They are a lot of fun. And I was thinking, Square-Enix should develop a MOBA game that uses FF characters as the "champions". If you don't know how these games play, you should read about it. I thnk it would be cool to basically take the core game and give it the world of Final Fantasy.

There could be a variety of characters, each with different roles. Imagine, your team could have a line-up like Auron as your fighter, Snow as your tank, Vivi as your mage, a ranged character such as Irvine... Each character would have the standard 4 abilities and a unique passive ability.

The game could be free-to-play but charge money for in-game items the same way that League of Legends does. I think as a free-to-play online experience it would cater to a much larger audience than for example FFXI or FFXIV, while charging for alternate skins and other optional items would provide income for SE.

The arena/battleground, the items, and interface could all be filled with the FF influence. For example, you could use items such as "Black Belt", "Ribbon", "Hi-Potion", "Ultima Weapon" etc. Characters could have abilities based off their abilities from their FF title, such as "Jump" or "OmniSlash". The bosses on the maps (Such as Baron in League of Legends) could be monsters from the FF series. We could add moogles and chocobos and all that trademark Final Fantasy stuff.

I'm sure Square-Enix wouldn't develop this just based off my suggestion, typically they don't make games just because there's a demand for them.. but imagine how cool this game would be.

MagiusNecros
2nd Aug 2012, 21:16
Only if GILGAMESH is in it.

member_10736842
3rd Aug 2012, 01:28
Lately I've been playing MOBA-style games such as DOTA, League of Legends, and SMITE. They are a lot of fun. And I was thinking, Square-Enix should develop a MOBA game that uses FF characters as the "champions". If you don't know how these games play, you should read about it. I thnk it would be cool to basically take the core game and give it the world of Final Fantasy.

There could be a variety of characters, each with different roles. Imagine, your team could have a line-up like Auron as your fighter, Snow as your tank, Vivi as your mage, a ranged character such as Irvine... Each character would have the standard 4 abilities and a unique passive ability.

The game could be free-to-play but charge money for in-game items the same way that League of Legends does. I think as a free-to-play online experience it would cater to a much larger audience than for example FFXI or FFXIV, while charging for alternate skins and other optional items would provide income for SE.

The arena/battleground, the items, and interface could all be filled with the FF influence. For example, you could use items such as "Black Belt", "Ribbon", "Hi-Potion", "Ultima Weapon" etc. Characters could have abilities based off their abilities from their FF title, such as "Jump" or "OmniSlash". The bosses on the maps (Such as Baron in League of Legends) could be monsters from the FF series. We could add moogles and chocobos and all that trademark Final Fantasy stuff.

I'm sure Square-Enix wouldn't develop this just based off my suggestion, typically they don't make games just because there's a demand for them.. but imagine how cool this game would be.

no..........just.........no

member_10829610
3rd Aug 2012, 02:19
Yeah, I'm not too sure about that idea either.

It may not be as much of a success as expected.

WhitePrism
18th Aug 2012, 00:25
I'm just putting these ideas I have up here for Square Enix to see. I'd love for responses to be made of course to help gather interest for them to be hopefully made into a reality someday.

How would you guys feel about a game with a white mage protagonist? It would be based off the first Final Fantasy game's character class, but more like the more recent Final Fantasy series with a character storyline. The white mage would be the sole survivor of a massive monster attack, and she or he would take the Warrior's Ultima Weapon to protect themself on a journey of survival through the world of Final Fantasy? I know, weird having the healer class be a protagonist and sole fighter against monsters in a real time style, but I don't know. The white mage would meet some other people along the way, including a crazy white mage whom is always there before a major boss fight whom will heal you and give advice before running away laughing. Like I said, it's open for debate.

The other series I had in mind. I call it " Dream Rise." It's a play on words of the Final Fantasy title. Dream=Fantasy, Rise being the opposite of final. It's basically about you being the main character. ( Meaning you create your own character to look like you or maybe if the technology is available, virtual environment who knows?) Hopefully technology will advance enough for the characters to each verbally speak your name like through a Vocaloid synthesizer to make the voice seem naturally generated, instead of it just being written like in Final Fantasy X. ( I once thought in Dissidia that they had this technology. ( True story.) A character called Lightning "Light," and I had happened to make my profile name Light. I later changed the name to confrim it. XD) Anyways, the story would take place in the real world. New York, Japan, you name it, would be there. Only thing, this isn't in the current cycle of the universe. ( I have this one hypothesis: that the universe just keeps expanding then imploding once it can no longer expand, and it continuously recreates itself as the big bang. Even though things repeat themselves each cycle, past memories overlap so we have deja vu at times and thus we slightly alter how things go.) This story takes place in the 18th cycle, and due to this many repetitions, dimensions and possibilities have decayed to the point of melding in with each other. As a result, planets are warped to look like yo-yo shaped with a thinned center and space is warped. Thus your character goes about daily activities with slight fantasy/sci-fi moments. ( Gnats being able to cast Slow on your character, the ground suddenly turning into a liquid.) Your character however gets to use a classic final fantasy class such as white mage as I discussed earlier, through the clothing he or she wears. A bracelet for example might give you black magic. You only know what it is once you wear it. ( The class effects would be decided at random so it's more of a unique experience for each player.) So basically you go around have these weird events happen, and it's basically mmorpg format. You do whatever you feel like doing.

So these are my ideas for Square Enix. I wrote them down just to see how others think.

member_10159804
18th Aug 2012, 10:11
Those are pretty nice ideas.

member_10074094
18th Aug 2012, 22:20
I always used Firion as a white mage, his base stats supported it

Timmei
18th Aug 2012, 22:29
Personally, I think the idea is interesting. The white mage job class has always been one of my favorite job classes, along with the summoner. I could imagine it being a female white mage, being protected by a man with a sword of some sort. Never thought about it much, but with how much I enjoy writing and creating stories, I can see it forming in my head!

member_10074094
18th Aug 2012, 22:32
what about a blue mage? I love the gameplay of blue mages, but I hate that lately they are limited to limit breaks, so they can't ever use their enemy skills like Tactics or FF7

WhitePrism
23rd Aug 2012, 10:37
what about a blue mage? I love the gameplay of blue mages, but I hate that lately they are limited to limit breaks, so they can't ever use their enemy skills like Tactics or FF7

Hmmm, maybe after you complete the game other classes will become available for play? Thanks guys for the responses. Didn't even think I'd get one response to be honest.

theblackjester
24th Aug 2012, 05:46

Lord Perfect? I remember doing a script like this with LP and Perfect soft when he was trying to make a PC clone. Never ended up being made. It was a time thing and included all past series.

But the game won't be made unless they soclicit it. It's an interesting idea, but it was baiscally in the works of being done as homage. Although never happened. It was FF7 era, and we were revolting against that polygone nonsense murdering of the fine over head 2d scale. Well honest 2d. 3 and 4d are physically existing (inside and out of a physical object. What they call 3d is still 2d, it just has less artistic value.

G

theblackjester
24th Aug 2012, 05:48
I think it sounds like what I had expected Dissidia to be like in the first place lol, only problem is that almost none of the numbered FF titles occured in the same universe. Now, if it was based on the void instead of time and the main character was Gilgamesh void-hopping around and picking up all the heroes for a huge battle royale, that would probably fit better within the Final Fantasy settings.

You mean, the cleft of dimension? Or that Sliders theory?

new_tradition
24th Aug 2012, 19:45
I'd be all for turning conventions upside their heads. Just in general, a white mage lead would be cool. Generally, the lead character is what drives the story, and I suppose by default, they're a warrior or has felxible stats to fend for themseleves in the beginning of the story when they're solo or something. I don't think there would be issues with having a story from a white mages' POV, but rather the actual playability.

I guess the hypothetical white mage would run from battle a lot, or stay on the defensive while chipping away at enemy HP. Or they could have a secondary ability like throw, lol. Or black magic even. It might be hard to play straightforward as a white mage now that I think about it...

(Aside: any way we can petition for a Fan Idea forum or something? Over the last while I've been visiting this site, I've seen people come up with really creative ideas for the series in terms of stories and more technical stuff like battle mechanics. I'd love to start my own lil' FF story here or something myself, haha)

Grimoire
25th Aug 2012, 04:07
Maybe this thread is better suited for the FINAL FANTASY forum (or the Dissidia one? na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/233995/DissidiaDissidia_012_DuodecimPrologus:_FINAL_FANTASY))

na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235425/final_fantasy_series_general_discussion)

theblackjester
26th Aug 2012, 10:06
Maybe this thread is better suited for the FINAL FANTASY forum (or the Dissidia one? na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/... (/go/forum/view/139235/233995/DissidiaDissidia_012_DuodecimPrologus:_FINAL_FANTASY))

na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/... (/go/forum/view/139235/235425/final_fantasy_series_general_discussion)

Bit late, this sort of thing is 20/20, unless you can copy it over....

TacoBoy123
15th Sep 2012, 19:05
I have been playing SquareEnix games since FF VII, and the games only get more awsome each time, but look at the history of every gaming company in the world, few if not none have done a game that incorporates very much of the fan base so my thought is: if SE were to make a game that had the ideas of thousands of fans, it would not only boost the fan base but it would be a first in game history, (and it would boost publicity) I'm not saying it has to be exlusivly fan ideas or that they have to use all of the ideas, but if the fans had their own game it would be huge, what I want is if you agree then pute your name, citty, and state if you disagree pleas post the same and wright why.

Alex Jeffries

isaacjaphethcole
16th Sep 2012, 21:22
Can i make a final fantasy game using the Rpg maker i downloaded it even says it's used for making games like ff. It's the story of how all the final fantasies started.. with 4 kids who have been friends there whole life is attacked by... well the weakest monster is slime but i can make weaker monsters with the sprites so ok.. Um... attacked by hordes of knights in their village when they are kids (Idk if this is related to any FF games i only play 3) and are abandoned in the forest. As children they were raised by 2 nice passing folk who actually are trained in fighting trained them, gave them names, and cared for them,
the bravest is a Warrior a fighter of swords, The nicest a white mage of healing, The most selfish a black mage of fighting spells, The shyest an archer a fighter of bows and arrows, When they were told they were found abandoned they were grateful but they still wanted to know who their parents were so they started on an adventure, they find out about the evil necromancer, Talonimo, and hear he destroyed the village so the kids seek revenge... This was the....
First Fantasy.....(The title is First Fantasy)

BudsLD
20th Sep 2012, 19:35
Hello all you FF nuts. I would love to show my complete collection of the Final Fantasy series but I cannot figure out how to post any pictures here. But I will leave my Final Fantasy fan game I created (its incomplete only about 7 hours of gameplay) here. Ive had 285 people play it and would love more to try it. Its a prequel to FF4. Its lacking a formal intro but give it a chance. Heres the link.

www.mediafire.com/?9hm393262bz6z9k (http://www.mediafire.com/?9hm393262bz6z9k)

So if anyone knows if pics can be shown here let me know.

Timmei
20th Sep 2012, 20:11
Be careful about posting stuff like this. I'm not saying people won't like it, but you are using a trademark of a company that takes quite a bit of pride in FF. (I am debating on downloading it, but still! xD) Do be careful though. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble for posting something like this.

BudsLD
20th Sep 2012, 21:48
I would hope SE would not be upset and maybe even flattered. I put in over 3 months of time and effort and am the BIGGEST FF fan there is. I have spent well over $5000 on Square Enix games and would love to hear any feedback from SE. Hopefully im not crossing any boundaries though. And I hope people enjoy it and not take it too seriously.

new_tradition
25th Sep 2012, 14:13
As far as I know, you can't posts images in a post. But you can leave links to pictures at least.

As for legalities, I'm not sure...At the very least, you can't make money off licensed ip. I think its up to the company/developer if they wanna push any after that.

That reminds me of a fan-made live-action Zelda movie that Nintendo actually sent a cease and desist order for...

BudsLD
25th Sep 2012, 22:09
I would never imagine of trying to make money off my game. I would only like if some people would find some enjoyment in it and an even bigger dream would be if SE took my idea and made a professional game based on it. All I would aske is a free copy :P

Feel free to give bad or good feedback. So far 16 more people have tried it from this site :D bringing my total up to 301 people that have tried my game.

Jonj
27th Sep 2012, 07:22
-Why does the series invest so heavily in mental debilitation?

-Will there be another dark, macabre, quasi-dystopic setting?

-More story please.

-Can there be more rewards added for the amount of level-grinding necessary to move up on the stat increase platforms? Like after every 10 you get one free or an increase of your choice, maybe randomly through some sort of lottery? –digression to Dragon quest 9: level up 10 different job classes? The benefits of one class had little impact on the other, why?

--would there be a way to make easy/hard versions to make stat increases easier/harder to obtain for the casual/intense gamer?

-Bring back mini games?

pipieweak
27th Sep 2012, 11:45
Hey guys, this thread is just for some themes or stories you would like for a final fantasy series... I think that Square-Enix just extends ff13's story line and doesn't come up with new ones.

Personally, I would really love it if they make a series that features summons as the main protagonists.. Like bahamuth having a human form or something.. That'd be awesome!

Auron9393
27th Sep 2012, 14:17
That would actually be interesting. Personally, I want them to make a Collaboration of Final Fantasys. I know that they mad dissidia but I would like an actual final fantasy games with its own style and in depth story with weapons armor and summonings from different final fantasys and collaborate them together. I want a final fantasy of final fantasys, not a free roam mortal kombat final fantasy.

CPancer
27th Sep 2012, 14:32
Well first of all, I would like the main protagonist to not either be a whiny closet case or the traditional quiet, rude & IDGAF personality. And no more spiked long hair, please...

They need an intense plot, a good example is something like Digital Devil Saga or Xenosaga, I want to see characters DIE!

I want weapons that don't actually look like boomerangs you can get at Toys R Us (Hope).

Open world, real time gameplay....I want to see the day transition from day to night even if it's not operated like a real-time clock.

member_10628951
27th Sep 2012, 15:10
@Colton

For all intensive purposes, you just described Final Fantasy Versus XIII, exception being some of the characters hair. But I like their hair styles so.....

CPancer
27th Sep 2012, 16:26
@Colton For all intensive purposes, you just described Final Fantasy Versus XIII, exception being some of the characters hair. But I like their hair styles so.....

That's interesting, because I was never thinking about Versus XIII when I wrote that, and the characters in Versus don't compare to what I had in mind.

FatSqueek
27th Sep 2012, 22:07
A world of a modern day divine right monarchy with weilding warriors who are among the 'blessed'. This country has a very strong religious presence in daily life and believe the blessed warriors are humes given divine gifts from the goddess. One of the blessed has escaped and the main character, with his grizzled mentor, a cocky, raggity white mage, a poetic dragoon, and a former mechanic are tasked with finding him. The government fears that if this rogue warrior were to do anything brash, it would spark a possibly global war, since the rest of the world, fearing the might of the monarchy, almost entirely been unified into an allience. After crossing the DMZ, the group encounters the rouge warrior, and the main character, who is among the blessed, is asked to join the warrior on his 'crusade'. You see, the rouge warrior tells the hero that the monarchy is using vengeful human souls to experiment on people and give them inhuman powers. The main character has been having dreams from the perspective of others in their dying moments, so he seems to buy into it. The rouge warrior helps the hero unleash his power upon their meeting, which destroys the town they were in. The villain vanishes, and the heroes set out to quell the now angry allies against the monarchy, all the while being chased by monarchy spies, as the heroes are thought to be traitors. As the heroes warn some nations, they can't get all of them, and the invasion of the monarchy begins. The heroes now understand that the government uses the DMZ to 'cultivate' souls to create blessed, but can only do this every couple centuries, as to let the area repopulate. The heroes arrive just too late on the scene, as the villain, along with the curious evil scientist from the gov't aiding him, start to collect the souls from the ensuing combat. The villain suddenly goes into a fit, and loses it, destroying much of the city around him. The heroes eventually decide to recruit the most lethal force remaining after the slaughter and pursue the villain, who ran because he 'overloaded' on souls. Similar to the main characters dreams, the main villain felt all the deaths of the people he'd collected. Taking advantage of his weakened , though volatile, state, the heroes find him and kill him, but not without a horrible sacrifice of one of the main characters. The end.

Arietta
2nd Oct 2012, 14:26
first of all i want a mystical world not to advanced that is ran by the gods aka summons and has four different kingdoms that each worship different gods and there all at constant war with each other now heres the interesting part you get to decide which kingdom you get to side with and each kingdom has different story characters that you can only get by siding with that kingdom making 4 possible endings and giving you 4 different storys to play through all together

open world map

each character gets 4 different classes they can be but no stupid paradigm shifts

6 characters per kingdom and 3 additional side side characters that are gettable through any kingdom side quests each character with there own personalities

mini game area like the gold saucer in FF7 including speed choco racing cards snow boarding and motorcycle game

no DLC at all

battle system like FF Type O max lvl 200 or 255

super side bosses that drop best weapons in the game

synth shop

and a few other side quests

BudsLD
3rd Nov 2012, 19:55
I would never imagine of trying to make money off my game. I would only like if some people would find some enjoyment in it and an even bigger dream would be if SE took my idea and made a professional game based on it. All I would aske is a free copy :P

Feel free to give bad or good feedback. So far 16 more people have tried it from this site :D bringing my total up to 301 people that have tried my game.

bump

BudsLD
3rd Nov 2012, 19:56
bump

BudsLD
12th Nov 2012, 21:06
any feedback SE?

Grimoire
13th Nov 2012, 02:57
[GENERAL FORUM GUIDELINES] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)

[Please do not make a simple post just for the purpose of "bumping" a thread. Also avoid simple posts that don’t add constructive information to the thread, for example: “first”, “.” to signify agreement, or even “/agree”. Consider always adding more information or your personal touch on each response.]

I would love to show my complete collection of the Final Fantasy series but I cannot figure out how to post any pictures here.

[Images in Threads Now Supported] na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (/go/thread/view/139233/29473111/Images_in_Threads_Now_Supported)

[LICENSING] http://na.square-enix.com/licensing

[SQUARE ENIX’S UNSOLICITED IDEA AND CONTENT SUBMISSION POLICY] http://na.square-enix.com/unsolicitedsubmissions

MichaelVoid
29th Jan 2013, 21:12
What's your idea of a final fantasy game, since almost everyone is into it. It might give game designers some ideas and there is not other best way to do it then to post it here.

member_10628951
29th Jan 2013, 21:19
- Open-ish World

- Fantastic Story/ Characters I care about and like

- Great Soundtrack

- Beautiful Visuals

- Immersive World

What I always wanted in a Final Fantasy game:

- A more Mature Story

- Darker tone in world and story

- Multi-dimensional characters

- Action JRPG

- A more grounded setting

And that's why I am looking forward to Final Fantasy Versus XIII. It mine (and A LOT of other fans) ideal Final Fantasy.

MichaelVoid
29th Jan 2013, 21:25
That is a fantastic idea and as you already know Versus XIII may be the biggest Final Fantasy game yet.

SREPCfg-363537
31st Jan 2013, 08:36
Great Graphic + great Gameplay + exiting story + realistic world, and *PLEASE*, new technical combat system, a few like Kingdom Hearts.

That's should be my Final fantasy.

MichaelVoid
31st Jan 2013, 15:19
Great Graphic + great Gameplay + exiting story + realistic world, and *PLEASE*, new technical combat system, a few like Kingdom Hearts.

That's should be my Final fantasy.

A lot of people would agree with you. They should make more games like that

FantasyFinale12
31st Jan 2013, 18:47
I really love the story, soundtrack, characters, weapons, environments, and pretty much all of the other aspects I've come across while playing Final Fantasy. (My experience is of course mostly limited to XIII though.)

I really look forward to playing Lightning Returns and Versus XIII (if Versus is for xbox as well)!!

ThatDudeJohn
1st Feb 2013, 20:34
What I always wanted in a Final Fantasy game:

- A more Mature Story

- Darker tone in world and story

- Multi-dimensional characters

- Action JRPG

- A more grounded setting

And that's why I am looking forward to Final Fantasy Versus XIII. It mine (and A LOT of other fans) ideal Final Fantasy.

I like this guy. He understands.

elsonSCCP
1st Feb 2013, 22:07
Great graphic,an epic story and with sure a open world full of dungeons,viles,cities,just full of sidequests,just love be free to make all i want until the last battle,i love explore.

moooka
2nd Feb 2013, 10:41
Open world is needed but I don't think the main FF games should be action RPG. I hope they stay more tactical, that's one of the main things I love about them. The best thing they can do is they release a spin-off like Versus XIII for every upcoming numbered FF. That way, everyone will be satisfied.

RedMawz
2nd Feb 2013, 15:25
Open world is needed but I don't think the main FF games should be action RPG. I hope they stay more tactical, that's one of the main things I love about them. The best thing they can do is they release a spin-off like Versus XIII for every upcoming numbered FF. That way, everyone will be satisfied.

for the versus part
oh, i really hope they'll not, waiting so long once is enough.

maybe a new IP and a dedicated studio who will not be moved here and there every month would be a good thing.

the other part

but in my opinion turn based gameplay should be modified together with the casual encounters and maybe a different transition between explore and battle.

I mean, once it was good, videogames were at their start but now it's possible to create something more realistic and natural

moooka
2nd Feb 2013, 15:52
Action RPGs existed since the late 80s and early 90s. There was even a Final Fantasy action RPG back in 1991 (Final Fantasy Adventure) which evolved into an entire series (Mana, also known as Seiken Densetsu). Enix also had its own action RPGs like Terranigma and Star Ocean. So it's not about the technology. Square Enix is already adding some action elements, for example the upcoming Lightning Returns will give the player the ability to move Lightning during the battle. Action RPGs are good but this is not what Final Fantasy is known for. But I think the series needs some more action elements to appeal to a larger audience, although I don't wish that it becomes 100% action oriented. The Last Story (which was directed Sakaguchi, by the creator of Final Fantasy) is a good example of an RPG that uses both action and tactical elements.

RedMawz
2nd Feb 2013, 17:49
Action RPGs existed since the late 80s and early 90s. There was even a Final Fantasy action RPG back in 1991 (Final Fantasy Adventure) which evolved into an entire series (Mana, also known as Seiken Densetsu). Enix also had its own action RPGs like Terranigma and Star Ocean. So it's not about the technology. Square Enix is already adding some action elements, for example the upcoming Lightning Returns will give the player the ability to move Lightning during the battle. Action RPGs are good but this is not what Final Fantasy is known for. But I think the series needs some more action elements to appeal to a larger audience, although I don't wish that it becomes 100% action oriented. The Last Story (which was directed Sakaguchi, by the creator of Final Fantasy) is a good example of an RPG that uses both action and tactical elements.

srry, probably I said something wrong. I was not talking about an "action" like God of War or Devil May Cry series, but something different like you said the last story.

member_10660568
2nd Feb 2013, 19:20
This is my subjective Final Fantasy:

- Side quests: I want to be able to wander off, talk to people, or just find interesting things that lead me astray before I continue with the story.

- Event-driven story: The game world should shape the characters before they can shape the world. (Also helps with pacing.)

- Orchestral soundtrack: The music should create a different ambience in each locale.

- Cut scenes: When significant events occur in-game, I want to enjoy the visuals and couldn't care less about controlling the character.

- Immersion: There should be an entire mythos that I can study and learn about throughout the game, and more through additional playthroughs.

- Comic relief: A game should explore a gamut of emotions, and I want to laugh every once in a while. Comedy always creates memorable moments.

- Sadness as well: In order to care about the characters, I have to experience their trials and tribulations in conjunction with their triumphs and joys.

- Archetypes are okay: Sometimes there just isn't enough content for a playable character, but allow me to enjoy their archetype anyways.

- Strategy: Sometimes I want to breeze through an area, and sometimes I want a challenge. Strategizing allows me to do both throughout.

- Fantasy: I don't mean medieval European settings, but I don't want a modern world. If I did, I would go outside and do something else.

BudsLD
24th Feb 2013, 12:22
Anyone want to give any feedback???

korn7809
25th Feb 2013, 20:39
I have been a long time fan of the FF games (mostly the Playstation ones as that is my primary systems I own) and have been craving something that would bring back the nostalgia of previous FF games. Then one day wile at work talking to a friend about wanting to make a small game our self (tho we have no experience in that field) I started thinking of ideas for a game.....

Here is what I ended up coming up with for a new game.

What if you took Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia then made a game focused completely around the primary FF games (FF 1-13 excluding 11 and 14)?....

Some key ideas to this game would be...

The World/s

There would be the world of each one put into this game in there entirety. (zone layout and travel style)
Enemy placement, style & level would match that of the original game as well (more details on monsters further down)
OPTIONAL The stats when in each world will be changed to fit the original games style (Ex. FF7 max HP 9999 MP 999 Damage 9999) the math to do so will be different by characters original min-max amounts (This will keep it so that your characters feel the same throughout each world with your strongest character remaining the strongest)

Battle System

Each world would have the base battle system of that game (as to have many types of battle styles)
The characters would have been customized to work with the worlds battle system (more details on characters further down)
Battle bonus would be applied as they would in the original if there was any (Ex. FF 12 & 13)

Characters

In each world there will be ALL the primary characters you see in the original game of that world
You will be able to recruit EVERY character you would play as in the original game of that world
The only characters required for the story in whole will be the main characters of each world (Ex. FF7=Cloud, FF8=Squall, FF9=Zidane and so on)
The character progression and leveling will be the same as it is in the original (Ex. FF7 XP+AP, FF10 will have its own and FF13 will have CP) with some tweaking to balance them out
There equipment system will be the same as it is from there origin (Ex. FF7 characters will get meteria and the equipment on them will be slotted, FF8 will get summons as equipment with magic for there stats and so on)
In each world you will have the option of getting the rest of the worlds characters to play by means of side missions and quests
Special abilities of characters will work as they did in there original game
You WILL fight each final boss of each world in that world (maybe even later in another world) and most other bosses will be part of a different story line or quest
IMPORTANT characters will progress slower if paired with someone higher in there perspective progression type (Ex. XP+level or CP+Crystarium) The amount will very by degree of difference in the characters and monsters (there will be a cut off point as to where a lower level character will NOT progress if another in party is to strong). As so taking a lower level character back to lower level zones with out high level characters will be optimal

Items/Equipment

Items you find in the world will be in the same format as they were originally (When changing worlds they will be set to fit any type of stat changes that happen)
Some items may only be useable in there original world if they would cause game breaking effects
Equipment will be changed based on the original world of the one equipping them (with exception of those who don't get equipment)
There will also be equipment specific to the characters of the current world dropped only in that world (they will not necessarily be stronger but different and only be able to be equipped by characters of that world) they will be able to be used in other worlds with out change
Characters from worlds where standard equipment isn't used (Ex. FF7 Materia) can be found in there world or crafted in there perspective world with special Materia found in other worlds unique to them, (Ex. FF8 spells) will be able to be taken from enemies like they normally would or can be extracted from things like Materia for what ever spell it is (other games may have similar methods)
Any type of bonuses that equipment may have had in a characters original game will work as did before (Ex. FF7 Materia linking and stat boosts & FF13 item combination bonuses)

Other Features

Any type of special currency that a game had will work as it did when in that world and only in that world (will be saved when changing worlds)
Chocobos will work as they did in the original game wile in the perspective world along with any side quests involved with them (Ex. FF7 Breeding & FF9 digging/map finding)
Quests will primarily be set to the world they are started with some asking you to go to other worlds
Any type of special games will be in there perspective world and might call for you to go to other worlds later (Ex. FF7 & 13-2 casino+chocobo race, FF9 mognet & FF13-1 and FF12 hunts)
Games with summons you can level will be leveled in the same way original game was (with an exception of FF10 will use FF13 essences for powering up)

Story

(Note: This is something will can be changed as it will need to fit into each world)

You will start out by picking a FF game as a starter
Your starting character will be the main character of that FF game
The story will require you to go to each games world and recruit the primary character and defeat that worlds main boss (might not be the only time you fight them)
The end will not be set to any one world but a new one to end the game on its own story
As new worlds are opened the story will put you in zones that are the level of your characters as they should be at that point of the game (This will depend on when the story takes you to that world so the zone will change by your starting world)
You will NOT be forced to use your main character EVER but the story will be centered around his part of the game
Each world and main character of that world will have there story converge in the end
In order to get the whole story you would be required to play from each games start
Depending on what world you pick you will have most of your story take place in that world (so you can pick the type of game style you like most)

Other Ideas/DLC

DLC ideas could include turn the graphical style of the whole game into that of any one of the original games (Ex. FF1-6 or FF7) and the rest of the game would look as so
Each world will have it's default look of the original game
DLC worlds of the other FF games
DLC characters of other FF and/or Square Enix games (Perhaps even games that square enix has taken part in like Star Ocean)
Either have Japanese and English voices or have the one not of your countries origin as DLC
DLC to expand current in game systems past there main point but DO NOT take anything out of the game to make into DLC. DLC will be required to be completely new content unrelated to current existing story/s and made AFTER game has been finished

As of now that is a game I would love to see. It would have LOADS of play variety and reply value.

I would like to see what ideas others could come up with for this game.

korn7809
25th Feb 2013, 22:29
Sounds like a crappy fanfiction tuh me.

It is only fan fiction if it is fan made. If SE made it then it wouldn't be fan fiction. Besides what makes it so crappy? Or do you not like how they did any of the old games and only want something that is completely different?

MagiusNecros
26th Feb 2013, 09:34
No thanks. I want FF BERSERK or GILGAMESH GAME.

I'd take a Castlevania spinoff of Ultimecia's castle too with Squall Belmont.

korn7809
26th Feb 2013, 10:23
No thanks. I want FF BERSERK or GILGAMESH game..

I don't follow, what would those consist of?

I'd aake a Castlevania spinoff of Ultimecia's castle too with Squall Belmont.

do you mean something like dirge of cerberus?

MagiusNecros
26th Feb 2013, 19:37
Dunno.

As for Castlevania fangame. Just classic castlevania with FF characters. Simple.

korn7809
26th Feb 2013, 20:36
Sadly enough I have never played any Castlevania games so all I know about them is from pictures and what now. :(

Changing characters around is good and all but it doesn't give you the FF feel like an original FF game does.

alanman178
27th Feb 2013, 20:38
My ideal FF game would be something made to the likes of the 1st 9 games in the series. Sure, Squaresoft made some changes here and there even back then, but they still gave the player a lot more control in between plot points throughout the games. Those were the days when you could look forward to freely traversing an expansive world via land, sea, and air. You could cover every inch of the world map one way or another. There was just more depth to the games back then. Most of the FF worlds these days are just painted unexplorable backgrounds.

Personally, I don't believe that 'graphics' should be the top priority in rpgs. They work well as a priority in some other genres(You still have to be careful not to remove too much). Just not in rpgs. Top-notch graphics and cg movies cost a LOT of time, money, and disc-space. It cuts deeply into the 'content' and 'world-design' portion of the games. It's difficult to attach a large amount of content to a life-like graphical wonder. That's when you start running into bugs or glitches. It can be a huge mess.

I've fully expected to see some changes in the FF series over the years. I just didn't expect to see so many eliminations. What if a football game suddenly looked twice a good as before, but only had half of the teams? I know it's not an rpg, but I'm sure there would be a lot of griping with a question attached to those gripes; "Why and the heck would you do that?" lol

korn7809
27th Feb 2013, 21:33
Problem with sticking to how 1-9 worked was the lack of new play style. It was kind of like the CoD series where they found a winning formula and never changed it making them all feel the same when it comes to the basics of battle.

moooka
28th Feb 2013, 01:29
I've always wanted to see something like that. Like a Kingdom Hearts about the Final Fantasy universes instead of Disney's.

FatSqueek
28th Feb 2013, 07:29
My ideal Final Fantasy game would be a grueling turn-based dungeon crawler with extreme difficulty and a story that seems like it's written by an intelligent adult. Why is this so hard to do?

korn7809
28th Feb 2013, 20:58
My ideal Final Fantasy game would be a grueling turn-based dungeon crawler with extreme difficulty and a story that seems like it's written by an intelligent adult. Why is this so hard to do?

That is actually a cool idea. Something like Diablo 1 but turn based battles?

FatSqueek
28th Feb 2013, 21:28

No. Lucifer's Call or DDS.

korn7809
28th Feb 2013, 23:10

No. Lucifer's Call or DDS.

Never heard of Lucifer's call and DDS? Digital Devil Saga?

moooka
28th Feb 2013, 23:58
Lucifier's Call is SMT III Nocturne. Honestly, I don't like that series, the demon talking mechanics really suck in my opinion. Persona 3 & 4 improved them with the personas system, but the dungeon crawling gets boring very quickly, not to mention, there's almost no areas to explore. Final Fantasy has always been better in every aspect, it's not even close.

korn7809
1st Mar 2013, 00:03
Lucifier's Call is SMT III Nocturne. Honestly, I don't like that series, the demon talking mechanics really suck in my opinion. Persona 3 & 4 improved them with the personas system, but the dungeon crawling gets boring very quickly, not to mention, there's almost no areas to explore. Final Fantasy has always been better in every aspect, it's not even close.

Wile most FFs are nice for exploring the last 2 (FF 13 1-2) have been poor for exploring. They are mostly back tracking to go over the same places.

FatSqueek
1st Mar 2013, 10:02

Oh we've got a comedian here.

MagiusNecros
1st Mar 2013, 10:44

That's called SMT4.

MagiusNecros
1st Mar 2013, 12:09
Well BERSERK is better then anything.

:P

FatSqueek
1st Mar 2013, 12:28
Well BERSERK is better then anything.

:P

Suikoden is pretty good too.

moooka
1st Mar 2013, 15:29

Oh we've got a comedian here.

The only comedian here is you. You say nothing but bad things about Final Fantasy on this site.

alanman178
1st Mar 2013, 21:54
Problem with sticking to how 1-9 worked was the lack of new play style. It was kind of like the CoD series where they found a winning formula and never changed it making them all feel the same when it comes to the basics of battle.

I certainly understand your point of view. The point I've been trying to make across the forums is when you make a 'series', and it becomes a major 'hit', the most you should ever do to it is make some small tweaks and try 'adding' new ideas. It's really no different than a tv or movie series. If you go overboard with the changes, you'll slowly start to lose those people who were drawn into the series early on. Sometimes, when you try to reach out to other people, all you're really doing is trading one customer for another. If you want to make something different, then make a different series.

Having a "winning formula" means people love what you're doing. Don't change it. Build off of it. Make additions, not eliminations.

"This is great! Stop doing it." That's how it all looks to me. lol

member_10297885
9th Mar 2013, 12:43
hi everyone I'm white and I'd like to talk about a new Idea for FFX/a new game based around FFX's style such as the summoner I love this game for the fact that you have to go around looking for summons at various temples and the fact that when you fight with them its like its own character in the fact you get to build them up with stat boosting items but i'd like to see it where they were the main fighting force and you could combin/evolve them like Ifrit and bahamut or Alexander and shiva you could use summons form other games like eden and diablos from FF8 and any others you could think of plus make it a online game so you can battle your friends or team up to take on very hard challenge like battling knights of the round and add hunt/bounty's and yeah i know it sounds like a pokemon game but really wouldn't that be cool to see a pokemon style game with character/summons as cool as the FF series and to make it like a FFX style game well anyways I'll let your mind run with it this is just some of my thoughts thank you for your time

Grimoire
9th Mar 2013, 18:01
This discussion does not belong in the [General Discussion (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139231/233953/general_discussion)] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY Series General Discussion (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235425/final_fantasy_series_general_discussion)] forum.

destruction7
23rd Mar 2013, 09:25
Be careful! with copyrights infringements

vinimoreno
26th Mar 2013, 19:40
I Brazilian but i will try to speak english to answer your question, I don't know if i am speaking right ok?

You can make a game inspired in a Final Fantasy but you cannot make a gmae with the chars, screens, locations and other thing of FF.

MagiusNecros
27th Mar 2013, 19:57
If you build things from scratch out of nothing and it's nonprofit there shouldn't be any problem whatsoever.

Even moreso if it's using original characters even if inspired or derived from others.

28th Mar 2013, 01:36
specifically what rpg maker are you using?

destruction7
28th Mar 2013, 02:21
There a lot of rpg maker he must be probably used one of these rpg maker vx,xp,2000,ACE there a lot of others.

primeminister03
24th Apr 2013, 14:49
This has long been overdue, but i will start it out with 3the suggestions:

1. Remaster or remake one of the series favorites or several to get revenue coming in again (aside from 10). If some adjustments have to be made to allow the huge games of the past to make it to the current-gen graphics and sound, then so be it, but it better be minor changes and communicated to your audience before it is ever produced. Remember, give the people what they want...(it still applies in this medium)

2. Please Stop handling sequels like you handle original products. You cannot recreate a combat system, story, characters and/or world and expect good results, unless it was obviously broken in the first place. With sequels, you must think "addition", not " re-creation".

3. Here is an idea for a culmination game that could be after the events of dissidia:

Send a survey out to 100 of the most faithful FF fans and find out a cast of their 13-15 favorite hero characters in the series. Some of the main characters, I couldnt care less about. I would rather see some of the supporting characters (Balthier) in a compilation sequel. For character customization, come up with something that mixes 10's grid, 12's board, 7's materia and 8's ability/GF junctioning. For combat think along the lines of 7, 8 and 10 and then add LITTLE changes.

Also, build the story around two new characters, a guy and a girl. Make these characters customizable down to their very appearance as well as their fighting styles. This is in case fhe player chooses a male or female at the character creation screen. This doesnt need to be to elder scrolls level, but a fair number of options is needed. This allows for two separate parallel stories to be told, depending on the players choices and you can still have one voice actor/actress for the created character. Let it be a sequel for the FFs that need one or at least deserve to have some part of the story, even if it is just the characters we see in a new adventure.

Include a ton of lore about what has happened in the time between the original titles and dissidia and then this game.

Include new villains. If old ones are to be included, they should play a lesser/minor villain role. Anyway, Dissidia was nice, but let a FF sequel be an RPG and not a fighting game.

It is not as hard as it sounds. Square-enix is innovative, but they need to return to original roots and get grounded before we get extremely innovative again.

FatSqueek
24th Apr 2013, 16:01
It took you an hour to make this thread?

primeminister03
24th Apr 2013, 16:14
I dont think so. Honestly, I dont know. I have been working as well. But wanted to post my thoughts all together. :)

alanman178
24th Apr 2013, 22:02
Here are some things I'd suggest that SE 'do' and 'not' do with the "Character Development Systems" in future FF games:

1) Do not repeatedly "cap" the progression like you did with FF13. Adjust the exp. needed, cp needed, or whatever you choose to call it, and allow the "Player" to create their own pace.

2) When using the "Leveling System", do not scale the levels of the enemies with that of the main characters'. This defeats the purpose of even having the "Leveling System" in the first place. Each enemy the player encounters should yield a set amount of experience. This helps the player create his/her own pace.

3) Always make sure the character development systems offer enough depth for the players to be able to customize their favorite characters to their liking. Example: If the player wants a certain character to be a "Mage", "Warrior", etc., then the tools should be in place for that to be possible.

Those are just a few things I can think of for the moment.

member_10807530
24th Apr 2013, 22:58
From the Trailer I just seen of Vs 13 its over. Square Enix is done. Sell the rights to someone who knows how to appreciate the series. Remake after remake but never the one we want to see. At this point its not about remake. Constantly spitting in the face of fans of the series for the last 2 decades. Sad to see such a great game with such wonderful stories be ruined by a closed off world a total straight path world. What I enjoyed so much about all the other titles was being able to explore. You would think with new generations of consoles upgraded memory space that they would make a bigger world not close it off. Better impress me cause not even Tomb Raider will make me consider your next game. Btw 97% in 2 days on Tomb Raider. Just saying. Great game though.

Spartan749
2nd May 2013, 01:16
I was thinking recently after playing through FF3/FF5. The plot of those two games revoloved around the crystals and four heroes becoming the Warriors of Light in order to preserve balance.

Now think of this:
The type of story that everyone wants to see is a darker one (how many people like how FF Versus XIII's darker story look?), so... what if the side of light was growing too strong?

The crystals would then have to choose 4 Warriors of Darkness to even the balance.

A plot revolving around preserving the balance of light and dark, but this time on the side of dark. Kind of like an anti-hero.

The challenge in this plot is finding a way to make the side of light seem powerful, without looking corrupt or power-hungry.
Another problem is trying to make it look like the heros are preserving balance, without trying to make the world consumed by darkness.

If the first problem in the plot isn't resolved, then the plot would be exactly like the gist of the plot for the early FF games.
If the second issue isn't resloved, then we end up with a cliche story where the heroes were dumb enough to follow the true villain's orders, and now they have to defeat the "lord of dark" on the side of light. (This would be uninteresting and very predictable, unless somehow done right)
There are probably other issues, but im focusing on major ones.

I was wondering what everyone else thinks of this style of plot.
-Could it work?
-What kind of plot would it go through?
-Subplots to make the characters likable, but not make them seem like they aren't the "Heroes of Darkness"?
-What style would fit the game best? (16-bit vs 3d)
-Other ideas...

I'm thinking about learning software (like say RPG Maker, or if there are better programs let me know) and making a game inspired by the FF games with a darker plot.
The problem is I'm no writer, so scripts aren't my specialty. (So maybe give some assistance)

My rough idea for a plot of this nature:
The world of humans is at peace. They have used the power of the crystals to advance in technology. The humans eventally began a religion based around the crystals and some diety of light (whom the leader of the people has "spoken to"). There are still monsters around the world putting up resistance for the humans, as well as the power of light. The humans, however, are putting up a firm and growing resistance against the monsters. The power of light has been growing thanks to the humans utilizing the power of the crystals to banish the monsters around the world.

Now the last of the monsters have been forced to stay underground, leaving the surface to the power light. This may have seemed good, but the balance of light and dark has been drastically altered. The power of dark was dwindling. In order to compensate, the crystals have started emitting a dark energy. This caused people to sometimes turn to crime, etc. In response, the side of light improved their technology even more to weed out the dark amongst them with out a large conflict breaking out. As cities grew bigger ("Hey look. It is steampunk, so it has to be good.") darkness still weakened. The crystals then resorted to choosing 4 heroes to combat the forces of light. -This is where our story begins-

One of the heroes is from a smaller town where there is no (found) crystal nearby (so there are some monsters around, although they are weak. This means the first hero has some combat experience).
---------------
This is the area where I need help.
Like I said I'm not the best with scripts...
But the crystal comes into contact with him somehow.
---------------
*FIRST CRYSTAL AND TWO HEROES
The hero needs to find the crystal in order to recieve the power to go on his quest. The crystal is hidden in a cave nearby behind a "special" seal.
His girlfriend, or close childhood friend (cliche I know, but it is best to have two early characters have a prior connection in my opinion), decides to go with him to the cave.

At the end of the cave is a big monster. They kill it and the seal is broken, so they can get to the crystal. The Earth Crystal (Get it? Because it was underground. :D) was the one that called the hero, and told friend to meet up with his/her friend and join him (which you find out just then).
---------------
A little bit more plot happens
---------------

*THIRD HERO
The two heroes went to a larger town nearby (affected by the influence of the crystals, but don't have one), like a castle town (think like Baron from FFIV with a small castle).
---------------
Plot involving the anti-dark army asking for complete loyalty or something from the town lord. He doesn't accept or turn them down. Army leaves.
The lord meets with the heroes and eventually joins them (he is the third hero. contacted by the crystal after meeting the original 2, he joins them)
---------------

This is as far as I got with my plot. The only problem I see with my story is the lack of uniqueness.

Post your story ideas. I would like to see what everyone else comes up with, especially since I need help developing a story of some kind to use in my game.

T-Zero
17th May 2013, 17:54
I haven't seen a thread like this up, so I thought I'd jump the gun and start one. I'm a long time FF fan, starting with FF IV (FFII in the US at the time) and have played every game since, and bought up the old ones once they were available here.

I'm not going to address story elements, since for the most part Square nails it (with a few exceptions. I'm sure everyone's got a different view on that, so let's not address that here.) I will say that I loved the Diesel Punk atmosphere of FF VII, and would like to see the next game shift into that genre. (And of course, I'd love to see FF VII remade for a next gen console... but I digress, again.)

So, without further ado, here's some ideas I'd like to see in FF XV:

First, I'd like to do away with the upgrade sphere/crystarium or whatever you want to call it. They tend to make every character feel like every other character, story-wise personality not withstanding. In FF X, you could literally make any character have every ability available in the game. In FF XII, you could give them every ability, and the ability to use every weapon as well, which I feel makes the characters cookie cutters. Sure, you might like Vaan the best, but other than his backstory, there's nothing truly unique about him if you go this route.

Instead, I'd like to see a return to the class/job system, with some flexibility. Give each character a starting class; Warrior, Soldier, Thief, maybe magician (I'll address magic a bit later) and then give them the ability through some mechanic to evolve their starting class. Warrior could start you on the path to Paladin or Dark Knight. Soldier could start you on the path to Commando or Infiltrator. Thief could evolve into a Ninja.

In addition, you could gain the ability to evolve classes with aspects of another class. Leveled your Warrior to a Paladin, or your Soldier to a Commando? Add Commando to the Paladin and gain a paladin who can use gunblades rather than normal swords. Add Ninja to your Infiltrator and gain a commando who can double-wield ninja swords, or equip monk claws rather than use a gun (or go the other route and have your thief dual wielding pistols.)

The important thing is that each character evolves uniquely, but retains some aspect of their starting class. Your theif might become a viable front-line combat specialist, but he won't be able to match a power-levelled warrior. Your knight might evolve in a strait line, being able to tank and deal damage in the middle of a melee, but your evolved soldier will be sitting back dealing high damage with pistols/rifles (depending on route taken) but not be as hardy when it comes to taking damage.

Sounds a bit like the crystarium, but no character would be able to replicate the end product of class evolution. And weapons would be determined by class.

Now, for true customization, I think a materia/magic crystal system would work well. FFVI style magic learning wasn't terrible, but I preffered the materia system from FFVII. Either way give you the ability to graft the sort of magic you want to your character. Class could effect this; Paladins could learn white magic more easily and Dark Knights might have an easier time learning black magic. Or, just stay with the job class determining magical ability. Basic classes other than magicians (of whatever variety) don't gain magic until they up their class. This would help keep each character unique, though it might be a problem with making the party you want. I think a fusion of the two processes would probably result in the best effect.

Add in accessories and you get the ability to give new combat obtions to classes. Genji gloves could give a Warrior the ability to dual wield, offering could add to his max number of attacks per command.

Now, add in customizable armor and weapons. FFVIII and FFXIII's weapon upgrade systems... well, I can't say anything nice about them. Especially XIII (I don't mind some grinding, but if I have to stop for several days to grind out the items necessary to build up several million gil per weapon, that takes a lot of the fun out of the game.) Ideally, I'd like to see an upgrade system like the one from Vagrant Story. (Which I was suprised not to see in FFXII, since the dev teams were pretty much identical.) You gain weapons and pieces of weapons, break them down and build them up any way you want. Not much more to say to this. Armor could work the same way. Take a standard character's beginning look. As you gain pieces of armor, you alter their armor and their appearance changes slightly to match. Your characters still look like they did at the beginning, but their clothing is slightly different. Or forget the appearence aspect, and just go with the customizable armor. Either way would be a refreshing change.

I've always preferred full-party control, which FFXIII did away with. If this trend continues to XV, I'd at least like to see some unique possibilites added for your controlled character (and I'm not talking about Eidolons.) You're playing a warrior/commando? Add in the ability to build up hit chains with input commands. Legend of Dragoon did this, and with tweaking, it could work for an FF game. In fact, FFVI did so with Sabin's martial arts.

Last but not least: limit breaks. Got to get them back.

That's all I've got for now. Please feel free to add in your own wishlist :)

alanman178
18th May 2013, 14:14
I've typed this in a few other threads already, but I'd like to see less "Movie" and more "Videogame" in a new FF game. The more CGI that's crammed onto the disc, the less content there will be for us to mess around with. I want FF15 to be a "Videogame". Not a "Movie". Heck, SE could at least bring back the "Steal" command. I mean, come on! lol They've been throwing things out of the series for about 12 years now.

Up until FF10, I never thought about posting any comments anywhere or writing to the company about anything. I really had no problems with the FF series. There were some things in some of the games that I thought could've been implemented better. But, I was never upset enough to make myself be heard about it. I didn't start posting until after FF13-2 was released. I just felt it was time. lol

I just hope FF15 isn't built like FF13 or FF13-2 because, that's not the direction I'd like to see the series go in. I don't think those games were 'bad'. They just didn't make me feel like I was playing a "Final Fantasy" game. They are the only games in the series that I felt glad about being over when I finished the storylines. I hated feeling that way. That's why I'm here.... posting away. lol

Busterstrife
4th Jun 2013, 21:25
I think they should create a final fantasy revolving around the different mage types they have created over the years.

Picture two worlds in close proximity to one another. Similar to 13. But on one world it is technologically advanced and the other much more nature oriented. Once again, like 13. However on the savage land, the population is made up of the black mages, with maybe a small minority as white mages. They stay secluded and try not to interfere in a war that has been raging for the past 100 years between the two worlds; ever since a third world that used to rotate along this tiny orbit had been destroyed. Blasted to tiny magical meteorites that both rained down on each planet and the majority circle each planet now like rings. The technologically advanced world could never use magic. It's race was merely human, but with these magical meteorites they can now forge magical weapons and they have become blue mages or gun mages if you will.

The war started because of the destruction of this third world, annihilating its now extinct race of red mages. Having the power of both black and white, yet nearly twice stronger than both. Both worlds think the other committed this terrible act through either fear of stronger magic or simply magic itself.

The main character has enlisted as a blue mage soldier and the game opens on him blasting off to fight his first battle alongside a childhood friend that enlisted with him. Upon landing, they join the troops there in trying to take down a black mage temple, where they have been sent to obtain a very powerful magic stone. The first battle will introduce a fiery captain who leads the rookies into the temple. During the fight, former mentioned childhood friend will be killed by the monstrous black mage boss and spark a powerful flame within the main character in the form of true magic, probably in the form of a limit break, great to have in a battle, but confusing as blue mages hold no magic on their own. It would later be discovered that he is part blue/part black.

Before the blue mages can return to their world, their transportation will be destroyed by the boss mage. Forcing them to go to the sole white mage village nearby to ask for help in magically repairing the ship. (Maybe not a ship, I kind of imagine something like towering cannons that shoot pods to and from each planet. The blue planet would have many, but only one on the black for returns. I say this because I don't want the game to be too sci-fi, closer to ff7 technology would suit better i feel.)

You now have your main character, the fiery captain, and at the white mage village will pick up a pretty yet bossy and condescending white mage woman to repair the cannon. A love interest here would go well. One that starts off very rough and slowly evolves.

When returning to repair the cannon, you find the troops under attack. By the time the white mage repairs the cannon there is only one pod full of people left anyway. They take her for her safety and blast back to the blue world.

Here you will learn many things. Like the magic rock they got will be used to summon magical creatures and the blue mages plan on using them to destroy the black mages. Also the governments disdain toward any magical people, those they feel they cannot fully control. You learn this as they thank you for your help in the war by imprisoning you and the white mage for having powers.

The captain will break you free and you spend the next portion of the game thwarting the blue government. You help the black mages, who I might mention should still be human, that black face yellow eyes they have should be battle gear to intimidate their enemy. You will pick up more outcasts along the way for your party, as you do in every final fantasy. I always like the animal characters to add some diversity. Probably some dark depressing character similar to Vincent ff7.

Eventually you come in between a battle between black's leader and someone high up in blue's ranks. You discover that the leader of black, a old frail man, is actually a red mage from the forgotten world. The sole survivor of the destruction and coincidentally the person that committed the atrocity; under duress I might add, by the the blue government. His sole purpose for living has been to destroy the blue world like they destroyed his. Upon learning his true identity, you find him not so frail and kind anymore. I picture a master roshi type character with the composure and feel of sephiroth. Deranged and willing to do anything to exact his revenge. He becomes your worst enemy, after he took you under his wing up to this point in the game.

Everything from this point forward towards the final battle between teacher and student. The fate of the worlds in your hands. Will you and your family of misfits be able to stop him and his few black mage followers that knew the endgame from the beginning.

I hope you like the idea. I have to speak frankly; for someone that loves ff, they have been struggling so much lately. Use a storyline like this, bring back the freedom of open world. Let us explore and emerse ourselves in the worlds of final fantasy once more and you'll probably finally be able to topple ff7 sales. If you strike gold, you don't leave the mountain and strike elsewhere. Use what worked and simply make it a new storyline, the graphics will amaze, the feel of final fantasy will once more be there and this generation can actually appreciate what changed the way I look at gaming growing up.

Thanks for reading - one of many who wants ff back to its roots

Busterstrife
4th Jun 2013, 21:27
I think they should create a final fantasy revolving around the different mage types they have created over the years.

Picture two worlds in close proximity to one another. Similar to 13. But on one world it is technologically advanced and the other much more nature oriented. Once again, like 13. However on the savage land, the population is made up of the black mages, with maybe a small minority as white mages. They stay secluded and try not to interfere in a war that has been raging for the past 100 years between the two worlds; ever since a third world that used to rotate along this tiny orbit had been destroyed. Blasted to tiny magical meteorites that both rained down on each planet and the majority circle each planet now like rings. The technologically advanced world could never use magic. It's race was merely human, but with these magical meteorites they can now forge magical weapons and they have become blue mages or gun mages if you will.

The war started because of the destruction of this third world, annihilating its now extinct race of red mages. Having the power of both black and white, yet nearly twice stronger than both. Both worlds think the other committed this terrible act through either fear of stronger magic or simply magic itself.

The main character has enlisted as a blue mage soldier and the game opens on him blasting off to fight his first battle alongside a childhood friend that enlisted with him. Upon landing, they join the troops there in trying to take down a black mage temple, where they have been sent to obtain a very powerful magic stone. The first battle will introduce a fiery captain who leads the rookies into the temple. During the fight, former mentioned childhood friend will be killed by the monstrous black mage boss and spark a powerful flame within the main character in the form of true magic, probably in the form of a limit break, great to have in a battle, but confusing as blue mages hold no magic on their own. It would later be discovered that he is part blue/part black.

Before the blue mages can return to their world, their transportation will be destroyed by the boss mage. Forcing them to go to the sole white mage village nearby to ask for help in magically repairing the ship. (Maybe not a ship, I kind of imagine something like towering cannons that shoot pods to and from each planet. The blue planet would have many, but only one on the black for returns. I say this because I don't want the game to be too sci-fi, closer to ff7 technology would suit better i feel.)

You now have your main character, the fiery captain, and at the white mage village will pick up a pretty yet bossy and condescending white mage woman to repair the cannon. A love interest here would go well. One that starts off very rough and slowly evolves.

When returning to repair the cannon, you find the troops under attack. By the time the white mage repairs the cannon there is only one pod full of people left anyway. They take her for her safety and blast back to the blue world.

Here you will learn many things. Like the magic rock they got will be used to summon magical creatures and the blue mages plan on using them to destroy the black mages. Also the governments disdain toward any magical people, those they feel they cannot fully control. You learn this as they thank you for your help in the war by imprisoning you and the white mage for having powers.

The captain will break you free and you spend the next portion of the game thwarting the blue government. You help the black mages, who I might mention should still be human, that black face yellow eyes they have should be battle gear to intimidate their enemy. You will pick up more outcasts along the way for your party, as you do in every final fantasy. I always like the animal characters to add some diversity. Probably some dark depressing character similar to Vincent ff7.

Eventually you come in between a battle between black's leader and someone high up in blue's ranks. You discover that the leader of black, a old frail man, is actually a red mage from the forgotten world. The sole survivor of the destruction and coincidentally the person that committed the atrocity; under duress I might add, by the the blue government. His sole purpose for living has been to destroy the blue world like they destroyed his. Upon learning his true identity, you find him not so frail and kind anymore. I picture a master roshi type character with the composure and feel of sephiroth. Deranged and willing to do anything to exact his revenge. He becomes your worst enemy, after he took you under his wing up to this point in the game.

Everything from this point forward towards the final battle between teacher and student. The fate of the worlds in your hands. Will you and your family of misfits be able to stop him and his few black mage followers that knew the endgame from the beginning.

I hope you like the idea. I have to speak frankly; for someone that loves ff, they have been struggling so much lately. Use a storyline like this, bring back the freedom of open world. Let us explore and emerse ourselves in the worlds of final fantasy once more and you'll probably finally be able to topple ff7 sales. If you strike gold, you don't leave the mountain and strike elsewhere. Use what worked and simply make it a new storyline, the graphics will amaze, the feel of final fantasy will once more be there and this generation can actually appreciate what changed the way I look at gaming growing up.

Thanks for reading - one of many who wants ff back to its roots

member_10247755
13th Jun 2013, 14:21
@Spartan749
That type of story could definitely be accomplished. Perhaps the deity of light could be seeking to purify the world. However, unbeknownst to the people of the nation/religion, this deity has determined that all of mankind is innately evil and that the world can not truly be pure while they exist. Shifting the balance of power so far from darkness, the deity sees the promise of a complete utopia within it's grasp once it has cleansed the planet by fire. The deity would know that eternal peace could be achieved once mankind is extinct.

Is that what you're going for?

Jfdelman
19th Jun 2013, 22:20
Call me whatever you want, but FF has lost its charm. I haven't spoken about this series in a positive light in a very long time, and while reading a six month old blog on a ps site I felt the need to find this forum, sign up, and discuss. The blog talked about Squares phantom fans, which I never thought of, but is true. They aren't very many new fans to this series, what you have is an old fan base that is huge, but you are dwindling this fan base down, and quick.

Here are some fixes that could be great, and if you guys don't want to do it, the. Why don't you break off a team to release old school jrpgs on psn or xbl?

#1 please no more voice acting! Even if it was naughty dog level, we don't need it. People want to use their imagination for these characters, let them!

#2 no more music with lyrics! Bring back orchestrated music that fits with the tone of scenes.

#3 please bring back prerendered backgrounds and fixes camera angles, tell us the story from a certain angle.

#4 we need a world map, with towns, caves, oceans, hidden cities, mountains, etc. we also need shops in these towns.

#5 bring back some charm! Make super deformed Pixar like characters with these news powerful machines that can produce Pixar like animations. Imagine the ff 9 cast with today's tech, its fantasy and charm at its finest.

#6 return to turn based atb battles! And please bring back random encounters, nothin like being low on items and having to scrap when you get caught into a battle.

#7 please listen to your fans, the ones that are dwindling release after release, these games do not need ultra realistic graphics!!!!! If you just mad an old school ff game it would sell extremely well, granted you guys also make it a good story and pull in good reviews.

I love ff, but as I said, I haven't even thought about buying a ff game since 9. I don't talk about ff in a positive manner anymore. I used to take my brand new ff games to school just to read the booklets and show my friends who werent I to these games, and they all became hooked! I miss these games.

squallionheart
19th Jun 2013, 23:09
Call me whatever you want, but FF has lost its charm. I haven't spoken about this series in a positive light in a very long time, and while reading a six month old blog on a ps site I felt the need to find this forum, sign up, and discuss. The blog talked about Squares phantom fans, which I never thought of, but is true. They aren't very many new fans to this series, what you have is an old fan base that is huge, but you are dwindling this fan base down, and quick.

Here are some fixes that could be great, and if you guys don't want to do it, the. Why don't you break off a team to release old school jrpgs on psn or xbl?

#1 please no more voice acting! Even if it was naughty dog level, we don't need it. People want to use their imagination for these characters, let them!

#2 no more music with lyrics! Bring back orchestrated music that fits with the tone of scenes.

#3 please bring back prerendered backgrounds and fixes camera angles, tell us the story from a certain angle.

#4 we need a world map, with towns, caves, oceans, hidden cities, mountains, etc. we also need shops in these towns.

#5 bring back some charm! Make super deformed Pixar like characters with these news powerful machines that can produce Pixar like animations. Imagine the ff 9 cast with today's tech, its fantasy and charm at its finest.

#6 return to turn based atb battles! And please bring back random encounters, nothin like being low on items and having to scrap when you get caught into a battle.

#7 please listen to your fans, the ones that are dwindling release after release, these games do not need ultra realistic graphics!!!!! If you just mad an old school ff game it would sell extremely well, granted you guys also make it a good story and pull in good reviews.

I love ff, but as I said, I haven't even thought about buying a ff game since 9. I don't talk about ff in a positive manner anymore. I used to take my brand new ff games to school just to read the booklets and show my friends who werent I to these games, and they all became hooked! I miss these games.

Oh my god, your that Mortero guy from ign, that keeps spamming every FF article about how FF sucks after 9 and you wont stop spamming till they give you YOUR FF back. LOL even if its not you give it a break guy how the heck are they suppose to do what your talking about with todays powerful consoles??? its impossible, the only reason they were like that in the first place was cause weak tech, archaic hardware!

Jfdelman
20th Jun 2013, 00:04
With the power of each generation it would become easier and easier to do what I mentioned. Ni no kuni pulled it off with no problems and a smaller team and budget.

Ariies
20th Jun 2013, 00:52
With the power of each generation it would become easier and easier to do what I mentioned. Ni no kuni pulled it off with no problems and a smaller team and budget.

Ni no kuni is not Final Fantasy. I applaud Square for their advancement in the series. If they wanted the same old thing, they would make it. Capcom did it for megaman(not that I was happy about that). I wish they didnt give up the rights for xenogears. FFI thru FFIX were great for what they were. It's great to have an opinion, but don't assume everyone...or the majority for that matter wants what you like.

sleepyeyes
20th Jun 2013, 01:34
Good grief. Spoken like a man who wants to make *certain* the fan base doesn't grow.

moooka
20th Jun 2013, 02:57
Bravely Default is turn-based and has prerendered backgrounds. It has a world map too. If you don't play games on handhelds, you're missing a lot.

rottenaqua
20th Jun 2013, 05:04
All I got from OP was WE WE WE WE WE

WE are not one. WE aren't you.

WE don't feel the same way.

So stop speaking on the behalf of the entire fanbase.

It's just you.

gyigyo2
20th Jun 2013, 08:13
Call me whatever you want, but FF has lost its charm. I haven't spoken about this series in a positive light in a very long time, and while reading a six month old blog on a ps site I felt the need to find this forum, sign up, and discuss. The blog talked about Squares phantom fans, which I never thought of, but is true. They aren't very many new fans to this series, what you have is an old fan base that is huge, but you are dwindling this fan base down, and quick. Here are some fixes that could be great, and if you guys don't want to do it, the. Why don't you break off a team to release old school jrpgs on psn or xbl? #1 please no more voice acting! Even if it was naughty dog level, we don't need it. People want to use their imagination for these characters, let them! #2 no more music with lyrics! Bring back orchestrated music that fits with the tone of scenes. #3 please bring back prerendered backgrounds and fixes camera angles, tell us the story from a certain angle. #4 we need a world map, with towns, caves, oceans, hidden cities, mountains, etc. we also need shops in these towns. #5 bring back some charm! Make super deformed Pixar like characters with these news powerful machines that can produce Pixar like animations. Imagine the ff 9 cast with today's tech, its fantasy and charm at its finest. #6 return to turn based atb battles! And please bring back random encounters, nothin like being low on items and having to scrap when you get caught into a battle. #7 please listen to your fans, the ones that are dwindling release after release, these games do not need ultra realistic graphics!!!!! If you just mad an old school ff game it would sell extremely well, granted you guys also make it a good story and pull in good reviews. I love ff, but as I said, I haven't even thought about buying a ff game since 9. I don't talk about ff in a positive manner anymore. I used to take my brand new ff games to school just to read the booklets and show my friends who werent I to these games, and they all became hooked! I miss these games.

OHHHHHH How about NO!?

Jfdelman
20th Jun 2013, 09:25
Didn't realize this site was mostly filled with the newer generation of ff fans. Well how would you feel if your favorite game changed for the worse? If you like ff now, how would you feel waking up tomorrow and it being turn based? That's what happened to all the fans. I say "we" because that's the fan base and what most of us want, it's very few who like this new direction, and sales are proving that. I can't tell if a god of war game or Dante's I get is a new ff or not.

Jfdelman
20th Jun 2013, 09:28
And I only used we twice in that whole statement. Not sure what you were reading.

Jfdelman
20th Jun 2013, 09:32
Jay- the fan base will never return to its peak from the psOne days, sorry just won't happen. People enjoyed what the games were then. The jrpg is actually dying, while square thought it was dying before and tries making changes, its ironic that they are killing it. The fans are leaving and fast. The only way for it to grow is to become the game it was l, you know the one for the first nine entries, when there wasn't any problems and jrpgs were being pumped out feverishly and consumed by so many people.

Ariies
20th Jun 2013, 12:17
Didn't realize this site was mostly filled with the newer generation of ff fans. Well how would you feel if your favorite game changed for the worse? If you like ff now, how would you feel waking up tomorrow and it being turn based? That's what happened to all the fans. I say "we" because that's the fan base and what most of us want, it's very few who like this new direction, and sales are proving that. I can't tell if a god of war game or Dante's I get is a new ff or not.

Jay- the fan base will never return to its peak from the psOne days, sorry just won't happen. People enjoyed what the games were then. The jrpg is actually dying, while square thought it was dying before and tries making changes, its ironic that they are killing it. The fans are leaving and fast. The only way for it to grow is to become the game it was l, you know the one for the first nine entries, when there wasn't any problems and jrpgs were being pumped out feverishly and consumed by so many people.

Its not that this site is filled with "newer generation" fans. I will always love what the older FF were about. Times change, ppl change, things change. We may be fans, but we are at the whims of the creator. There have been alot of things that change for the worst. Can not do anything about that. We accept, we move on. If the creators pick up on it, they will decide what their next coarse of action is. It's their money, our entertainment. We can't say that sales are dropping because the games are not what they were back then. Different time, different reasons. I understand your passion, but its highly relative. Jrpg's are not dying, less are being released in NA for sure, but for sure not dying. Most Americans have a different "playing sense" than the Japanese.

selodaoc
22nd Jun 2013, 14:09
Totally agree with you OP. So many things that made the series good are now gone and replaced with dmc/gow systems

alanman178
22nd Jun 2013, 15:29
@SELO

I understand what you mean.... FF15 does look DMC-ish. It looks like a lot of fun for a lot of people. But, I'd like to see an expansive world with lots of content. Lately, I've had to throw in the older games just to get my FF "fix". Some people have certain "tastes" when it comes to gaming. Especially when it involves a "series". I can't just mindlessly enjoy anything a company throws at me.

nicovik
1st Jul 2013, 03:29
I can say for certain that no one on this forum does not know the FF series and I can also say fro certain that it was the reason why most of hours came to know about and love SquEnix. Another thing I can also say without a doubt is that most people on this forum are disappointed with the current state of the FF franchise. So instead of waiting for SquEnix to get its house in order (where the FF series is concerned) I thought it would be a good idea to have you, yes you FF fans (FFF) tell them how to do their job. So why don't you jot down what you think could put the spring back in your favourite franchise's step and then sit back and cross your fingers and hope the guys at SquEnix are listening.

AkiraJr
1st Jul 2013, 05:16
I for one have been a fan of the series since the debut on the NES. However, I do miss some of the brief, yet awesome ideas behind some of the weapons, magic, and summons. For example, having slots in weapons, that you could put Materia in. Or the suprise of not knowing when you were going to be attacked, or by whom. Also, I miss some of the older story lines, where it was more about the adventure, and less about love interests. Don't get me wrong, the love interest can be there, but don't overpower with it. Just some thoughts, based on the title, and things missed from the older games in the series.

sleepyeyes
1st Jul 2013, 07:03
In a word, take cues (again) from FFVII. I just started playing that game from the beginning, since the beta weekend ended and I needed my FF fix. Beautiful graphics, an open world (even more achievable under the PS4), random battles, turn-based combat, a gorgeous soundtrack, and a story worth telling. Give us characters we love so dearly that if they are killed off, we hurt a little inside.

SE tried with XIII, and I'm not one of those who hates Lightning, but it was a misfire. I kind of hated XIII, but not really for Lightning's sake. But the maps were horrible, the open world was closed again, and combat could be achieved by just mashing the x button, once your paradigm was set. Don't get me wrong; I can spam fire spells with the best of them. But, in VII (and VIII, and IX, and X, and XII) I felt like more of a tactician than a brawler. Let's get back to that.

XIV is definitely a step in the right direction. Targeting is kind of weird, but on the whole, there is a lot to love about that game. I hope to be playing it for years, and making it an MMO was the way to go. But, I hope that XV isn't an MMO. I hope it comes on 2 blu-rays. I hope it looks back towards what we love about the old FF games, and forward towards the amazing benefits of next-gen console technology.

Final Fantasy VII was a blockbuster hit, outselling all of its predecessors and its successors. SE, your best days cannot be behind you.

gyigyo2
1st Jul 2013, 15:15
'What (in your opinion) can be done to improve the ff series? '

First of all give the FF franchise to EIDOS/Crystal Dynamics and make AGNIS PHILOSOPHY to a game (but i know this all never gonna happening)

2nd DO NOT MAKE idiot sequels. VERSUS world is epic!? ohh yeah sure...the game is not out yet but is a TRILOGY.FF15 aka VS13 just an overhyped trailer/game nothing more.

Hoenhiem-J
1st Jul 2013, 16:53
Well I think that some things that could be done would be an improvement on side quests. For example, in many of the previous FF games (such as IV, VII, and others) there have been many things to do besides the story, which is why I think that XIII and its sequel are hard to play. There are bonus weapons that can be found, ultimate versions of weapons, secret bosses (that were challenging) and so on. I would like to see more extra things included in new games the way they were in the old ones. That being said, I would also like towns to be returned. XIII basically had no towns (and no Inns) but what we saw of places like Nautilus were amazing, it sucks that they wasted the potential of it. I enjoyed FF XIII only becuase of the battle system, but even in XIII-2 there was nothing to test my strength against (unless I paid extra). SOO ultimately I think secret weapons, skills, places, and bosses would be well recieved.

alanman178
1st Jul 2013, 20:28
I think the new FF games would have a better chance at being loved by both the new and the old fans if SE approached the entire series with the same mindset they have toward the remasters of FF10 and FF10-2. They are working hard to make the games enjoyable for the new FF gamers while trying not to ruin them for the fans of the original titles. I know they aren't newly-developed titles, but once again, I think they need to approach the entire series with that mindset. They can't please 'everyone'. But, they can please 'almost' everyone.

@Justin

I know what you mean about Nautilus. I remember when I first arrived there. I was actually excited because, I thought SE was going to show me a tribute to the "Gold Saucer". But, that place was just another "rest-area" in the game. Go in, take a pee, then back on the road we go. lol

nicovik
2nd Jul 2013, 01:23
I agree with you on the materia system, that was a game all its own. But I'm not sure about the turn based combat part, I mean can you imagine a game with photo realistic graphics and motion capture with a turn based combat system?

nicovik
2nd Jul 2013, 01:28
Lol for wishing for an FF game that would come on multiple Blu Ray disks, that would be cool if only for nostalgia's sake. As for FFVII I think they need to ban any topic that has the phrase "FFVII" because the fans and the company have to move on and look forward to an FF game that surpasses FFVII.

nicovik
2nd Jul 2013, 01:41
'What (in your opinion) can be done to improve the ff series? '

First of all give the FF franchise to EIDOS/Crystal Dynamics and make AGNIS PHILOSOPHY to a game (but i know this all never gonna happening)

2nd DO NOT MAKE idiot sequels. VERSUS world is epic!? ohh yeah sure...the game is not out yet but is a TRILOGY.FF15 aka VS13 just an overhyped trailer/game nothing more.

@GYIGYO I couldn't agree with you more. I think me and you have the same idea about where we would like to see the franchise go. When I first saw the Agni's Philosophy tech demo I was very excited because it seemed like SquEnix had finally gotten their act together and were getting set to make an FF game that would surpass FFVII, but then came E3 and FF versus XII.. or sorry FFXV and I just face palmed all over again. I mean wasn't there enough hype behind the Agni's Philosophy tech demo for SquEnix to realise that, that was the kind of FF game fans wanted? ARE THEY EVEN LISTENING TO WHAT FANS ARE SAYING!??

As for FFXV don't get me started. I don't understand how fans just whole heartedly swallowed the fact that we were being given a game which was set for release on the PS3, on the PS4. Personally I wanted to leave the Fabula Nova Crystalis saga on PS3 and hoped for something fresh and new on the PS4.

nicovik
2nd Jul 2013, 01:50
@Justin True. FF games used to be the most interactive games of their times, I remember I would spend hours just messing around with some mini game, like shooting hoops at Gold Saucer, kicking the ball at the beach, playing the card game on FFIX or treasure hunting with ma Chocobo, or side missions like dressing up as a girl in FFVII, and hunting the OMega weapons etc, that was just unprecedented in video games at that time. I can't for the life of me figure out why they decided to abandon that in later games, and BTW the hunts in FFXII don't count, those were just hidden boss fights and not legit side quests.

MagiusNecros
2nd Jul 2013, 10:14
FF5 still remains the best one for me.

kainalthesar
2nd Jul 2013, 13:47
I have been a fan of the FF series since it was first released for the NES in '87. I would love to see a return to the older style where you had a vast open world with several towns to enter and explore. Now each of those towns can be part of the main quest or side quests, but allow us to do that more at our pace rather than a linear approach (as was the case in XII and XIII). I love the new style of the battle engine where it is literally done in real time, combining combos etc and think that can only be expanded upon. Some of the others have put forth the idea of a "socketing" style with weapons like was done in FFVII with the materia and I think this would give an extra real-time dynamic to the game since you could then play with monster/boss resistances.

These are just a few ideas, I'm sure I"ll have more later on.

lixingchang
2nd Jul 2013, 23:51
For me, I've been a fan of FF since their golden years. I do understand the route that the company is trying to take with their video game making (going for a more fast-paced battle system) because it attracts a broader audience in my opinion. In the long run though, I think the best way for the FF series to improve is by having great stories. For example, the KH series is one of the most renowned series and has one of the best layered stories and character development of all time. If Square Enix can replicate that idea for their FF series, that would be great. In my personal opinion, the stories were what made the series.

nicovik
4th Jul 2013, 01:09
I have been a fan of the FF series since it was first released for the NES in '87. I would love to see a return to the older style where you had a vast open world with several towns to enter and explore. Now each of those towns can be part of the main quest or side quests, but allow us to do that more at our pace rather than a linear approach (as was the case in XII and XIII). I love the new style of the battle engine where it is literally done in real time, combining combos etc and think that can only be expanded upon. Some of the others have put forth the idea of a "socketing" style with weapons like was done in FFVII with the materia and I think this would give an extra real-time dynamic to the game since you could then play with monster/boss resistances.

These are just a few ideas, I'm sure I"ll have more later on.

I'm glad you mentioned the move towards real-time comabt as a positive change to the FF series, I wanted to mention it myself but I was afraid of the backlash from other forum members (phew). I'd also like to see more real time combat, but it shouldn't be the hack 'n' slash combat of FFXIII but something a bit more tactical.

nicovik
4th Jul 2013, 01:14
For me, I've been a fan of FF since their golden years. I do understand the route that the company is trying to take with their video game making (going for a more fast-paced battle system) because it attracts a broader audience in my opinion. In the long run though, I think the best way for the FF series to improve is by having great stories. For example, the KH series is one of the most renowned series and has one of the best layered stories and character development of all time. If Square Enix can replicate that idea for their FF series, that would be great. In my personal opinion, the stories were what made the series.

@LI XING True FF stories have always been one of the key factors underpinning the success of the franchise (FFVI being the best story in my opinion).

nicovik
4th Jul 2013, 01:18
As for the subject of combat, going forward, do you think the FF series should stick to turn based combat or move more towards real time combat?

nicovik
4th Jul 2013, 01:51
As for the subject of combat, going forward, do you think the FF series should stick to turn based combat or move more towards real time combat?

member_10445977
4th Jul 2013, 03:22
Make a good story and a good battle system, it not that hard. They just being stubborn and refuse to see the fact that 13 is pure garbage, and just keep jamming it down our throats.

Meanwhile type 0 is only Japan only.....

Right

FF 6 best FF ever.

member_10687105
4th Jul 2013, 11:29
FFXIII is hardly pure garbage. While the story and lore presentation have issues and exploration is decidedly lacking, FFXIII's battle system is very good; the vast majority of its detractors never achieved competency (hint: if you think that Auto-battle is better than manual entry, or you think that you have to stagger everything, you weren't competent). It did have some flaws, but so does every battle system in the series.

Furthermore, it wouldn't take much evolution to turn FFXIII's battle system into something that almost every RPG fan would love. Add in an option for gambit-esque tweaking of AI priorities, add and improve the leader-switch option from FFXIII-2, keep FFXIII-2's faster paradigm shift animations, and make character development deeper and more customizable by using ideas from the various job class systems in the series (e.g. a Ravager development tree might include options for unlocking a Mage or Shaman subclass similar to those in RotG). This preserves the fast, strategic combat gameplay from FFXIII while adding far more tactical control and customization, as well as eliminating the much criticized leader death=game over aspect.

Would love to see type-0 localized in any case.

messimaestro
6th Jul 2013, 16:01
I think Square-Enix should go back to the root again and think of the basic setup for a world. What's the most common materia the world is made out of. Let me give a load of examples:

- sandworld (so alot of the main colour at the screen will be brown/yellowish)

- forrestworld (most of the world is covered in trees and source material for buildings is mostly wood or mud? and the inhabitants live in big treehouses or inside large trees. Maybe a little inspriration from Star Wars 6 with the woockies or w/e their name is.)

- waterworld (I like the city with the waterfalls in FFXV)

- sunworld (scorched planet and alot of yellow/orange or so, like as in The Chronicles of Riddick)

- iceworld/snowworld (speaks for itself)

- purple world (something totally radical, like all lifeforms aren't made out of carbon basicly but out of some weird purple element so most things looke purple. So as a player you experience mostly purple images. Could also be w/e kind of colour though.)

- white cities world (like as LotR with Minas Tirith?

- skyworld (cities in the sky .. maybe it's a dense gasplanet with gravity and it has no solid surface (and core) or maybe it does.

- darkworld (not really attractive for a FF game, but for some areas maybe in a game ... or just grey mostly, a world where 'death' is surrounding and it's just a vast emptyness of grey land without even rubble.

Also think of the main product buildings are made out of: wood, concrete, mud, glass, stone (what kind of?), bronze, copper, crystal or something extraordinary, perhaps a futuristic metal or plastic?

Is there a (clears) sky and what colour is it? A regular horizon? Is most of the gameplay on the surface of a planet or below because maybe above they can't live and how much solid surface on the planet? Is it even a planet or just a irregular shaped rock in weird orbitpattern around a dangerous star(s) and the inhabitants don't know any better. Meteorites are once in a while terrorizing it.

Just throwing out some ideas and hopefully it'll be of any help for the future of the FF franchise :).

Grtz.

sean1258
7th Sep 2013, 01:20
not sure if it would go here or not, and if it doesn't, let me know, but here goes: I came up with a thought while playing one of the final fantasies, and that was that wouldn't it be cool if they made movies of the games, kind of like with final fantasy vii: advent children, but with the others like final fantasy 10, 12 or 13, or any of the others. It could follow the games story line, or it could take place before, after or in between, (like with final fantasy 10 and 10-2 it could show what happened in the 2 years between the games for example). what does everyone think of this?

moooka
7th Sep 2013, 12:44
I would like that.

FantasyDreamKey
12th Sep 2013, 19:50
That's a interesting idea you have.

Here an idea I got based on Final Fantasy: All the Bravest:
A Final Fantasy rpg crossover game with all the heroes of the Final Fantasy series from 1 to 15 with the exception of 11 and 14 since you create your own heroes. This will be on the main console (Playstation 3 or Playstation 4).
Each characters will have their own abilities from their own game (example: all the FF7 characters will have materias, all FF8 characters will have GFs, FF9 characters will gain abilities through equipment and so on). They can all travel to each of their own worlds using a special airship and you can go to any place through the world map like in FF1 to 9. Also you can create your own characters like in FF11 and 14.
The visual graphics will be like Final Fantasy Dissidia. The battle gameplay will be similar to Final Fantasy 7 to 9. It will be turn-based as well as ATB (Active Time Battle) and you can have four characters in your party. You can put in your favorite characters in the party and make your dream team that you always wanted (example: Cloud, Squall, Lighting and Terra, or you can have Zell, Tifa, Basch and Vivi). You can also switch characters during the battle like in FF10 and 12. You will game over if the four active party members are all KO. There will be a new teamwork moves where certain characters can attack the enemies together with a powerful moves or spells (similar to FF4: the After Years). You can have Squall and Lighting team attack or Vaan, Zidane and Bartz team attack or Vivi, Porom and Palom team magic attack and so on. There will be a story, fun side quests and optional bosses.
You can also unlock costumes and/or skills through side quests. These are:
Cloud (in his Advent Children costume with new limit break and abilities with his fusion swords)
Yuna and Rikku (their costume and abilities from FF10-2)
Fusoya and Golbez (party members in FF4 and FF4:the After Years, are unlockable character in this game)
Seifer (guest character in FF8, is a unlockable character in this game)
Beatrix, Cinna, Marcus and Blank (guest characters in FF9, are unlockable characters in this game)
Larsa (guest character in FF12, is unlockable character in this game)
Different costumes for characters from FF4, 7, 12 and 13 (from their sequel games).
There will also be new worlds for them to explore. One of these worlds will be something similar to FF10 the Farplane where decreased characters from the Final Fantasy series will come and join the party. They can only be in your party while you are in this world. These characters are:
FF2 - Minwu, Scott, Josef and Ricard Highwind
FF4 - Tellah
FF7 - Aerith and Zack (Zack will be based on FF7:Crisis Core)
FF10 - Auron
FF12 - Reks and Reddas
FF13 - Serah
Also there will be online battles where players from around the world can fight each other in a friendly tournament or normal battle using their favorite party members.
I not sure if I got the information right or I might have missed some characters. If I did, just correct it.

And here is another idea, make an awesome Final Fantasy anime. It will be similar to Final Fantasy Dissidia where the Heroes of each Final Fantasy are sent into another world where they have to defeat the villains in order to save all the worlds. There will be conflict between the heroes as they try to work together to beat the villains. Some villains will be working together while others work alone. It will have heartwarming moments, amazing fight scenes similar to Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children and Dissidia, little funny moments to lighter up the mood and the most important story with plot twist. And it will have monsters from the Final Fantasy series as well as summons/espers/eidolons, friendly creatures chocobos and moogles and a person called Cid.

sean1258
13th Sep 2013, 01:25
that would be cool too, especially if it can be on the computer and xbox as well as the playstation 3/4. and MAYBE even have other minor charactors from all of the games too, be able to be with you and all that.

cayst3
13th Sep 2013, 16:51
I want a remake of Final Fantasy VIII

Thryian
15th Dec 2013, 00:39
First of all sorry if i am at bad english.
Second i been thinking why doesnt square enix make a final fantasy game that mix fantasy with blood war type game, i mean it would be cool seeing a final fantasy game that puts for the first time a dark story.
Serious a game the have amazing graphics, lot of action, amazing cinematics and a new great combat mod, and the time for this would be now since the release of the ps4 open a door to new oportunity in gaming.
Well i pray that you like my post since i a big time final fantasy fan since final fantasy 7 :)

P.s: i would like to see a final fantasy online game on android, i big android fan too xd

Ging_Rieper
30th Jan 2014, 12:00
Is anybody here? Hello?

Ging_Rieper
3rd Feb 2014, 14:27
I guess nobody's here..... ~sigh

gyigyo2
11th Feb 2014, 22:56
If i were Square Enix Place i would reconsider to make Agnis Philosophy to be a PS4 game with Luminous Engine (FF16) after FF15 released!
that would be my dream.

FantasyDreamKey
12th Feb 2014, 15:10
I came up with this idea when I was listening to the boss music for FF7. I put the volume up and when it reached 17, I thought what game will FF17 be like? Maybe they can re-use the characters from FF7 and put them in a new story in FF17. The same can happen with FF8-13... oh wait! This is getting complicated. Let me try to explain again.

It will be similar to the Legend of Zelda series where the main characters are the same but the stories are different in each games. They can re-use the main characters of FF7 and put them in a new game where the story is similar to the original game but with different plot twists and lot of surprises. The gameplay can be improve and I like the graphics to be similar to FF7 only with improve graphics or it can be the same as Dissidia (I mean the in game graphics, not the intro and ending movies). They can do the same with the other FF series, using the main characters and put them in a brand new story/game. Also, this can be a different franchise, branching off of the main FF series.

Class-Punk
29th Mar 2014, 13:55
I like writing fiction as a hobby, and this is my idea for the beginning of a Final Fantasy game and its main character, I would turn it into slightly longer fan-fiction if anyone would be interested in reading more of it:

He remembered the angry screaming of the monsters who had killed and scattered his family, and he woke with fear in the dark with insects crawling on his back. He did not know if others of his kind were still alive. The monsters attacked without any sense of rationality, taking fire to his tribe's homes and the woodlands. He did not understand why they had done it, nor more than a few words in their language, but he knew a name that the monsters sometimes called themselves-- humans.

FantasyDreamKey
25th Jun 2014, 15:35
I got this idea when we were watching E3 about Hyrule Warrior. This idea is also like Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts. And it’s based on my ideas that I posted before on this forum.

I’m thinking that they can do a big crossover RPG Final Fantasy style game or they could turn this into an anime. My idea is the main characters which are the heroes of the Final Fantasy series have to save their world from the villains. Some villains work together while some of them prefer to work alone. Before you ask, yes, they already had done this in Dissidia, that’s why I said that this idea is like Dissidia. The difference in this idea is that is…like an alternate universe. What I mean is…how can I say this? Just think of it like all the characters is starting from fresh. All the characters will have different story but similar to their original story in their game.

As I said before; the story is about the main 15 characters (this might increase if Square makes more Final Fantasy game) battling against the villains. Here are the profiles for the heroes:

Warrior of Light from the first Final Fantasy – A warrior of light who protect people, he gains his name from a friend.
He always keeps the others on the right track and is never fool by the villains. He can change between these classes; warrior, monk, thief, white mage, black mage and red mage.

Firion from Final Fantasy 2 – A man with a dream, he lost his parents to the war and joined the Wild Rose Rebellion to stop the fighting. He dreams of a world with no wars, only peace. He joined the Warrior of Light to help him stop the villains that threaten their world.
He is very good with different type of weapons. He’s good at building and mending weapons. He always maintains the Fantasy Warriors’ weapons whenever their weapons get damage.

Onion Knight from Final Fantasy 3 – An orphan who joined the Fantasy Warriors to train under the Warrior of Light, he is learning how to use different classes.
He is more of the thinking type, using his brain to outsmart his enemies. He promised Terra that he will protect her. He has the same classes as the Warrior of Light with these additional classes; onion knight, freelancer, scholar, ranger, geomancer, knight, evoker, bard, dragoon, devout, viking, magus, dark knight, summoner, sage and ninja.

Cecil from Final Fantasy 4 – A dark knight from Baron, he worked as a Red Wing to help the king. He questioned the king about his missions, saying that it doesn’t feel right which caused the king to send him and his best friend Kain on that fateful mission. On their way to the village, they get attack by the Warrior of Light, Firion and the Onion Knight. Able to escape from the difficult battle, Cecil and Kain made it to the village only to find out that it was a trap from the King. The village burnt down thanked to the ring they were holding and they got separate when Rydia summoned Titan which caused an earthquake. Cecil will later find Rydia and protected her from evil monsters. Just when he was outnumbered, he was saved by Warrior of Light, Firion and Onion Knight. Thanking them for their help and apologizing for the battle earlier, Cecil explained to them about his missions. The Fantasy Warriors sent Rydia to the village called Mysidia where she will learn magic. After they recruited the rest of the Fantasy Warriors, Cecil went to Mysidia where he was sent to Mount Ordeals with the Fantasy Warriors, Palom and Porom. This is where he turned into a paradin. Cecil joined the Fantasy Warriors to make amend for what he did. He will later find out about his brother Golbez and will try to help free Golbez from Zeromus who is controlling him.
Cecil is a honourable knight who will protect others. He later discovers that he is half Lunarian and half human. He learns how to make different type of potions by his son from the future when he was send to the future. He makes these unique potions to help his friends in battle.

Bartz from Final Fantasy 5 – A boy who love to travel, he joined the Fantasy Warriors because he wants to travel around the world. His best friend is Boko the chocobo.
He loves to compete in competitions with Zidane and Vaan. These competitions can be racing, tetra master, treasures hunt and so on. He has a unique ability of mimicking his friends’ weapons and abilities.

Terra from Final Fantasy 6 – A half human and half esper, she was working for the empire until she fell into a cave. She was found by Boko who lead Bartz to her. They took Terra back to the Fantasy Warriors where she joined them.
She loves moogles and is very good with children. She has the ability to change to her esper form. She is the powerful magic user in the Fantasy Warriors. She is afraid of her power and fears that it will hurt her friends.

Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 – A skilled and powerful soldier, he was found outside Midger by the Fantasy Warriors, partly comatose. Since then, he has been working as a member of the Fantasy Warriors. When he was young, he was banished from his hometown due to an incident that involved the mayor’s daughter. He joined Shinra in hope to become strong enough to protect his mum and his crush, Tifa. He has fake memories of his time as a soldier (which he doesn’t realize) and he can’t remember what happened when he first battle Sephiroth at the time of the Nibelheim incident. Cloud will never forgive Sephiroth for destroying his hometown which resulted in him losing his mother. He also hates him for hurting Tifa (and Zack which he’ll later remember). He ended up working for Sephiroth when he was told the real Cloud died and that he was created using Jenova’s cells. Attempting to get the black materia for Sephiroth, he battled the Fantasy Warriors and Avalanche who try to stop him. Ignoring Sephiroth’s order, he jumped to Tifa rescue which caused them to fall into the ocean and sway away to another place. Luckily, they were found by Aerith and Zack. With the help of Aerith, Zack and Tifa; Cloud regained his lost memory. Cloud became depressed when he realized that he gave Sephiroth the black materia. He was so depressed that he was stuck in bed, thinking how useless he is. When he found out that his friends went out to stop Sephiroth, he shake out of his guilt and depression and went after them. He arrived just in time. Cloud got very angry when he saw all his friends being beaten up by Sephiroth. He jumped into action and fought against Sephiroth. After beating Sephiroth (and Sephiroth escaped the battle), he re-joined the Fantasy Warriors to help save the world.
Because of the experiment, Cloud is a cocky and selfish person who doesn’t care about the others and always gets into fight with all the members of the Fantasy Warriors. The experiment was also responsible for obstructing Cloud’s true personality. He is actually a quiet, upbeat, shy, open-minded and soft spoken person who cares for his friends. In battle he is serious, calm and level headed. His choice of weapon is his fusion swords which can split into six swords (from Advent Children). He is the only one in the Fantasy Warriors to use Materias. He is also the strongest warrior in the Fantasy Warriors. He is very good with mechanics and is the one to build machines as well as repairing them. He even built his own motorbike, Fenrir. He loves chocobo riding and snowboarding. After regaining his true memories and personality, Cloud gets along with all the members of the Fantasy Warriors and looks after them like a big brother.

Squall from Final Fantasy 8 – An orphan who joined Garden. After a mission gone wrong, he was separate from his teammates and sent to a faraway prison. That was where he was rescue by the Fantasy Warriors. He joined the Fantasy Warriors in hope to finish his mission. He struggles between his mission and his love, Rinoa.
He is a cold person but will warm up to the members of the Fantasy Warriors. He first became friends with Bartz and Zidane. He also has a friendly rivalry with Cloud, Lightning and Noctis. He prefers to work alone but will work with his friends whenever they need his help. Squall is the first person to wield the gunblade, and is the only one to use GF (Guardian Force) and the draw ability.

Zidane from Final Fantasy 9 – A thief who was abandoned when he was a baby, he was raised by Baku, the leader of the Tantalus. Zidane met the Fantasy Warriors by chance after escaping the castle with the princess (remember what happened in Final Fantasy 9? It’s basically the same). He joined them after they escort the princess to safety. When Zidane found out the truth about himself, he shut out his friends and tried to sort out his own problem. Fortunately, all his friends helped him out, even when Zidane told them not to. Zidane went back to his own self and re-joined the Fantasy Warriors.
Cheerful and loves to help others, Zidane gets along with everyone and always try to lighter up the mood. He flirts with Terra, Lightning and Zen. His weapon is daggers which he can join together into a thief sword. Zidane is skilled in speed and stealth. Zidane is also a good actor due to the Tantalus being a theater troupe. He’s the only member of the Fantasy Warriors to go into Trance

Tidus from Final Fantasy 10 – A star blitzball player who was found by the Fantasy Warriors in the water, Tidus joined them in hope to find his home. Whenever they meet up with Yuna and her friends, Tidus will always try to help her out.
Always smiling, he helps the others and always tells them to follow their hearts. He has issues with his father. His sword, the brotherhood was given to him by his best friend, Wakka. Tidus is an excellent swimmer, able to hold his breath longer than the others. He can speak Al Bhed thank to Rikku.

Persolo, my OC based on Final Fantasy 11 – The crystal in his chest is a cursed crystal, implanted by an evil villain. He joined the Fantasy Warriors to find and stop the villain from cursing others and to remove the cursed crystal from his chest.
The cursed crystal has a strange effect on him. It changes him into different races; Galka, Elvaan, Mithra and Tarutaru. Each one of these has different personality.
In his normal Hume form, he is a straight forward kind of guy who is willing to do quests to help other people. His jobs are geomancer, bard, scholar, corsair and dragoon.
The Galka is the strong one who loves to fight and acts like a tough guy. He specializes in monk, beastmaster, Dark Knight and warrior.
Elvaan believe in his fate in everyday life. He loves nature and other beautiful things. He is gentle and has a soft attitude. His jobs are paladin, ranger, rune fencer and samurai.
Mithra love to go on adventures and will jump into action. He is also very careful and can sometime be paranoid. He specializes in ninja, dancer, puppetmaster and thief.
Tarutaru is a cowardly little guy and prefers to attack from a distance. He has a nervous type of attitude. His jobs are white mage, black mage, red mage, blue mage and summoner.
These personalities change can be quite troublesome. On one of the mission involving the Warrior of Light and Persolo, the Warrior of Light notices something weird with Persolo. When they were in a ruin, Persolo changed into a Tarutaru. He was so scared and confused that he ran and hid behind a rock. Warrior of Light was confused by his behaviour and asked Persolo what’s wrong. Persolo replied that he doesn’t remember being in a ruin. Another mission which involved Cloud was when they have to clear the area of monster. Persolo was in his Mithra form and was fighting the monsters with Cloud. Next thing that happened was Persolo changing into a Galka. Persolo in Galka form looked around confused until he saw the monsters. He yelled in delight as he loves to fight and started beating the monsters up. Cloud noticed Persolo change of attitude. After the battle, Cloud told Persolo that they were given this mission to clear this area of monsters. Persolo replied that he wasn’t there when they were given that mission which was weird since Cloud remembered that Persolo was there but in his Mithra form. When they returned back to base, Cloud told Warrior of Light about what happened and how he noticed that Persolo’s personality changed wherever he changes to a different race. When Persolo was about to go on another mission with Squall; Warrior of Light and Cloud told Squall about Persolo and asked Squall to keep an eye on him. When Squall returned from the mission, Squall told Warrior of Light and Cloud that they were right about Persolo. They all came to the conclusion that Persolo has different personalities. The personalities that are dormant have no idea what’s going on. It’s like they are asleep inside Persolo, unaware on what the active personality is doing.

Vaan from Final Fantasy 12 – A sky pirate who join the Fantasy Warriors during one of their mission. He joined them to find the person responsible for the death of his brother, Reks.
He doesn’t think before he acts which may cause some problem such as asking the wrong question or getting attention from the wrong people. He owned and flies his own airship. The only problem is that he sometimes damages his airship…or worst, loses his airship. He always gets Cloud to check and repair the airship. Vaan is overprotective of the Onion Knight and Zen, and will do his best to look after them.

Lightning from Final Fantasy 13 – A soldier turned l’cie, thanks to the Fantasy Warriors; she is able to control her l’cie power and prevent it from turning her into a monster (or crystal). She is trying to save her sister who has turned to crystal. After saving her sister with the help of her friends and the Fantasy Warriors, she set off with the Fantasy Warriors to find a way to save her two friends who turned to crystal to save Cocoon.
She doesn’t think much of the Fantasy Warriors but will later open up to them. She also has a gunblade and has the ability to summon Odin.

Zen, my OC based on Final Fantasy 14 – a young Hyur girl with special power and is around the same age as the Onion Knight. Because of her power, everybody wants to use her. She ran away and met the Fantasy Warriors who promised her that they will protect her from the people who try to use her.
She’s a lonely girl who loves to play with her dolls. She has a carefree attitude and love freedom. She eventually trusts the Fantasy Warriors, believing now that they are helping her and not using her for her power. Her power is to bring her ten dolls to life. Her ten dolls are based on different races. She has a male and female Hyur, a male and female Elezen, a male and female Lalafell, a male and female Miqo’te, and a male and female Roegadyn. Each doll has their owned strengths and weaknesses. Before bringing them to life, she can customize them into any Jobs she wants. She can even change their appearance like hair colours, eyes colours and so on. Her dolls are very small but when she brings them to life, they magical change into full size people. She uses her power to give command to her dolls. She can bring all ten of her dolls to life, however, that will require her to focus really hard to control all her dolls and making sure they don’t take too much damage from enemies. For this reason, she usually brings three or four of her dolls to life in battle. She always carries her dolls in her bags everywhere she goes. She is also very fashionable and love to create outfits for the Fantasy Warriors. And she is a romantic, always trying to pair off her friends with their true loves and setting them up on a date (usually without the others knowing that they are going on a date). She did this to Cecil with Rosa, Cloud with Tifa, Squall with Rinoa (not knowing that Rinoa was dating Seifer), Zidane with Garnet, Tidus with Yuna, and Vaan with Penelo. Those were awkward moments but at least they had a great time on their dates. She also matches other people as well.

Noctis from Final Fantasy 15 – A prince who joined the Fantasy Warriors after his kingdom was attacked.
Usually depressed but lighter up whenever the others try to cheer him up, he is a man who cared for his kingdom and his people.

The Fantasy Warriors are the group of heroes, protecting the world from villains and monsters. Formed when a special crystal got attacked, the first member to be recruited was the Warrior of Light. After that, it’s Firion, then the Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Persolo, Vaan, Lightning, Zen and then Noctis. Their base is a special flying airship that can travel to every place in the world, even to space and the underground world.

Note: I only played 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13 so I don’t know what the other heroes and villains are like. I will base 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 on Dissdia. 11 and 14 will be my OCs based on characters from those games. The personalities for the rest of the heroes and villains are based on their personality in their own games. Noctis on the other hand…I have no idea what he is like…and I don’t even know the villain.
Also, I changed some of their ages to suit this story. Onion Knight and Zen being the youngest of the Fantasy Warriors (Onion Knight’s age is the same as Dissidia). Cloud is the oldest, being 19 years old. The others are between 16 to 18 years old.

Here are the villains’ profiles:

Garland from the first Final Fantasy – His story will be the same as Final Fantasy only a bit different to suit this story (sorry about this, I never play this game).

Emperor from Final Fantasy 2 – just see above (sorry for lack of story/background, again, I never play this game).

Cloud of Darkness from Final Fantasy 3 – It came out when someone nearly destroy the world. It will send everything back to the darkness. It will work with any one of the villains and it is intrigued by others’ behaviours.

Golbez from Final Fantasy 4 - Always wearing his armour, Golbez specializes in magic. After being defeated by the Fantasy Warriors first time, he reveals that he is Cecil’s brother before he got mind control again. He wants to help his brother but can’t due to Zeromus controlling him. Zeromus is feeding him dark thoughts that cause him to give in to the darkness.
A caring brother, he looks intimidating on the outside. When control by Zeromus, he is a scary and evil guy who manipulates others to do his evil deeds.

ExDeath from Final Fantasy 5 – A tree that turn evil due to the evil it imprisoned, it wants to send everything to the void.

Kefka from Final Fantasy 6 – A clown-like person who love destruction. He was experiment on by the empire. He became insane when he was imbued with the Esper’s power.

Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7 – Known as the most powerful soldier in Shinra, he was a hero until he suddenly disappeared in one of his missions. The true is that he went insane when he discovered his mother, Jenova. He was then defeated by Cloud and was thrown into the Lifestream. Sephiroth was able to survive in the Lifestream by focusing on his hatred of Cloud which stops him from being absorbed by the Lifestream. Sephiroth was able to escape the Lifestream when an unknown earthquake shaken the ground which caused the Lifestream to pushed Sephiroth out onto the surface. Since then, Sephiroth been training himself with the new found knowledge he gained from the Lifestream. He is even able to cast magic without the use of materias. He is shocked to learn that Cloud survived his attack and is working with the Fantasy Warriors. He still can’t believe that Cloud who was a weak infantryman has beaten him, a powerful First Class Soldier. Discovering that Cloud lost his memory, he used that to his advantage and manipulating Cloud into believing that he was an experiment created by scientists. He was able to get the black materia before Cloud regained his memory. He always gets in the Fantasy Warriors’ way, especially Cloud. The Fantasy Warriors think that Sephiroth is trying to gain powers by absorbing the Lifestream. Sephiroth hides his true intention which is to take his revenge on Cloud and to make him suffers for his first defeat back at Nibelheim.
Being the strongest soldier in the world, he is overly confident and arrogant. He is graceful, calm, collected, cold and ruthless. He is also insane, murderous, cruel and vengeful. He enjoys torturing Cloud both mentally and physically. He always toys with his enemies, never fight at his full potential. He keeps training himself so that one day he can be able to defeat Cloud.

Ultimecia from Final Fantasy 8 – A sorceress from the future who is now trap in this timeline. She tried to cause time compression so that she can rule everything but failed when Laguna and his friends intervened. This caused Ultimecia to be trap in their time. She is trying to cause another time compression by using her powers and manipulating other sorceresses. She is also looking for Ellone so that she can use her power to cause time compression.
She is full of hatred and resentment, and her past remain a mystery. She worked well with the Emperor (from Final Fantasy 2) as well as Seymour and Vayne.

Kuja from Final Fantasy 9 – A Genome created to help the Planet, Terra, by provoking wars. He wants to rule both worlds and do so by manipulating everybody.
Because he has no childhood, he doesn’t feel remorse for his actions and doesn’t empathize with others. He is a narcissistic who has a love for luxury. Over time he will develop emotions that he never experience before. He also later develops a brotherly relationship with his brother Zidane.

Seymour from Final Fantasy 10 – A half human and half Guado, after having his first taste of power, he become power hungry and wants to seek more power. He pretended to help Yuna in her quest to defeat Sin but is actually trying to become Sin himself. Thanks to his unsent father, the Fantasy Warriors found out the truth about Seymour and warned Yuna about his evil plan. They defeat Seymour but Seymour was able to escape with his life when his fateful servant came to stop the fight.

…? I have no idea who the villain is/are for Final Fantasy 11.

Vayne from Final Fantasy 12 – Became the next ruler of the Empire of Archadia after his father passed away, rumours has it that he murdered his father and his two older brothers. He started the war in order to better his kingdom. When the Fantasy Warriors exposed Vayne’s plan to Ashe, Larsa and the others; they worked together to defeat Vayne. Vayne became powerful due to the nethicite. After his defeat, Larsa tried to save him but couldn’t as the nethicite explode. Vayne was believed to have died in that explosion but has escaped alive. He now works in hiding, protecting Larsa and his kingdom. His other goal is to free their destinies from the Occurias who he believed has no rights to control their lives.
He has a soft spot for his little brother, Larsa, and will do anything to protect him. He will do anything for his kingdom even worked with other villains.

Barthandelus from Final Fantasy 13 – A Fal’cie disguised in human form. His main goal is to bring the creators back by sacrificing all the people on Cocoon. After his plan failed, he works with the other villains to bring the creators back.

…? Again I had no idea what to do for the villain of Final Fantasy 14…and I have no idea on Final Fantasy 15.

Note: Same thing with the villains, I’m changing some of their ages. Kuja is the youngest while the other villains are 18 – 22 years old except for Barthandelus, Ultimeria, Cloud of Darkness and ExDeath.

World map – The world is made up of four layers. The bottom layer has towns from Final Fantasy 1, 2 and 3. The second has towns from Final Fantasy 4, 5 and 6. The third layer has towns from Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9. The top layer has towns from Final Fantasy 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15. There’s also an underground world which has towns from Final Fantasy 4.
Each Final Fantasy has its own country (i.e. all the towns from Final Fantasy 1 is in one country, all the towns in Final Fantasy 7 is in one country, and so on) except for Final Fantasy 11, 13, 14 and 15. Final Fantasy 11 and 14 are in the same country while 13 and 15 are together in another country.

The rest of the party members from each game also appear in here with similar story to their own games. Any characters that died in their original games will not die in this story. Instead, they will move away from their home country and move to a different country.
Note: as I said before, I never play 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 11, and 14. Because of this I can’t come up with any good story for them.

Final Fantasy 4:

Kain – Cecil’s best friend, Kain is willing to sacrifice his love for Rosa so that his best friends can be happy together. Golbez used Kain’s feeling to control him into doing his evil deeds.

Rosa – Cecil’s love, she went in search for Cecil when he has gone missing during one of the mission. She fell ill while traveling. Luckily, Cecil came into town where she is resting. With the help of his friends, the Fantasy Warriors, they found the cure and cure Rosa. Knowing that it will be dangerous for Rosa to travel with him and the Fantasy Warriors, Cecil left Rosa with Rydia, Edward, Yang, Palom, Porom, Cid, Edge and Kain (after breaking the control on him).

Rydia – She forgives Cecil for what happened to her home. She learned to cast fire while in Mysidia. When she was on the boat with Edward, Yang and Tellah; they were suck into a whirlpool and Leviathan ate Rydia whole. Leviathan is actually the king and he took Rydia to his home where Rydia learned more magic and summons. She came back to help the others fight off Golbez.

Tellah – Blame Edward for letting Anna falls to her death, Tellah later realize that Anna sacrificed herself to save Edward. He joined the others to get his revenge on Golbez who he discovered is responsible for the attack. After failing to get his revenge on Golbez, Tellah left the group and luckily found his daughter, Anna who is still recovering from her wounds. He took Anna to another country where they can heal Anna and be safe from Golbez.

Edward – Unhappy that his love, Anna, died protecting him; Edward helps them in hope to stop Golbez from hurting others. He was recovering in bed after the shipwreck. Much later, Edward will discover that Anna is alive and wants to find her. However, he has conflicted feeling between Anna and Harley, his secretary who he worked with and has slowly fallen in love with.

Yang – Joined the others to on behalf of his kingdom, he lost his memory after the shipwreck but regained his memory after fighting Cecil and the Fantasy Warriors. The Sylphs has taking a liking to Yang.

Palom – A black mage, he wants to become a sage like Tellah. He and his twin sister Porom turned to stone to protect their friends. They are cured thank to the elder.

Porom – A white mage, she helps others and tries to keep her twin brother Palom out of trouble.

Cid Pollendina – An Engineer whose built airships, he always does his best to help Cecil and the others.

Edge – A prince who like Rydia. His kingdom was destroyed and his parents turned into monsters due to experiment.

Fusoya – Cecil’s uncle, he’s the one who told Cecil about Zeromus. In the future, he taught Ceodore the Lunarian way of making different potions before he went back to the moon to look after his people.

While the Fantasy Warriors were travelling in Cecil’s home country, they were magically transport to the future by an unknown power. They meet up with Ceodore and the others who help them to return back to their own time.

Ceodore – All Ceodore wants is to be himself. Everybody has high expectations for him as he is Cecil and Rosa’s son. He eventually takes pride in his bloodline, parents and himself. He is helping Cecil and the Fantasy Warriors to return to their own timeline as he won’t be born if Cecil doesn’t return back to his timeline. He was taught about potion making by Fusoya which he used that knowledge to teach his father Cecil (from the past) about potion making.

Luca – the princess and daughter of King Giott of the Dwarves, she loves her dolls Calca and Brina and has a crush on Palom. She is also an engineer.

Leonora – She knows white magic and is training in black magic by Palom. She wants to become a sage.

Ursula – Yang’s daughter who wants to train with her father, she is very good in martial arts.

Harley – A secretary and scholar, she aids Edward with his works. After Edward discovered that Anna is still alive, Harley tried her best to help Edward even if it means that she goes against her feeling for him.

Gekkou, Izayoi, Tsukinowa and Zangetsu – Ninjas being trained by Edge, they all have different missions in different places.

Final Fantasy 7:

Tifa – Cloud’s childhood friend, she is a strong fighter who always help her friends. Confused about Cloud’s memories, she wants to keep an eye on him and help him. She has a crush on Cloud but keep it inside. She helped piece together Cloud’s childhood memories. She is part of eco-terrorist, Avalanche.

Barret – Leader of Avalanche, he doesn’t trust Cloud because he used to be Soldier. He loves his adopted daughter Marlene, and wants to make a better world for her to live in.

Red/Nanaki – Taking for experimentation and was freed by Cloud, the Fantasy Warriors and Avalanche; Red joined Avalanche to learn more of the world and to save it. He takes pride in his mother but shunned his father for being a coward. With the help of his friends, he learned about his father true fate.

Cid Highwind – A foul-mouthed pilot who wants to go into space, Cid joined Avalanche after Shinra refused to fix the rocket and attempt to steal his planes.

Cait Sith – A cute cat stuff toy on top of a stuffed moogle, he worked as a fortune teller. He is actually controlled by Reeve who worked for Shinra. Reeve and Cait Sith spied on Avalanche but will change side when they realize Shinra’s evil. Reeve will later form the WRO whom job is to help the planet and the people.

Aerith – The last Cetra, Aerith has been chase all her life by Shinra. She falls in love with Zack when they spend time together. She has been waiting for Zack since that fateful mission. When Cloud came into Midgar with the Fantasy Warriors, Aerith sold a flower to him. After that, Aerith escaped with Zack to a different country in order to hide from Shinra. She and Zack found Cloud and Tifa washed up at the shore. Aerith talked to the planet and asked the Lifestream to help Zack and Tifa into recovering Cloud’s memories. She and Zack joined Tifa to fight against Sephiroth. She was nearly killed but was luckily saved by Zack. After the fight, she went back into hiding with Zack but will help her friends out whenever they need her.

Yuffie – A ninja who love materias, she joined Avalanche in order to get more materias.

Vincent – A Turk who was experiment on, Vincent knows the truth about Sephiroth’s birth. He slept a long time in order to make amend to all the wrongdoing that he couldn’t prevent. He joined Avalanche when he learnt that they might meet with Hojo.

Zack – A Soldier First Class who dreams of being a hero. He and Cloud became best friend when they first met. They were experiment on after that fateful mission until he broke Cloud out and escaped. During the escape, he constantly talked to Cloud and told him about what he wants to do. He left Cloud behind a rock in order to protect him while he goes and fights the huge army of Shinra. He nearly got kill by the remaining three infantry men but was saved when they ran off (they saw the Fantasy Warriors in the distance, that’s why they ran off). Zack went back to the rock to pick Cloud up but found that Cloud has gone missing. He felt guilty for letting his best friend down. He went to Midgar in search for the girl he loves. He eventually found her and took her to a different country in order to protect her from Shinra. When he and Aerith found Cloud and Tifa on the shore, he was so happy to see his best friend alive. However, that all change when Cloud didn’t remember him. Sadder by the fact that Cloud forgot about him, he tried to help Cloud remember. He helped piece together Cloud’s memories of his time in Shinra and the Nibelheim incident. He went to fight Sephiroth to make him pay for what he done to Cloud. Though he is a strong First Class Soldier, he wasn’t strong enough to beat him. He was able to protect Aerith and saved her from one of Sephiroth’s attacks. After Cloud beat Sephiroth, Cloud told Zack that he should replace him as a Fantasy Warriors as Zack is the real hero. Zack declined Cloud’s offer, saying that Cloud is the true hero and is the only one strong enough to beat Sephiroth. Zack is very happy to have his best friend Cloud back. He took Aerith back into hiding but told Cloud that he will help him if he needs any help.

Denzel – A young boy who lost his parents, he was saved by Cloud when he was attack by monsters. He is now living with Tifa and Marlene. He looks up to Cloud as a hero and always looks forward to seeing him.

Final Fantasy 8:

Zell – A boy who loves hotdogs, he is always ready for action. He wants to go on a mission to help save Squall who was sent to another prison when their mission failed.

Seifer – Squall’s rival, he is in charge of the Disciplinary Committee with his friends, Raijin and Fujin. Wanted to become a sorceress’s knight, he was tricked into working for Ultimeria and does her evil deeds.

Irvine – Irvine told the others the risks of equipping GF and reminding them about their past in the orphanage.

Selphie – A transfer student who joined the others, she always cheers the others up whenever she can.

Rinoa – She has a pet dog called Angelo (she’s a female dog not male). She was in love with Seifer but will eventually fall in love with Squall. She was given the sorceress power when they defeat Edea.

Quistis – Instructor who trains SeeD, she has her own fans club.

Laguna – He fell in love with a singer but went missing in one of the mission. He slowly fell in love with Raine. When Ellone was kidnapped, Laguna recruited his friends and went to rescue Ellone. He discovered that Ultimeria is controlling a sorceress into using Ellone’s power to cause time compression. Laguna, Kiros and Ward stopped them just in time which caused Ultimeria to get stuck in their timeline. He sent Ellone back to Raine, not knowing that Raine will pass away. His child and Ellone were sent to the orphanage.

Kiros – Friends with Laguna and Ward, he lets Laguna know about what is happening. He helps Laguna out even through Laguna’s clumsiness like the time Laguna got them lost because he got the wrong map…even if he gets the right map, Laguna will still get them lost.

Ward – Lost his voice in one of the mission, he joined Laguna to help him save Ellone. He even helped Laguna out to get money by going into a movie. He and Kiros were to dress up as a dragon…unfortunately, a real dragon came in to take their place in the movie…didn’t go so well.

Edea – A sorceress and wife of Cid Kramer, she was control by Ultimecia. After being defeated, she lost her powers and become a normal woman.

Final Fantasy 9:

Vivi – a little black mage who is unsure about himself, he develops when he travels with his friends.

Garnet – A princess who wants to stop and save her mother, she goes under the name Dagger to prevent anyone from recognizing her.

Steiner – A knight of Pluto, he is very loyal to the princess. His appearance is scary but he is a good man inside.

Freya – Looking for her love after he had gone missing, she travelled the world in search for him.

Quina – he…she…it…? Quina joined the others in order to savour all the different cuisine.

Eiko – An orphan girl who’s live alone with her friend, Mog. She will later get adopted by Cid Fabool the 9th and his wife. She used to have a crush on Zidane.

Amarant – Always fight fair, he joined the others to discover what made Zidane powerful. When he beat Zidane to the treasure, he went off on his own only to get hurt. That is where Zidane found him and helped him out. Puzzled by Zidane’s kindness, he joined the others to help them on their quest.

Cinna, Marcus and Blank – Part of the Tantalus, they help in kidnapping the princess.

Beatrix – A powerful knight who worked for the Queen, she followed the Queen’s orders until she saw the horrible condition that Garnet was in. After that, she helped the others out and even developed love with Steiner.

Final Fantasy 10:

Wakka – When he first met Tidus, he was amazed by Tidus’s blitzball skills. Tidus reminded him of his brother. He hates machina because he lost his brother.

Yuna – On a pilgrimage to save the world from Sin, she followed in her father’s footstep. She will later fall in love with Tidus.

Lulu – Was in love with Wakka’s brother and will later fall in love with Wakka, she looks after the others.

Rikku – Yuna’s cousin who wants to save Yuna from her fate, she is an Al Bred who is good with machina.

Auron – Used to go on a journey with Yuna’s and Tidus’s fathers, he is now protecting Yuna.

Kimahri – A Ronso who left his home after a fight that resulted in his broken horn, he is protective over Yuna and wants to keep her safe.

Paine – She will later join Rikku and will help hunt for spheres.

Final Fantasy 12:

Balthier – Always claiming to be the leading man, he is a sky pirate who hunts for treasures.

Fran – A Viera and Balthier’s friend, she doesn’t like speaking about her past.

Basch – Framed for a crime that he didn’t commit, he was freed by Vaan, the Guardian,, Balthier and Fran. He used to work with Reks and told Vaan about what really happened during the attack on the king.

Penelo – Vaan’s friend who is always worried about him, she joined the others to prevent another war that took her family’s life.

Ashe – A princess who fake her suicide in order to fight against the Archadia, she will later become queen of Dalmasca.

Larsa – Vayne’s younger brother who wants nothing more than to bring peace to the world without bloodshed, he will become the next emperor of the Archadian Empire.

Vossler – Left his country after his teamed up with Archadian Empire ended in failure, he was Basch’s friend and Ashe’s protector.

Reddas – A sky pirate who wants to stop the empire from using the nethicite, he was washed up in a different country after he destroyed the Sun-Cryst.

Llyud – An Aegyl, he became friend with Vaan and the others. He joined them to help save his people’s souls and his home, the sky continent of Lemurés.

Kite and Filo – Orphans and friends of Vaan, they help him when they went to Lemurés.

Final Fantasy 13:

Snow – Leader of NORA, Snow went to rescue his fiancée with the help of his friend; Gadot, Lebreau, Yuj and Maqui. He always tries his best to be a hero. He joined the others to help free Serah from the crystal.

Hope – A young boy who at first wanted revenge on Snow for letting his mother died, he wanted to train under Lightning to get stronger. He was left with Snow when Lightning joined the Fantasy Warriors. After failing to kill Snow, Hope discovered that Snow is the good guy who tries his best to help people and forgive Snow after Snow apologizes to him for his mother’s death.

Fang – Once a crystal but is free after many years, she was given a new mission. She helped the others out and is the one to tell them about the l’cie mark.

Sazh – A caring man with a chocobo chick. He brought the chocobo chick for his son, Dajh. He worked with the others to free Dajh from the crystal.

Vanille – Just like Fang, she was a crystal until she was free many years later. Unlike Fang, she has all her memories.

Serah – Lightning’s younger sister, she turned to crystal after she told them about her focus. After being freed from the crystal, she worked with Noel to stop Caius.

Noel – Trained under Caius to help protect Yeul, Noel and Caius travel back through time to save Yeul from her fate. After discovering Caius’s plan, Noel worked with Serah to stop him from bringing chaos to the world.

Note: Again, I changed some of their ages to fit this story. Some of them are younger than their ages in the games.

Vampirion1
25th Jun 2014, 23:12
Okay, I have a couple ideas. First, they need to make a split screen or some other form of final fantasy co-op. Second, and I know I'm gonna catch some flak from this, but they need to truly remaster final fantasy VIII with new-gen graphics and voice acting, but keep the same basic fighting style from that particular game in the series.

FantasyDreamKey
25th Jul 2014, 19:16
Just to let you know, I had change my comment about my idea on a cool crossover Final Fantasy...again. I changed it twice now.

Vodin1
4th Sep 2014, 20:47
Everywhere i look, I see weak MMORPGs, and action RPGs. Don't get me wrong, I've played my fair share of both. Still, I'd rather play a great turn based RPG with a great story. I'll play FFVII over any of the new FF games. Graphics as many others have said don't necessarily sell the game. You need a great story first and foremost, followed by the turn based play we love.

Grimoire
14th Sep 2014, 08:57
A list of suggestions from RyakValefor:

I have an epic battle system for Final Fantasy XV that would combine all of the previous final fantasy battle systems together in an ultimate battle system. In a world where lets say 50% of people who like the old turn based battles, and the other 50% who like where the game is heading, this system would unite us all into one entity. Here we go.

1. Bring back turn based combat but mix with action elements. Even leans toward the original action battle system they was going to add.
There will be an action gauge much like FFXIII/FFXIII-2. You can even call it ATB/Action Time Battle. Now at the start of each character's turn, the ATB gauge will be full. Now within this turn everything you do will drain the ATB gauge. When you move around on the battlefield it will drain and when it finally runs out you can't move anymore and the turn ends. If you are close to the monster you can button smash attacks like an action game. If you are far away you can walk up to the monster and then attack with whatever is left on the ATB gauge.

You can also use the ATB sectors, just like the ones for XIII/XIII-2. You need MP to cast spells and also the sectors, but only 4 sectors. Fire would cost 6 MP and take one sector off the ATB gauge, Fira would cost 12 MP and take off 2 sectors of the gauge, Firaga would cost say 24 MP and take 3 sectors of the gauge to cast, and big spells like Meteor and Quake would take 30 MP and all 4 of the ATB sectors to cast. Each character could get a weapon skill or Limit break they would need to build up TP in order to use, and all 4 sectors of the gauge. Any type of melee class can do as many regular attacks they can until the gauge runs out, each giving a small amount of TP towards the weapon skill/limit break or they can use a big attack for like 3 ATB sector cost.

Bring back the old character jobs like Black Mage, White Mage, and Summoner, the list goes on. Designate each of the main characters as one of them despite their clothes, like on Final Fantasy VII you knew Tifa was a monk despite her clothes. Each job will get all the spells and abilities associated with that job. When it is their turn in combat they will bring up the magic list and or combat skill list associated with their job and pick what spell/s and or abilities to use/cast and the rest will go as stated above.

Also like on Final Fantasy Tactics, if you attack the monsters from behind, you do increased damage. Also if the mages decide not to cast spells they can do a melee attack for a little damage with their weapons. Within the four sectors they could cast four fire spells, one fire and one firaga and so forth like on XIII, as long as they have the required mp to cast them. Works the same for abilities and such.

After each character's gauge runs out, it is the next characters turn. Now to keep people from waiting for each monster to take a turn to attack, ALL monsters will attack simultaneously to get rid of the wait time. I really like how it would bring the turn based element back while totally getting the player involved in the battle instead of click and wait.

2. I really loved the idea where you could buy spells and learn spells with gear and or materia stuff from Final Fantasy VII and FFIX. Something along those lines would be cool for spells and abilities.

3. I miss the old leveling systems. Bring Experience points back to gain regular character levels, or keep same concept and just change name to Crystogen Points like on XIII in a way or call them Crystal Points or something like that.

4. This battle system can help to save your game so both action rpg and the old turn based players will like it. If you lean too much towards action battles you will lose 50% of your player base, but if you do straight turn base you will lose the 50% action player base. That is why this battle system is so awesome. You need to find that middle ground so you don't lose either side. This battle system is the middle ground. It also has the potential to help save this series.

5. Bring back the Overworld we used to see in all of the old Final Fantasies where we could actually fly and control our own Airship too. I miss the times I had wondering what those mysterious places were that I could visit when I got access to the Airship. Also the other modes of transportation to ride around like chocobos, cars and canoes etc... I heard that part was in the game and I hope it is. If so please don't remove it!

6. You need to bring back Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu, Amano and the rest of his team since a lot of them are old Squaresoft / Square-Enix developers. Make him an offer he can't refuse like a new studio for his entire team, a high level position, let him help with Final Fantasy, allow him to work on new Chrono Trigger games. If anyone is able to save Square-Enix / Squaresoft it will be Sakaguchi. You have done more damage to your company than he ever did. And look at how much money Final Fantasy XI brought and he helped make that game.

Kalkano
14th Sep 2014, 22:21
^ Sorry, but that just sounds like another action game, to me.

RyakValefor
14th Sep 2014, 22:30
Action-Turn base. Far better than straight out action based like they're trying to do .

RyakValefor
14th Sep 2014, 22:50
It is almost the same type of Nostalgic type of system as the old turn-base system, but with a huge enhancement. Spells and everything else work similar,it just makes it so once you press the button to attack you don't have to just wait and watch. It allows you to have the turn-base element while taking a part in the initial attacks instead of click attack and wait. Obviously spells will take a few seconds to cast but that is normal.

Like you I am a huge fan of regular turn-base as well as many others, but there are others who don't like it so much who like action battles. This just takes the two and combines them into one killer system both would like. I like Skyrim's battle system, but I love the old Final Fantasy battle system. I would much rather have my battle system than the battle system in Skyrim any day. :) Most people want something new that still feels like the old Final Fantasy battles and this delivers on both. Nostalgic, yet new at the same time.

Kalkano
15th Sep 2014, 18:17
It is almost the same type of Nostalgic type of system as the old turn-base system, but with a huge enhancement. Spells and everything else work similar,it just makes it so once you press the button to attack you don't have to just wait and watch. It allows you to have the turn-base element while taking a part in the initial attacks instead of click attack and wait. Obviously spells will take a few seconds to cast but that is normal.

Like you I am a huge fan of regular turn-base as well as many others, but there are others who don't like it so much who like action battles. This just takes the two and combines them into one killer system both would like. I like Skyrim's battle system, but I love the old Final Fantasy battle system. I would much rather have my battle system than the battle system in Skyrim any day. :) Most people want something new that still feels like the old Final Fantasy battles and this delivers on both. Nostalgic, yet new at the same time.

I understand what you're trying to do, but the end result would just be an action game pretending to be partially turn-based (it's really not). You're just limiting how many moves you can do in an action-RPG.

Lucrecia2
22nd Sep 2014, 19:28
I only want a solo Final Fantasy game with a decent mixed cast ( more than 6 characters to play like in Final Fantasy VI), village/town/cities, a airship, chocobo and mogs, summons and a deep scenario (with end game and side quest of course).

If Square Enix focus on these elements, they will win and resurrect Final Fantasy... Stop MMORPG, spinoff and various Platform and really focus on main Final Fantasy on PS4/XBOX1/PC.

Here is the key... Message in a lost bottle thrown into the blind sea of Square Enix...

thomasstoutXXV
24th Sep 2014, 01:54
In this forum I want to introduce to you a Final Fantasy fan made game named Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy. Here is the link to download the game.
http://rpgmaker.net/games/427/

Also here is a sample of the game I am Let's Playing it if you have any questions about this game please feel free to comment here or on my youtube page.

Thanks all :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHvwYzu73gE

lucifeh
24th Sep 2014, 15:00
I only want a solo Final Fantasy game with a decent mixed cast ( more than 6 characters to play like in Final Fantasy VI), village/town/cities, a airship, chocobo and mogs, summons and a deep scenario (with end game and side quest of course).

If Square Enix focus on these elements, they will win and resurrect Final Fantasy... Stop MMORPG, spinoff and various Platform and really focus on main Final Fantasy on PS4/XBOX1/PC.

Here is the key... Message in a lost bottle thrown into the blind sea of Square Enix...

https://33.media.tumblr.com/7222b71d3ed409b8a79ddf566c0e2f75/tumblr_mxys9eSkA01qhfir7o2_400.jpg
You know what i think it´s funny? We all expect Final Fantasy to be something like this:
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130612111602/voiceacting/images/d/db/Lost_Odyssey_Game_Cover.jpg
And when someone do release, i only discover this great game by chance! Like, why didn't anyone told me that there was this game that is exactly like the FF i wanted!!! And then on a game that expends so much more on advertising like Final Fantasy XV they want to do this:
http://www.cavves.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/gow3boax.jpg
Lol the world is upside down....Rly...

FantasyDreamKey
26th Sep 2014, 14:13
Another idea, how about Square works with Nintendo again in making a crossover game? They made Mario RPG on the Super Nintendo (which I heard of but never play) and Mario Sports Mix on the Wii (love that game and the music).

My idea is to do a Mario and Final Fantasy crossover where the Mario characters meet the Final Fantasy characters. The playable characters are Mario, Luigi and Peach from the Mario game, and Warrior of Light, Firion, Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Vaan, Lightning, Noctis and two random characters from Final fantasy 11 and 14. There will also be cameo from characters from the Mario and Final Fantasy series.
It will be a combination of platform and RPG turn based. Mario, Luigi and Peach can even have their own job class based on their power ups. For example; Mario can change to a frog suit that specializes in jumping and water attacks. He can also change into a raccoon suit which give him the abilities of earth (since they can change into statue) and the abilities to float through the sky. Peach will have the ability to heal her allies. They also can have their own ultimate attack like the Limit Break. Mario will have a powerful fire attack like in the Smash Bros. game, Luigi's ultimate attack will be based on Luigi Mansion, and Peach will have one based on the Super Princess Peach game.
The Final Fantasy characters will be in cute chibi form like in the crossover board game starring Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest (I forgot the name of the game). They will have the same attacks as in their games.
The story will be about how they have to work together to save their world and they will meet all the villains from their games.
The gameplay will have both platform and turn based. The platform will be based on the Mario game and will have elements from the Mario series. When encountering enemies, it will switch to RPG turn based where they fight like in Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9.

Another crossover they can do is one like the Hyrule Warriors where is like Dynasty Warriors but with Final Fantasy characters and elements from the Final Fantasy series. You can control each of the heroes who have unique attacks and have to save their world from the villains. This can be set in an alternate universe.

About you guys, what crossover would you like to see with Final Fantasy?

trippint82
3rd Oct 2014, 19:11
think if I would want to play one final fantasy before I die it would be something very much in touch with the classic style. Note I have nothing bad to say about the more modern aspects but there is this feeling that I want at least one more fantasy epic.

I want something more surreal and lucid. Not sure if technology now can provide me with pretty much an interactive Amano painting. I do know that Capcom did some amazing watercolor work with Okami. The characters need not look too realistic for I want to experience the game as if it was this whole other world. It sounds so crazy I know. I'm pretty sure Square Enix wouldn't know where to start. I mean if you look at the work Vanillaware did in there games like Dragons Crown....just the way things are colored :O. As for the game play try and keep it simple nothing too complicated or with some wacky gimmick. Magic and Special attacks should be vibrant displays of color and effects just done in an artistic watercolor fashion.

It really should be quite bizarre and a magical feast for the senses. Frankly starting to think it sounds like Jodorowsky's Dune weird.

Said my peace byes

KenpachiDaniel
11th Oct 2014, 13:11
Sorry but I think that even if they make a FF game with all that, it still wouldn't be better than FF VII Remake, because it's almost impossible they create a better history with so many charismatic characters. Do you think they can make a villain as epic as Sephiroth? The motive is because FF VII caused too much noise. Was the mark of the new game gen and was awesome in every way. Today, it's impossible for a FF game surpases other franchises. For example, they cannot make a open world better than Skyrim or the upcoming Dragon Age Inquisition. And more, Square don't like PC gamers, it make the games be devalued.

MintySherbert
6th Apr 2015, 21:11
I'm really liking the story and gameplay of final fantasy 0:

firstly story line good points- lots of characters, with own unique personalities, nice high school anime feel to it
complex psychological plot regarding lost memories of fallen
good military/history/religion background stories

gameplay good points: Finally a bit of real choice in levelling/team structure has returned
different difficulties/mission replay means grinding/levelling is optional
gameplay easy to understand so no need to have walkthrough/guide on hand constantly, slowing up and taking away enjoyment from game.

TBH the game feels a bit like a 'tales of...' game with the style (in terms of graphics, music and maturity) of final fantasy. I think It's a massive improvement on final fantasy XIII and XIII-2. Though I would say it could have possibly been even better (and certainly more truer to final fantasy) if they had an ATB system.

Oh and a completely different point i think they should bring back more high dramatic opera to the music. It's never been better since final fantasy VIII in my mind. This would make a really good final fantasy song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vluPHmf8Aag)

Mowgle
14th Aug 2015, 16:21
So i restarted playing PS1 final fantasy games, as i was playing FF7 i realised now that im in my late 20's i understand the story better, when i was younger the story of cloud confused me, and it got me thinking of something that happened a while ago, a friend got the film advent children, as he like anima films, but he did not understand any of it because he never played final fantasy 7. so i let him the game he completed most of it (youtubed the ending) and watch advent children again, but this time understood what/who and why. so i thought i would like every finfal fantasy game storys to be made into films.

each game has a plot. so i thought it would be cool to have them made into films like advent children. you just copy the game main story into film remove most of the random battle you get with the game.

you could do all ff's up to 14, then wait 6 -12 months after 15 is released to make it into film, and so on.

marketing wise, it should be liked by ff fans, evn those who have never played 1-6 (lets say) they can see the story, also manga/anima fans who have never played any ff can then see the story and it might get them to start playing??

p.s. sorry if the idea has already been said, i have only just logged on to the forum

Ultima546
21st Aug 2015, 21:41
Do you know what I think would make for a really neat game?

A Final Fantasy Dungeon-Crawler (DRPG).

You'd have a party of 5 or 6, four of the characters being "Warriors of Light", with the other one or two being an "Assist Character".

As you fight your battles (and hopefully, win!) in traditional DRPG-style, the Warriors of Light (WoL) would gain Job Points (JP), which could be spent towards learning abilities in their current Job; and Experience Points (EXP), which accumulate towards raising their overall level. Jobs can be switched around at any time outside of battle (or perhaps only when back at "base", for balance reasons), and once you learn all the abilities for a Job on an individual character, that character can use those abilities when in a different Job (but this only applies for the abilities of one other Job at a time; The Tactics games are an example of this system in use).

Assist Characters function much like the WoL, except they don't have Job Points. They would be either original characters, made for the game, or popular personas from past titles built with a competitive edge.

For example: Auron, as an assist character.

Since Assist Characters (ACs) do not have JP, they learn their abilities as they gain levels, or through the use of certain items.
So, Auron's ability list might look something like:

Level 1- Threaten
Level 4- Power Break
Level 8- Sentinel

And so on. In this way, Assist Characters would be able to supplement your party; they would provide a solid base of certain skills with which you can craft a strong team, and yet still allow you to experiment with the Job System on the four Warriors of Light.

There is more that could be said on this idea, but I think this is sufficient to express the basics of what I think a Final Fantasy DRPG could be.

Altreys
7th Feb 2016, 20:37
Hello everyone!

I have given some thoughts about this matter lately, and in the end, I don't actually have that much problems with FF games these days. But the problem is that I find them lacking in the most important aspects of the game. Story and characters.

Now what comes for the stories, I have always found lots of things that I find interesting, and I can see the story there. But especially with XII and XIII (trilogy) they really should have fleshed the stories out more and improve on how the story is told. Especially XII suffered from this, as there was a story that had interesting things happening here and there, but eventually I didn't find the story to be interesting enough to keep me focused. Instead I ended up hunting, and doing lots of sidequest very early on, causing me to pretty much forgetting what had happened in the story so far.
Now since XIII pretty much forced you to just follow the story, you knew what had happened, but unfortunately I found some things were told so vaguely, that I had difficulties to understand what really did happen and why. Same with some of the side characters, who were they, what their agenda was and so on.

And that leads to what I consider to be the biggest problem. Characters. I mean, for example think of FFVI. It has the biggest cast, yet every character has their story and reasons to tag along, and we understand them. Now think XII. Outside Ashe, Basch and Balthier, XII lacked in this area. I know why they were there and what they were after but what about the other half...not so much. XIII did a bit better, and everyone atleast had their reasons to be there, but I just find that they had one emotion thay had stuck on and it was portrayed a bit too clearly. Now, I can only think of Sazh and Fang to be the only ones who had a bit more depth into them.

Same goes to the villains. Where has the memorable villains gone?
Make the villain part of story, interesting and just simply make him/her be more than just a generic bad guy. And most of all make sure, that the players actually meet him/her before the last battle.

So yeah, what I want to see in the future is better stories and most of all better characters. Give them their own story and real motivations. Make us to care and understand the characters. If the characters are good, even the little bit weaker story works better.

Oh, and just as a bonus I might as well put an idea I had recently that revolves around FF mythology. It really is just a short sketch of an idea but hopefully someone gets something out of it.

The gods (=summons) have abandoned the world and it's population. The void that was left behind caused great cities to fall into misery and chaos, causing a long and devastating war. Cities are destroyed and the populations have scattered all around the world as small settlements, where they have to fight to survive.
Few cities managed to remain in the ruined world, and those have been fortified to huge shelters (something similiar to FFVIII gardens). These shelters are under military rule and are technologically superior to small villages and settlements.

Main character is naturally found in one of these small settlements, raised in middle of nowhere. (S)he is desperate to find answers, most importantly why did the gods abandon them all those dacades ago? To find answers (s)he travels to one of the towers built for the gods. In this tower (s)he manages to get a connection with the god of that tower.

Geyblade
8th Feb 2016, 06:14
FF7, isn't that for the Eidios forums?

CCLL32KH
1st Jun 2016, 17:24
I seen a screen shot I believe was in the chocobo video a picture of a map in the top right corner that resembled much like the map on the witcher 3. I would very much like to see a way point system like in borderlands 2 because I find myself looking at that map in the corner more than seeing all the beauty the game has to offer. If they had a waypoint system it will allow you to follow missions without taking your eyes away from the game. Just my thoughts