PDA

View Full Version : if there is T4 is gerrett going to be replaced

Pancreas
5th Jun 2004, 02:05
I just recently finished thief 3 and judging by the ending scene it seems that garrett is going to be replaced in the next game, if there is going to be one at all.

Just want to know others thoughts on this...:(

Pancreas
5th Jun 2004, 02:21
of course is gerrett has this ultimate rune in his posession if the next thief is to take place after this one than he would still have to have it, its no fun if you are ultra powerfull. Also there was that little girl in the very end that trys to steal from him and almost gets away with it, that beter not be the next main character

MistyDP
5th Jun 2004, 02:27
I couldn't imagine a Thief game without him. I don't think I'd even buy it.

Kanter
5th Jun 2004, 04:56
Indeed

Lord_Duriel
5th Jun 2004, 06:03
I think Garrett will be the main character's mentor in the next game. You'll play as a woman in her early 20's, one of the 'new' Keepers.

MrWynd
5th Jun 2004, 08:30
i would like to see the student of garrett take on another generation of hammerites and tricksters.

ringo380
5th Jun 2004, 09:19
There should really be a spoiler warning somewhere, this is a reference to something that happens in the very last cutscene, I wouldn't have wanted to know anything about it if I hadn't finished it yet..

coldplay_josh_106
5th Jun 2004, 10:18
if there is T4 is gerrett going to be replaced

WHY WHY WHY!!! IDIOT!!! could ppl please think about the title of threads before you post it, it would do everyone a favour if u indicate spoilers!

G'Bariel
5th Jun 2004, 10:38
take it easy dude, that Thief 4 and replacement stuff is just wild speculations

Seribicus
13th Jun 2004, 05:01
Although, in theory Looking Glass Studios(may they R.I.P.) was contracted to make 4 Thief games, but they died.
So mayhap Ion Storm has taken up the contract to finish it off

or they could've just wanted to end the series in a half-a$$ed way. After all Thief 2 begged to be continued
Only time will tell, or maybe Ion Storm or Eidos will if they feel like it, but...

Personally, I'd like to see a final installment of the Thief series beyond what they ended T3 with, but I can't imagine Garrett continuing to be the "Master Thief". I mean he is "the one true keeper" now, and he has greater responsibilties(supposedly) and blah, blah, blah...

Maybe it's just hard to let a great series die
Whatever
I like to think Garrett that will return again
even if it is for the final time...

ElectraGlide
13th Jun 2004, 05:37
He just needs a friggin' vacation. I'm thinking Bahamas or perhaps San Tropei. Or maybe he just needs to get laid - Viktoria definitely owes him big time!

Sleepy Ben
13th Jun 2004, 05:39
I think calling this post "thoughts on T4 *Spoiler*" would make this post less of a spoiler for those visiting this forum who havent finished the game.
And I think youre an idiot.

Shadow_unk16
13th Jun 2004, 05:51
They must make a Theif 4 with GARRETT its "impossible" a thief installment without GARRETT !!!!

I like his, reply's to the stupidity of other people, his voice !!!
EVEN if i don't play with HIM in next game, HE must appear in movies frequantly !!!

Idea for Thief 4 :
Select your character when you select New Game !! :b

PS !!
Hey Pancreas you wrote GARRETT's name wrong !!!!
That isn't allowed !! :D :p

Seribicus
13th Jun 2004, 06:01
That would be cool
choose to play as "The Master Theif" or "The Master Thief's Apprentice"

You're right Shadow
the Thief series sssssoooooooooooooooooooooo doesn't work without Garrett

Astalder
13th Jun 2004, 17:21
I don't get the attatchment to Garret... I'd have no problem playing Thief as his apprentice. It'd probably bother me more playing it as an overpowered Garret.

Lenvoye
13th Jun 2004, 17:37
Or maybe the Glyphs were proper to "The City", and we'll see Garrett in another city/land, where Glyphs are commonplace, but different - i.e. he'll have to learn to regain his acquired abilities ?

Don't despair about the content, fight for the day T4 comes out, I say :).