PDA

View Full Version : pls help! where can i find wine 4 the widow?

drtscm
4th Jun 2004, 22:06
please help me! :D

im in the mansion, at the main bedroom with the widow of the captain.
she told me she wants some wine, but i cant find any of that
searched the whole area, but found nothing

there are a room with food, bottles, and barells near the dining room but there arent working item, what i could use with the blind widow

Fossa
4th Jun 2004, 22:21
Grab a bottle from the kitchen and attempt to drop it in her lap. It works.

asrian
4th Jun 2004, 22:46
What do you get for dropping wine near her?
I totally skipped over that part as I didn't think you could actually interact with her in the first place.

Techtite
4th Jun 2004, 22:51
I was a little more discreet; I dropped the wine bottle on the nearby table. She heart it and thanked me just the same.

For your efforts, this is what happens:

She thanks you for the wine and tells you something about how protective her husband is of her; would even rise from the grave to do so. My inclination to this was: steal everything you want, but not the chest in the secret room, meant to keep her expenses paid upon her husband's death. I would expect a ghost of her husband would give chase if you attempted this, but I wasn't in the mood to try...

asrian
4th Jun 2004, 23:00
I stole the money (never gave her the wine though, so didn't get the speech).

Of course, I was scrapping for 90% loot in that level so basically had to take the money as it was a decent %. If I wasn't playing on expert I might have left it. But then, if I wasn't on expert I'd be pissed (still pissed how they screwed up expert from T1 & T2...AND I PLAY ON XBOX!). I just miss my 'No Kill' difficulty...so I still don't kill anyone. Oh well, that's a gripe for another post.

diomedes95
4th Jun 2004, 23:07
I gave her the wine, then stole her husband's money. I also stabbed her to death. She was kind of pathetic sitting there all alone talking to her dead husband, so I figured I'd reunite them. It's being kind, really.

BOB_E
5th Jun 2004, 04:13
rofl, i know right. I took the money, but i think it only accounted for like 7% of all the loot in the house anyway lol. So I just kinda like left it at 78% cuz I was tired and just wanted to end the level. I could have taken 93% but I was nice and didnt. Even if she did have to sell some pointless cups and paintings, she would get a better price anyways because there would be no fence or middle-man. I also thought by wine, they ment the luxorious kind, and I didnt find any so I just didnt give her any wine. I would laugh if at the end of the game they like showed a scene of her still ranting at that stormy window :p . Im not trying to be mean, lol, it s just that you shold be mourning for your husbands death, not pointlessly going into denial that the dead guy is gonna come back.

The_Neon_Cowboy
5th Jun 2004, 13:06
Originally posted by Techtite
I was a little more discreet; I dropped the wine bottle on the nearby table. She heart it and thanked me just the same.

For your efforts, this is what happens:

She thanks you for the wine and tells you something about how protective her husband is of her; would even rise from the grave to do so. My inclination to this was: steal everything you want, but not the chest in the secret room, meant to keep her expenses paid upon her husband's death. I would expect a ghost of her husband would give chase if you attempted this, but I wasn't in the mood to try...

I'm stuck trying to find the secret room:mad:

diomedes95
5th Jun 2004, 21:07
DON'T GIVE THE WIDOW THE WINE!!!!!!
THIS IS A MAJOR WARNING TO EVERYONE PLAYING THE GAME!!!
IF YOU DO BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN!!!

The widow has just suffered a major loss in her life with the death of her husband. She is dealing with this pain in exactly the wrong way, by avoiding human contact and DRINKING. The thoughtful thief would spend time with her, try to get her out and do things, maybe think about dating again, about living...
But to turn to drink is not going to help anyone, especially the widow. It's understandable that she wants wine to destroy the pain, and that's how it starts. When playing the level try explaining to her that wine will feel good tonight, but her husband will still be dead in the morning, and then what? (I pressed select on the exbox for this seldom used command.) She can;t just keep drinking, right? Next year she'll be homeless, dressed in rags nad babbling about her husband on the street, having pissed away the 500 gp on uppers and sweet lady H. And why, because you had to give her the wine you enabler! Enabler!

(I know not what I write.)