PDA

View Full Version : Fun in Pavlock Prison *spoiler*

stoney_penny
4th Jun 2004, 20:50
I'm playing my second time through, and had a great time in Pavlock prison this time around because:

This time around I didn't knock out all the guards before releasing the prisoners and had a merry time chasing befind the guard as he chased the prisoners up and down the hallways hacking at them with his sword. All I needed was some Benny Hill music and the scene would've been complete.

On another note and completely changing topic...am I the only one who totally loathes the Hammerites? I'm no tree huggin' pagan lover either, but most of the posts I've read have been Hammer positive, and I think they're a bunch of self-righteous jack-a**es. So much so that on the Cathedral level I make it a point to leave no survivors... and this is from someone who quicksaves before knocking out anyone with a torch, just in case they fall on it and die... I feel so bad, I'll restart a level to avoid killing npc's....not because I'm a ghoster, just 'cause I feel bad. But with the Hammers, I like to shoot em in the face right as they are saying something particularly narrow-minded and self-righteous. Ok rant done, just had to get that off my chest.

Smiles,
Penny

MajorHealy
4th Jun 2004, 21:49
While I don't get murderous with 'em, I agree with your general view of the Hammers - if the pagans didn't have such annoying voices, they'd be schloads better in my book. But the Hammers are at least good for some entertaining conversation now and again.

And it's VERY satisfying to thwack those zealot punks on the noggin...

One thing I miss from T2: ** WHACK ** ... ungh ... Builder! ... ** hits floor **

(yeah, those were Mechanists - but a Hammer is just a Mechanist without the middle-man)

stoney_penny
4th Jun 2004, 22:23
Good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like Hammers.
I agree that the Pagan's odd manner of speech is really grating, plus I'd like to add that they hang out with some pretty nasty beasties and monsters and such, too scary. But, aside from the sh8t talking they do about city-folk "manfools", they aren't out actively persecuting heretics and non-believers the way the Hammers are into doing: that is why I can abide them despite the fact that they are exceedingly annoying, whereas the Hammers have alot of style and grace (I love their outfits!), but make me want to stick 'em.

chowdah
5th Jun 2004, 01:54
pavelock is good fun. spoiler if you havent been in pavelock:
I managed to place some oil near those cages that you can look down onin pavelock. The guard was nearby and heard me, so I quickly opened the lever and he slipped on the oil, then got up and promptly fell in the cage with the other inmate. Now Im gonna put about 8 corpses on top of the cage and let em all fall on the pour guys and let the ragdoll physics strut their stuff.
p.s. I hate the hammers AND the pagans. Although I hate the pagans more cuz ive always like the hammerite factories n stuff.

Stalin
5th Jun 2004, 01:58
I forgot to do Pavelock my first time through...another reason to replay the game...:D

As for Pagans and Hammerites...I absolutely LOVE the Pagans. Their voices are funny, I'm really into the beasts they walk around with, and best of all, most of their areas have a lot of nice, soft grass as opposed to the loud metal of the Hammerites. :p

No offense to any Christians, but I would venture a guess that the Hammerites are a slight sleight at the medieval Christians (very reminscent of the Inquisition), and the Pagans would be along the lines of Celtic witchcraft (though I don't think the Celts talked like idiots :p).

Quillan
5th Jun 2004, 03:09
I decided to go to jail on my second playthrough of the game. When I did, my original thought was to kill the warden, and as many guards as necessary to get out. But, drawing inspiration from Garrett's revenge against Ramirez in the first game for trying to have him killed (humiliation, for those who haven't played it), I just KO'd every guard in the prison, and dumped them all plus the warden into my cell, then let the prisoners loose. I chuckled to myself trying to picture him living that down, if it had really happened.

mardi
5th Jun 2004, 06:01
Originally posted by Quillan
I decided to go to jail on my second playthrough of the game. When I did, my original thought was to kill the warden, and as many guards as necessary to get out. But, drawing inspiration from Garrett's revenge against Ramirez in the first game for trying to have him killed (humiliation, for those who haven't played it), I just KO'd every guard in the prison, and dumped them all plus the warden into my cell, then let the prisoners loose. I chuckled to myself trying to picture him living that down, if it had really happened.

Good one! I didn't think of that. They should add small cut scenes (easter eggs) for people who do wacky stuff like that.