PDA

View Full Version : FPS measurement ?

AVD
4th Jun 2004, 19:13
Hi ! I'd like to know how to measure fps in Thief 3 ?

Thanks in advance.

bravus
4th Jun 2004, 19:15
There's a utility called 'fraps' that you can download and install, which will show you fps stats in any game. That's what I use - I'll be interested to hear if others use other methods.

Socio
4th Jun 2004, 19:20
www.fraps.com

chris20202
4th Jun 2004, 23:04
I think FRAPS is what most everyone uses.

Energy Recruitm
18th Nov 2008, 15:30
caught my dad watching some movie on cable a few weeks back. I'm not sure what it was but it involved a time machine (Moebius, is that you?), and a character that also looked a lot like BO2 Kain. I only remember a scene where he was fighting some human over it, and after the human got it fired up this Kain look-alike managed to latch onto the outside of it. Apparently only the person in the "driver's seat" was immune to the effects of the time travel,

EnergyRec
22nd Nov 2008, 13:52
You get the Fort Ironwood graveyard side-mission after clearing the Clocktower mission and getting the Keeper Enforcers on Garrett's tail in the Old Quarter. Head to Fort Ironwood (it's easier if the Hammerites are already allied with Garrett) and enter the graveyard behind it. There's a Pagan Cornerstone in the graveyard that can be "mossed"; find it near one of the columns (pagan cornerstones only appear on 90 degree corners) by the back wall of Fort Ironwood. This will accomplish the Pagan's part of the side-mission.Assuming you did not go past the archway under Ramien's place in Old Quarter (leads to the Docks and Shalebridge Asylum) before doing the above, you can go there now and locate a small sewer tunnel where a Pagan Shaman would normally be. If the game glitched, the shaman would not be there, but his wand (worth $200) will be floating in mid-air. Grab it be a bit richer. You also get the benefit of the Pagan cemetary ... there'll be an earth crystal near the pagan cornerstone each following night (or the same night, if you reload the Old Quarter map).

Energy jobs
26th Dec 2008, 08:15
Before upgrading an AEG, it is suggested that you first define your upgrade objective(s). What do you want to achieve? High FPS? High ROF? High accuracy? And how high is high by the way? The e-book is organized based on the primary upgrade objectives of high FPS, high ROF and high accuracy. In addition, a section on troubleshooting is included.We tell you what to do and what to avoid so you can achieve the best possible performance without spending all your savings. And we do not simply assume you have a particular model from a particular manufacturer. The extensiveness of the brands and mechanisms covered allows you to apply your know-hows towards almost all AEGs (including the latest low cost entries such as the SRCs and the UTGs) in the market.

apostilleus
18th May 2009, 09:36
I think the values are valid (they are betwwen 10 and 40 which fits) but
I didn't do extensive tests or anything. The function is called by
v4l_sn9c20x_read(). I don't know if mplayer just performs a v4l read very 1/30
of a second or if the function is really called for each new frame. Also I am
sure the fps calculation can be more precise.