PDA

View Full Version : A Third Tomb Raider Novel Is Announced

Trinity34
4th Jun 2004, 17:45
James Alan Gardner to pen new Lara Croft Novel!
Publish Date : 6/3/2004 1:28:00 PM Source : Lara Croft Online (http://www.tombraidernews.com/cgi-bin/news/read.asp?newsID=66)

Del Rey has just announced a third Tomb Raider novel entitled, "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Man of Bronze", written by James Alan Gardner. No description or cover picture has been released so far but expect 352 pages of sheer adrenalin action-packed adventure to hit store shelves December 2004. We will keep you posted as more information becomes available.

http://www.tombraidernews.com/cgi-bin/news_images/JAGardner.gif

EddyBones
4th Jun 2004, 20:04
Seriously? Didn't know they had a second one even. Unless the second was The Amulet of Power? In that case, I didn't know they had a first one:D

Deekman
4th Jun 2004, 22:50
Man of Bronze? That would be Doc Savage.

EddyBones
4th Jun 2004, 23:42
In the worst case it would be Kurtis Trent:rolleyes:
Hopefully this author hasn't played/heard about the games enough to know who that is...

Deekman
5th Jun 2004, 00:18
Nope.
Doc Savage.
http://docsavage.org/ban/001.jpg

John Carter
5th Jun 2004, 02:42
Originally posted by Gandalf the Gray
Seriously? Didn't know they had a second one even. Unless the second was The Amulet of Power? In that case, I didn't know they had a first one:D

The second one is due for release, at least at Amazon.com US, on 3 August this year. It's called "Lara Croft-Tomb Raider-The Lost Cult". The author is EE Knight, who is an author of sci-fi and vampire fiction books. The author joined this forum last year, posted once for insights into the game, and monitored the forum for a while.

Invincible
5th Jun 2004, 04:10
Well,I already preordered mine from amazon.uk and I'll wait till August,but those 2 BETTER be good then that stooooopid Amulet of Power which was BTW CR*P!!!!:D :mad:

Trinity34
5th Jun 2004, 13:07
I didn't know until the first novel came out that Eidos had even given approval for the novels to be written, they never announced anything. I wonder how many novels there will be?

thanhkim
5th Jun 2004, 21:13
I love the books they have captured who Lara is which she is a very sweet chilling girl

nbs1243
6th Jun 2004, 18:24
Sure hope these novels have lots of high quality CGI images like a book should and also Lara in a light blue top and also her slightly different appearance in AOD.

Trinity34
6th Jun 2004, 19:10
nbs there are no pictures, only text.

nbs1243
6th Jun 2004, 19:33
Wish they'd make version 2 comics with Video game Lara images rather than a different looking Lara.

Cool. These books really could be cool if made into a TV cartoon CGI series like Shrek or Toy Story or Action Man or Max Steele style CGI. But would that spoil the stories in the games?

No pictures? I guess comics are a lot more picturesque in that sense. Would try reading it though.

Try to finish school and become a brain surgeon first though.

mickydmm
6th Jun 2004, 20:08
the amulet of power, did not repersent the true lara croft, the person who wrote it ( no offence to the writer..but) either did'nt
know who or play the tomb raider game's..so i hope that the next
person/s who write a tomb raider book at least do'se his home work on the charater