PDA

View Full Version : Question

Oderus
4th Jun 2004, 15:41
I was at a little load screen and I got a tip that hammer priest or pagan priestess would give you "enchantments" if your faction it well enough for them. I have full faction with both and I have yet been given a enchantment or seen them give their own kind one.

I been hit with damn splash damage from their attacks but nothing helpful. Is this a feature that Ion Storm cut from the game and forgot to remove the tip from or am I just doing something wrong?

MajorHealy
4th Jun 2004, 15:52
I believe it only happens in the city (never the missions).

You'll notice that when the hammers and pagans are fighting in the streets, sometimes they have this electric glow on them. If you're close to one of the allied factions (and in the light where they can see you) when a fight breaks out, you'll get the same electric glow, which wears off after a minute or less. (red if you got it from the hammers, green if from the pagans)

It happened to me only once - I panicked at first and hid in the shadows as soon as it happened, and the glow didn't hamper my stealth (my gem stayed dark). Only happened once in the Old Quarter.

I assume it makes you tougher in a fight, but I avoided combat at all costs, anyway...

Oderus
4th Jun 2004, 16:03
well the tips said the The keeper priest that do it makes you invisible. The hammers it lets you damage the undead and something else. I would assume the damage on the undead was like those holy arrows you could use in the old games. I don't remember what the pagan one was.

/shrug

MajorHealy
4th Jun 2004, 16:13
Originally posted by Oderus
well the tips said the The keeper priest that do it makes you invisible. The hammers it lets you damage the undead and something else. I would assume the damage on the undead was like those holy arrows you could use in the old games. I don't remember what the pagan one was.

/shrug

You're correct:

Tip: Pagan Shaman can cast spells which speed their allies up.

Tip: Keeper Elders can cast spells which turn their allies invisible.

Tip: Hammer Priests can bless their allies, allowing them to do more damage and hurt undead.

I'd never been in the city where a keeper elder was about??? Did I miss/forget something? Maybe this would be something you'd "intercept" if you started fighting Keepers on their turf?