PDA

View Full Version : Hammerites attack me even though I'm allied?!

defpaul
4th Jun 2004, 13:46
I'm allied with both sides. However, when I'm in Stonemarket Proper, the Hammarites attack me on sight. And they don't come to the rescue when a citywatch is running to me. How come?

Fossa
4th Jun 2004, 14:26
If you attack them they will hunt you down like the dog you are.

defpaul
4th Jun 2004, 14:31
Originally posted by Fossa
If you attack them they will hunt you down like the dog you are.

But I didn't, that's my point... And if that were to be days ago, now I'm allied, so they should stop attackint this great thief!!

Fossa
4th Jun 2004, 14:37
Not if you attack an individual guard.

The hammers as a whole love you, an individual guard may hold a grudge.

Kaspre
4th Jun 2004, 14:40
Yeah, for some reason Stonemarket is a disaster waiting to happen. The AI seems to get excited and start attacking without a lot of provocation. They'll attack you, the other factions, and most often both you and the other factions.

I was able to resolve the issue by taking down everyone that seemed to have a grudge, removing all of the dead bodies from sight, and cleaning up any spilled blood with a few water arrows. (I'm not sure that last part was necessary, but I do try to be thorough) Let me know if you have similar results.

Hopefully this issue will be addressed in a patch, but who knows. It could possibly be based upon an intentional scripted event, but the moronic AI escalates everything beyond reason? Anyway, hopefully the workaround I suggested works for you.

Luck!

(also see this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=39419) for others that have had similar issues)

Recluse
4th Jun 2004, 14:55
Had something similar happen to me.

I was coming out of the stonecutter's place after grabbing some swag, and was about to head across the street to the armory when a Hammerite spots me and goes nuts.

He chases me down the street and I hide in the bushes, the ones where the moss arrow is up in the tree, until he calms down. As he's walking away I notice he's carrying a bagfull of swag on his hip, so I tail him and pinch it from him. Just after that he turns around and I figure it's time to run again, so I'm about to light off a flashbomb at his feet when he says "Builder be with you Garrett," and slowly strolls by me.

I mean WTF, did he think I was some other thief when he chased me before? :rolleyes:

That's the last time I blow up one of the big ugly brown fleas for the Hammers until everyone gets the memo that I'm one of their allies. :P

Quillan
4th Jun 2004, 14:57
He didn't realise that was you. You triggered the alert reflex when he saw an unknown moving suspiciously out of the shadows, so he drew his hammer and went to check it out. I've had that happen before, but then they walk right past me because they know me and I'm allied with them.

Micro
4th Jun 2004, 15:02
I would have to agree with that last comment, I've found the best thing to do with the hammers is to step INTO the light where they can see you clearly, then you stand toe to toe and stare them down (if no city watch is around that is)

Boruna
4th Jun 2004, 17:15
This happened to mee after the part where the Assasins are after me. No matter where I am the Hammerites are attacking me again.

Banshee
5th Jun 2004, 05:31
Those AIs can get pretty wacky in Stonemarket, all right. I once had the following opera happen... I did not see the complete sequence of events, but from what I did see, hear, and what evidence (corpses) there was, I pieced together this interpretation:

1) Scene, front of St. Edgars. Two hammerites get into an argument with a keeper assassin. Result: one dead keeper assassin and one dead hammerite (heard this battle from behind corner, while going to visit the fence.

2) Female thug sees part of the fight and somehow gets annoyed with the surviving hammerite, due maybe to seeing one of the corpses and a hammerite and somehow putting two and two together. Because of getting wounded or losing contact with hammerite, female thug does not immediately fight to the death. (mostly conjecturing this).

3) Female thug returns calmly to the scene of the crime later, and sees the hammerite standing about. Thug draws sword and slays the hammer from behind in cold blood (this I witnessed personally).

4) City watch further down the street will have none of this. Runs to female thug, dispenses justice. Innocent bystanders flee in terror.

Garrett is holding back laughter in a dark corner nearby...

The_Neon_Cowboy
5th Jun 2004, 13:02
Originally posted by Kaspre
Yeah, for some reason Stonemarket is a disaster waiting to happen. The AI seems to get excited and start attacking without a lot of provocation. They'll attack you, the other factions, and most often both you and the other factions.

I was able to resolve the issue by taking down everyone that seemed to have a grudge, removing all of the dead bodies from sight, and cleaning up any spilled blood with a few water arrows. (I'm not sure that last part was necessary, but I do try to be thorough) Let me know if you have similar results.

Hopefully this issue will be addressed in a patch, but who knows. It could possibly be based upon an intentional scripted event, but the moronic AI escalates everything beyond reason? Anyway, hopefully the workaround I suggested works for you.

Luck!

(also see this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=39419) for others that have had similar issues)

I have screen shots of like 7 gards going at it killing city watch etc till there was a lst man standing :D