PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Saves

Jaded
4th Jun 2004, 05:24
I rented the xbox version of this game and found it too glitchy, my save games went corrupt on me twice within an hour. So i decided to buy the pc version. 3 days later and pretty far into the game (just at the point where they arrest Garrett and he escapes and they send those guys after you...old quarter) I quicksaved it just as I had been doing all game, about a minute later the game crashes and reboots my machine. I start thief back up and its saying that my quicksave is corrupt. So now im screwed.....3 days of non stop playing down the tube. Im really dissapointed at how glitchy this game is to say the very least.

Aside from this the crashing was getting on my nerves....for no reason whatsoever the game would crash and my system would reboot....not just back to desktop. My system can definately handle the game....its an amd 2600xp, 1.5gb DDR, ATI Radeon 9500.

If someone could point me to a save-game right at the point where mine went corrupt i would really appreciate it. Or even better if theres a way to fix my corrupt quick save.

Jaded

*PS. I originally posted this as a response in another thread, but thought it deserved its own.

Jaded
4th Jun 2004, 14:38
Pleeeeaaase I'm begging ya! I really want to continue playing this game but i dont want to redo 2 days straight of playing it. I need a save point right when:

...you go the library to see caduca read the compendium but she gets murdered, they arrest you, then you escape. I saved right in the bushes as those enforcer guys pass by....its in the old quarter

Please I really want to play this game without starting over. If anyone has a save near here it would be awesome if they would be willing to send it to me at whatever48021@yahoo.com

Thx!!!
Jaded

Quillan
4th Jun 2004, 15:02
I don't have one of those, yet, will in a day or two (I deleted all my old saves when I started the replay). But, I think the saves are too big to email. Each save is several files, and I think they take up about 8 megs total. Not too many emails allow attachments greater than 1 meg. I'd have to check the actual file size when I get home; I'm at work currently.

Jaded
4th Jun 2004, 15:31
I think the save size depends on how far into the game you are. The corrupt one i have is 4.5mb. Might be small enough to email, especially if zipped. I think i would need the saveindex.ion file too. If anyone wants to send it to me it would be very much appreciated.

thx
Jaded

drow21
4th Jun 2004, 15:40
Yeah, high chance for corruption on crashes. Happened to me once. Now I not only quicksave but make a regular save as well for a back up. I have only had this problem on crashes and that was when I was tinkering with that Omega driver for ATI. Zooming would often cause a freeze-up.

I JUST worked my way back past the mansion last night and stopped just before the next mission. If I can send it later, I will.

Jaded
4th Jun 2004, 16:41
Thank you so very much!!! I am definately going to be making quicksaves AND regular saves quite often the rest of the game. Shoot, I think i will even be backing up the savegames folder once in a while.

Jaded

lizzardfire
4th Jun 2004, 17:24
If someone would like to make a save in Auldale (after going back after the cradle) I would host it.

Those of us who can't go into Auldale would much appreciate it.

forgottenbandit
4th Jun 2004, 23:00
hey, i lost my saved game too, while saving my game crashed :(

Could any of you taffers find it in your heart to also send me a save game file??? My email: forgotten33@hotmail.com

If you can, so far ive completed the Hammerite mission to get the Chalice and I've just entered the BEGINNING of the Pagan Tunnels with those Tafferz talkin' 'bout Silver Nuggets...

Please, im beggin' you... :o

Jaded
5th Jun 2004, 00:53
Still havent had anyone send me a savegame for where mine crapped out.....im having withdrawls. :(

Jaded

whatever48021@yahoo.com

Quillan
5th Jun 2004, 01:06
They might have, or it might have bounced. I looked at my most recent save game from the replay I am on now. I've just gotten off the Abysmal Gale, haven't done the mansion or the citadel missions yet, and the save game is 17 files. Total size is 6.83 megs. Two of them are 1 meg files, the others are smaller. Yahoo doesn't like email attachments. I have problems sending Excel files to a friend of mine; they just vanish and he never gets the email. Hotmail won't allow any attachment greater than 1 meg.

Jaded
5th Jun 2004, 02:24
Quillan, you have a PM. ;)

Jaded

drow21
5th Jun 2004, 14:37
I hate to sound like an idiot but I looked all through my thief files and saw nothing concerning saved games... Exactly WHERE do you find them?

Quillan
5th Jun 2004, 15:20
My Documents

drow21
5th Jun 2004, 17:53
Go figure... Of course it wouldn't be in the 'Thief' directory! Thanks Quill.

Quillan
5th Jun 2004, 17:57
Same thing in Invisible War (probably because it's the same engine), so I knew where to look already. Anytime. :)

drow21
5th Jun 2004, 18:05
Well jaded, even compressing it at 2.75mb from 6.5 still will not allow me to send file. It is too large.

Does he need the WHOLE folder or can we send pieces from it?

Jaded
5th Jun 2004, 18:13
Actually dont worry about it, someone sent me their savegame last night and it works like a charm. Thanks anyway!

Jaded

drow21
5th Jun 2004, 18:22
Excellent! How did they get it to you?

Quillan
5th Jun 2004, 18:52
He sent me another private email address that wasn't on yahoo, and I sent it there. He needed the entire folder plus the saveindex.ion (or whatever the name is) file.

drow21
5th Jun 2004, 19:24
Ah ok! Thanks again. Always good to know these things! :)

kryst0bal
23rd Jun 2004, 20:17
Hi guys !

Here's my last "not corrupted" save.
Just after the Cradle and before alerting the Keepers.

http://k.r.s.free.fr/xchange/t3.rar

Could someone post a save located just after the museum ? Mine is corrupted and I really don't have the nerves to explore it once again :/

Thanks.