PDA

View Full Version : question about the zombies!

mark322
3rd Jun 2004, 21:14
i've read everything that you said about this level, and i am too affraid to keep playing ( in forbidden library right now).
my question is- what is the easiest way to kill the zombies in easy mode? is there any way to kill them with metal arrows?
because you receive some kind of blessing to them... is it helps?
i am not gonna play this level on any other difficulty because i've got an important test at school on monday and i want to be concentrated and not to think about my wet underwair...........

tealsmith
3rd Jun 2004, 21:22
If you're in the Fordidden Library, don't worry. Nothing scary there. You're going to have to worry about the Cradle mission though.

Anyways, zombies won't go down from broadhead arrows. You need to use holy water or fire arrows. Even then, you need to make sure their bodies poof into dust. If they don't, then when you get close enough to jump back up.

Arcad1a
3rd Jun 2004, 21:25
well the zombies never got back up in cradle or poofed away for me

how to beat the undead
you must arm your self with the light

Fire arrows. Flash Bombs. Holy Water. Explosive mines.

fire arrows and flash bombs take 2 hits to kill 3 if you decide to mix a fire arrow and a flash bomb you will have to kill with another item

Holy water kills in one hit and you will have to either attract them to the pool (zombies avoid this) or throw it on them... and you will have to lure them or set the bombs on their patrol paths if you know them

OuchWACHit
3rd Jun 2004, 21:39
Id like to add another ? to the post if I may......

Exactly how many of these zombies are there on the ship...The info plack out in front of the ship entrance mentions 28 people missing in the avents that lead to there demize/disapperance....
Im not going to have to kill 28 am I?

Thats alot of firearrows and holywater....and alot of lootin' to buy em'

IS there a limit to how much holywater you can gather from the pagan hideout on the small dock? Any other spoilers you can supply that may help in gathering enough projectiles to kill a swarm of zombies on that level.

TIA

tealsmith
3rd Jun 2004, 21:47
Originally posted by OuchWACHit
Id like to add another ? to the post if I may......

Exactly how many of these zombies are there on the ship...The info plack out in front of the ship entrance mentions 28 people missing in the avents that lead to there demize/disapperance....
Im not going to have to kill 28 am I?

TIA

Depends on which difficulty you're playing on. I played on hard, and still had fire arrows to spare.

Darkaven
3rd Jun 2004, 22:21
I am on the ship right now (not far), and have only faced 3 or 4.

Not sure how big the ship is, so I don't know if there's gonna be lots... Hope there isn't.

Darkaven
3rd Jun 2004, 22:23
Originally posted by tealsmith
Depends on which difficulty you're playing on. I played on hard, and still had fire arrows to spare.

You weren't playing on ANY difficulty. The ship isn't a mission, therefore it is the same difficulty level as when you are walking on the streets. You only choose difficulty levels when you start a mission.

asrian
4th Jun 2004, 06:05
There is a limit to how much you can carry. 30 Broadheads, 15 fire arrows, 20 water arrows, 5 gas arrows, 20 flashbombs, 5 explosive mines, 5 (of each) oil/gas bomb/holy waters.

As for killing the zombies - Zombies only mind you, I have just now seen my first Haunt, an undead hammarite, and didn't kill him as I was just goofing off before I left for work - anyway, killing zombies:

If they are Unaware of your presence it takes 1 holy water, or 1 fire arrow, or 1 flashbomb, or 1 explosive mine to kill them (broad head arrows and dagger only knock them down, they will stand up again).
If they are Aware of you it takes 2 flashbombs, or 1 fire arrow, or 1 holy water. Never tried an explosive mine on the ones who knew I was there.

Basically the easiest way is to find the zombie, make sure he doesn't know you're there, and just throw a flashbomb at them. They die fast. If you wish to firearrow them, then remember that when you draw the arrow it lights you up, and the enemies can see you easier.

As for the Abysmal Gale itself I think at most there are only about 8 undead on it. I know I used 4 fire arrows and 4 flashbombs. I might have used a holy water on that level just to test them out (that's the first place I got one). It's not that hard of a level. Just watch out for "Sleeping zombies". You will hear them mumbling/snoring and when you get close enough to them, they jump up from their lying down position.
The easiest way I have for finding them is that I have subtitles on. So when I get close to one, or in the area of one, I will see three periods "..." on the screen for them mumbling and I know to watch the ground/area for them. I always stay in the crouch position though and walk slow so I rarely stumble into anything in this game.

Good luck

mark322
4th Jun 2004, 08:35
well...
thats one stupid question-
why there aren't any holy water arrows?
thats could be a cool idea....
ION storm lamed a bit...

BTW- thanks to everybody who helped me.

mark322
4th Jun 2004, 08:43
another thing-
i remember that in the builder chalice level, i've released one of the zombies from his cell, so the zomby went out and attacked the mage type man who was standing nearby.
and this mage type casted a spell on the zomby and the zomby poofed up into dust with only one hit.........
too bad that garret cant learn any dark magic spells in the game....

granmassabigdog
4th Jun 2004, 16:20
If I remember correctly, the first Thief game had holy water arrows in one of the missions. I think it was a pool of holy water that turned all your water arrows into holy water arrows...but I could be confusing this with another game.

I agree with the whole idea on allowing Garrett to be able to cast spells. Considering the fact that if you pickpocket a shamen/hammerite priest/watcher's staff, they can't cast, I would think that the staff holds all the magic. It would lead you to believe that taking the staff would at least give you some ability with magic.

P.S., if you can pick the staff of a magic user, they become COMPLETELY non-offensive.

Kaspre
4th Jun 2004, 17:21
Just to point out the obvious, you don't actually have to kill any zombies at all, if you choose not to. I just completed a pass through the Abysmal Gale and simply avoided all the zombies. They have pretty simple patrol routes and aren't all that observant. Stick to shadows and time your movements, and avoiding them is pretty easy.

I guess you could kill some zombies to make the Hammerites happy, but I found it far easier to just kill a couple of Rust Mites here and there. One broadhead arrow is far cheaper than the armament required to take down zombies.

So kill them if you like, but don't feel that its the only way through the missions. Luck!

Postscript edit: Oh, and yes, T1 had holy water arrows - kind of. Actually you could use a holy water inventory item to make *all* of your regular water arrows into holy water arrows for a short period of time. I'm not sure why things are different in T3, quite honestly. Its another one of those things that I expect they simply didn't have time to implement, although I could be mistaken. It is just as possible that they decided holy water arrows were a mistake because they are unrealistic or make the game too easy, and therefore chose not to include them in this release.

Corrosion
4th Jun 2004, 21:46
kaspre 1 broadhead arrow costs the same as 1 flash bomb so its the same amount to kill them heheh