PDA

View Full Version : Music score sheets

Ometeklan
24th Aug 2013, 00:47
Hello, everyone at Square-Enix! First, I want to say that I've been a big fan of your games since I first picked up Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X shortly after that. One of the things I've enjoyed, other than the epic storytelling that has evolved over the years, is the equally epic music in your games.

My mother-in-law heads a local youth orchestra, the Placer County Youth Orchestra (PCYO), which every year in December does a benefit concert for a specific charity. Although the theme for *this* year has already been chosen, my mother-in-law has been exposed to a lot of game music, through her own children, and now me as well. In fact, one of the ways my wife and I first bonded was over Final Fantasy. My mother-in-law has been impressed with some of the music coming from games these days and would love to do a concert in the future that features various popular games.

I was wondering if there was any way she might be able to get her hands on the scores for some of your games, if she decides she wants to include any of them in a future concert. Also, if anyone on your staff knows of resources we can use to gain access to other scores from the gaming world, any help would be appreciated. Game music has become an amazing genre, capable of great complexity and great emotion. The PCYO would love to pay tribute to this rising genre. Thank you in advance for your help.