PDA

View Full Version : Overlook Mansion

unnamednewbie13
3rd Jun 2004, 04:35
The mission objectives tell me to find a hidden switch in the study...I am assuming it is the room where the guard's sitting at the table right outside the library. Searched everywhere in there for an hour, but couldn't find any highlighted switch. Hints?

hagatha
3rd Jun 2004, 05:10
That's not the room. The study is on the very bottom floor. Keep looking.

unnamednewbie13
3rd Jun 2004, 05:36
Thanks...I must say, there's about a half-dozen rooms in this area that can pass for "a study." I sorely miss the map-design (in-game map drawings) from Thief 2.

Arcad1a
3rd Jun 2004, 05:44
Use your compass!!

unnamednewbie13
3rd Jun 2004, 05:53
I did at first, but didn't think to check on multiple levels...dumb unlabled-for-room-level maps.

BloodRiot
3rd Jun 2004, 07:00
The Study:

Suppose you are in the kitchen... Exit the kitchen to the Dinning room (not the corridor with one patrolling guard) and head to the opposite side of the dinning room... there are 2 doors, one is open and leads to a corridor to some double doors and to the staircase, and the other doors is closed and leads to a room with a fireplace, a chest, a desk with a gas lamp and a book on top... well THAT is the room

The Hidden Switch:

The Switch is under the desk with the open book and gas map on it.

TolkyN
4th Jun 2004, 09:20
i fond the hidden swith , but when I clic on , nothing happening in the mansion

G'Bariel
4th Jun 2004, 09:42
of course it does

it opens a secret door in the northern gallery, that's where u find the compendium. Listen to the gramphone in the main bedroom, it gives u all the info u need