PDA

View Full Version : Side Quests *Spoilers*

Stile451
3rd Jun 2004, 03:00
This is for those who've finished the game and my post is not spoilerized so if you don't want to see them all then don't look.

Have I missed any? I figure there should be more.

Blackmail(South Quarter)
Golden Dagger(Stonemarket)
Rust Mites & Zombies(misc)
Cornerstones & Cocoons(misc)
Jimmy the Knife(Auldale)
Zombies in the catacombs(Old Quarter)
Pagan Tree(Docks)

Quillan
3rd Jun 2004, 03:05
At least one, in the Old Quarter. There's a note on the wall outside the fence's place. Someone wants him to hire a cleaner; there's a body on the top floor of the tavern in the Docks, that needs to be taken care of. Do it, and the employer will leave money in the box outside the fence's door.

Stile451
3rd Jun 2004, 03:26
When was that? It must be time sensitive because I never saw the note when I was at the fence's or the body when I was in the tavern.

Arcad1a
3rd Jun 2004, 03:45
i missed the blackmail one what was it?

the post near the fence place

is over a drop box thing like where you put the dagger type of thing

it should be there so just look

Quillan
3rd Jun 2004, 03:49
Blackmail is your landlord. If you break into his room the first time you make it to the city, his journal is on the desk. He's being blackmailed (it doesn't specify over what), and leaves a back of money under a sewer grate in Black Alley every day. Now, every day, you can go over there and "reallocate" the wealth.

MistyDP
3rd Jun 2004, 04:35
Here is a fairly complete listing of odd jobs by city section. If you don't want to know, don't read any further.

-----------------------------------------SPOILER HERE--------------------

SOUTH QUARTER
Blackmail (read the note in the landlord's apartment)
Pavelock Prison (die to get in, loved that one)

STONEMEET
Golden Dagger (overheard on the street)
Stonecutter (hid jewels)
Release Kurshok (found by taking a left at proper entrnace)

DOCKS
Rob crazy lady's apartment (need climbing gloves)
Sapling tree (found at dock on crate, pagans & hammers want it)
ps I have the tree but have not figured out who to give it to

OLD QUARTER
Dispose of body in docks tavern (read note Ramien's apartment)

AULDALE
Burglarize Fogerty's Gold Smithery

Stile451
3rd Jun 2004, 17:51
Oh yeah, right, I forgot about the stonecutter and the kurshok.

Crazy lady apartment? Is that the one near the entrance? I never got a side quest for that one although you may be talking about another one.

Dryzzt
3rd Jun 2004, 19:49
Originally posted by MistyDP
Sapling tree (found at dock on crate, pagans & hammers want it)
ps I have the tree but have not figured out who to give it to

Either burn the tree in the tavern overlooking the "Abysmal Gale" (to please Hammerites) or plant the sapling in Pagan territory in the docks. To do the latter, find an a circle of green markers on the ground floor in the Pagan's building of the docks. Step up to the circle until it turns blue, then activate it.

--Dryzzt

MistyDP
3rd Jun 2004, 23:30
Thanks
Right now I am allied with both pagans and hammerites but I am starting the sunken citadel mission and I don't know if blackjacking any pagans down here will hurt my standing (same with clocktower for hammers) so I will wait and see then use the tree if it does.

The crazy lady apartment is the one near the entrance. You're right it's not a quest per se but it was listed as an odd job in my strategy guide so I added it in case anyone missed it.

Odyseeos
3rd Jun 2004, 23:47
The one in the Docks, I believe, is a Sea Captain who saw the Cetus Amicus. That was a reference to something that happened in Thief 2. He wasn't crazy at all. People just didn't believe him.

'Cetus' is a Latin word for 'whale'. 'Friendly whale'. It was an unfriendly submarine.

For the general thread, you might want to include the Pirate Assassin who waits for Garrett in the South Quarter. He's out to avenge the robbery of the blind widow. He has a speech for it, if you're hiding nearby.

There's also at least one other waiting assassin in the same place later. A heavy-set guy. He's perhaps connected to that same idea, but I never heard him speak. He'd just come charging in if G* wasn't careful. This was before the riots, so that was not the cause.

mjstc
4th Jun 2004, 03:11
I killed the widow, drank the wine and took the loot and no one came after me! + Launched her cat across the dining room 3 times : ) (see fun glitch thread)

Odyseeos
8th Jun 2004, 02:58
The Pirate was in the South Quarter. My memory is a little vague... but he's somewhere at the end wall passing between rhw Well section and the Stonemarket exit, I believe. That Pirate is marching back and forth and says something like, "I'll teach him to rob the poor widow," and some other things. I can't remember exactly.

Lady Elizabeth also comes with Assassins, but that's a much more clearly marked occasion.

herechickychicky
8th Jun 2004, 03:14
I never came across the robbing of the crazy ladies apartment or the widow's thug trying to teach me a lesson even though I robbed her of her gold and didn't give her wine. I also forgot all about the stone cutters thing too, dang it!

Is the daggar side quest the one with the thief that impersonates Garrett?

Stile451
8th Jun 2004, 05:02
Yeah, the one with the "real" Garret.

MrWynd
8th Jun 2004, 05:45
what about stuff like, robbing the tavern in stonem