PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Purchasing from Amazon

ProtonStorm
23rd Aug 2013, 22:19
Hey, so I am planning to get the ps3 version of the game. Now, I know that the code that I get with it allows me to play the game on the ps3 for as long as I want without ever even needing the disk. However, I was initerested in hearing opinions on what order plan I should go with. Since I don't need it day one, I would prefer not to pay to day shipping, but the free shipping takes forever (in past experiences) since it goes through the USPS. Any suggestions?

Roguekitty
23rd Aug 2013, 23:55
Maybe a middle option? Not one day, but they usually have one that takes 3 business days or so, isn't there?

Tenken89
31st Aug 2013, 21:58
Or do i have to wait till it arrives in the mail? For the PS3 version by the way.

jbo2002
31st Aug 2013, 22:03
you will get a code but i recommend not wasting youre money. i bought my game on monday. ive been able to play 2 times this week. with no fault of my own. the servers are full. all the time

RedcapSue
1st Sep 2013, 01:35
I bought it through amazon and I got a "Early Access Code" right away. I was able to log in twice since the launch with trouble. That's it. I did NOT get any other code other than the early access code and I have checked my spam. Of course I now get the prompt to add that code to even try and play but I don't have it. I am assuming from what I have read trying to contact CS right now is probably not going to be a productive endeavor. So I am putting it on Hold until next week in hopes things might be more resolved by then.

Frankly, I have spoken to Amazon about getting the purchase refunded. I know some of you say its expected launch hiccups but I've been playing MMO's for years and seen many a launch including a lot of bad ones. Almost all of these issues were handled within 3 days. CS was offering free time and help immediately and updates were every few hours. I have NEVER seen anything like this. At this point none of us truly know when we can expect to use our paid for game. It could be tomorrow, it could be next month, it could be never. Those of us who lost early access and free play time don't know yet if we will be reimbursed in some fashion. People have very real issues logging in and getting access codes and there is NO CS for this. If you want to cancel your purchase and just get your money back, good luck you can't get into the CS dept. Our money has gone down a dark hole and we have no idea how it will end up.

I truly hope they get it together and everyone heaves a big sigh of relief but I have a bad feeling about this. So I'm mentally preparing myself for my $50 bucks has gone down the tubes and pretty much figure it will be a few weeks or a month before things are sorted out.

Akasha-Xieon
1st Sep 2013, 01:49
please don't spend your hard earned money on this game, I only got to play for three days before I got booted from the se server and had my account suspended for no reason.

Art-of-Blitzkrieg
9th Sep 2013, 15:30
I don't suppose anyone knows when they will start selling this game again? in particular on the PC CDROM

I can't find anyone in the U.K that's stocking this for the PC it's only the PS3 that it seems available for.

AoB

Hippy_Pickle
9th Sep 2013, 15:34
Amazon (UK) have PC copies but they are from 3rd party sellers and the price has been ramped up to at least £40.

PS3 copies are still available direct from Amazon at £22.09

EDIT: Play.com also have this for PC but again it's 3rd party sellers for £39.99 :(

Art-of-Blitzkrieg
9th Sep 2013, 15:58
Amazon (UK) have PC copies but they are from 3rd party sellers and the price has been ramped up to at least £40.

PS3 copies are still available direct from Amazon at £22.09

EDIT: Play.com also have this for PC but again it's 3rd party sellers for £39.99 :(

Cheers Hippy, i checked there also and found that the dispatch time was 6 - 10 days? which leads me to believe they don't have it in stock. I just find it strange that everyone is sold out, but it's still available on the PS3.

Hippy_Pickle
10th Sep 2013, 08:12
The game is in high demand and PC users make up at least 70% of the gamers currently on it. The longer dispatch times are kinda average for 3rd party sellers. I'm totally happy with how the game plays and looks on the PS3 but after seeing some higher setting screenshots and footage from the PC I can tell why it's in high demand, looks stunning! Roll on the PS4 for me lol

zakard
10th Sep 2013, 08:12
i just got mine today,called few walmart-ebgame friday and was all sold out,call back monday and one of the walmart just receive few copy :) i was lucky to call at the right time.overall,check your store often,look like some still receive copy of the game.

im from canada between

Hippy_Pickle
10th Sep 2013, 08:20
im from canada between

So you'll have an awesome connection to the servers then since the NA / EU ones are hosted there!

Wikkr1
12th Sep 2013, 09:33
seems the states have had an influx of new hard copies, either that or its just copies that were held back originally

ukhenry
12th Sep 2013, 15:51
Anybody know of any fare priced online sites I could order from I have checked all my local stores no stock, amazon has double the price and ebay is no good a reg key from hong kong won't work for me

Hippy_Pickle
12th Sep 2013, 15:57
I gather you're after the PC version? I've only seen the over inflated prices on amazon and play.com, hopefully if the latest maintenance has gone well we may see sales resuming within the next week or 2 at most (this is obviously speculation on available info).

ukhenry
12th Sep 2013, 16:04
lets hope so then if I can't buy in 2 weeks maybe I will force my self to be conned to buy a copy for £59 :D

Wikkr1
12th Sep 2013, 20:54
if all goes well digital sales will resume after the weekend. IF all goes well. On the plus side they have finally acknowledged those of us sat waiting so now we just wait

TheRealKraggy
13th Sep 2013, 06:48
Available on Amazon UK for 44.95, that's "inflated"? What was the Store priced before SE suspended sales?

Hippy_Pickle
13th Sep 2013, 08:05
Available on Amazon UK for 44.95, that's "inflated"? What was the Store priced before SE suspended sales?

That's certainly inflated Kraggy, it's only £21 ish for the PS3 and PC versions are always cheaper than console, it was only £16.99 for pre-orders on PC version

TheRealKraggy
13th Sep 2013, 10:11
Really? So Amazon third-parties are trying to make a huge mark-up from desperate punters? Seems like a good reason to avoid said parties. :(

Hippy_Pickle
13th Sep 2013, 10:15
Yeah, it's like ticket touts for big festivals or music gigs, as soon as people like this who do tout knew the sales had halted they would have bought up all they could find so they can resell at stupid prices. Alas this is the dog eat dog world we live in :(

ChuffyChuff
13th Sep 2013, 19:15
You can a digital download (EU) at GameKeysNow, for £24.99, not exactly a bargain, but also not £45 they are charging on Amazon.

p.s - Please delete if this post is considered spam / advertising & breaks some rule, I am just trying to be helpful as I know a lot of people have been in the same position as me, trying to get hold of a digital copy from a non-dodgy store.

ukhenry
14th Sep 2013, 11:37
You can a digital download (EU) at GamersKeyNow, for £24.99, not exactly a bargain, but also not £45 they are charging on Amazon.

p.s - Please delete if this post is considered spam / advertising & breaks some rule, I am just trying to be helpful as I know a lot of people have been in the same position as me, trying to get hold of a digital copy from a non-dodgy store.

Is this legit though may I ask? I would gladly pay 25 but its not a website I have ever heard of

Dardarus
14th Sep 2013, 11:55
https://www.gamekeysnow.com/keys/Final-Fantasy-XIV:-A-Realm-Reborn

i bought it this morning, downloading client as we speak

Deaths_order
14th Sep 2013, 12:38
How did you start to download the client? I go to add a game and the code that Gamekeysnow sent me doesn't match up with what Square are asking for.

Edited. My bad you have to donwnload the client from Gamekeysnow just scroll down a little on the add to cart page =).

A_Frozen_Poo
14th Sep 2013, 13:17
Amazon uk its £17.99 for a timecard on pc or thehut.com has the collectors edition for 49.99 or @ compare prices http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-final-fantasy-14-a-realm-reborn-cd-key-compare-prices/

ChuffyChuff
14th Sep 2013, 15:32
Is this legit though may I ask? I would gladly pay 25 but its not a website I have ever heard of

I hadn't heard of them either, and am also dubious of many websites (I have seen FF14 available on dodgy gold seller sites), but then I had never heard of Amazon or Steam at one time.

However I asked a couple of friends and one of them has used them without any issue, they have been registered as a Ltd company since 2007, provide a phone number and address, etc and they allow Paypal so you don't have to provide any credit card info to them. Also check out their Facebook page, they have some more info / videos on themselves there.

So I went ahead with, it all went through quickly, they send you an email with a scanned image of the game code from the boxed product, I am happily playing FF14.

P.S - They are now sold out again, and it was "GameKeysNow", the link Dardarus gives a couple of posts above, not "GamersKeyNow" their bland generic name caused me to misremember.

bugrimmar
17th Sep 2013, 11:26
I don't know why, but my country, the Philippines, doesn't appear on any of the country lists.. How am I supposed to purchase the game then? I don't understand what I'm supposed to do...

TheRealKraggy
17th Sep 2013, 13:08
Do a Google search on 'FFXIV singapore' and you'll see that others share your problem. In one thread someone mentions buying it from Amazon EU:

http://einsofgaming.com/forums/index.php?topic=448.0

There's also this post from a guild looking for SIngapore players on ZAM, maybe dropping them a post may help you find someone to tell you how they bought the game:

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=238&mid=1378277507321722978&h=50

Finally, here's a SIngapore-based forum where the game is discussed so they should be able to help:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/official-thread-final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-august-27th-$24-pre-order-4225059.html

Seems SE don't really want Singapore players, or at least haven't made it easy to let you pay them to play. Good luck.

mikkopacasum
13th Apr 2014, 03:41
HELP PLS. i have the activation key but i didnt receive any code. i emailed amazon and they said the game doesnt need a reg code

ZappiY
25th May 2014, 02:36
http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Reborn-Download/dp/B00CMSCV4Q

If i were to buy the game from this link, would i need to buy a subscription fee and if i were to buy this game, where would i need to go and what would i need to do?

Sorry for this really nooby question.

Hippy_Pickle
27th May 2014, 10:32
It should come with 30 days game time then after that you need to subscribe.

Nobbynobs
15th Sep 2014, 17:05
So I've been really interested in buying/playing this game.

I saw the game for sale on steam and did some research first and saw that a lot of ppl are having problems with the payments (purchase pending). So I though to buy it directly from square enix until I came across this forum and saw that a lot of ppl are having the same problem.

My question is if I buy a hard copy of the game (so with an install disc or whatever) from amazon or from another store, will I have the same issue that I won't be able to play or will it go a lot easier & faster this way?

Cheers for any help :).
Greets.

saras659
3rd Jun 2017, 11:33
i got the new expansion from a store which i found here as the cheapest one... https://www.pccdkeys.com/product/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-cd-key-steam/

zicfrid
20th Jul 2017, 09:07
moi perso j'ai le jeu en dématérialisé sur ps4 mais pour utiliser l'autentificateur j'ai besoin du code License du jeu et je ne sait pas ou le trouver