PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV Q and A: Early Access and Launch

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 19:53
Alright, hello everyone! I am here to answer some common concerns when it comes to this Final Fantasy XIV Early Access and Launch situation! I'll attempt to make this as comprehensive as I can so people will be able to get their issues resolved, please bare with me as this is going to be a long message!

First, the whole Early Access Code situation! If you are in NA or EU, I advise the first thing you do is check your email, including your Spam folders! Also, specifically for NA customers, check the emails they sent you AFTER purchasing if you used the Square Enix store for a section called "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package" underneath it will be a code, 18 digits in a 6 Letter- 3 Number- 6 Letter- 3 Number format. For example ABCDEF-123-ABCDEF-123. Once you receive this 18 digit code you will register the code at http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com Also, to prevent later complications, you will need to also create an account here: https://secure.square-enix.com/account as this account you're using for the forums is SEPARATE from the account you will be attaching the 20 digit PC/12 digit PSN code to!

EU Customers will get the 20 digit account code directly sent to them if they ordered through the Square Enix store, which you can enter on your first log in on the PC and the 12 digit code needed that you can enter into the PSN for PS3 pre-orders. EU users will also want to set up an account at https://secure.square-enix.com/account (it should automatically direct you to your region's account log in and creation site). EU Customers that did NOT Pre-Order through the Square Enix Store will also receive an 18 digit code which you can redeem for your second code here: http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com

Also, due to the merger of the NA and EU Members Websites causing some issues with accessing the appropriate region store, here are the links to the stores for EU and NA regions!

NA Customers: http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/DisplayHomePage
EU Customers: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/

If you have not received your code and you are an NA customer, contact Digital River customer support via this phone number 1-952-253-1234, they are the ones that handle all of the NA Square Enix store transactions and will be able to supply you with a code, the most common error related to this is the email address you registered rejecting the emails for some reason!

UPDATE: The Official English Twitter account has updated that invalid code error due to regions has been RESOLVED and are advising people to input their codes again at the pre-order code redemption sites! Here are the links again for everyone:

NA: http://preorder.na.finalfantasy.com
EU: http://preorder.eu.finalfantasy.com

EU Customers please call your local Square Enix branch Customer Support service directly, to prevent confusion as I am an NA user, I am not supplying phone numbers due to not knowing them! You will be able to find it with a quick Google (or other search engine) search by typing in the "Square Enix Customer Support Phone" and finding your regions!

After Redeeming the 18 digit Pre-Order code for either the 20 Digit PC code or the 12 Digit PSN code, should you run into issues related to receiving a code for the wrong region, you will want to contact your local Square Enix Customer Support. The NA number for this is 1-310-846-0345.

Once you get everything installed, if you run into issues with launching the Final Fantasy XIV program on your PC, make sure you have either uninstalled or disabled your anti-virus COMPLETELY as there have been issues with certain anti-virus programs preventing the Launcher from updating.

To people that played version 1.0. You will be able to play the game at LAUNCH, not Early Access, for free until September 9th, at which point you will be required to pay to play. You will not have to buy the actual game again, unless you wish to play on the PS3, which will then grant you an additional 30 days of free play once you register the game to your Service Account at https://secure.square-enix.com/account Account related services in regards to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be transferred to the Mog Station website either on Launch Day or SHORTLY after. The Mog Station is set up to consolidate the Final Fantasy XIV account service actions to one place in order to make it easier to work with rather than confusing like it currently is.

1.0 Players that achieved Legacy Status by paying for 90 days for game time starting from January 2012 (give a month or so) until payment and registration services shut down in September 2012 will be granted Early Access AND are able to play free until September 9th, along with the Legacy Chocobo bonus. Legacy Account holders will NOT be receiving any of the other Pre-Order bonuses (the Moogle Cap and Cait Sith minion) physical, or digital unless they have pre-ordered another copy of the game.

1.0 Collector's Edition owners will receive the Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition items as long as they have registered the 1.0 Onion Knight Helm code that was found in the Collector's Edition packaging. You may register this code after launch to receive the A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition items.

1.0 Owners that never registered their products may do so after launch. You will not receive any of the bonuses however, unless you were a Collector's Edition owner. You will still receive the 30 days of Free Play time once your product is registered.

For people getting errors related to logging into the game, on both PS3 and PC related to their not being a valid service account on the account you're logging in with. This error is related to you not having participated in the Open Beta, and I would recommend calling your local Square Enix customer service to see if this issue will prevent logging in during Early Access and to get the issue resolved.

For people getting errors related to trying to log into the Official Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone Forums (not this one) saying that there is no character data, that is also related to not participating in the Open Beta and will be resolved if you play again during Early Access or Launch. To my knowledge, characters solely created in the Open Beta, without having a previous 1.0 Service Account, will be unable to log in. Once you successfully log into the Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone Forums, you will be given a list of your characters to select as your main character (the character that is shown as the picture and has their details listed to the left of your posts) You will need to click the star in the upper left corner of the Character Portrait of the one you wish to designate as your main character. This will allow you access to post in the Forums. I suggest choosing the character with the Highest level that you currently have as there are posting and thread creation restrictions tied to the levels of characters!

For people that are wondering when early access starts, it will start at 2 a.m. PDT/3 a.m. MST/4 a.m. CDT/5 a.m. EDT/9 a.m GMT August 24th. You can also check here for a countdown clock (in the upper left corner of the page) to know how many hours until Early Access is available: http://arrstatus.com

If you have any other questions, or feel I missed something (there is a lot of information I've gathered these past couple days so it's hard to keep track of it all) then feel free to either send me a PM on this website OR comment with your questions/concerns below! I will do my best to reply to as many as I possibly can! (I am unfortunately busy today so my response times MAY be slow!)

EDIT: For those that are curious, here are the pricing models for subscriptions to the game! I'm providing both the EU and NA model links! They will be the second section on the Pricing/Platforms page if it doesn't automatically send you there! Hope this helps answer some questions!

NA: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/index.html
EU: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/index.html

I hope this helps everyone and I'll see you all in Eorzea!

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 20:03
Thanks everyone should read this, cant have anymore help then provided here.

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 20:06
Thanks, Mashr! You too, Mallust!
Both of you have been doing a great job helping people figure out issues here!

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 20:25
Don't like bumping but I want to make sure this thread stays visible! Again, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask away and I'll attempt to address them in my original post!

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 21:56
Hoping the silence in regards to this thread means people are getting their issues solved :D

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 23:16
bump

Unbroken
23rd Aug 2013, 23:30
Ok, so I ordered the pc online download version of FFXIV, got my code immediately after and did nothing with it for about a week and a half. When I try to input the first code to get the second one, the screen gets stuck at the 'Working. Please Wait' screen, like it's trying, but it never goes through. No error message, nothing. I've put in a ticket, but it's been a day and a half, no response.

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 23:31
Close the window and try again?
The servers might still be congested and acting slowly.

Unbroken
23rd Aug 2013, 23:35
I have been, and will continue to do so, but it's been the same response for a day now, with regular checking. My main concern is, is this a common problem that a lot of people are having? I see a bunch of people with error messages, but I don't even get that. I haven't gotten in contact with anybody from SE, so I don't even know if they maybe sent me a EU code (I'm NA) and they never helped me replace it or what. I haven't gotten an email from them since I bought the game and made an account here.

PoppaDoc
23rd Aug 2013, 23:47
Great post! SE should cut u a check for ur time and work^^

Orphenus
23rd Aug 2013, 23:49
Great thread to answer questions but mine still hasn't gotten a good response. Everything was going great this morning then I went to enter the early access code and it said it had already been redeemed. Game shows on my account but my early access code I received in my email is not working.

Oogabear
23rd Aug 2013, 23:53
many thanks for the effort to compile all the helpful information.. :)

unfortunately; my code still does not work. i am still getting a EU code after entering the 18 digit code

Mashr2010
24th Aug 2013, 00:10
Great thread to answer questions but mine still hasn't gotten a good response. Everything was going great this morning then I went to enter the early access code and it said it had already been redeemed. Game shows on my account but my early access code I received in my email is not working.

This is an issue you will have to call your regions Square Enix support center for. It has happened to a few people and that's the only thing that can really fix it. Apologies for not being able to help more!

many thanks for the effort to compile all the helpful information.. :)

unfortunately; my code still does not work. i am still getting a EU code after entering the 18 digit code

A quick question, have you tried inputting it or does it just look the same? Also, if it's still saying invalid region then I suggest calling Square Enix as soon as you can to attempt to get this fixed, I posted their Customer Support number in my original post. Sorry I can't help you further, I am just stopping by this thread on my way out of the house again >_>

Kianos
24th Aug 2013, 00:11
Greetings, Mellust.

I had read your post, regarding the details for each and every aspect upon getting the full extent of the game we've purchased. I do happen to have two concerns that I wish to bring to your attention and hopefully can be answered. Granted, I realize that more than enough information has been provided here but there are at least 1 to 2 answers that I don't fully grasp and I'm hoping you can provide the specifics. The first concern I have is about the Collector's Edition Items. I did indeed purchased the Collector's Edition and it was done in the PSN Shop of course. My first concern is when and how will I know if I truly got the items that came with the purchase? In other words...where would I need to look to know for sure that my character receives them? I know this first question may seem a bit newbish but regardless, I need to know since I missed my chance to play the beta from the 16th and am curious if I'll get the contents during either this coming early access beta or will have to wait for the official release, you know?

My second concern relates to the statement you made here...

1.0 Collector's Edition owners will receive the Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition items as long as they have registered the 1.0 Onion Knight Helm code that was found in the Collector's Edition packaging. You may register this code after launch to receive the A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition items.

The sentence in bulk truly had me concerned because when I purchased the Collector's Edition, there was no such "Onion Knight Helm" code sent to me, let alone found anywhere after purchase. Does this code, that you speak of, only apply to PC users or perhaps for those who bought the physical case via copies or does it also apply to PS3 users that bought the digital version as well? If it applies to PS3 users, I would like to know why I have not received anything after the purchase, let alone any confirmation if my items will be in the game...

The worst part of all this is that I only have today left before the open beta launches tomorrow. That said, I want to at least be prepared. Does purchasing the Collector's Edition in a PSN store simply apply all the contents that are already in the system or do I still NEED a voucher code? I hope you can get back to me before the end of Friday. Thank you for your time.

Mashr2010
24th Aug 2013, 00:17
Greetings, Mellust.

I had read your post, regarding the details for each and every aspect upon getting the full extent of the game we've purchased. I do happen to have two concerns that I wish to bring to your attention and hopefully can be answered. Granted, I realize that more than enough information has been provided here but there are at least 1 to 2 answers that I don't fully grasp and I'm hoping you can provide the specifics. The first concern I have is about the Collector's Edition Items. I did indeed purchased the Collector's Edition and it was done in the PSN Shop of course. My first concern is when and how will I know if I truly got the items that came with the purchase? In other words...where would I need to look to know for sure that my character receives them? I know this first question may seem a bit newbish but regardless, I need to know since I missed my chance to play the beta from the 16th and am curious if I'll get the contents during either this coming early access beta or will have to wait for the official release, you know?

My second concern relates to the statement you made here...

The sentence in bulk truly had me concerned because when I purchased the Collector's Edition, there was no such "Onion Knight Helm" code sent to me, let alone found anywhere after purchase. Does this code, that you speak of, only apply to PC users or perhaps for those who bought the physical case via copies or does it also apply to PS3 users that bought the digital version as well? If it applies to PS3 users, I would like to know why I have not received anything after the purchase, let alone any confirmation if my items will be in the game...

The worst part of all this is that I only have today left before the open beta launches tomorrow. That said, I want to at least be prepared. Does purchasing the Collector's Edition in a PSN store simply apply all the contents that are already in the system or do I still NEED a voucher code? I hope you can get back to me before the end of Friday. Thank you for your time.

I'm happy to help, don't worry about asking questions! :D

First, the Pre-Order bonus items will be on the Delivery Moogles that you will find in various towns and outposts throughout the game. You will also find one in each of the starting cities! Talk to them and they will have mail for your character which will contain the Pre-Order bonus items!

Second, that statement only pertains to people that bought the original games Collector's Edition! Since, based on what you said, I'm assuming you bought the PS3 Digital Collector's Edition, you will either receive a code through you PSN account (to either the email associated with it or directly to your messages on the system) or it will possibly automatically register a Collector's Edition bonus to your account. The Collector's Edition items will also be delivered via the Delivery Moogle in game, and will be able to be picked up on the 27th!

If you have any other questions, or I didn't answer your original questions fully, let me know! I'll be checking this thread again when I get back home in a few hours!

Kianos
24th Aug 2013, 00:23
Thank you so much, Mash. This was EXTREMELY helpful. I greatly appreciate it and am relieved to finally get confirmation on this. The very curiosity was haunting me all week and I was simply too swamped with work to find the time to ask my questions until now. So again, thank you so much, Mash. You're awesome!

TerakAlonia
24th Aug 2013, 00:24
The only confirmation we are getting that our bonus items have been entered into the system is when you link accounts. If you have a PC account and then log in an Early Access code on PSN a pop-up window asks if you would like to link accounts. If you say yes, then a window shows a list of bonus items you are getting. There is no other confirmation yet.

Oogabear
24th Aug 2013, 01:01
A quick question, have you tried inputting it or does it just look the same? Also, if it's still saying invalid region then I suggest calling Square Enix as soon as you can to attempt to get this fixed, I posted their Customer Support number in my original post. Sorry I can't help you further, I am just stopping by this thread on my way out of the house again >_>

I have tried inputting multiple times; the reason why I did that was because of the tweet from FFXIV - but still i am getting the EU code.

No worries, it is not your fault. I am not alone though; there are others with same problem

sellako
24th Aug 2013, 01:05
This thread was very helpfull, thanks. I Still have a doubt if anyone could answer me:
I have done the entire registration process, 18 digit code, 20 digit code, updated my client today (was able to log in the launcher without any problems) but i wonder about this, i can see my game registered on http://na.square-enix.com/us/ , but in https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account theres nothing in there, only a final fantasy 14 that was registered on jun 28 2013 during beta, isnt that weird? Its like the 20 digit code wasnt registered there! Is this how it should be?

Hellishly
24th Aug 2013, 01:34
Nice post, but doesn't help me one bit.

I had an existing NA account from FFXI era. Pre-ordered Collectors edition here in Australia, and applied the pre-order code August 18th. Never received a second code from SE at all.
Went to see what was up with that and see if I could get the code and logged into my account through the redemption link. It automatically took me to the EU site.
The first inkling I had that something was up was that it was asking me account details that should already have been there. Put those in and try to get to my copy of FFXIV and it says I have no games attached to my account. So I open the launcher, log in and sure enough it tells me I don't have a copy of FFXIV attached to my account.
So I go back and this time log in through "account.square-enix.com" which takes me to the NA site. And there clear as day is my copy of FFXIV.

What has happened is Square Enix have created duplicate accounts (same email/password) and attached my game to the wrong one. Leaving me with no game on the one I need it to be on (my EU one).
And I cannot get Customer Support at all to even start getting this fixed.

After looking around a lot, it seems there is a number of people in my position. Accounts duplicated because of the EU/NA thing, and game on the wrong account.

Buche809
24th Aug 2013, 02:15
I preorder for ps3 and still no code and it ask for one

Ltwingnut
24th Aug 2013, 02:21
Thank you for the information.
Just wanted to pat you folks on the back. I had no difficulties at all. Registration was a breeze.
I'm sure tonight is going to be an all nighter. Thank you all for working so hard.
Maybe see some of you in game.

Stormvanguard
24th Aug 2013, 02:28
I still don't get the code, are there any other ways to contact Digital river blah blah blah, to get the code? I'm not comfortable with telephone

Mallust
24th Aug 2013, 02:58
I still don't get the code, are there any other ways to contact Digital river blah blah blah, to get the code? I'm not comfortable with telephone

You can only contact Digital River by phone or use this site and try if your in North America if in Europe no clue.
https://www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=DisplayHomePage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale=en_US

Mallust
24th Aug 2013, 02:59
bump, this stuff at top is good info.

Mallust
24th Aug 2013, 03:18
bump

Tathata
24th Aug 2013, 03:24
6 hours till EA....

Hilzarie
24th Aug 2013, 03:33
Very helpful post for people experiencing all varieties of problems!
I had a kind of silly problem that I resolved this afternoon and wanted to share in case anyone else had the same issue:
I pre-ordered on Monday from my local Gamestop, but I did not receive a code. The in-store employees were as helpful as they could be, but told me that they themselves hadn't gotten their access codes, either. I tried e-mailing Gamestop, but got a general form reply about how pre-order bonuses may be limited.
If this happened to you, go BACK to Gamestop! They have now received extra early-access codes and can link it to your pre-existing pre-order! The employees were more than happy to help and were able to print off my code in minutes. I registered it when I got home and have had no problems. Downloading now.

Hope this can help anyone else who may have had that problem!

Stormvanguard
24th Aug 2013, 03:33
I already check the findmyorder, only one order appear and I purchase it 2 times, 1 code at a time. And I already got that one code
still, thanks for the help :)

Mashr2010
24th Aug 2013, 03:55
Finally home to answer some questions! I'll respond to this thread again in the morning as it's getting late here! Apologies in advance for anything that I misunderstood with your questions or that I failed to address! And thank you to Mallust and Brigit who have been helping me with these thread responses, it's appreciated!

The only confirmation we are getting that our bonus items have been entered into the system is when you link accounts. If you have a PC account and then log in an Early Access code on PSN a pop-up window asks if you would like to link accounts. If you say yes, then a window shows a list of bonus items you are getting. There is no other confirmation yet.

That is correct, thank you for pointing it out. As you stated it will not show on the Account Management site (the secure link) at least not until after launch when the entirety of the service account details are available for view!

I have tried inputting multiple times; the reason why I did that was because of the tweet from FFXIV - but still i am getting the EU code.

No worries, it is not your fault. I am not alone though; there are others with same problem

At this point you will have to call Square Enix Customer Support. Hopefully they can get this resolved for you so you can play ASAP!

This thread was very helpfull, thanks. I Still have a doubt if anyone could answer me:
I have done the entire registration process, 18 digit code, 20 digit code, updated my client today (was able to log in the launcher without any problems) but i wonder about this, i can see my game registered on http://na.square-enix.com/us/ , but in https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account theres nothing in there, only a final fantasy 14 that was registered on jun 28 2013 during beta, isnt that weird? Its like the 20 digit code wasnt registered there! Is this how it should be?

That is how it should be! That site will not show the full details right now, just that there was something registered for the game itself (in this case the beta version). Promotional codes for Early Access and other items are not viewable at this point in time as the website was locked down in preparation for A Realm Reborn launching! Rest assured though, your code should be registered just fine!

Nice post, but doesn't help me one bit.

I had an existing NA account from FFXI era. Pre-ordered Collectors edition here in Australia, and applied the pre-order code August 18th. Never received a second code from SE at all.
Went to see what was up with that and see if I could get the code and logged into my account through the redemption link. It automatically took me to the EU site.
The first inkling I had that something was up was that it was asking me account details that should already have been there. Put those in and try to get to my copy of FFXIV and it says I have no games attached to my account. So I open the launcher, log in and sure enough it tells me I don't have a copy of FFXIV attached to my account.
So I go back and this time log in through "account.square-enix.com" which takes me to the NA site. And there clear as day is my copy of FFXIV.

What has happened is Square Enix have created duplicate accounts (same email/password) and attached my game to the wrong one. Leaving me with no game on the one I need it to be on (my EU one).
And I cannot get Customer Support at all to even start getting this fixed.

After looking around a lot, it seems there is a number of people in my position. Accounts duplicated because of the EU/NA thing, and game on the wrong account.

Do you have anything important on the old account that you registered Final Fantasy XI on, that pertains to Final Fantasy XIV? If not you can create a new account in the EU region in order to register the Final Fantasy XIV Pre-Order bonuses and the game itself!

I preorder for ps3 and still no code and it ask for one

Where did you pre-order it from?

I already check the findmyorder, only one order appear and I purchase it 2 times, 1 code at a time. And I already got that one code
still, thanks for the help :)

Did you do the find my order using the Order number or the card number + email address option? If you did the card + email, both orders should have appeared! Otherwise you will want to call Digital River, there number is in my original post! Hope this helps!

Buche809
24th Aug 2013, 03:56
On the ps3

Mashr2010
24th Aug 2013, 04:01
On the ps3

Check your Messages in the Friends List section, also check the email attached to your PSN account. If you have not received one in either place, then I would suggest contacting Sony Customer Support. Their NA Customer Support Line is here: 1-800-345-7669 If you are not NA, then use Google to find your regions Sony Customer Support number (I'm trying to be as helpful as I can and so I'm trying to prevent spreading wrong information by not including regions I don't know 100% the numbers of, apologies!)

RukuKabe
24th Aug 2013, 05:11
I pre-ordered a while back and can't find my early access code on any of the emails and I went to the invoice and checked every document possible and can't find it. I tried checking with Digital River and when I sent them a request for my password twice, I still haven't gotten an email. I sent a request to Customer Service for my early access code and password for the order if possible. Is there a specific email I should check for the pre order code?

Tantha
24th Aug 2013, 05:21
For people getting errors related to logging into the game, on both PS3 and PC related to their not being a valid service account on the account you're logging in with. This error is related to you not having participated in the Open Beta, and I would recommend calling your local Square Enix customer service to see if this issue will prevent logging in during Early Access and to get the issue resolved.

This is all well and good except for I have been trying to get this issue fixed on another game I tried to buy a month ago the same time I preordered. It was never fixed they cancelled my purchase of the other game. I asked if this would effect my preorder.. they said no hey would have it fixed before then. I asked to have my preorder changed to a different account, was told they could not. I couldn't play BETA because of this glitch I couldn't register to play it. My account says my game is registered, but I can't put in my code I got after entering my first one because of it saying my account isn't actively registered. Playing BETA should have no effect on early access for pre-ordering. Also I did not get home in time to call anyone on this and they are not open on the weekends.........so I have to lose out on my early access? If they had any kind of customer service they would have support working for this over their starting weekend.

johnequickiii
24th Aug 2013, 05:29
I wish they would've made some sort of preorder for people that participated in the beta and already had a client.

How would I go about getting a service account upon official release?

Tantha
24th Aug 2013, 05:42
SO I have found this and think it fixes this problem

I encountered the "You cannot login as your service account has not been activated.” What should I do?

This means that there is no permission to play the game on the Square Enix account you are currently logged in with.

If you have a pre-order code, please visit the link below and redeem the code as indicated in the FAQ article.
http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=67922
* Please note that you cannot change the service account you redeemed the code with, so please ensure you select the correct account at the time.

The exact dates when registration/promotion codes can be redeemed for the retail version are currently undetermined.
Please keep an eye out for a follow up announcement.

The code is used differently for the Windows and PlayStation®3 versions of the game.

Windows
Enter your pre-order code on the dedicated registration site:
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlypre?rgn=en

PlayStation®3
Enter the pre-order code on your PlayStation®3 console, using either of the following methods:

・PS3 system [XMB(X Media Bar)] → [Account Management] → [Redeem Codes]
・PS3 system [XMB(X Media Bar)] →[PlayStation®Store]→[Redeem Codes]

Godsgifts
24th Aug 2013, 05:51
I recently received an email giving me the PC registration, i added the code to the early access redeem site... turns out it was for the PS3 version, now what can i do?

Pixcited
24th Aug 2013, 05:55
From the websites source code....

<p class="error error_invalid_code">Error 1: There was a problem with your code. Please make sure you have entered it correctly.</p>
<p class="error error_code_already_used">Error 2: The code entered has already been used.</p>
<p class="error error_generic">Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later</p>

wyckedkline
24th Aug 2013, 06:10
what if i bought the game on playstation store how do i get my codes?

wyckedkline
24th Aug 2013, 06:24
bought my game on PS3 downloaded from the PS store how do i get my codes?

MistwalkerKilyK
24th Aug 2013, 06:35
Hi. I have a question: the first post says that if I bought the version 1.0 of FFXIV I could play the game from launch without having to buy it again unless I want to play it on PS3. I played version 1.0 on PC and I intend to play FFXIV:ARR on PC as well, but I don't know how to get the new version without buying it again.

Do I have to download it? Where and how do I do that?

Thanks for answering :)

wyckedkline
24th Aug 2013, 06:49
also bought mine on PSN how do i get my access code?

MistwalkerKilyK
24th Aug 2013, 08:07
No answers yet?

Mashr2010
24th Aug 2013, 11:39
Good Morning Everyone! Back to attempt to answer some questions! I'll be busy all day again today, so I'll get to these when I'm able!

I pre-ordered a while back and can't find my early access code on any of the emails and I went to the invoice and checked every document possible and can't find it. I tried checking with Digital River and when I sent them a request for my password twice, I still haven't gotten an email. I sent a request to Customer Service for my early access code and password for the order if possible. Is there a specific email I should check for the pre order code?

You should be checking the email your order confirmation was sent to. If you cannot locate it in any of the emails you received after placing your order, then you'll want to CALL Digital River. I put their phone number in the original post!

I agree, and I'm sorry I can't help more. You would think they would have their Support open over weekends, especially this weekend. I'm sorry I couldn't help more D: Beta doesn't really have an effect on your pre-order to my knowledge, people getting that error hadn't played in the Open Beta, but I haven't seen if this is still the case today.

This is all well and good except for I have been trying to get this issue fixed on another game I tried to buy a month ago the same time I preordered. It was never fixed they cancelled my purchase of the other game. I asked if this would effect my preorder.. they said no hey would have it fixed before then. I asked to have my preorder changed to a different account, was told they could not. I couldn't play BETA because of this glitch I couldn't register to play it. My account says my game is registered, but I can't put in my code I got after entering my first one because of it saying my account isn't actively registered. Playing BETA should have no effect on early access for pre-ordering. Also I did not get home in time to call anyone on this and they are not open on the weekends.........so I have to lose out on my early access? If they had any kind of customer service they would have support working for this over their starting weekend.

I wish they would've made some sort of preorder for people that participated in the beta and already had a client.

How would I go about getting a service account upon official release?

You would simply register your game!

I recently received an email giving me the PC registration, i added the code to the early access redeem site... turns out it was for the PS3 version, now what can i do?

When you went to redeem the Early Access code, did you click on the PC logo?

what if i bought the game on playstation store how do i get my codes?

You should be receiving them through the PSN Message system.

Hi. I have a question: the first post says that if I bought the version 1.0 of FFXIV I could play the game from launch without having to buy it again unless I want to play it on PS3. I played version 1.0 on PC and I intend to play FFXIV:ARR on PC as well, but I don't know how to get the new version without buying it again.

Do I have to download it? Where and how do I do that?

Thanks for answering :)

Apologies, I was sleeping for at least a few hours! Anyways, you can download the Open Beta client, which you can find the download link here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=5619b4001c16ec3b02e1eb8b06e5881a6f57c992 or alternatively you should also be given a link to download it when the game goes live on the 27th! Your old game discs will not work any longer, but you will be given a download! Hope this helps! :D

priincess756
24th Aug 2013, 11:49
This is good information but im having an issue, im in australia and i pre ordered the game of the sqaure enix store europe, and i did it digital so its downloadable, im on the pre order redemption site and its asking me for a 18 digit number which i never got in the confirmation email which i need to get the 20 digit number lol can someone help!

Mashr2010
24th Aug 2013, 11:52
This is good information but im having an issue, im in australia and i pre ordered the game of the sqaure enix store europe, and i did it digital so its downloadable, im on the pre order redemption site and its asking me for a 18 digit number which i never got in the confirmation email which i need to get the 20 digit number lol can someone help!

If you Pre-Ordered for PC from the Square Enix EU store, then you should receive the 20 digit code straight away, rather than the 18 digit one. Make sure to check your email thoroughly as these often are going straight to the Spam folder. If you still can't find it, I've hear EU customers have been having success simply contacting support. However, as it is the weekend I am unsure if their EU branch is open for support concerns, one would hope though. Hope this helps, and apologies if it doesn't!

priincess756
24th Aug 2013, 11:55
So i don't need to go on the redemption page and do the whole 18 digit one, that's one less thing to stress about! but yeah i never received the 20 digit code and seeing as i live in Australia it wont let me call the europe number

Mashr2010
24th Aug 2013, 12:02
So i don't need to go on the redemption page and do the whole 18 digit one, that's one less thing to stress about! but yeah i never received the 20 digit code and seeing as i live in Australia it wont let me call the europe number

Email would work as well, I normally suggest calling as it tends to be faster than waiting for an email. But no, you do not need the 18 digit one if you ordered from the Square Enix store. You'll simply need to enter the 20 digit code once you go to log into the client at any point before the 27th.

Lastedestiny
24th Aug 2013, 12:06
Thanks This helped

priincess756
24th Aug 2013, 12:10
Email would work as well, I normally suggest calling as it tends to be faster than waiting for an email. But no, you do not need the 18 digit one if you ordered from the Square Enix store. You'll simply need to enter the 20 digit code once you go to log into the client at any point before the 27th.
Thank you very much this has helped! i have emailed them so im hoping they will contact me during the week with the code! if only i could use the same code as my registration for beta!

Nasstysnaxx
24th Aug 2013, 12:32
Do you have any answers on when the servers that are currently full will be opened again? Trying to get with friends that are on Gilgamesh.

Cocodevil
24th Aug 2013, 12:50
Hi guys.
Someone here knows where I can buy pets in Gridinia ? :scratch:
Thanks !

Mashr2010
24th Aug 2013, 14:11
Do you have any answers on when the servers that are currently full will be opened again? Trying to get with friends that are on Gilgamesh.

I do not, sorry D: I think your best bet would be to keep an eye on the Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone forums for that. You can find a link to the forums in the list to the left of this page: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com

Hi guys.
Someone here knows where I can buy pets in Gridinia ? :scratch:
Thanks !

There is a shop on the opposite side of the Florist by the Gridania Aetheryte, I believe the shop is called the Black Rabbit Traders, just off the ramp from the Aetheryte if you're heading away from the Adventurer's Guild. Hope this helps!

MistwalkerKilyK
24th Aug 2013, 14:13
Apologies, I was sleeping for at least a few hours! Anyways, you can download the Open Beta client, which you can find the download link here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=5619b4001c16ec3b02e1eb8b06e5881a6f57c992 or alternatively you should also be given a link to download it when the game goes live on the 27th! Your old game discs will not work any longer, but you will be given a download! Hope this helps! :D

Don't worry about it and thanks for answering (again). I'm already downloading the client. About the old disc? Well, I'm a compulsive FF fan, so I'll keep it even if it isn't usable anymore. I even saved my Xbox 360's FFXI disc (which is in my collection together with the other FFs), but I sold the Xbox a long, long time ago... Oh well...

Good luck with the codes issue :)

TheBehemothKing
24th Aug 2013, 15:12
I am receiving Server is not Responding error when I try to login to the game client on the PS3. I have rebooted my router and PS3 and have 100% signal strength, used ethernet cable, verified chat settings are on, verified parental control settings are off, verified the game is registered to my Square account, verified the EA service is listed on PS3, unlinked/linked account to PSN account, uninstalled and redownloaded/reinstalled game, threw up several times, and have deleted my saved system data on ps3 all to no avail. Ill explain a little more of what happened:

I preorderd Collectors edition on the Square store and received my preorder code. I put that code into preorder.na.squareenix.com and received an early access code. I attempted to use that on PSN and it was invalid. Spoke with Sony and they said its EU. Called Square and they gave me a new NA early access code. Put that in and it worked and I downloaded/installed game. Launch the game and I accept the first terms and agreements. Logged in at the client area and accepted the next set of service/license agreements. When I hit Next I immediatley get the following error: "Server is not responding. Please contact Square Enix support." I continued to try all night long up until about 3 hrs ago when I realized there is no way this is just a congestion thing anymore. Tried all of the above with no luck. So, some more infor is that I played Phase 4 beta and created 4 characters: Master Vivi, Khimari Ronso, Red Xiii, and Garnet Til'alexandros; all awesome names. The only thing left I can think of is that either the code he gave me over the phone is somehow not tied to my account, if thats even possible, my regions are all screwed up still(cuz I know sometimes I would login and its EU with account number and sometimes its NA with same account number, so I possibly have two accounts, but the account my game is registered under always is the NA one), or my beta info is conflicting. So i deleted my saved system data (not the characters) and unlinked my account with PSN and when I launched the game it brings me to the screen I hadn't seen before where it says you need to create an account, link it, and confirm purchase. I got excited and continued on, but I didn't have an option to create a new account (not that I would want to just yet, cuz that would screw things up more i think since the game is registered to my current account). So I continued with this current account and logged in, got the second service license agreement again, and BAM server is not responding. It appears so quickly its like it already knows so thats why i dont think its network related. So, im thinking delete all my characters, ( which will make me have 8 heart attacks cuz that doesnt seem right, the character data is just the appearance file saved to ur PS3 and I dont think thats tied to anything) or make a new account. I feel my remaining options are all terrifying. So if anyone has any type of idea of anyway to resolve this you would make me one happy fella. Otherwise if I can't get a hold of Squares email support which they said contnues through the weekend, I might delete everything and start over with a new account. ALSO, I can't log into lodestone, probably because of the reason you stated, it says I do not have charactes, which I obviously do.

Kahleesi89
24th Aug 2013, 15:22
I cant Log into mine. Last night I put in the first code and it said error logging in so i refreshed and put it in again. Now says Error 2 code aldready inputed what do i do now?

Kitela
24th Aug 2013, 16:00
Is anyone else getting an Error code " Unable to download Patch files" [11003] [20403]. I can't even download the game to play ( I know severs are down) I disable my AV and uninstall and re-install the game client and still getting the same error code.

pagarba
24th Aug 2013, 16:07
"EU Customers will get the 20 digit account code directly sent to them if they ordered through the Square Enix store, which you can enter on your first log in on the PC and the 12 digit code needed that you can enter into the PSN for PS3 pre-orders. "

- This did not happen for me, i ordered in July, recived an invoice from SE to my email however no pre-order code. Has anyone else faced this problem ??

Gomly1980
24th Aug 2013, 21:18
"EU Customers will get the 20 digit account code directly sent to them if they ordered through the Square Enix store, which you can enter on your first log in on the PC and the 12 digit code needed that you can enter into the PSN for PS3 pre-orders. "

- This did not happen for me, i ordered in July, recived an invoice from SE to my email however no pre-order code. Has anyone else faced this problem ??

Yep.

Me and my wife both ordered through Square's store, we got the receipt for the purchase but no codes.

Rufes_Stratos
24th Aug 2013, 21:22
Yep.

Me and my wife both ordered through Square's store, we got the receipt for the purchase but no codes.

Same for me. been waiting all day getting abit annoyed =/

ThtBinkzyGuy
24th Aug 2013, 21:36

same for alot of people, im just wondering if people will get the code even at release? people are always saying they are busy give them time (you know the ones that are already playing the game) but on release they will be even more busy because they will have more players from 1.0 playing that weren't legacy and had to wait for release, im a 1.0 player so i will have the game, but though ill buy another to get into the EA and ill get my moneys worth of play time... looks like i might need to start looking for a refund, cos there is no communication between SE and us customers, they have our money so they can just take there time, if it said keys or out or whatever noone would of probably bought the game til later, but no they took my money with open arms, 1.0 was a disaster at launch and through out... this is not a good start for 2.0, wonder if they will remake the game again for 3.0 >.<

Astrolia1284
24th Aug 2013, 22:35
I see that this is a highly trafficed thread don't mean to double up, but hope others that have the same issue can be benefit if someone has the answer.

I'm in an infinite loop. I have my pre-order 20 digit early access code. I have registered it. But on the account management page, under "one-time password" I can't use/register the iPhone app because "You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code"

I finally found where I "think" you enter the 20 digit code (in order to fix this issue and register on the Account Management site) under Services and Options > Select Service > FINAL FANTASY XIV. However it says "Code registration currently unavailable." Is this an ongoing issue with the heavy usage? Or something I have done incorrectly. Is this even where I need to be looking in order to register to be able to use the iPhone App?

I was able to download the client but can't proceed without a one time password, and can't get that without the other steps I have previously stated. As I said, I am stuck...

Thanks

EDIT: I didn't need to enter it in at the login screen...wow....

Tantha
24th Aug 2013, 22:45
It said mine wasn't registered too try both f these steps.

If you have a pre-order code, please visit the link below and redeem the code as indicated in the FAQ article.
http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...la=1&kid=67922
* Please note that you cannot change the service account you redeemed the code with, so please ensure you select the correct account at the time.

The exact dates when registration/promotion codes can be redeemed for the retail version are currently undetermined.
Please keep an eye out for a follow up announcement.

The code is used differently for the Windows and PlayStation®3 versions of the game.

Windows
Enter your pre-order code on the dedicated registration site:
https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...arlypre?rgn=en

PlayStation®3
Enter the pre-order code on your PlayStation®3 console, using either of the following methods:

・PS3 system [XMB(X Media Bar)] → [Account Management] → [Redeem Codes]
・PS3 system [XMB(X Media Bar)] →[PlayStation®Store]→[Redeem Codes]

Kiritos
24th Aug 2013, 23:05
Little things like this, make me like you Mash! Great job and your always appreciated by me. Thanks again bud.

pagarba
26th Aug 2013, 20:36
From thei own site :

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?ret=contact&p=1&kid=67923&id=5383&la=2&c=58&sc=343&subject=have+no+code+after+payment

*If you have pre-ordered the PC version of the game from the Square Enix Store, you will receive the Pre-order Bonus code (20 digit) by email on the 20th August.

- Lied.

*Note that the pre-order bonus codes are different for the Playstation 3 and Windows versions of the game, so please ensure you receive a code for the correct platform at the time.
*Pre-order codes will be available from Aug 1st, 2013.

- Lied.

No pre-order code arrived. I do not even have a product code, just a nice invoice sent by SE Site after payment, with no codes.
Waiting on support for 3 days no with no contact from them. Pre-ordered in July. Im a little pissed off.

Fair to say Square have *****ed some people yet again.

*Walks off limping for the major *ss r*pe recieved*

GoldX18
26th Aug 2013, 20:51
From thei own site :

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?ret=contact&p=1&kid=67923&id=5383&la=2&c=58&sc=343&subject=have+no+code+after+payment

- Lied.

- Lied.

No pre-order code arrived. I do not even have a product code, just a nice invoice sent by SE Site after payment, with no codes.
Waiting on support for 3 days no with no contact from them. Pre-ordered in July. Im a little pissed off.

Fair to say Square have *****ed some people yet again.

*Walks off limping for the major *ss r*pe recieved*

What they hid somewhere on their page (another user had found it) was that the Early Access was LIMITED, and not everyone would get one.

Hippy_Pickle
29th Aug 2013, 11:01
Before I get going on this I should just point out a few things about my setup and the processes I followed, either way I'm probably gonna get flamed but I just wanted to share my experience so far and the confusion as to why so many people have problems.
Obviously not everyone is on the same platform (PC or PS3) and not everyone got the game from the same place (Digital or physical) but for people in a similar situation as myself it should have been a case of follow the instructions and bobs your uncle.

So here goes:
(1) I'm on the PS3 and based in the UK
(2) I already had a Square-Enix account setup for a while, although never used it for anything like FFXI.
(3) I was on the phase 4 beta test so I already had the launcher client installed and my PS3 account management showed FFXIV Beta test under the services list. This also meant I had already linked my PSN ID to my SE ID.
(4) I preordered a physical copy from Amazon (UK) and received the preorder registration code via email instantly (good work Amazon!).
(5) I had the same errors as most people when trying to use the preorder code and it showed under my account (on this site) as a PC copy. I was patient & retried until it finally showed my PS3 download code, which I thankfully wrote down as the email took several days to come through.
(6) I used this code with no issues through the PS3 account management>redeem codes, I didn't download the client again as already had it installed and now under my services list it showed FFXIV early access (as well as the beta).
(7) I experienced the same problems as most during the EA with log on issues, no NA/EU servers showing but did get some play time.
(8) I received my physical copy on launch day but after reading the posts about registration issues I didn't go to do it straight away. I finally gave in last night as decided to do it (because PS3 trophies don't activate until you register product).
(8a) The physical PS3 disc came with 2 codes inside, one of these is a PS3 voucher and the other is a product registration code (like what comes with other SE titles like XIII and Hitman). I redeemed the PS3 code via the redeem codes option and this updated my services list with FFXIV standard edition entitlement. From here I logged in to the launcher (disc was of no use as it's just the same launcher install I had) and after entering my SE ID and password I had to accept the user agreements again (which also linked my SE ID & PSN again), this then brought up my account and I clicked next (not create new account which lots of people seem to have done!). After this I logged in as normal.
(9) I then decided to check the Mogstation website which showed my account as having 32 days trial and standard PS3 edition.
(10) The other registration code only serves 1 purpose and that is to register the game on this site and was not really needed in order to get my access and 30 days free trial.

Sorry if this got a little long winded but there just seems to be so much confusion on the processes and what code to use where, but for PS3 users who have physical copies then just redeem on the PS3. I would assume digital PS3 purchase would just show in your services list so no code would be needed.

It may have helped that I had a SE ID setup previously and I think a lot of issue are to do with people starting new accounts. If you have a SE account then there is nothing you actually have to do on any website in order to get access because this is all managed within the PS3 system. That 2nd code is just for your profile here.

For anyone who has just bought the game (physical copy) then make sure you have a SE ID setup first, then redeem the PS3 voucher, then install from the disc, then follow the instruction on the launcher and link your SE ID to your PSN. DON'T create new account from the launcher.

Hippy_Pickle
29th Aug 2013, 11:04
I would point out that if you go onto the mogstation before using the PS3 code (on the PS3) there is no option to register a PS3 copy. On the add platform button it only refers to PC version registration. For PS3 people it is all done on the console itself.

Rancyz
29th Aug 2013, 12:01
When I read the forums I also see similar problems I faced when I purchased the game, used the codes, and logged in. I think this thread is useful for those who are having similar problems to Hippy_Pickle, and it gives those people hope to keep trying other ways to get into the game.

Things I did to make the PC version work.

(1) Bought the electronic version of the game during pre release (Aug 25)
(2) Read everything carefully, because why not? I bought a game with money, so I might as well make it official and read every page before and after buying the game.
(3) When opening a page, or proceeding to the next page before and after purchasing the game, I opened those pages as a new tabs so that I don't lose any pages with any access codes and other codes, or instructions on them.
(4) Logging in into the Square Enix Management System was confusing because upon registering an account with SE, the site changed my username by adding a random number at the end, so I had to login using my email (case sensitive relative to your SE account registration) all letters lowercase and it worked. From there I saw my actual SE game login name.
(5) The one time password threw me off when login into the game for the first time. At first I thought it was one of those 'enter a 4 digit password for extra security just incase you wanted to delete a character to make sure no one else with your account deletes it'.After asking my friend if it was mandatory to purchase the one time password, I realised that it was not mandatory and it can be left blank.

Extra: PC players who can't create their character on the server can do so through the Benchmark FF XIV download, and then save their character and load it up on the real FFXIV game.

Hippy_Pickle
29th Aug 2013, 12:06
Thanks for adding similar details for the PC setup Rancyz.

I forgot to mention the 'one-time password' section can be left blank. The PS3 physical edition booklet has a step by step procedure on how to setup the game and access, it's on page 3 and you can't really go wrong. I'd just say create an SE account first (if you don't have one) and then follow the steps.

Like I said I think the 2 codes were confusing people but only the PS3 voucher is actually needed to get you going :)

TheRealKraggy
29th Aug 2013, 12:15
The One Time Password is confusing a hell of a lot of people, kind of surprising to me since many games nowadays have security tokens so I wouldn't have thought it was an obscure term, but clearly it isn't at all clear to many what it's for.

Hippy_Pickle
29th Aug 2013, 12:21
The One Time Password is confusing a hell of a lot of people, kind of surprising to me since may games nowadays security tokens so I wouldn't have thought it was an obscure term, but clearly it isn't at all clear to many what it's for.

It does feel like a lot of people have just come out of cyro-sleep and don't know what's happening in the world lol. Either that or in their rush of excitement to play the game they are just clicking left, right and centre and not reading things carefully.

Bobbo20
29th Aug 2013, 13:28
I followed the exact same steps as said. I already have a se account, it is already linked to my psn account, I was part of the open beta, everything. The registration code is giving me headaches tho. Regardless of when I try it constantly gives me the error saying my code is invalid (ps3 hard copy) and yes I know there are two codes and I promise I am using the correct one. So I'd say its a combo of following directions and luck for it to work for you

Hippy_Pickle
29th Aug 2013, 13:34
out of interest are you entering it through account management>redeem codes or via the store? Also what's currently showing on your services list? And finally what region are you? The hard copy should obviously be for your region but I know some people (like myself) have several different regional PSN ID's, I have my main UK PSN and then also a Japanese account, USA, Hong Kong and Australian accounts.