PDA

View Full Version : Crash at End of Training Mission

yumbelie
30th May 2004, 23:22
Hi,
I've just purchased thief 3, removed the shiny wrapping - and joyously installed the product. Fired it up, no problems, started the first mission, got to the end (where you flashbomb the guy) - and then I get outside - and stand there, the game mouse pointer appears, and nothing... I've checked the CD's - no marks - nothing - the HD doens't seem to be doing a lot. I can end the exe via task manager - but I want to play the damned game :\

Any help/Advice?

Thanks

Yum.

ddecius
5th Jun 2004, 11:42
I'm having the exact same issue. Even while playing the Demo it gets to the end of the training mission and just, stops. It's the same i the demo and the full version of the game. I was hoping it was just a 'feature' of the demo that it quit on you like that, unfortunately not.
I'm running the following:
Intel P4 2.8
1gig pc3200
160 gig IBM Deskstar 7200rpm
Windows XP/SP1, all current updates
Catalyst 4.4 on a Radeon 9800Pro 128
Onboard Sound/Soundblaster Compatible
DX 9.0b

I don't have any problems with any of my other games, in fact this is the 1st issue i've run into with this computer in the three months since I built it. This does seem to be a problem for a minority of users, i've only seen two other users complain about it so far, so i'd recommend putting up your system stats to see if anything in common with the systems is to blame...
I'd sure like to be able to play this game for more than the 3 minutes it takes to go through the training mission!

Daryll