PDA

View Full Version : Video problem: whenever i move the mouse to look around, the screen goes blur

B_Johnson
30th May 2004, 09:00
video card: NIVIDIA GeForce FX 5600

I recently installed this game and when I tried playing it, everything was fine until the start of actual game (after menu and briefing).

Problem: whenever i move the mouse to look around the play screen becomes blur for a short second and comes back. Getting headaches from it... -_-. I can only move forward and back in order for the screen to display all of what it's supposed to.
I don't know what's wrong with it. I tried changing the resolution and everything but it doesn't work at all.

Anybody have any idea what might be wrong with it?

Aligarion
3rd Jun 2004, 10:05
Try without the "Bloom" video option, I had the same problem before...

Chris_Eddy85
4th Jun 2004, 04:32
First of all, with bloom on, I couldnt see a thing. It was always a screen of one entire colour. When i zoomed in however, it showed up fine but as you know, u cant move with the eye zoom on. Now with bloom off, im getting the problem occuring only when i move the mouse. This is really annoying. I MEAN REALLY! I've got to the bit in the tute where u have to move when the guard's back is turned and im fed up. PLEASE HELP!!! QUICKLY!!!

Aligarion
4th Jun 2004, 06:36
I had the same problem but I can't remember what I did to solve it... the solution of your problem is in the video option panel, it's the only thing I'm sure... try different settings.

Chris_Eddy85
4th Jun 2004, 07:51
Anyone else got any ideas? I know i'm being impatient but afterall, it is thief 3 and i've been waiting 2 years to play this bloody game!!!

Aligarion
4th Jun 2004, 12:13
Originally posted by Chris_Eddy85
Anyone else got any ideas? I know i'm being impatient but afterall, it is thief 3 and i've been waiting 2 years to play this bloody game!!!

Yes, I remember what I did to solve the problem : I've changed my driver. I've installed the Detonator 43.51 and then it has worked fine.

If u have an old driver, try...

Chris_Eddy85
4th Jun 2004, 18:47
Yeah, I already fixed it thanks. I was having problems posting to this forum when I went in through hotmail(you know when the little bar is above the page saying "if u wish to return to hotmail blah blah blah"). I installed the new 5672 driver for my nVidia card. It works now with any combination of settings, but chugs really bad and feels very choppy, not the wonderous smooth game i expected at all. I always imagined this installment to be similar to that of a FM i played with a very large cathedral, don't remember the name, but there were 3 missions altogether and garrett was poisoned, and lost life constantly. I got a whole new PC for that after seeing the screenshots and when after seeing the previews of T3, I decided to upgrade again(Ok, I suppose 3 fairly-recent PC's is a little excessive, but i've got a brother and two sisters so there's always a fight over who gets to do what.)