PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Dissatisfied with Customer Support

DSanchez_SE
23rd Aug 2013, 17:37
Since noone there seems to be able to comprehend English.

I asked them to help me change my email on my "Service Account" since I was only able to change it on my "Square Enix ID" and it doesn't sync. They sent me an automated email on how to login to my Square Enix ID.

If you need your SQUARE ENIX account, please try logging into the SQUARE ENIX Account Managment System with your email address using the link below. After successfully logging in, your SQUARE ENIX ID will be listed at the top of the page. Please be aware that your email address must match the registered email address on the SQUARE ENIX acount including case sensitivity.

SQUARE ENIX Account Management System: http://account.square-enix.com

Included is a link to close the ticket, but not a way to respond to the ticket.

Thanks SE

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 17:40
Kinda harsh to be making pre-assumptions based off of one experience. True there are some communication problems but come on, try be a little more understanding.

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 17:49
lol, its not harsh its truth when they are leaving the player base to figure out things instead of someone in Dev team or GM team or whatever they call them answering questions. This is about the worst support I have ever seen and I have played MMO for more then 20 years. Sure there will be hiccups but not communicating with the player base in a timely manner is lame. I mean they cant even update stuff on twitter still says same thing it said 3 days ago if not longer I lost track lol.

Whippyice
23rd Aug 2013, 17:57
It always amazes me how people don't understand times like these.
Now don't get me wrong i understand that when you have an issue there is nothing worse than just waiting for someone to help. but for the next week they are going to be flat out trying to help as many people as possible i can pretty much 100% garentee they are getting an astronomical ammout of tickets raised at the moment, now i that is a little bit abbrouped how quick they have closed your ticket but there are a lot more people waiting in line for help aswell.

Squigibo
23rd Aug 2013, 18:09
Actually there is a way to change your email. Without there help.
But it's a secret.

Squigibo
23rd Aug 2013, 18:13
Oh alright.

If you wish to change your e-mail address or any other registered details on your account, please log in to your Square Enix account, select Update Account Information and follow the on-screen instructions.

------------------
But here's the secret... when they say "Square Enix Account" it's the SUPPORT PAGE of the Square Enix account.
Confusing huh?

http://support.na.square-enix.com/ (http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5382&la=1):scratch::scratch::scratch:

DSanchez_SE
23rd Aug 2013, 18:28
Oh alright.

If you wish to change your e-mail address or any other registered details on your account, please log in to your Square Enix account, select Update Account Information and follow the on-screen instructions.

------------------
But here's the secret... when they say "Square Enix Account" it's the SUPPORT PAGE of the Square Enix account.
Confusing huh?

http://support.na.square-enix.com/ (http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5382&la=1):scratch::scratch::scratch:

Thanks for trying to help, but like I said, I already changed it there and it doesn't sync with my "service account". Service account being the account you are signed up with this forum and have the game registered under.

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 18:50
Service account isn't this forum page its
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&ref=cis_na_login&svcgrp=Service_SEA
This page Not sure if EU and NA is different though for Account Management

DSanchez_SE
23rd Aug 2013, 18:56
Service account isn't this forum page its
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&ref=cis_na_login&svcgrp=Service_SEA
This page Not sure if EU and NA is different though for Account Management

Well either way, whatever you want to call them... there are TWO account admins. I'm referring to the one that logs you into this forum. The customer support page refers to it as the "service account".

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 19:08
Well either way, whatever you want to call them... there are TWO account admins. I'm referring to the one that logs you into this forum. The customer support page refers to it as the "service account".

As was said, this is not the Service Account. Refer to this as the Members account, as that is what this is. A Service Account is the secure link you were given, and it refers to what you have registered for Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XI, if you have anything registered for those games they are registered to a Service Account, as subscriptions for that specific Service Account. These sites are the same, but different. Nothing you do on this account will affect Final Fantasy XIV, only what you do to the Service Account on that Secure link. Try using the Members support and see if they can help.

DSanchez_SE
23rd Aug 2013, 19:14
Nothing you do on this account will affect Final Fantasy XIV, only what you do to the Service Account on that Secure link. Try using the Members support and see if they can help.

Well, my FFXIV purchase codes are registered to this "Members Account" so yes, it does affect Final Fantasy XIV. I've already contacted support about being able to change my email in one account but not the other. I received an automated response on how to log into my account using my email address.

Kiritos
23rd Aug 2013, 19:22
Unfortunately ill have to agree :( I ended up finding it out myself but in the mean time this lady I spoke to wasn't too nice nor too patient. Maybe she was just having a bad day.... lets hope. oh and a 40 minute wait time ha that sucked too

Hellishly
23rd Aug 2013, 21:44
I'll agree support sucks.
Had a NA account for FFXI, applied my early access code and it created a duplicate EU account. Problem is that though FFXIV shows up on my NA account, that is not the account the launcher or anything else accesses. So I get told I don't have a valid account.
Spent the entire night up trying to resolve this issue through Live Chat, but every time I get to number 1 position I get told "Status: Canceled There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later." So two wasted hours getting to number 1, not once but twice.
Try to log in to "http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum" to post in the Technical Support thread, but get told I need to choose a character to access the Forums.......then doesn't allow me to.

Quite frankly I've already had enough of the total lack of anything resembling Customer Service from Square Enix already.

Selodaoc
23rd Aug 2013, 21:50
It will be like those crappy F2P wheres the customer service speaks bad chinese/english if they answear at all :P

Hellishly
23rd Aug 2013, 21:56
To start....I'm in Australia, so the site it directs me to is EU. I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition, received the pre-order code and put it in on the EU redemption site several days ago. But I never received a second code!

Now when I go to my account page through the EU site it tells me I have no games associated with my account. It also shows me as having only registered my account August 23rd. If I try to put the code in again I get that the code has been redeemed.

Back during FFXI I had an account on the NA site. Now, if I go through "account.square-enix.com" I get to my older account which shows me as having FFXIV on my account registered August 18th.

If I try to login through the launcher I get the message that I have "No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn" rather than the message to wait for the servers to open.

So it looks like Square Enix has created duplicate accounts, applied the game to my NA one that is not linked to the EU account that the launcher accesses even though in both cases it is the exact same login/password used. And there is no early access code on the NA account.

Figured best idea is I contact Live Chat to try to fix up what seems like a complex issue, wait 2 hours in queue, get to number 1 position and get "Status: Canceled There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later." This happened twice. So over 4 hours wasted, and a night without sleep trying to resolve an issue Square Enix created.

To add insult to injury I find a link to "http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum" to post in the Technical Support thread, but get told I need to choose a character to access the Forums.......then doesn't allow me to select one.

This whole exercise is akin to beating your head against a brick wall........very painful and accomplishes nothing.

DSanchez_SE
23rd Aug 2013, 22:14
It will be like those crappy F2P wheres the customer service speaks bad chinese/english if they answear at all :P

No doubt. Already reminding me of Joymax... or NCSoft.

DrasticMeat
23rd Aug 2013, 22:19
I'm going to bump your thread, because there is some really screwy **** going on indeed with their "duplicate" EU/NA site relationship. It needs to be addressed before more people seem to have your same issue. I know that FF14 vanished from my profile as well ... under this profile ... and then after days of it not being there, it reappeared ... no explanation .... it just happened without my doing anything. So again, some really weird **** going down ...

Evarice
23rd Aug 2013, 22:28
You guys need to understand...I too want answers to things...but there are 23894723857423758237584238(.)3 people about to play this game tomorrow. THey have alot of going on. They are trying to "un%uc*" the code issues, they havent provided updates because there is nothing to update about something not yet fixed. Also the EU/NA address link goes straight to the same database. You can log in to either one. :))))

Hellishly
23rd Aug 2013, 22:36
You guys need to understand...I too want answers to things...but there are 23894723857423758237584238(.)3 people about to play this game tomorrow. THey have alot of going on. They are trying to "un%uc*" the code issues, they havent provided updates because there is nothing to update about something not yet fixed. Also the EU/NA address link goes straight to the same database. You can log in to either one. :))))

You may be able to log in to either one using the same log-in, but the Account Information is VERY different on both sites. And the launcher accesses the site that your FFXIV should be at (ie your region).
And no we will not be understanding when this issue is created by Square Enix themselves because of the way they do their stupid regionalisation. They need to fix this site/account duplication ASAP, or give compensation for lack of playtime during Early Access due to their mistake.

Hellishly
24th Aug 2013, 01:39
It is now a few hours away from early access, and nothing has been done to fix this region account duplication issue. In fact cannot even manage to get in contact with Support at all.

Very very angry here.

Taemek
24th Aug 2013, 01:45
This issue is even further compounded when 1.0 players are region locked to EU and new players from Australia who buy the game today are randomly locked to EU or NA.....

@Evarice, mind what you say please as the tone is very condenscending, we are falling in to the same catergory of people you are refering too, if this issue isn't fixed, we too simply, won't be playing the game due to this issue.

DSanchez_SE
24th Aug 2013, 03:03
Six more hours before the servers melt.

flyboyx26
24th Aug 2013, 05:38

The EU/NA database may be the same but they yield two very DIFFERENT PSN codes. If PSN codes weren't region locked, then there'd be no problem here for most of us. But that not being the case, most of us can't access the game at all, a lot of them being PS3 CE owners that are shelling out the most for this game.

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 20:56
On the official forums you cannot post a new thread until you have reached a certain level during phase 4/open beta. In open beta you cannot reach a certain level because of error 3102/90000. In early access you cannot attain that certain level due to said errors/codes not working. People are receiving bans on this forum for simply stating their frustrations and SE's lack of communication/customer service, albeit abrasively said at times. They are also handing out temp suspensions on the official forums like candy. There is also a character limit per post, and a daily post limit on the official forums, further silencing players. You also have to follow them on twitter to gain updates rather than posting somewhere everyone likes/is familiar with accessing.

Customer support system - I was on hold for 2 and a half hours to talk to someone regarding my code only to have to hang up due to work. I queued in chat support for 2 hours at a time only to be rejected when I got to number 1 in queue due to "agents are unavailable"... twice this happened. I sent two tickets each with me waiting for 2 days at a time with no response to either.

I don't expect to be the star customer and get personalized emails every hour, but they don't even send out a mass post regarding all players effected by these preorder errors/lack of customer service. SE has made the perfect system to silence players and keep them alienated to any and all information that might give them the slightest help.

The saddest part? All the help I've seen so far is from players. None from SE themselves.

Lars18th
24th Aug 2013, 21:00
Would you mind sharing the customer service phone number, since I cant find it in the support pages?

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 21:07
1 (310) 846-0345

They are off until Monday, though :/

Rufes_Stratos
24th Aug 2013, 21:10
I agree with this post, alot of the rage could be stopped just by simple information being given on the situation with the codes not sending. i just want SE to make abit of effort after all the money there fan base has pumped into them all these years.

Lars18th
24th Aug 2013, 21:28
If you expected the effort in the shape of proper planning and customer service, I think you already have your answer, just like they already have our $$.
I am writing down the phone number because I want to make sure I cancel my service over the phone with a live person, come next week.

skyravens
25th Aug 2013, 00:43
Yeah... I just pre-ordered it a hour ago and i cant download the game yet nor do i have a registration number to register the game!! Anyone know why?

archy1985
25th Aug 2013, 00:45
you are not alone. i pre ordered it 2 days ago. silly me thinking i would play early access. still didn't get any code. opened 2 tickets to report my problem. no ticket was answered.

Gimlisk
25th Aug 2013, 00:49
I've been sitting around for ages now and still haven't received my code... My mate got his in 24 hours time, but nope, not me, I haven't got my... Why not just let us buy the game and download it from our profile!?!?! Why be soooo complex!?!? :mad:

archy1985
25th Aug 2013, 00:51
i have a friend that bought it today and got the code 15 minutes after pre ordered. same method as mine : SE EU store

skyravens
25th Aug 2013, 00:53
I don't even have a link at the purchase order from store.na.square-enix.com/orders page yet to download!

Cloud13
25th Aug 2013, 00:56
ive been waiting since the 23rd july ! and others longer lol they take the piss and expect us to play and pay.... !!

archy1985
25th Aug 2013, 01:05
wtf 23rd JULY????? omg my hopes are gone.

skyravens
25th Aug 2013, 01:19
Idk wth is going on!! When can i expect to download this game? Guess i'll head over to there website and look at pictures and videos till something happens i guess.

skyravens
25th Aug 2013, 01:30
Is there anyone that knows what is going on? Please Help! :(

archy1985
25th Aug 2013, 01:43
i have no idea. they seem to be only focusing on instance problems with servers , they dont say a word about ppl like us with no order code

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 01:50
I think it is being handled in a priority order. As much as it stinks to sit there not knowing when you will get a code, even if you had one you would not be able to play at the moment. They are taking care of the problem that affects everyone first, and once that major issue is handled they will start moving down the priority list to address individual problems. It just makes sense that way.

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 02:16
Are you talking about the one-time password? Because that is not necessary to log in. It is an extra security perk. You just need to leave that spot blank. You can send an email to support without being a registered member.

As far as your super angry all-caps statement, I'm trying to help other people who are having problems, and maybe help calm down people who are upset and just don't know what steps to take. That's what you do in a community. You share your information and knowledge to help each other out. Instead of trying to incite a riot. You're upset. We get it. You don't want to play the game any more. That's cool. Your decision. I'm sure you will be able to get your money back through cancelling your pre-order. So now maybe you should just step away from the forum before you give yourself an aneurism over it.

skyravens
25th Aug 2013, 02:17
So will my order eventually give me a download link?

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 02:19
So will my order eventually give me a download link?

Where did you order from? Most online stores should send you an email with the registration codes and the download link. Be aware, though, that a lot of people are having problems and waiting for their codes. How long ago did you pre-order?
If you ordered from the Playstation Store, check your Playstation messages. They sent registration codes that way.

skyravens
25th Aug 2013, 02:27
i ordered the pc download one and i got it off of squares online store

skyravens
25th Aug 2013, 02:58
What would jayzus do?

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 03:07
I know, and I'm sorry, I'm not mad at you, I'm not even mad, I'm just extremely disappointed, and slightly sad.

I tried sending a support ticket but it wouldn't let me log in to their support site without a security token/whatever it is they chose to call it, even though I'm logged in here, on the forums. It doesn't seem like an extra security perk considering its everywhere and whenever it is asked for, I am refused the ability to log in without it.

I appreciate the apology. I believe you are talking about the one-time password, and like I said, you should be able to just leave that space blank (leave it entirely blank, otherwise it will register an incorrect password) and click log-in. It should not deny you, since it is an added security feature, and is only used if you activate it with the CE keychain or through a smartphone app. Hope that helps.

EDIT: I just saw the above post. Sorry, aside from that the only idea I have is if you would like to give me your contact information I will submit a ticket for you letting them know about your issue.

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 03:13
skyravens, if you have not received your code within 24 hours from the time you ordered, I would send them a ticket at support.na.square-enix.com or support.eu.square-enix.com depending on your area. Otherwise, like I said, they are sending them out every fifteen minutes, and there is a long line.

archy1985
25th Aug 2013, 03:17
i didn't get any code also. more then 24 hours now. i sent 2 tickets. but didn't get any kind of answer

Sesho13
25th Aug 2013, 03:18
First thought. NEVER order anything from Square. It took me a couple of days to understand all the different log-ins on their site and to get started on the early access. I bet if you ordered it from Amazon or Best Buy you would get the access code tonight. Or is the code even LINKED to the game youre buying? I mean what's to stop you from ordering it from Amazon, get the code, then cancel your order and still get the game from Square?

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 03:18
It looks like this round of maintenance is over, so they will probably be more focused on addressing individual issues now.

KalumAFC
25th Aug 2013, 03:51
I got mine about a month ago. Should of got it from a different retailer. GG.

SokothQultuq
25th Aug 2013, 03:54
So yeah! The real joke is they say they have people working in customer support over the weekend to support this launch, yet no one can get through to them. Or is seemingly getting responses. Granted I've not had to wait as long as some, but yeah. The customer support aspect is annoying. I'm still waiting to get my code situation fixed. I most likely wont see any game play during the Early Start, thanks to there ass backwards screwed up way of registration. They could have done this much better. Or perhaps its just Digital River that screwed the pooch. Either way, I seriously hope they learn from the mistake. But I'm not holding my breath.

Riggie
25th Aug 2013, 05:53
Holy crap,I just ordered the digital version 2 hours ago,and did not receive the pre-order code until now........so how long will it suppose to be >>>>

brianfoster1977
25th Aug 2013, 06:06
I too am waiting for my access code. What is the normal wait because I have been waiting for hours.

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 06:57
They must have done something bc I logged in, was unbanned from the forums, and now I'm actually creating my character. So, if you had anything to do with me being able to play right now, Hil, I will worship you for a very long time.

Yay! I actually did not have anything to do with it, but you can totally worship me if you want.
I'm glad everything somehow magically worked out for you. Hopefully they are taking care of these individual issues one by one and getting it done now that the major maintenances are over.

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 06:58
I too am waiting for my access code. What is the normal wait because I have been waiting for hours.

If you ordered digitally from SE, they are sending batches out every 15 minutes, but have patience, there are a LOT of people still waiting. Don't worry, though, they are working on it and it will come!

Jayeto1
25th Aug 2013, 08:32
also if you made a ticket DONT MAKE ANOTHER ONE!! it just sends you to the back of the que line again.

Rufes_Stratos
25th Aug 2013, 10:18
I think what winds me up the most is i need to send a ticket about not getting a code but i need a code to send a ticket.... RAGE MODE ACTIVE!

Talathor
25th Aug 2013, 11:40
I pre ordered the digital version 2 days ago from SE's official site, still no early access code sent. And ive been serching their forums, twitter, SE's official site for answers but can't find anything, its like they are ignoring every1 who haven't recieved their code. the only thing i find is

"Pre-order code has not arrived?

Please note that codes are sent out every 15 minutes. Should you just have ordered the game, we would advise you to wait a bit for the e-mail to arrive first. Please check your spam and junk folders as well, in case your e-mail provider classified the confirmation e-mail as such.
If you still didn't receive your code after AN HOUR has passed, please contact us directly."

I did send a ticket for about 48 hours ago but still havent recieved any answers. i could have gone to work these 2 days and made some decent money but i said no thanks, thinking that i would get the early access to ffxi.
SE has costed me 2days worth of work and a good 30 hour+ serching the web for a answer. :mad:
I would appreciate if SE AT LEAST could acknowledge us who haven't even received a code yet and give us a rogue estimate on how long we are supose to wait so i dont have to refersh the email every 15 min

ghastlykid
25th Aug 2013, 11:46
how did you do this you got any links/pictures?

i ordered the pc download one and i got it off of squares online store

Skwarski
25th Aug 2013, 15:43
Btw guys check your spam folder, in my case mails from cs etc was recived properly but early acces code was placed is trash folder :scratch:

samael521
25th Aug 2013, 16:31
do u still have ur copy of ur virtual receipt if u do the serial code u need is on there u redeem the serial either in ur account or on the preorder page and ur account then get ur early access code on same page once u have confiremed ur copy of the game the serial should be near bottom of ur receipt

Gomly1980
25th Aug 2013, 16:34
do u still have ur copy of ur virtual receipt if u do the serial code u need is on there u redeem the serial either in ur account or on the preorder page and ur account then get ur early access code on same page once u have confiremed ur copy of the game the serial should be near bottom of ur receipt

We have receipts from Square Store but the receipt has no codes on it.

Jackdogz
25th Aug 2013, 17:21
Like the title. This is a launch of a game, i suppose people work also during the holidays with all the money we gave u.
Now it's not possible i ordered my game 15 hours ago and still nothing when my best friend bought the game 10 minutes ago and after 5 minutes he received the key.

I dont care about the problem the game has in game. I care about my code, now, cause i paid for this and cause was in your offer, and if not that's only fraud or scam. U make me lost my time, cause i cant even download the client.
Give my money back and i will buy it in a different way or give me the code, and give the code to all the in people here.

By the way, congratulation, Well begun is half done. And trust me that i knew there would have been problems cause that's normal, but not problem also out of the game like this.

Another time gratz for your fancy game and start like this new adventure.

Still waiting your answer at 2 different tickets, not even blizzard was so slow to answer. Ah, and im still waiting for a post of SORRY and explanation on this forum from your side.

Jackdogz
25th Aug 2013, 17:29
im just care about my code and of course, my money. your eyes are not rilevant for me.

ChivalrousSnake
25th Aug 2013, 17:31
Idk if it is the same for everyone, but that serial code that was on my order got me my code.

Minizi
25th Aug 2013, 17:32
They are busy trying to fix ****. Why would they answer you on the forum? Stick with your tickets, or call them.

I was making a stab at your horrendus grammer and spelling man, shot WAY over your head on that one didnt it....

Jackdogz
25th Aug 2013, 17:37
man, i dunno where r u ****in from, but im italian and it's just a year that i start to watch some ****in movie in english for try to learn, cause i work everyday like 12hours even in the sunday. so about my grammar and my english, of course it sucks, but it's not the most important thing here it's the meaning of what i wrote. so if u want continue to waste your time boasting about your ****in mother tongue, dont answer please.

Still waiting my code here.

ChivalrousSnake
25th Aug 2013, 17:40
Goodness, you seem to have only picked up one word in english. No one is going to want to help if you are just cursing, mother tongue or not.

Go to the My Orders thing and copy that Serial code down, the page asked me for it and then once I put it in gave me my pre-order code. Please go do that rather than curse in your second language for no reason.

Jackdogz
25th Aug 2013, 17:50
Goodness, you seem to have only picked up one word in english. No one is going to want to help if you are just cursing, mother tongue or not.

Go to the My Orders thing and copy that Serial code down, the page asked me for it and then once I put it in gave me my pre-order code. Please go do that rather than curse in your second language for no reason.

I dont have also a Serial code cause i bought a digital edition, i have just a pre-order purchase confirmation.

Taemek
25th Aug 2013, 17:55
They are busy trying to fix ****. Why would they answer you on the forum? Stick with your tickets, or call them.

I was making a stab at your horrendus grammer and spelling man, shot WAY over your head on that one didnt it....

Customer service including phone, email and online chat support is only open from Monday through to Friday, so no, sticking to tickets will travel in to the best part of late next week with the rate these issues are piling up.

On that note, seriously, who the hell releases a game in to a live launch state and doesn't have customer support open over that weekend knowing all to well that there will be issues?

Just another indication of failure imho.

Jackdogz
25th Aug 2013, 17:57
Customer service including phone, email and online chat support is only open from Monday through to Friday, so no, sticking to tickets will travel in to the best part of late next week with the rate these issues are piling up.

On that note, seriously, who the hell releases a game in to a live launch state and doesn't have customer support open over that weekend knowing all to well that there will be issues?

Just another indication of failure imho.

+1 here.

Cupidoncrack
25th Aug 2013, 18:03
I dont have also a Serial code cause i bought a digital edition, i have just a pre-order purchase confirmation.

in your purchase email (Order confirmation email) you should have this msg on the bottom:

Product SKU: PC Download
Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $0.00
-------------->Serial Number/Product Code: XXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX <--------------------

If you don't, then something is wrong.

Jackdogz
25th Aug 2013, 18:17
in your purchase email (Order confirmation email) you should have this msg on the bottom:

-------------->Serial Number/Product Code: XXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX <--------------------

Pre-order purchase confirmation

Dear customer,

Thank you for your purchase. Details of your order can be found below. Please keep this email for future reference.

YOUR FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN PRE-ORDER REWARDS
Thank you for pre-ordering FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. As a valued customer, you are now entitled to the following rewards:

Early Access
Allowing access to the game servers ahead of the official launch, get your head start and make your mark in the realm of Eorzea.

Mog Cap
Show your love of Final Fantasy and strut around the world of Eorzea in this Moogle themed hat. Kupo!

Cait Sith Doll Minion
On sabbatical from Shinra and looking for adventure, Cait Sith will join your party as a non-combat pet when you pre-order the game.

You don’t need to do anything now. We’ll email you again near the time that the Early Access starts with the next steps.

You can find out more about the game here: www.finalfantasyxiv.com.

Don’t forget to follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Twitter: @FF_XIV_EN
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV

Your order receipt
This order will appear on your bank billing statement as: "Square Enix Limited".

Order #: (just the number of the order)
Purchase date: 25 August 2013
Purchased products: 1 x "FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn" (PC Download)

Items: 24.99 EUR
Postage & Packing: 0.00 EUR
VAT (0.00%): 0.00 EUR
Order Total: 24.99 EUR

Billing address: XXXXXXX
Payment method: Globalcollect - Visa
Delivery address: XXXXXX
Delivery method: Download

Your right to cancel: You have a period of time in which to cancel your contract with us. The duration of the cancellation period depends partly on your country of residence. Please refer to section 2.9 of our Terms of Use for further details. If you wish to cancel this order, please contact our support team. Our support team can guide you through our returns policy.

Please note: this message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

© 2013 SQUARE ENIX LTD. All Rights Reserved.
SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
Square Enix Limited, registered in England under no. 01804186. Registered office: Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, London SW19 3RU, UK.

Cupidoncrack
25th Aug 2013, 18:30
ahhh EU...

If you are sure to get a refund, order from NA is all i can say.

Seems EU players got screwed on this one. Everyone other than JP got f***ed actually >:(

Tisairi
25th Aug 2013, 18:31
I know, and I'm sorry, I'm not mad at you, I'm not even mad, I'm just extremely disappointed, and slightly sad.

I tried sending a support ticket but it wouldn't let me log in to their support site without a security token/whatever it is they chose to call it, even though I'm logged in here, on the forums. It doesn't seem like an extra security perk considering its everywhere and whenever it is asked for, I am refused the ability to log in without it.

The one thing I've learned from this absurd mess is that I will never play an mmo on a console again. Between this game, defiance, and dust, it's been proven that an mmo on a console is a ridiculous concept. I honestly don't understand how a company as big as square is capable of being this unsupportive.

Dude we aren't any better off on PC. Half of us were given PS3 preorder codes and SE just doesn't give a ****.

Jackdogz
25th Aug 2013, 18:47
ahhh EU...

If you are sure to get a refund, order from NA is all i can say.

Seems EU players got screwed on this one. Everyone other than JP got f***ed actually >:(

So we are totally ****ed up :D

Grimoire
25th Aug 2013, 18:58
Minizi, this forum is a place for everyone to enjoy. Whether someone is good at English or not is not relevant to the topic.

Jackdogz
25th Aug 2013, 19:00
Minizi, this forum is a place for everyone to enjoy. Whether someone is good at English or not is not relevant to the topic.

Thanks : )) Now if there's also someone that can fix all our problems i will be very happy : )

Crunchyblack21
25th Aug 2013, 19:05
Yup, I care more about getting my code, getting it registered properly and getting the game downloaded.

I understand launch issues, I understand hardware issues and servers going down/getting full.

I do not understand withholding the code that I purchased. That is not acceptable.

thegathering
25th Aug 2013, 19:06

Obviously, lots of things are wrong.

Here's mine:

Dear <>,

Thank you for ordering from Square-Enix, Inc. on August 24, 2013. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for DRI*Square Enix.com on your credit card billing statement.

Note: If your order contains download products, you can complete the download by looking up your order using the information and link below. When the order summary appears, click on the Download link next to the product name. If your order contains physical products, you will receive a separate email notification when your products have shipped.

To look up your order, please visit: store.na.square-enix.com/orders

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Square-Enix, Inc. Customer Service
www.findmyorder.com

Your Order and Billing Information:
Order Number: <>
Order Date: August 24, 2013

<personal info>

Shipping Address:

<personal info>

Product SKU: <don't want to paste>
Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn [PC DOWNLOAD] (Pre-Ordered)
Anticipated Released Date: August 27, 2013
Amount: $29.99

Product SKU: DR_EDS_PRODUCT
Product Name: Extended Download Service
Shipment Tracking Numbers:

Subtotal: $29.99
Shipping: $0.00

Tax: $0.00
Total: $29.99
Discount: $19.99

Additional Product Information:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn [PC DOWNLOAD] - FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Installation Instructions

1) Download the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn PC Digital Download file.

2) Double click the “ffxivsetup.exe” file and select the appropriate region and language settings.

a) Please note that this will also set the in-game language, but you can change this setting at any time within the FFXIV: ARR launcher program.

b) Ensure that you have at least 20 GB of free space available on your hard disk drive.

c) A User Account Control prompt may be displayed for Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 users. Select Yes to proceed with the installation.

d) Please launch the installer as a user with administrator rights. Windows Vista® and Windows® 7 users may be prompted for an administrator password.

3) Follow the on-screen instructions to install the FFXIV: ARR launcher onto your hard drive.

4) After you have successfully installed the launcher, run the program to check for any updates and proceed to register FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

5) Follow the onscreen instructions and carefully read through and accept the FFXIV: ARR Software License Agreement, Square Enix Account Agreement, and the FFXIV: ARR User Agreement.

a) Please note that a Square Enix Account is required to play FFXIV:ARR. If you do not possess a Square Enix Account, you will be asked to register one at this time. If you already have a Square Enix Account, you do not need to register a separate one and may proceed to sign in with your current Square Enix Account. To create a new Square Enix Account, you may alternatively access the following page using your internet browser. http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/

6) When requested, please enter the product registration code to complete the initial registration process.

7) To begin playing, enter your Square Enix Account username and password and select Log In.

8) After logging in, the launcher will check for the latest game data. If necessary, the latest files will be downloaded from the network, and the game will be updated to the most recent version. This process is automatic, and can take anywhere from several minutes to several hours to complete. The estimated time remaining will be displayed under the download progress bar.

9) Once the game has been updated, the Play button will be displayed. Click this button to start the game.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package - Instructions to sign up for early access to the game: <br><br> Visit http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content. <br><br> You will need an active Square Enix account to complete this process so, if you want to set one up in advance, please go here: http://na.square-enix.com/members.

No keys or anything else, and that is the only email I've received other than the account activation email.

Rufes_Stratos
25th Aug 2013, 19:08

No one is really enjoying this forum at the moment. There is still no information or answer to tickets. I know you are only a forum mod but do you know anything about why EU are being screwed over here? At this rate when i get on the phone to someone there going to have to be really good at conflict management.

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 19:11
Customer support IS fully active this weekend, they are just super swamped. Do not submit multiple tickets, you will be bumped to the back of the line. Submit one ticket and you will get a reply. It may take a while, but it will happen.

I gathered a lot of helpful links on this thread:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=5365

Hope this helps, good luck!

Crunchyblack21
25th Aug 2013, 19:15

Here's mine:

No keys or anything else, and that is the only email I've received other than the account activation email.

Same boat as you. No key, no email...not even an order confirm email.

What makes me even more uneasy is that when I search my order it states my order number, copied&pasted from my invoice is incorrect, and I need to enter my CC# and email to access my invoice. This makes me incredibly uneasy as im sure my support ticket is going to come back with that as the issue...

Money have left my account for the game btw...so they got their money...I have yet to receive what is owed to me...a code.

server issues due to traffic...no big deal...new game high volume that's understandable (though not sure why they assumed so few would play thus the handful of servers)

Regardless.

The issue for me is no code, no confirm email. And I see people posting who have been waiting weeks for a code...that is not acceptable.

HunterScotty
25th Aug 2013, 19:15

Here's mine:

Same thing with mine no key in the email

Slecrety
25th Aug 2013, 19:24
Customer support IS fully active this weekend, they are just super swamped. Do not submit multiple tickets, you will be bumped to the back of the line. Submit one ticket and you will get a reply. It may take a while, but it will happen.

I gathered a lot of helpful links on this thread:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=5365

Hope this helps, good luck!

It may be working for you, cause I submited a ticket 3 days ago, and I'm still waiting for an answer, I need my damn code, I'm not angry cause I can't play, I'm angry cause I don't have something I paid for. -_-...

HunterScotty
25th Aug 2013, 19:32
It may be working for you, cause I submited a ticket 3 days ago, and I'm still waiting for an answer, I need my damn code, I'm not angry cause I can't play, I'm angry cause I don't have something I paid for. -_-...
^ +1

Rufes_Stratos
25th Aug 2013, 21:42
As the title says people with no codes are getting ignored, Square do not seem to think this is a priority but i think you find it is as ALOT of people are now reporting this as fraud purely because we are being ignored and people are feeling ripped off. this is a major issue that needs addressed.

This is the SQAURE ENIX FORUMS! so why the hell is there no information being given as to why this is happening.

Emczyn
25th Aug 2013, 21:45
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/

hope this helps

Kvothe1988
25th Aug 2013, 21:45
Chill out mate Fraud is a bit much, its F2P for the next month anyways so its not fraud.
Everyone - myself included - is having a grumble about the game because its bloody awful how many errors we are having, and what little response we are getting but this is certainly not fraud.

Crunchyblack21
25th Aug 2013, 21:47
Umm, the game isn't free to play for a month, you paid $30 for that free month.

Oh, I finally got my confirmation email on my purchase.

No code included.

And yeah its pretty much stealing if you buy a game and then don't get the required activation code. I realize eventually it will all get sorted out...but with no communication as to what is going on...theres not a whole lot to go on.

I mean its like if you order something, give your money, then the seller goes silent when you ask "hey were you planning to give me the stuff I bought?" after taking your money.

Its pretty much how all of us feel right now. We gave them money, they took our money. They didn't give the required code and went silent on the matter. Under any other situation this scenarios usually plays out with "you got hosed" though as a reputable company as SE im assuming this will get sorted.

How about at least letting us know what is going on here...that would reduce the "I got burned" feeling most of us are experiencing right now.

Glad I got my confirmation email...problem is...I still haven't received what I paid for yet. Looking at the wording of the email...seems its changed from the preorder with early access I bought to just a preorder.

So im guessing perhaps the long wait was due to them switching out early access for people who purchased it...scummy move...but probably explains why no one is going to get a code until the 27th (and they added the word anticipated after it...so who knows)

I really think that's the route they decided to take, change everyones early access to just pre-order then hope no one complains.

So now im not expecting to get what I paid for, and instead getting something I could have easily waited on.

Oh well...live and learn. Certainly changed my perception of this company. I hope im wrong and were all getting our codes within a few hours. I certainly didn't buy just a preorder though, I made sure of that.

Check the wording on your emails for those who do get them....im curious if they did bait and switch on the early access to everyone of if that's just how they word the purchase.

Shankerz
25th Aug 2013, 21:49
Straight up fraud.... Sim city released better.. Vote these thieves worst company 2014... Seriously ea is better and more honest.

Rufes_Stratos
25th Aug 2013, 21:51
not getting the item you payed for is very much a breach of trading standards. I personally don't think its "fraud" but that does not make this situation any better. SE are in the wrong here and i would not care nearly as much if I had my code and just couldn't get on because of errors or over pop. the difference is i don't even have the choice or the ability to download the game I bought 40 hours ago leaving me with a bitter taste for SE at the moment.

All i want is my code so i can download the game to at least have it ready before main launch rather then have to sit and watch it download all day... is that really to much to ask? to get the item I payed money for. NO! it is not.

Kvothe1988
25th Aug 2013, 21:57
my emails -

The pre-order site is now live for you to redeem your pre-order code you have received from your retailer.

You can now download, install and prepare for the early access period starting on 24th August 2013.

The Early Access period will finish on Thursday 29th August at 23:59 GMT, to allow for any late deliveries from your retailer.
Visit the pre-order site to redeem your code now

then

Thanks for pre-ordering FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn!

Your pre-order code has been redeemed successfully.
Here is your early access code for the Windows PC version of the game:
Input this code, when prompted, after logging in to the game for the first time.

Alternatively, please go here to redeem the code.

Please click the button below to download the PC game.

Hope this helps

SinisJecht
25th Aug 2013, 22:01
Lmao FRAUD? hahahaha you were promised nothing with regards to early release, you didn't PAY for early release.You paid for the game which officially starts on Tuesday.Some people really don't have a clue.

Gimlisk
25th Aug 2013, 22:01
my emails -

The pre-order site is now live for you to redeem your pre-order code you have received from your retailer.

You can now download, install and prepare for the early access period starting on 24th August 2013.

The Early Access period will finish on Thursday 29th August at 23:59 GMT, to allow for any late deliveries from your retailer.
Visit the pre-order site to redeem your code now

then

Thanks for pre-ordering FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn!

Your pre-order code has been redeemed successfully.
Here is your early access code for the Windows PC version of the game:
Input this code, when prompted, after logging in to the game for the first time.

Alternatively, please go here to redeem the code.

Please click the button below to download the PC game.

Hope this helps

Awesome for you! NOT awesome for some who don't have that email...
So I'm still hanging around... Waiting for the code to pop in my email...

Rufes_Stratos
25th Aug 2013, 22:08
Lmao FRAUD? hahahaha you were promised nothing with regards to early release, you didn't PAY for early release.You paid for the game which officially starts on Tuesday.Some people really don't have a clue.

No you don't have a clue. preorder came with a early access code its as simple as that. its what i bought it for. Who the f*** cares about a moogle hat! im not a 12 year old girl. the early access is all I wanted and i have not got it. even the ability just to download the god damn game so im not sitting there all day waiting for it to download on Tuesday. ITS NOT HARD TO ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM. stop being such a fan boy.

archy1985
25th Aug 2013, 22:10
accually. it says : reward with early access. so yes. its fraud.

Kvothe1988
25th Aug 2013, 22:11
Awesome for you! NOT awesome for some who don't have that email...
So I'm still hanging around... Waiting for the code to pop in my email...
idiot i did it to help

SinisJecht
25th Aug 2013, 22:12
No you don't have a clue. preorder came with a early access code its as simple as that. its what i bought it for. Who the f*** cares about a moogle hat! im not a 12 year old girl. the early access is all I wanted and i have not got it. even the ability just to download the god damn game so im not sitting there all day waiting for it to download on Tuesday. ITS NOT HARD TO ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM. stop being such a fan boy. not being a fan boy, I'm just not acting like an angry spoiled kiddie who spitting his dummy out at the 1st sight of a problem. If you brought the game just for early access then you are a fool,as it was mention quite a while ago that they can't promise everyone will get it,nor did they promise a working game.Seriously use your brain and learn to read around and you will know all you need to instead of shouting fraud!?!?! lmao seriously

SinisJecht
25th Aug 2013, 22:15
accually. it says : reward with early access. so yes. its fraud. rewards are a luxury not a necessity, if you had paid extra for early access and didn't get it,then yes that's fraud. However you paid nothing extra,just the base price for the game,not fraud. False advertising? maybe but it's a small chance that would even hold.

Tempest02
25th Aug 2013, 22:19
You're probably being ignored because SE is busy fixing the servers so that people who preordered months ahead of time can actually play the game. And since the problems seem to be congestion and overcrowding well, last minute preorders are probably being stuck in the back of the priority lists while the people who had the sense to do it way ahead of time can actually get in the game.

Rufes_Stratos
25th Aug 2013, 22:19
not being a fan boy, I'm just not acting like an angry spoiled kiddie who spitting his dummy out at the 1st sight of a problem. If you brought the game just for early access then you are a fool,as it was mention quite a while ago that they can't promise everyone will get it,nor did they promise a working game.Seriously use your brain and learn to read around and you will know all you need to instead of shouting fraud!?!?! lmao seriously

So explain to me then fan boy why people ordering it today have gotten codes yet 41 hours later I have NOTHING. there are a number of people on these forums who said they had no problem or there mate got it and not them. there is nothing saying on the shop that we may not get a code or anything saying they have not run out of codes yet its just sitting there saying "pre order and get early access" so its still trying to sell a item you wont get and that my friend is a breach of trading standards.

Crunchyblack21
25th Aug 2013, 22:22

No I quite clearly bought the game because of early access, as it posted all over the shop website ect.

It became borderline fraud when that activation code never showed up and SE went silent to its customers.

Fine, if they want to renege on their offer of early access, at least tell the people who are expecting it, and purchased the game with that expectation...

I really think you are the one without a clue. People have expectations when an offer is clearly stated, and they purchase that offer, and then the company goes silent without providing the product.

You my friend are a shady sellers dream, and I would love to sell you anything you are willing to buy.

Tempest02
25th Aug 2013, 22:30
I wish SE had the sense to set the early access expiration to before it actually happened. These problems are probably occurring because of the last minute pre-orders and the masses of people trying to login which they didn't anticipate due to last minute sales and people trying to get into the game within an hour of purchasing. Fraud? If you're going to cry about fraud cancel your order and get your money back. I don't know where you ordered from but Amazon hasn't even charged my card yet, therefore I'm still playing for free. I feel bad for the people who pre-ordered way ahead of time and waited all those months, those are the ones truly getting cheated. The ones who pre-ordered ahead, which in a sense should work like a queue.

SinisJecht
25th Aug 2013, 22:34
I wish SE had the sense to set the early access expiration to before it actually happened. These problems are probably occurring because of the last minute pre-orders and the masses of people trying to login which they didn't anticipate due to last minute sales and people trying to get into the game within an hour of purchasing. Fraud? If you're going to cry about fraud cancel your order and get your money back. I don't know where you ordered from but Amazon hasn't even charged my card yet, therefore I'm still playing for free. I feel bad for the people who pre-ordered way ahead of time and waited all those months, those are the ones truly getting cheated. The ones who pre-ordered ahead, which in a sense should work like a queue. atleast you have a good head on your shoulders, most of them just don't seem to understand the sheer volume of players trying access the game,which were not anticipated because,as you say and I've said, last minute orders can cause a great deal of problems,especially on the servers.

Tempest02
25th Aug 2013, 22:39
I'm not a spoiled crybaby trying to blame everyone else but myself for getting on the bandwagon late. All my friends preordered this game the moment it became available, and most of them haven't been able to even log in because of server congestion. I don't fault SE so much as I fault the last minute people. YES, I said it. That's right. SE probably had no way of knowing how many last minute orders would go through, so how would they have planned for this. The only basis they had for server populations was a limited open beta and pre-order sales before it actually happened.

Kvothe1988
25th Aug 2013, 22:40
yusss im back in!

archy1985
25th Aug 2013, 22:41
se failed dude. as other mmorpg company's do. they are lame. and incompetent.

SinisJecht
25th Aug 2013, 22:42
I'm not a spoiled crybaby trying to blame everyone else but myself for getting on the bandwagon late. All my friends preordered this game the moment it became available, and most of them haven't been able to even log in because of server congestion. I don't fault SE so much as I fault the last minute people. YES, I said it. That's right. SE probably had no way of knowing how many last minute orders would go through, so how would they have planned for this. The only basis they had for server populations was a limited open beta and pre-order sales before it actually happened. EXACTLY!!! some people just can't grasp this idea,why not? who the hell knows.

CerebralEntity
25th Aug 2013, 22:51
get your access code i got the email saying thanks and was taken to the site to enter the code. i had no email with the code or receipt with the code. i bought the ce in full. i went to gamestop showed them my recepit and they kindly were able to print out my code for me thus i was able to get the early access problem i am having now is the mass errors and not being allowed to log on keep getting world full on every server i go to.

Crunchyblack21
25th Aug 2013, 22:51
Well if you haven't gotten a code yet, go to this link https://www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=DisplayHomePage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale=en_US

Put in your order number and you get the option to cancel the order. Luckily the money hit my account as fast as it left my account.

I think this only works for NA customers too. But it does work.

Hopefully they don't ban me for posting this (if they do I wont come back for the actual launch) I feel its probably the best option for the customers to do this and come back at launch, as well as reduce the volume a bit so they can sort everything out.

It certainly too a weight off my chest as to the status of my order and code however. Ill probably check back in here on Tuesday and see if there are still processing issues.

archy1985
25th Aug 2013, 22:54
no hope for europeans :( sad se, sad..

Gomly1980
25th Aug 2013, 23:11

Read the Square Enix store page for the game.

Go on, i'll wait.

Actually, i'll save you time.....

Pre-Order Bonus

EARLY ACCESS: Access the game servers ahead of the official launch. Get your head start and make your mark in the realm of Eorzea!

That is advertised as early access if you pre order the game.

Plain and simple, no ifs or buts .... early access if you pre order.

Talathor
25th Aug 2013, 23:13
Well if you haven't gotten a code yet, go to this link https://www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=DisplayHomePage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale=en_US

Put in your order number and you get the option to cancel the order. Luckily the money hit my account as fast as it left my account.

I think this only works for NA customers too. But it does work.

Ye EU dosent use digital river as retail.

Demi__God
25th Aug 2013, 23:18
SE doesn't keep in communication with their players. As simple as that. The Lodestone? It's dancing around major issues. "So yeah, you guys are having problems, we're looking into it. Please don't unsubscribe to our failing game."

No specifics, just bull**** on top of bull****. I applaud you SE, two fails at the exact same game.

RIP SE - 2013

Grimoire
25th Aug 2013, 23:24
Due to complaints, the title of this topic has been changed.

Grimoire
25th Aug 2013, 23:27
Rufes_Stratos: The only place I can direct you to is customer support. They will do what they can, when they can.

DSanchez_SE
27th Aug 2013, 22:25
You gotta love a company that is even too lazy to change the preset sender name on their automated email responses.

Hello and thank you for your GM call. For more information and gameplay advice about FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we advise speaking with other players, visiting our official forums at http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv, seeking information from a Community Site, or by searching our Knowledge Base. You may access our Knowledge Base by selecting FINAL FANTASY XIV from http://support.na.square-enix.com.

Thank you for your patience, and best wishes to you.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Game Master Team

Petie0
27th Aug 2013, 22:33
Ok... and I thought Blizzard was bad, but at least their GMs actively get to you in-game AND out of game...

Pretty ticked I don't have a code yet... you can't allow a purchase and not give a product, especially if digital.. should be nearly instant...

Blizzard has this mapped out I guess and that player base complains a realm hiccup with trillions of servers and thousands of people on many.

Guys, maybe it'll calm down a bit, but don't rage, yet... rage if they don't do anything to fix in about 4 hours.. then start getting mad because that warrants it.

Josh3781
28th Aug 2013, 00:25
Ok... and I thought Blizzard was bad, but at least their GMs actively get to you in-game AND out of game...

Pretty ticked I don't have a code yet... you can't allow a purchase and not give a product, especially if digital.. should be nearly instant...

Blizzard has this mapped out I guess and that player base complains a realm hiccup with trillions of servers and thousands of people on many.

Guys, maybe it'll calm down a bit, but don't rage, yet... rage if they don't do anything to fix in about 4 hours.. then start getting mad because that warrants it.

lol Blizzard has it mapped out probably because they've been carrying that same game for 10 years just saying.

DSanchez_SE
29th Aug 2013, 08:25
Better yet, why not just close tickets without answering them... :lmao:

Dear Customer,

Due to the overwhelming volume in regards to the upcoming launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we have been regretfully unable to respond to your request within the expected 48 hours. Because of this, your ticket has been closed in order to prioritize time-sensitive issues being reported during Early Access. If you have not yet found a self-resolution for your issue, we ask that you create another ticket after searching our Knowledge Base. Please also select the best category and sub-category pertaining to your issue for accurate delivery of your ticket.

We sincerely apologize this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you,
The SQUARE ENIX Support Center

Harukita
30th Aug 2013, 03:31
:mad: I'm pretty mad because i spent a lot of time waiting for chat and also trying to call to SE, i called today 24 times, haha and i have my original ffxiv 1.0 collectors edition receipt, and somehow they want me to buy the collectors edition items cuz my account appears as standard, and they said i never ever used the registration code -.- c'mon how can i play the game if i don't enter the code, the game ask for a code, i have the recipt i have everything and they said, im sorry if u want those items you should upgrade your game THA HELL IS THAT? i sept 80 dollars, also they said they will provide those items, and nos SOMEHOW it appears as standard. Also i registered the game tho my Square-Enix account and it appeared as ff xiv 1.0 and now appears as ps3 game, like if the game i registered is a ps3 game wtf IT WAS A PC GAME!!! why now appears as PS3?????????????????? -.- omg actually im really mad, being with square- enix from 2005, but omg customer service its pretty bad!, even if i had the original receipt and pics of my game i have prove that i have that game from long time ago haha they said im sorry i cant help you, thanks for nothing square, thanks for nothing.:mad:

Zer0zero
1st Sep 2013, 14:19
Oh wait!! There is!! These forums - and it'd take them just as long to write a post about server down time as it does for me to be sarcastic about it.

Olemangray
1st Sep 2013, 16:45
just something would be nice.. what a damn jip, waste of money

Secret666
1st Sep 2013, 17:30
Try using the this http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/625-Status

Reinharth
1st Sep 2013, 17:40
well some of us has gotten lvl 50 by the week and so on.

but i can see that theres alot of sad and not satisfied players around :(
world is full.
lobby error's.
conection lost or failur.

this where suposed to be a break throug but for now its been a breakdown.
we pay'ed for youre salary, now please let the paying people play soon SE. im sick and sad and just tierd of having to use most of my day trying to connect.

what do you folks think? share your insight.

Paleoak
1st Sep 2013, 18:15
I expected full servers and wait times when I purchased the game. It happens with every MMO and online based game. However this has been much worse than I had expected. I only have a couple hours of free time a day, and I would love to play the game, it's fun once you actually get it! It just stinks having my 2.5 hours of free time blown on trying to get in.. Every. Single. Time. I can only ever get on for maybe 15 minutes before my free time is up and I either have to go to bed or go to work in the morning. :(

agapetos
1st Sep 2013, 18:31
I believe this kind of cases could belong to the class sue case unless Square Enix does something very quickly. This is because we paid for the playback time, not for the number of connecting the servers. If we cannot play because of the game server maintenance, it is understandable, and which every mmorpg does. However, if we cannot play because the server capacity limitation or any technical difficulties, Square Enix is wasting our guaranteed playback time, which means that they are illegally making money from people. Thus, this could be the class sue case. Square Enix should think about how they can compensate to the people who lost their time for just trying to log in for hours of their supposed playback time, which was already paid in advance. Every second we cannot play when we want to play, we are losing our money and additional time.

Impiety
1st Sep 2013, 18:38
They have made it very clear. They do not give a damn about the NA/EU playerbase.

TheRealKraggy
1st Sep 2013, 18:38
I believe this kind of cases could belong to the class sue case unless Square Enix does something very quickly.
LOL, I love armchair lawyers.

As for 'compensation' have you bothered READING the last two post's by Yoshida explaining what happened and why, and what is being done about it and when? No, I doubt it, instead you just come here and rant like umpteen thousand others.

What do you think your post will achieve? Do you think SE don't know large numbers of people are pissed off?

Good luck with your legal action, if you manage to get anything you'll be the first in MMO history, and pretty much every MMO launched had problems, most were pretty severe, NONE got sued.

Reinharth
1st Sep 2013, 18:49
i see theres alot of diffrent and comon veiw's on this. we all want to play. but we cant be that lucky.
everything has its flaws but it still dont mean we need to sue them. but your right in that there using of play time like this is a bit out of manner.
but every game has downs and ups.

but this was important to SE cause of there downing with the 1.0xiv there probably trying.
and theres alot of people and x amount of workers cant reach everyone all the time. and as i mentioned in an earlyer post. sending in error logs and bug reports probably the only thing exept time, we can give them

agapetos
1st Sep 2013, 18:56
There is a difference between paid and free. With the beta test period, no one can complain it because they are allowed to play in that kind of situation. A lot of mmorpg does provide their beta test period before they are going for the commercial. In addition, a lot of mmorpg doesn't require to purchase a copy of game to start playing. You can just download from download websites. How those games make money is to sell in-game items. With this kind of mmorgp, you cannot complain the login problem because you don't pay for the playback time. FFXIV is different. They are exclusively selling the playback time to the players. They are not selling the game itself. They are selling the playback time. However, currently people cannot play the game and wasting their playback time with just trying to log in. Somebody said that every mmorpg do have this kind of issues. Yes, they might have the similar issues. However, do they all ask money to play the game? Or does this kind of issues often happen like current FFXIV after the beta test period? I doubfully believe this is the same case with other mmorpg. This is just a matter of time. If this issue keeps happening and Square Enix cannot resolve this issue very soon, yes, you can say that we could start the class action against Square Enix and this would be the first case against MMORPG history if you say this never happened.

noob45
1st Sep 2013, 19:04
Everyone loves the arm-chair lawyer, doctor, archeologist, astronomer, etc....

Find the class-action lawsuit against a videogame developer whose argument is the following...
“misled and profited from thousands of their customers by making a promise that they could not, and never intended, to keep.”

The funny thing about the U.S. legal system is how common legal action is as well as the results that come from it. A fat person can sue McDonald's for making them fat and win.

Alphafear
1st Sep 2013, 19:05
Defiance was buy-to-play model too. It also had an in-game shop. Now THAT was a wonderful launch, ruined by non-stop tampering with the system due to a few cry babies. But, you could almost always log in. They do have a daily down-time, to make sure that everyone who is playing, and wants to play, doesn't lose out to those who camp out just for the sake of skipping the log-ins.

I blew $300 on Defiance, between CE, and the bits. Now, haven't logged in for months, and my bit balance still sits at well over 20k. I knew that was going to be a mess, as it was the first attempt at a 'complete' game platform - XboX, PS3, PC. Compared to this, however, Defiance went out without a glitch. Patience is a virtue, but this time, I'll be patient with the 'buy' button on the crysta, and the monthly subscription - even though I was about to pre-pay for a year (assuming, however, that one can buy multiple 180-day subscriptions).

So, I guess they also have to be "patient" for more money from customers, but I wouldn't be holding my breath, if I were working for SE.

LaughingSade
1st Sep 2013, 20:55
What do you think your post will achieve? Do you think SE don't know large numbers of people are pissed off?

Good luck with your legal action, if you manage to get anything you'll be the first in MMO history, and pretty much every MMO launched had problems, most were pretty severe, NONE got sued.

Really? Pretty much every mmo had problems? What about Guild Wars 2? Pretty epic undertaking but little to no issues at launch. [though I agree that many others did have hiccups] Also, that is a pretty lame defense for them when this is TECHNICALLY a re-re-relaunch of sorts...They should have planned A LOT better than this before taking money from their customers. This isn't at all a personal attack against you, btw, I just find that defense lacking.

LaughingSade
1st Sep 2013, 21:03
They have made it very clear. They do not give a damn about the NA/EU playerbase.

I am now sadly inclined to agree with you.

LaughingSade
1st Sep 2013, 21:20
"please wait until a slot is available then try again!" So...we don't get a login queue but you ask us to realize when a player slot is open before we try signing in again? Are you now offering free courses in ESP, Square? If so, PLEASE sign me up. Because after awhile of trying to sign in the client screws up on me and shows NO available chars to even try signing in with. So hoooow is one supposed to KNOW when to try? We don't all have that much free time and this is sort of wasting the free afternoon I had. After this post I am off to another game for the time I had left to relax today..because FFXIV is becoming more of a forum game than anything for me at this point.

FinityForever
1st Sep 2013, 21:30
Amen

Zidbella
2nd Sep 2013, 03:32
Dear Sirs/Madams:
After years and years of development, after waiting for a beta key, after playing the Betas, after writing and reading in the forums how exited we all were for the game, after playing the pre-order week, and after starting to have fun in the finished game, I today cannot even past the setting window. The game tells me , I am not a registered player. I cannot log in to the Loadstone to let you know that since you all have erased my characters. I am angry. A small statement will not make me happy. You have not comply with your customers. Us. Us who paid money. Us who like to admire the technology and the innovation of a world wide game. Us who have follow the stories of the FF series. Us with apparently no voice to your minds. We are disappointed. We are angry at you small vision and ineptitude. We are angry to your lack of service and repeated failures and we will voice our rage in all gamer forums. Thieves.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 09:09
Dear Final Fantasy 4 team? hmmmmmm.

Could you not include me in your collective WE rage, as I am generally happy, obviously frustrated with the issues, but happy none the less. As I have said on multiple occasions that when you do get to play (and also IF you get to play) then all the frustrating log in problems are quickly forgotten.

pimhead
2nd Sep 2013, 09:40
hes not talking about log in problems hippy hes talking about he finished the game and his chars got deleted i thingk anyone would be unhappy about that and the fact that all they need to do is do a roll back on his account would fix the problem. not to mention all they need to do is reset the servers and kick everyone that hasnt loged out in 24hrs

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 09:51
Well it was so hard to read I couldn't quite tell what he was on about, I mainly posted because I found the 'Dear FF 4 team' funny, obviously having your characters deleted isn't funny however!

SageJMP
2nd Sep 2013, 10:10
I bet the topic creator never registered his retail copy of the game at the mogstation.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=68528&ret=main

Usually "un-registered" and "characters missing" is a sign of someone who has not registered the game and his account is currently set as inactive until he registers

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 10:14
I bet the topic creator never registered his retail copy of the game at the mogstation.

That is quite possible and after reading it again I still don't think he was on about having finished the game, he was referring to playing the 'finished game' as opposed to playing the beta

TheRealKraggy
2nd Sep 2013, 10:21
Dear Sirs/Madams:
After years and years of development, after waiting for a beta key, after playing the Betas, after writing and reading in the forums how exited we all were for the game, after playing the pre-order week, and after starting to have fun in the finished game, I today cannot even past the setting window. The game tells me , I am not a registered player.
If you had read these and the game forums you'll know this seems to be a common problem, clearly one SE didn't intend. But you must know this, you can't have missed all the posts about it, so I have to presume you haven't raised a ticket and tried to get it resolved, instead you've come here to rant.

Fine, hope you're happy, because that isn't going to get things sorted out, is it?

Spence420
4th Sep 2013, 19:34
The worst experience i have had in gaming is due to this game. Between this companies lack of support and error ridden game, i dont see myself buying anything else from Square Enix.

I sent two emails 6 days ago, they sent me a response saying it would take two days max and here i am waiting like an idiot thinking something is going to come. Obviously they could care less about their customers or this game. Its one thing if the game itself had tons of errors and glitches but its not the game its the planning they did.

Sending out bad registration codes and not buying enough servers to fit everyone is something they could have avoided, hell all of these complaints could have been avoided if they spent more money. Now they are spending THAT money but its too late you have a boatload of pissed off customers.

Instead of being more than prepared for this game, they basically spent as little as possible for maximum profit, i am glad it backfired.

TheRealKraggy
4th Sep 2013, 20:09
Bye.

Spence420
4th Sep 2013, 20:12
what? where did i say i was leaving

xXpaskyXx
4th Sep 2013, 20:22
Sorry for the message, but I'm already seven days I put a ticket which I did not answer, did post on the board in the technical section and nothing, tried the chat support, waited two hours and then find myself that no agent is available. in the end ... I lost my pssword security application on my smartphone after it siu is reset without a valid reason .... And now I can no longer log in to my account and in the game .... now I would like to ask what kind of support you give support .... The Blizzard is a thousand times more

P.S. I hope you read -.-" f**k :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

dvskore
4th Sep 2013, 21:50
That sucks man. Try calling Square Enix customer support at 858-790-7529.

TheRealKraggy
5th Sep 2013, 07:24
Given your obvious anger at SE and that you're "glad it backfired" I assume you hope the game will fail and die .. otherwise why post such a vacuous comment?

xXpaskyXx
5th Sep 2013, 08:41
Ok I'll try...but I live in italy,do you know how can call that number :( I don't know the prefiss to call from italy to London :(

WelshSpeed
5th Sep 2013, 10:42
Its the same password that you have used to log into the forum lol. Your square enix account and your ff14 accounts use the same name and password.
if you get issues on login just come back here to login and hit the big button marked forgotten password and enter email linked to your ff14 account and you will get a new password sent to your email.

xXpaskyXx
5th Sep 2013, 11:26
Ehm it's not so simply because i've the one time pssword...But the app on my smartphone reset himself and i've lost my security password...And now i can't log :(

Patient_Zer0
6th Sep 2013, 19:23
I am so frustrated I just want to complain a bit i suppose here but if someone (including Square) can help then all the better.

So i bought FFXIV a month before release, got my early access codes and all was well. Other than the small bugs on early access, nothing was wrong and it was a vast improvement over FFXIV. But on the 27th when it asked me for my new code I went digging through my email and found it. Entered it in and was then promptly shown a "Region is incorrect for your account" error. I though maybe a mistake so i tried again, and a third time. Same message over and over. So I thought, what do I do. Ill try call them. Got their number from support page and called them up. Waited on hold for almost 3 hours before i was disconnected due to end of the business day. Well that was frustrating but i guess every company has to close at some time right. So since I worked the next day i just went on chat while I was at work. Waited almost 4 hours to get through to only be prompted with a "No operators are available to help you, please try again later". I thought that was what I did, tried later. It was still during mine and their business hours so what the heck. I tried again. Took almost 3 hours but same thing happens again. So at this point I just figure ill email them. I wait, and wait, and wait 9 days in total till this morning, I finally got a reply. A very generic reply to my issue. The man that emailed said

"Many of the contacts we have received involve issues that have been resolved by the recent hot fixes, issues resolved by the countermeasures we have set up to combat server congestion, or issues that have been otherwise resolved by customers themselves. Given this situation, we sincerely regret to inform you that we will be pre-emptively closing your support ticket at this time."

Well i can tell you my issue was not resolved as it was still doing the same thing today. same issue with region lock. So this time I investigate my settings and such and find low and behold there is a good reason, my account is EU still after i moved to Canada and i cannot switch it. But why still? i understand the issues but EU and NA play on same servers. As well the game let me play my early access code without any issue or "region lock" issues. So why do i get this only with the new code? Also why, with how 99% of sites work these days, did the SE store not say "Hey you are registered in EU and buying an NA version, you sure you wanna do that man?" but no I get nothing.

I understand this was part my issue but I get no warning, 9 day wait for support tickets to be replied to, I cannot play anymore and I could on early access with the same purchase codes. The forms they have for registering a code wrong wont help as far as i can tell. I have no clue what to do but what? wait another 9 days to get another generic reply from another member that does not even work for SE i am sure.

All i know is that if this is the help i am getting I would prefer a "You screwed, re buy the game" reply rather than what i am getting from them. I understand they are overloaded with issues and customer complaints but at the same time this is just unacceptable Square Enix.

lightning902
9th Sep 2013, 18:21
Get a brick. Print the ticket. Wrap the brick with the printed copy of the ticket. Throw it through their front door. If that don't catch their attention, I don't know what will.

Jaderiss
9th Sep 2013, 20:04
Way to go Square Enix, you truly are an incompetent company!!!

I spent $80 on your turd of a CE, "FFXIV 1.0" and did not receive any info on how to receive my free copy of ARR. Not only did I not receive an email or instructions, but after spending hours waiting to speak with someone in chat support, "Daniel A." informs me the information was in forums and on Twitter. Well, news flash, not every customer of yours has time to surf forums and hang out on Twitter waiting for instructions that could have easily been given to your PAYING CUSTOMERS via a simple email...you know like in those sent during BETA!!!

In addition I was cut off abruptly before I could even get all the info I needed from your support tech "Daniel A".

So now I've got to figure out the rest I suppose...THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!

At least I know now not to ever support this company again if the $80 I spent isn't appreciated. Guess I'll take my money elsewhere! :mad:

What a rip! Maybe I should contact the BBB!!!

JakobMays
11th Sep 2013, 03:19
If you have tried, like me, to contact Square Enix by multiple avenues for nearly 2 weeks with no success, despite their stating they will respond to your inquiries...

...then here is an alternative way to make contact with them:

http://www.bbb.org/los-angeles/business-reviews/video-games-dealers/square-enix-in-el-segundo-ca-13168063

Seriously. If this applies to you, be an informed consumer and protect yourself and others by taking an informed action.

RhoneFyrce
11th Sep 2013, 06:04
The question is, did that help at all...?

Looks like they're relatively local. Maybe I should just stop by and have a little "chat" with these useless a-holes.

TheRealKraggy
11th Sep 2013, 12:40
BBB is powerless, SE had an 'F' rating years ago and nothing happened to them in spite of all the FFXI players who [threatened] to contact them.

BTW, these are the EU forums, at this point in time thankfully Amercan law doesn't pertain here when it comes to consumer issues, so BBB is irrelevant anyway.

noob45
12th Sep 2013, 04:52
The BBB is a joke. Businesses PAY the BBB for their ratings.

This may be the forums for the EU players but it is also the forums for the NA players.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=6637

That is the link to this thread, and if you notice it is forums.na

nuxell
12th Sep 2013, 21:43
So I go to log on the game this morning and the launcher says that their are no registered accounts. I go to the MOG site and it says my account is suspended. Four hours waiting on the phone to customer support before my phone's battery goes dead. Five times of waiting for an hour plus in the online chat just to get down to number 1 in that queue then it tells me each time that no one is available to help me and to try again later. Game uninstalled, complaint filed with BBB. Such a shame, I really enjoy the game. Good luck and happy times to those that are able to play and good luck and hope you get your act together SE.

BUBear2001
13th Sep 2013, 19:58
Amen brother. Same here. Clear hack job and nothing but auto response and disconnects. This is a joke. Sorry SE, but you've lost another customer

Kayhen
16th Sep 2013, 22:09
They need to sort out all their different sites to manage accounts a do it like battle.net , when i login to my square enix acc despite that the preferences are my country UK it changes automatically to US...very strange indeed....

darkasier
20th Sep 2013, 21:14
I've been a week trying to get support in chat and with mails (3 hours waiting and I never get to contact an agent, then repeat process of waiting in the queque) with mails. Their response of emails is that I need to make a call or get assistance by chat (They dont have a phone number for my country). Today I've been trying to get chat assistance since 9am (PST)... And I probably will have to wait until monday without playing the f.... game. If the game cost 14 dls per month at least they should give a decent assistance... I won't play it anymore!!!! (...Ok I'm lying, I really want to play it) But don't you think this is too much :mad2:

Holyheal
23rd Sep 2013, 20:29
I finally get talked into trying AAR and what do I find, support remains unchanged. Worst part is their ACD queue is set to drop the call at 1 hour 30 minutes. It should be forwarding to another line or support message. It doesn't it just drops. If any customer waits 1 hour 30 minutes it hangs up and they have to start over. Basically not getting through until wait times are less than 1 hour 30 minutes.

What is worse is when attempting to notify them of this after being told to call to fix my issue, basically i get brushed off again. Can't believe the support with something so big is still so bad. I work in this specific field and if I did this my CIO would have my tail. I couldn't even get to a supervisor to work it out with them. I would be happy to call and wait if i hadn't already for a total of 3 hours 23 minutes.

Sad Panda.

Agent Austin P: Hello and thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
You: ok
Agent Austin P: While I look over your ticket information, may I have your first name please?
You: Eric
Agent Austin P: Hi eric, I see that you are trying to remove the security token from the account correct?
You: Yes, the one i got from the original FFXIV 1.0 Collectors Edition completely died
Agent Austin P: Unfortunately to remove tokens from the account you will need to contact us via phone support at (310) 846-0345 from 9am-6pm (PST). Do you have any other issues that I can assist you with?
You: I have called twice
You: been hung up on twice
You: 3 hours 53 minutes waiting.
Agent Austin P: That would most likely be not being able to hear you when answering the call.
You: I need to escalate at this point and have someone call me. It drops each time at exactly 1 hour 30 minutes.
You: I have multiple tickets at this point trying to find a support path.
Agent Austin P: Unfortunately we cannot make outgoing calls. Please try calling us again and we will be happy to assist you.
You: Thank goodness at least you answered
You: Maybe you aren't understanding. Its not a hearing problem the system is dropping me at 1 hour 30 minutes each time. Logs would verify. Its crazy to expect an end user to wait for this long with 0 service. I am still on the phone waiting even now. I just keep dialing back in.
You: If you can't assist I understand as I am an IT support manager but for the love of god find me someone who can assist instead of leaving me dialing all day.
Agent Austin P: We do apologize for any inconvenience but the only way to remove this token is via phone support.
You: The is not about a token anymore.
Agent Austin P: Then how may I assist you?
You: I came back to try the game again from 1.0 and first thing i face is 4 hours of support calls that hang up and no support. If this has not changed I will just cancel
You: Its about retention
Agent Austin P: We do apologize but as far as I am aware, none of our agents hang up on our customers.
You: they didnt the phone system is automatically hanging up at 1 hour 30 minutes each time
You: 12
Agent Austin P: This is the first time that we have ever heard of something like this but I will inform this to the supervisor's. Do you have any other issues that I can assist you with?
You: 12:32pm called 1 hour 30 minutes duration
You: 2:06 pm called
You: 1 hour 30 minutes duration
You: now I am back in the queue
You: Yes find me help, transfer the session to a supervisor etc. Do something
Agent Austin P: Once again, the only way we can remove these tokens are via phone support.
You: I don't care.. I want to escalate the support issue. You have an IVR/ACD routing issue and its affecting your customers.
Agent Austin P: One moment as I check this issue.
Agent Austin P: I verified this issue for you and as of now we have not heard of anything like this. I suggest to try again so we can assist you with removing the token.
You: Unbelieveable, thanks anyways. It was nice to see the new world for a few days, best of luck to your venture, I will be cancelling again, if you guys can't figure out basic ACD Queue routing timers then god help us all

GrkOneSix
27th Sep 2013, 02:28
Alrighty!

I'm seriously fed up with this so I'm going to explain this again and maybe someone there can give me a reason for this not working and not redirect me to either:

a) a non-existent chat option, (see below)

b) tell me to call some long distance number and be charged for a problem that I shouldn't even be paying for.

I want a reason why the registration code that I input into my Square-Enix account provided me with a pre-order code that when I entered into MogStation resulted in me being told it was for a different region.

Don't insult me by telling me Os look like 0s. I copy and pasted your code over, along with several manual entries.

I've checked the regions for both the MogStation and Enix accounts. Both are Canadian...
I've contacted EB and they've told me they've not had this issue with anyone and all their keys were NA keys.
That makes me wonder if some one there thinks Canada is on the wrong side of the globe.

Also why can't this issue be resolved over email? I have the original email containing the pre-order code you people sent me about a month ago when I had originally registered the first key. I'm a full-time student and I really don't have the time to dick around with somebody over the phone in some center on the other end of the country during a time slot that is already full or spend time looking for this chat option that you claim exists and have asked to be linked to it out of frustration only to get the same "support center" answer.

Give me a real reason. Not some PR nonsense.

Normally I wouldn't be this mad but I've been jerked around by some excuses and pointless re-directions all over a damn item code?
All it should take is for you to confirm who I am and apply it to my account.
This has been the most overly drawn out experience ever. I'm really disappointed, so much so that I'll probably cancel my future pre-orders of your products and not even bother with subscribing to FF14 which is a shame because apart from this issue it is a well designed game from the 1 1/2 - 2 weeks I played before getting fed up with your customer service and tech support.
It is no longer launch day. No excuses.

Oh and Live Chat option when creating a new ticket? This was taken at approximately 5pm-6pm PST (I happened to arrive earlier than usual from class)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/823363_10152542105416953_1376189401_o.jpg

Good day,
GrkOneSix

Bekzmix
3rd Oct 2013, 22:06
Update- 310-846-0345: Number works (found on random site). A ticket I sent in is in queue to be reviewed. Apparently they are just starting to put together a team and systems to handle issues such as the one I have described. According to the rep they will contact those who send in tickets (you do not get an email saying they've received it) in time.

------

TL;DR - There is no TLDR, read the whole thing.

Due to inaccessible customer support in NA, automated responses to emails/tickets which they then close, and no live chat support for XIV I will never buy another square enix product unless this is resolved within the next 5 days.

My Experience--
Situation: My account, which has a password consisting of caps, #'s & Symbols over 16 characters that I have never used on another site, was hacked and my (and my free company's) gil stolen. I simply want my character rolled back a day or so to retrieve my inventory gil. Not a hard thing, right? Wrong.

Note: The hacker left the character I didn't recognize on my friends list however. If SQ were to follow the mail chain they'd be able to catch the guy/'company' that is doing this to people. But clearly square enix doesn't give a flying :mad: about the customers when there's an issue to be resolved.

Via Phone (different numbers from various listings)--
1-858-790-7529: 'this company requires a long distance access code *click*'
310-846-0345: Number works, am currently on hold... (will update)

Via Email: I have received 2 emails. Both were automated responses which basically read 'check if your computer in plugged in'. The tickets were subsequently closed with no way to respond or actually talk with a semi-competent person to resolve my issue other than sending a reply email to receive another automated response. (no rinse, my time is long gone, i wont get it back) & Repeat.

Via Chat: I have found no chat service for FFXIV, and I have done extensive searching.

If anyone has any legitimate helpful information i'm all ears!
I am not here to flame, merely to provide an account of my experience.

I will update this thread with anything helpful that worked in case any unfortunate individuals in the future are looking for help with similar matters come across it. If this is you, I'm sorry friend, it's unfortunate people continue to enable such bad services.

TheRealKraggy
4th Oct 2013, 09:42
Note: The hacker left the character I didn't recognize on my friends list however. If SQ were to follow the mail chain they'd be able to catch the guy/'company' that is doing this to people. But clearly square enix doesn't give a flying :mad: about the customers when there's an issue to be resolved.
And you know they're not doing what you've described and thus you rant about their lack of concern ... how?

Clearly they're not just going to roll back your character and give you back the gil that was stolen while leaving the stolen gil in circulation. You assert that isn't your fault, SE have no reason to believe you,it could equally be an attempt to obtain gil under false pretenses.

Yes, I KNOW you'll say that's not the case and it's SE's fault, fact is no one really knows except you and SE aren't foolish enough to believe everyone who claims innocence when history shows large numbers who claim that, LIE!

For those that are innocent I realise it's infuriating, I'd be no less angry, but fact is this is not something a simple rollback will satisfactorily solve.

BTW, do you have a Software Token for the account?

Anyone who's seriously concerned about account theft, for any reason, always has that option open to them. Yes, I KNOW you'll say you shouldn't have to, but not doing so makes you at least partly responsible due to negligence, you had the option of having extra security to guard account keyloggers and other potential causes of this which were under your control.

xGninjax
16th Oct 2013, 21:54
So it has been about 1.5-2 weeks since my account was compromised. It took me about 12 hours to actually be able to talk to a real person through their so called "support." I bought a copy of ARR and was using the free 30 days. Not 1 day later before I even had a chance to get a security token, my account was hacked. I notified SE customer service and they said they would investigate. Now 1.5-2 weeks later and another 1.5 hours on hold for their "customer service" and I am told there is no news yet. Really? Oh and I am told that the 30 days for the trial is still going and I won't get any of that time back. I must say I will never play ARR again. ******* ridiculous. This "customer service" is by far the worst I have ever seen.

TheRealKraggy
18th Oct 2013, 09:25
Having your account stolen isn't really SE's responsibility, is it .. given no one has produced any evidence whatsoever that is is, the 'session ID' bug isn't a plausible cause for 99.9% of all reported cases of stolen accounts .. and given the large number of people who have had their accounts stolen then SE have a lot of people before you in the queue.

Tecky83
18th Oct 2013, 16:50
same here my account is terminated by SE because got hacked. My pc has firewall and AV and i don't simply go to unknown forum/site. I don't know how they get my login details.
Account got stolen maybe not their "responsibility" but too many players got hacked. why? is it their server got security holes?
Even they don't. They shouldn't have sucky Customer Support that tell you they will investigate and disconnect your chat support/phone right away. If you contact them again, they will tell you that there is no ETA for your account to be unban and you will ONLY get their email after the investigate is complete.
Even though they have a lot of players having the same problem. Still it takes too long.
Why Blizzard Entertainment can solve these kind of problem within 1 day and they can't? SE isn't a small company.
Don't give anymore excuse for providing such a inefficient CS. If they have bugs, then fix it asap before adding anymore fancy things.

seleo1
18th Oct 2013, 18:44
Sorry but I don't know where to put this question... I would like to buy the digital download, Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
Is it possible since I am from Canada? is the digital dl still up in the air since August? cuz I tried and it says I am out of the region O_o.. please would love to play this game I need help..

Tecky83
19th Oct 2013, 00:51
You can buy from amazon or ask for help from friend in NA/EU that can pay using their card/bank. Then you paypal or whatever to them.
If you are buying it from official website yes you may encounter region problem

No-support
19th Oct 2013, 07:49
Having your account stolen isn't really SE's responsibility, is it .. given no one has produced any evidence whatsoever that is is, the 'session ID' bug isn't a plausible cause for 99.9% of all reported cases of stolen accounts .. and given the large number of people who have had their accounts stolen then SE have a lot of people before you in the queue.

Well if i have Swtor, WoW, GW2, Rift on the same computer and SE are my only account that have been hacked, my computer is only a few months old and i never download anything on it except the gmaes, i have what i need to secure my computer the question is, do SE? Since to many ppl have been hacked/suspended/terminated for it to be an coincidence. My account was suspended for someone reporting a gold spam from it, so i guess i was hacked also since when it happened i was sleeping like a child, the strange thing is that when i asked how ppl could report since i had seen plenty spammers when playing, they told me just to send a ticket/note when a spammer was online. but the funny thing is when i asked them if they demanded a screenshot from the one reporting the spammer, they said no.

So if a guy is in a dungeon and win some loot some other kid really wanted this kid could just get angry and report you for gold spamming and your account is suspended for until 6 weeks. (and all that have been playing WoW knows there is loads of those kids in mmos's) So atlest demand a screenshot if you gonna have all players ingame doing your job and reporting spammers.

Tecky83
19th Oct 2013, 13:39
Well if i have Swtor, WoW, GW2, Rift on the same computer and SE are my only account that have been hacked, my computer is only a few months old and i never download anything on it except the gmaes, i have what i need to secure my computer the question is, do SE? Since to many ppl have been hacked/suspended/terminated for it to be an coincidence. My account was suspended for someone reporting a gold spam from it, so i guess i was hacked also since when it happened i was sleeping like a child, the strange thing is that when i asked how ppl could report since i had seen plenty spammers when playing, they told me just to send a ticket/note when a spammer was online. but the funny thing is when i asked them if they demanded a screenshot from the one reporting the spammer, they said no.

So if a guy is in a dungeon and win some loot some other kid really wanted this kid could just get angry and report you for gold spamming and your account is suspended for until 6 weeks. (and all that have been playing WoW knows there is loads of those kids in mmos's) So atlest demand a screenshot if you gonna have all players ingame doing your job and reporting spammers.

No point to explain to him because he probably is one of them. All his posts on other threats are defending for SE.
Same goes to me, i have so many games on my PC and only FF got hacked. Also, my account is new not even 2 weeks old.
We all know that compare SE's CS with Blizzard. One can come out with a result within 2 days and unban your account. Another takes 6 weeks to forever.
Everyone knows how can they fasten the investigation by checking the IPs logged into the account. That's usually their first few steps to check and that result is obvious enough to know if your account was hacked or not.

No-support
19th Oct 2013, 15:39
Well, don't really care anymore. Did just cancel my account. Now i'm Just waiting for a proper game from someone else than SE to come along.

Czelfae
21st Oct 2013, 20:44
Well i can attest this IS true... I registered my account/buy the FFxiv digital pc version on Square Enix last thuesday, 17 oct. I was playing yesterday the 20 oct., got kicked from game (thinking i crashed again) and when i tried to get in when putting password; got the message like what my account is not registered HA! like hell it isn't, what the?... Since then can't log in game. Tried to change my password like 10 times on the square enix management account. still nothing. first time to EVER get a problem like that in ANY mmo games. On my MOG service account it says i got suspended? what for? I send a ticket right away to support center, but in reading forum and all threads on everywhere site... i wont hope for any support.
I even wanted to buy another digital pc version so my brother could play with me, but it seems they like to loose money and thrust in ppl.
Oh well, will see where it goes and if no fix before my 30 day trial is up they lost me forever.
Czelfae Core (character in game name)
server: Midgardsormr

xGninjax
24th Oct 2013, 13:03
Well i can attest this IS true... I registered my account/buy the FFxiv digital pc version on Square Enix last thuesday, 17 oct. I was playing yesterday the 20 oct., got kicked from game (thinking i crashed again) and when i tried to get in when putting password; got the message like what my account is not registered HA! like hell it isn't, what the?... Since then can't log in game. Tried to change my password like 10 times on the square enix management account. still nothing. first time to EVER get a problem like that in ANY mmo games. On my MOG service account it says i got suspended? what for? I send a ticket right away to support center, but in reading forum and all threads on everywhere site... i wont hope for any support.
I even wanted to buy another digital pc version so my brother could play with me, but it seems they like to loose money and thrust in ppl.
Oh well, will see where it goes and if no fix before my 30 day trial is up they lost me forever.
Czelfae Core (character in game name)
server: Midgardsormr
Yea I think my 30 days are almost done, and I have had 0 response. It's been 20 or so days since. SE so called "customer support" is worthless. When my WoW account got hacked, I called blizzard TOLL FREE and they just had me verify it was me and they got me back in that same day. I will most likely never ever play ARR ever again. I am also considering filing a complaint against them, because I am sure they do this so that you will have to pay at least a month's subscription or waste $40 on a game that you can't even F****** play.

xGninjax
24th Oct 2013, 21:19
And I can see that the forum admins/admins period don't really care.

GreatPass
2nd Dec 2013, 16:51
I never saw a lak of comunication like this. There is just no way to talk to someone and have direct assistances. The squarenix suport is the worst support I have ever seen in my life. No, comunication, no direct assistances, no real information about any problem you may encounter, no noting. Seriously its lame.

Seluhir
19th Dec 2013, 12:40
Kinda harsh to be making pre-assumptions based off of one experience. True there are some communication problems but come on, try be a little more understanding.

I contacted their customer service... I got the same pre-scripted response that wasn't relevant to my issue twice in a row.

FFXIV:ARR's customer service is abysmal, and it's the reason I won't be renewing my account.

Mnemonyss
25th Jan 2014, 19:27
On January 8th I purchased a server transfer.
By January 12 the payment cleared my bank.

I've opened numerous support tickets.

I was told first that the payment hadn't cleared and there was nothing they could do.
I pay a monthly subscription fee that doesn't clear automatically but I still can play, so this doesn't make sense.

After the payment cleared I contacted support again, and I was then told that I needed to contact a game master about my issue. I couldn't contact regular FF XIV support.
So I did that, and was responded to 3 days later that my issue had been escalated. That was on the 16th.
So I asked for an update to my issue about 3 days later on the 19th.
I didn't get a response until the 21st, that they understood I had an issue with my character transfer and that I needed to call regular square enix FF XIV support to get the issue handled.

I responded to that on the 22nd with "You do realize that this has taken nearly a month."
They already have my money, but I haven't received what I purchased?
I'm constantly being told to contact a different support department and this has turned into a huge circle-jerk.

I asked them flat out why is it that no one within their service organization actually wants to help their customers?
To me it seems as though their entire support process is flawed, and they haven't hired the right people for the job they are doing.
A customer shouldn't have to contact various support venues to get a situation resolved. The person that first handles my ticket should own the issue and get it resolved by contacting the various people that the issue concerns in order to ensure the customer isn't going through some crazy support fiasco. This is frustrating and ridiculous.

Mnemonyss
30th Jan 2014, 03:12
I'd like an update Sqare Enix!

Abemand
4th May 2014, 15:05
Here's what happened to me today:

Customer support services including email have been "down due to technical difficulties" for two weeks now. Why on Earth the *EMAIL* service is also closed nobody knows - because I got an answer via email which instructed me to "try the support chat". What Mnemonyss says above is completely true: one support department will just refer to one of the others. Anyway, back to my experience - as if the 70 minute wait (not kidding) wasn't enough, when I finally "got through" I was simply told "Support chat is closed, please try again tomorrow".

This is horrible customer service - it's beyond belief, really. Two weeks of "support not possible" because of technical difficulties? "Not able to reply via email" actually used as reply for a friggin' email. Extreme waiting times and then a door slammed in your face. It's arrogant, dysfunctional and very unprofessional. But best of luck to you if you decide to try anyway. I personally am cutting my losses and just buying a new license (yes, I know, it will just feed the terrible beast - but waiting for support actually costs me the price of two FFXIV games every hour because it has to be during business hours).

Square Enix clearly doesn't care one bit about customer support.

PygmyBBQ
5th May 2014, 00:33
I'll make my contribution to this thread. I purchased a digital key from Newegg.com in March and I immediately attached the key to my Square Enix account. I didn't want to start playing yet, and figured my free month wouldn't begin until I actually logged into my account. In April, I received an e-mail that my free month had expired.

Today I contacted customer service and asked for my 30 days back, stating that if they looked at my account they would be able to see that I never logged into my account. They acknowledged that they could see I never logged into my account but would not give me my 30 days back.

Quite unfortunate that they lack clear account messaging regarding the 30 days and their customer service lacks the power/will to problem solve situations rather than parroting customer service guidelines.

I purchased FFARR solely to support Square Enix. After seeing their GDC presentation and hearing them talk about how they felt in-debt to their fans to re-launch FFXIV after its initial failure, I felt obligated to support the game.

gimpbeavis
5th May 2014, 01:17
I purchase the game today online so i can play right away like every other game you buy online. After digital river takes my money for square i get told to wait 72 hours for the code to be able to play. This is retarded no other game makes you wait to be able to play a game you just purchased online. I dont know how square allows this to happen. customer service is one of the reasons a MMO stays alive. thats why people hate games like WoW garbage customer service.

Kuraikoto
22nd May 2014, 00:59
I let my sub to FFXIV ARR run out a while back due to an issue with forum access. Recently, one of my friends mentioned he was thinking of buying a PS4 and FFXIV ARR on it in order to play the game. I have a few extra account registrations keys and would offer him one but I can't do that in good conscience with how their support has played out.

Apparently, official forums are headed by a separate support staff so the support personnel you are lead to when using the support links on FFXIV ARR official forums, or Squre Enix's account page, is unable to help. The responses I've had so far include: forums aren't integral to the game (so keep paying us and ignore the fact that in the past you needed to post on forums to get in-game assistance...); there is nothing I can do to assist; that is headed by a separate department; we can't help over e-mail please create a new ticket and choose chat (there is no chat option using the FFXIV ARR support ticket links) or call this number; and most recently "that is headed by a separate department, so I can't help, and I can't connect you to them or provide you a way to contact them."

The support staff is organized in such a manner that there is some mystery staff for some departments which no one can contact to oversee, manage, or provide support. I even used one of my spare keys to make another account. I figured I could make a character on that account an make a post to get assistance on the very forums which are causing the issue. Unfortunately, the forums is bugged for the new account and remains stuck in a loop where I must choose a main character to access any of the forum sections/threads.... and choosing my character from the list doesn't resolve the loop. Hopefully the servers just need time to update... despite showing my character name the data may be incomplete?

Regardless, I spent a lot of money on FFXI and FFXIV to be unable to get assistance. I've had to waste a spare key I could have given to a friend to get another subscriber for the game. I've also had to let my sub run out. I won't pay a company that continues to use avoidance techniques instead of assisting its costumers.

/end rant... if anyone has an idea on how to actually get help, I'd appreciate it. If not, good luck to the rest of you but I'm going to go talk my friends out of buying anymore games from this company and sit on my remaining key.

Kuraikoto
23rd May 2014, 20:41
I purchase the game today online so i can play right away like every other game you buy online. After digital river takes my money for square i get told to wait 72 hours for the code to be able to play. This is retarded no other game makes you wait to be able to play a game you just purchased online. I dont know how square allows this to happen. customer service is one of the reasons a MMO stays alive. thats why people hate games like WoW garbage customer service.

*edit* I hit reply instead of quote. >_<

I didn't play WoW often but when friends did they talked me into trying it out on and off. Any MMO can be fun when you get into shenanigans with friends but man that one gets old fast to me without them on often. Back on point, I used the same e-mail/pw for WoW/GW/FFXIV. I lost forum access on FFXIV for what is either someone else accessing my account on forums or false pretenses. I have had my account on WoW suspended for suspicious activity but they restore it after entering your security info and a password reset...

SE support on the other hand does not. I'm told by in-game support that my account may have been compromised and to contact out of game support using the original account. I contact out of game support, and despite in-game saying that can review forum restriction (although saying they may still decide to do nothing) the out of game support says there is no such review process at all or they claim that is handled by someone else and no one can contact them...

Its utter non-sense. The in-game support is at least polite but the out of game people will cut you off as you try to explain things and is quite rude most of the time. I just filed a BBB complaint and will see if they assist through that complaint. Worse case scenario, SE does nothing and takes a hit in their BBB rating while I avoid wasting more money on them.

This has really ruined the company for me. Loved final fantasy games, IV is one of my favorite games. However, I don't want to be one of those people who pays a company that seems to treat customers poorly or does unethical things. If you complain and pay them while they do nothing, you certainly aren't helping the problem.

hayleybug
10th Mar 2015, 00:25
This is the ****tiest service I've ever had. I had to pay before I could download the full client at all, and now it won't even download, and customer service is taking 2 hours just to talk to me. This is BULL****, excuse my language. If I knew this was the crap I'd have to deal with, I never would have paid for this game. I would have just stuck with WoW. WAY better customer service, and way less issues. I was a fan of Square Enix for as long as I can remember, had just about every game from them so far... this just chases me away, and makes me not trust them at all.

hayleybug
10th Mar 2015, 00:28
At this point, I prefer WoW over this bullcrap.. I had way better service with them.

Wezlee
22nd Mar 2015, 16:07
my account has been blocked due to suspiscious activity and I have to reset my password, I have used the link given, entered my email, but I haven't received any email from SE, I cannot log into anything that my account is linked to without resetting my password, I can't reset my password without the email!!!!!! why is SE customer support so bad????? we all pay a subscription and this is how we are treated? I have been a customer of SE's for 10 years now and never had a problem like this, but now..... I see just how bad the customer support is..... I'm disappointed SE!!! to have an online game with phone help only available during weekdays in office hours?!? you seem to pay more attention to GM's in the game... why no more help to actually get onto the game!

Johnwck
13th Sep 2015, 21:29
Yes, this is what has happened to me as well. I am just stuck in a perpetual circle, resetting my pasword that never ever works so SE then re-freeze my account. I have no idea why this is so difficult compared to other mmos I've played. It's a disgrace. I was reluctant to buy the game after a similar experience setting up a trial account and then boredom got the better of me and I made the mistake of purchasing the full game with a month of game time and cannot even login. I can't even get the launcher to accept the passwords I reset and I am just stuck in a cycle of perpetually resetting my passwords all the time. It's terrible.